Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This “ Sheriff “ , is the gift that keeps on giving… From his inaccuracies in each press conference, to his lackadaisical jail staff ,and their policies…
He's straight out of central casting. From this point forward, the only sheriff we should be listening to is the one in Indiana.

I'm tossed on this entire situation. She has everything, power in position, a comfortable life, approaching retirement and her next chapter. She's wise because of her career with inmates and promotions, well respected with LE and the community. He had nothing, she obviously connected with him and offered him an escape from his nothingness. He's actually more of victim in this than her, she planned the escape and enabled it to happen. I don't think he's totally innocent by any means but had she not lost her compass this would have never happened. This one is one her.
He has tried to escape before, and was supposedly known to befriend prison guards. He finally found a sympathetic one. Yes, as a position of authority she bears the blame. But it takes two. Anyway—we have zero clue on how all this started and how it all went down to even begin to pass judgement.

I shall retire early this evening but not before saying a prayer for VW's mother who will assuredly pass with a broken heart. As a mother whose heart aches, if it had been my daughter, just bury me on top of her for it would most assuredly kill me.

Sheryl McCollum said on TGs video this evening: "Look at the huge home where VW lived yet there was not one flower in sight." I wondered, what beauty did VW see in life that she'd willingly sell her home for half its value? And, not have one colorful, fragrant flower in sight. Perhaps she was obssessed with CW until he became her every thought.

None of this: endangering the lives of citizens in multiple states, etal, would have occurred if the Sheriff's Dept had followed proper protocol that fateful morning. That is part of the story I shall carry with me.

He's straight out of central casting. From this point forward, the only sheriff we should be listening to is the one in Indiana.
Don't get me started on Singleton...I'll catch a TO!
I shall retire early this evening but not before saying a prayer for VW's mother who will assuredly pass with a broken heart. As a mother whose heart aches, if it had been my daughter, just bury me on top of her for it would most assuredly kill me.

Sheryl McCollum said on TGs video this evening: "Look at the huge home where VW lived yet there was not one flower in sight." I wondered, what beauty did VW see in life that she'd willingly sell her home for half its value? And, not have one colorful, fragrant flower in sight. Perhaps she was obssessed with CW until he became her every thought.

None of this: endangering the lives of citizens in multiple states, etal, would have occurred if the Sheriff's Dept had followed proper protocol that fateful morning. That is part of the story I shall carry with me.
You put this so beautifully.

Sheriff Singleton said he would not be surprised if the Vicky White gunshot wound was actually not self inflicted.
He says there is no evidence to suggest that -- and he will wait on forensics -- but that it is "possible."

I wouldn’t necessarily write this off. There must be a reason he said that. <modsnip> Police might already be investigating any type of eyewitnesses or police dash cams plus the location of the injury plus whatever dominant hand she used.

Last edited by a moderator:
A psychosis simulation (which sounded bizarre based on the article) doesn't make a person mentally ill or cause disordered thoughts. None of us will know what she was thinking, but I think it's very unlikely she had a diagnosable mental health condition that made her do this. We know a lot about why people do things like this and usually it isn't an acute mental illness. I can say with about 99.99% confidence (as an expert in the field) that it has nothing to do with the psychosis simulation.

I assume it's similar to this example:

But yeah I agree, can't see how it could change her, unless we're talking about her outlook to inmates with MH issues.

Just throwing out a few random thoughts here. I am not up to (the minute) date on these events so please bear that in mind.

I don't think CW genuinely cared about VW. I am not in any way qualified to make a diagnosis, which in any case isn't an official diagnosis anyway, but I think he's a sociopath who cares for nothing but himself.

Without going into detail, my current circumstances enable me to easily imagine Vicky's mindset at the time of the escape as "the best years of my life are behind me, my life and career are going nowhere, I really wouldn't care that much if I were dead, and this man has provided me with the most life-affirming interactions that I've had in years, so I'm going to do it, even though I know I'll get caught at which time I'll just put an end to my own misery."

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: *I* would never take such an action but I can imagine it.

Not me.

@caradana I like your writing style, but have some fundamental difference of opinion on Vicky and her “great romance.”

I’ve had great love, and marriage, and children and grandchildren. I’ve also suffered terrible heartbreak and loss.

There is nothing, I can state unequivocally, that would induce me to do what Vicky did. Categorically, nothing. Although I’ve had the beauty of life I’ve also endured some of the most heart-wrenching experiences that others can’t even imagine.

Yet I would NEVER do what she did.

I’m sorry but I know myself and it’s true.
I like your writing style too, and your clarity of reason and rationality are admirable.

Just throwing out a few random thoughts here. I am not up to (the minute) date on these events so please bear that in mind.

I don't think CW genuinely cared about VW. I am not in any way qualified to make a diagnosis, which in any case isn't an official diagnosis anyway, but I think he's a sociopath who cares for nothing but himself.

Without going into detail, my current circumstances enable me to easily imagine Vicky's mindset at the time of the escape as "the best years of my life are behind me, my life and career are going nowhere, I really wouldn't care that much if I were dead, and this man has provided me with the most life-affirming interactions that I've had in years, so I'm going to do it, even though I know I'll get caught at which time I'll just put an end to my own misery."

Agree, I think he believed she was more use to him alive rather than dead and that's the sole reason he kept her around after she facilitated the escape.

Exactly right and perfectly stated. I can imagine it too, and feel immense gratitude that I’ve got what I can only describe as life preservers. I went scuba diving once way off the coast of the British Virgin Islands, and I saw these black holes on the ocean floor that dropped out hundreds of black feet below. I metaphorically understand the holes.

Not me.

@caradana I like your writing style, but have some fundamental difference of opinion on Vicky and her “great romance.”

I’ve had great love, and marriage, and children and grandchildren. I’ve also suffered terrible heartbreak and loss.

There is nothing, I can state unequivocally, that would induce me to do what Vicky did. Categorically, nothing. Although I’ve had the beauty of life I’ve also endured some of the most heart-wrenching experiences that others can’t even imagine.

Yet I would NEVER do what she did.

I’m sorry but I know myself and it’s true.
I agree, and I can unequivocally say that I will never be "One bad day away from Prison" or anything else like that.

Exactly right and perfectly stated. I can imagine it too, and feel immense gratitude that I’ve got what I can only describe as life preservers. I went scuba diving once way off the coast of the British Virgin Islands, and I saw these black holes on the ocean floor that dropped out hundreds of black feet below. I metaphorically understand the holes.

Thank you for understanding. I appreciate that.

Skimming over the posts I'm way behind on, I feel as if I'm seeing too much judge of Vicky and very little judge of Casey.

Wonder what she did with her stuff after selling her home? Surely she had some personal things she wanted to keep. Maybe there is a storage unit or things stored at her moms. How was she communicating with him during non working hours? Could they have been pen paling with her using an assumed name and fake address? Are they allowed to use email in prison? Would be interesting if they found something to shed some insight into what she was thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100