Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard it said that we are ALL just one bad decision away from jail or death. Sometimes I have to remind myself of that when I get too judgmental here. Sadly, VW's one very bad decision ultimately ended in her death. JMO

That, and if they were legally married, he’s her next of kin and inherits her money and whatever else she didn’t forfeit already.

I believe this is a non-starter; he wouldn't be able to inherit if it's determined the money was accumulated/contemplated in the pursuit of a crime.

Imo the "we're married" thing is just a simple cover they gave to the motel clerks or whatever. I'll be surprised if they actually got married.

Given where we found they were this entire time it doesn't seem like they were trying to hard to avoid detection.

I would have figured they would be hunkered down in a cabin in the woods with months of food supply. But nope. They stay in the middle of a city for an entire week.

I don't know about CW but I'm now starting to believe VW was on a suicide mission.

I'm sure he found her one weakness and from then on he knew exactly how to play her. And once she started giving him extra privileges he owned her. She probably thought she was in love with him. Whether he was with her we will probably never know. Who knows. Part of his grooming her may have been repeating vows long before the escape. jmo

Interesting. Where is an article or documentation about that psychosis simulation exercise. I would like to know more. Any links?

Thank you.
"We did a simulation of what it's like to hear voices, like some mentally ill people have," Butler said. "We had to put on headphones and we had voices in and out and different kinds of voices."

One earpiece might sound one way while the other might sound another way.

"One meek, one rude," he said. "You had to function. You had to put a puzzle together or solve questions or you had to go through a routine. Just all sorts of things while you're listening to this.

"This one may be telling you you're worthless, this one may be making laughing noises or animal sounds. Or one may be telling you you're great, you're stupendous and this one is over here crying."

Said his assistant at the jail, Vicky White, "It's hard to concentrate on what you're supposed to be doing."

ETA: Originally posted by @citizen_sleuth in thread 1

Interesting. Where is an article or documentation about that psychosis simulation exercise. I would like to know more. Any links?

Thank you.
I posted it on the second page of the first thread, but I’ll repost it here:

Vicki White (also spelled 'Vicky') has training in inmate mental health.

In 2016, Vicky was quoted in an AL.com article about a hands-on experiment where she wore an earpiece to understand what it like for inmates with severe mental health issues: "it's hard to concentrate on what you're supposed to be doing," she told the paper.

In 2017, minutes of the Lauderdale County Commission show that she and other members of the Sheriffs Department attended the National Institute of Corrections Inmate Behavior Management conference in Aurora, CO.

I'm sure he found her one weakness and from then on he knew exactly how to play her. And once she started giving him extra privileges he owned her. She probably thought she was in love with him. Whether he was with her we will probably never know. jmo

Agree. I don’t think this is any health or mental issue. She thought he cared about her and fell for his tricks.

I think we know her why, or can at least piece together a narrative that makes sense to many people toward the empathic end of the spectrum, which I feel Websleuths attracts and is one of the beautiful elements of this site/forum …

I can see it. Like her, I have a career of many years, but I have way more important things. I sit here typing in a house alive with kid energy, beautiful daughters, a healthy and happy partner. I’ve had the great love affair. I’ve had the limerance, the travel, the sense that life was breaking in my favor, the adventure. She had the ex who died of Parkinsons in January (hell to watch), the sunsetting career, the “waddling walk.” She probably met that guy and felt things she never felt, maybe ever. Was he a colossally bad choice? WORST. Can I understand a lonely woman whose only tether to good was her mother? … yea. The day I am perfect, I will cast my first stone at this very sad woman who Thelma & Louised on her way out, doused with adrenaline and dopamine and delusion, and who didn’t shoot at anyone else at the very end.

Credit to the marshals, police, paramedics, nurses and doctors who I believe all acted in good faith to try to keep this woman alive long enough for family to get there, maybe to put organ donation on the table, and because it was the right thing to do. Credit to them.
Very well said.

Agree with all.
I think her mom is also going to suffer thinking of those 5 weeks they lived together, if only she’d picked up on something and she could have talked her out of it.

That, and if they were legally married, he’s her next of kin and inherits her money and whatever else she didn’t forfeit already.

No, my understanding is that a spouse only has right on property, money brought in to the marriage subsequently. So sale of house doesnt figure.

Wow. That's wild. Dispatch alludes they have VW and CW on 911. "He shot himself. We could hear her on the line saying she had her finger on the trigger."
Yes, they say, “She says she has her finger on the trigger” then get it absolutely backward and say, “He has shot himself; the female is still armed.”

I’m in total agreement with you there. Options are a sins and stones thing. I’ve had the means to give these girls of mine options. Let’s keep in mind that if we could rewind time one month, and read a bio of this woman prior to all this, we’d be respecting her fortitude in a 25+ year unblemished career around convicts in an area with less than zero economy, serving what is described as a maternal role for younger hires, in an environment where livable houses go for five digits and the media cannot find a friend to interview about her. Think about that - has anyone seen a friend of hers in the news? She didn’t have a circle of relatable women around her. I work in finance on Wall Street. I have women around me who would show up in a severe crisis, publicly and privately. Not seeing that for VW.
I’m the opposite of you. I feel like part of me slightly identifies with her. I have a husband and children and I also prefer a low risk lifestyle so I’m not saying I would ever remotely find myself in her situation. Definitely wouldn’t work at a prison. But as far as not having a big circle of friends or feeling important or worthwhile… I feel like I am not in a position to judge her for feeling those things, if she felt them, having always been a little like that myself. The sheriff says that her coworkers are struggling to cope with her death. I hope they let her know how much they cared when she was alive.

I am frankly surprised that CW called VW his wife.
All along I have been sure this guy was manipulating VW, using her for his own purposes...freedom, and that he would likely discard her at some point while on the run.

So did he genuinely have affection for her? Did he care about her, love her?

Or did this come out of his mouth with some other purpose? If so, what? Money, the estate? What benefit would that be while he's in prison for the rest of his life? Spousal privilege in a trial? Maybe.
Some sort of sympathy seeking for this tragedy? Not likely.
I'm wondering if Vicky showing him any kind of compassion after being in prison was enough to make him feel some emotion towards her, maybe even love. I would imagine prison/jail is short on caring and compassionate workers and inmates. I don't know if it's really love, maybe more like desperation.

I don't feel like she was sad (disturbed yes). I think she felt righteous and heroic. I have felt (and stated) from the very first thread that something happened to her thinking after the psychosis simulation exercise that she participated in, back in 2016 or 2017 as well as the ongoing conferences and programs she attended. I visited the website of the agency that held that conference and researched the topics they covered and articles in their library about inmate mental health. I think she went overboard with that advocacy and perhaps did not have the mentorship and foundation required to balance or process it correctly (as one would in, say, an academic setting), which resulted in her skewed thinking. Then she latched on to CW and incorrectly applied her narrowly acquired education and it became an obsession that grew to unreasonable proportions. All my own opinion and theory.

A psychosis simulation (which sounded bizarre based on the article) doesn't make a person mentally ill or cause disordered thoughts. None of us will know what she was thinking, but I think it's very unlikely she had a diagnosable mental health condition that made her do this. We know a lot about why people do things like this and usually it isn't an acute mental illness. I can say with about 99.99% confidence (as an expert in the field) that it has nothing to do with the psychosis simulation.

"We did a simulation of what it's like to hear voices, like some mentally ill people have," Butler said. "We had to put on headphones and we had voices in and out and different kinds of voices."

One earpiece might sound one way while the other might sound another way.

"One meek, one rude," he said. "You had to function. You had to put a puzzle together or solve questions or you had to go through a routine. Just all sorts of things while you're listening to this.

"This one may be telling you you're worthless, this one may be making laughing noises or animal sounds. Or one may be telling you you're great, you're stupendous and this one is over here crying."

Said his assistant at the jail, Vicky White, "It's hard to concentrate on what you're supposed to be doing."

ETA: Originally posted by @citizen_sleuth in thread 1
Ew. That doesn’t necessarily sound completely safe.

I'm wondering if Vicky showing him any kind of compassion after being in prison was enough to make him feel some emotion towards her, maybe even love. I would imagine prison/jail is short on caring and compassionate workers and inmates. I don't know if it's really love, maybe more like desperation.
I think he saw an easy mark, and did what he was good at; manipulation. He was desperate to get out, and played her like a fiddle.

Just like Joyce Mitchell and David Sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms