Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard it said that we are ALL just one bad decision away from jail or death. Sometimes I have to remind myself of that when I get too judgmental here. Sadly, VW's one very bad decision ultimately ended in her death. JMO
I truly wish that VW would have survived, even though she would have been spending the rest of her days in jail. I am sad that she's dead. I don't even know why. JMHO

Sheriff Singleton said he would not be surprised if the Vicky White gunshot wound was actually not self inflicted.
He says there is no evidence to suggest that -- and he will wait on forensics -- but that it is "possible."

This was what I was thinking however, there had to be something that made them come right out and say it was self inflicted. I don't have much faith in Singleton but I would think for it to be reported as self inflicted so quickly then it was. I too am waiting for the autopsy though.

I’m the opposite of you. I feel like part of me slightly identifies with her. I have a husband and children and I also prefer a low risk lifestyle so I’m not saying I would ever remotely find myself in her situation. Definitely wouldn’t work at a prison. But as far as not having a big circle of friends or feeling important or worthwhile… I feel like I am not in a position to judge her for feeling those things, if she felt them, having always been a little like that myself. The sheriff says that her coworkers are struggling to cope with her death. I hope they let her know how much they cared when she was alive.
I find that beautifully put by you and wish/hope they let her know too. You have a very rare and valuable insight into that.

I don't feel like she was sad (disturbed yes). I think she felt righteous and heroic. I have felt (and stated) from the very first thread that something happened to her thinking after the psychosis simulation exercise that she participated in, back in 2016 or 2017 as well as the ongoing conferences and programs she attended. I visited the website of the agency that held that conference and researched the topics they covered and articles in their library about inmate mental health. I think she went overboard with that advocacy and perhaps did not have the mentorship and foundation required to balance or process it correctly (as one would in, say, an academic setting), which resulted in her skewed thinking. Then she latched on to CW and incorrectly applied her narrowly acquired education and it became an obsession that grew to unreasonable proportions. All my own opinion and theory.
Coming back to your post because this would have been around the time she was promoted and she was known for expressing concern with helping inmates with individual problems or issues by trying to find resources for them.

These kinds of experiences (there are also tests & "evaluations") when conducted by lay persons without clinical or professional supervision can be harmful. Many such "tools" should be not used without a proper understanding of what they measure and how to understand the limitations & properly interpret the results.

Especially when used in a jail or prison, great care should be taken. I have been in academic and professional environments where such testing was misused or an attempt was made to misuse results.

Definitely something I will ponder re: Vicky.

Thank you for understanding. I appreciate that.

Skimming over the posts I'm way behind on, I feel as if I'm seeing too much judge of Vicky and very little judge of Casey.
In my opinion, it's because she held the power/key in this relationship. She was the one in the position of authority, who abused her position. He will be judged by his actions. She denied us justice for hers.

Agreed, there is too much romanticism surrounding this criminals story.
Clinically, she has been dead for awhile, however, there are protocols in place re: notification of next of kin.
It’s all about worldview. How meritorious is romanticism? It’s a personal values call. Some see straight justice as way over anything emotional. Some look at individual situations and essentially say: there but for the Grace of God go I. No one is wrong, we are all different, products of our worldview, and when we listen to hear each other we benefit for it. Individual values prioritizations.

That was my thought as well ie. they had a suicide pact if caught. And, I think if that were the cause, he intentionally just grazed himself while Vicky carried through….
Thinking more about it… if he was right handed and in the passenger seat, if his bullet grazed him, it could have hit her….? Especially because her seat would have been elevated to see the road plus the accident did who knows what to their posture and orientation in the car. I wonder how many gunshots were heard?

I believe "common law" wives/husbands exist.

JMVHO.
Due to a change in state law, Alabama will recognize common law marriages that began before January 1, 2017. Only ceremonial marriages occurring in the state will be recognized after that date.

This means Alabama now requires couples to get a marriage license and to have the marriage performed by a religious or civil officiant who has the legal authority to perform weddings.

Apparently not where they're from. IMO

In my opinion, it's because she held the power/key in this relationship. She was the one in the position of authority, who abused her position. He will be judged by his actions. She denied us justice for hers.
Yes, that was probably a huge part of the initial attraction. She felt safe in a relationship with someone who could not physically hurt her and could not surprise her.
Isn’t that sad? Ponder all women who correspond romantically with inmates, in whatever form it is. They are looking for safe relationships, so ironic. He can’t physically hurt them. He can’t show up and surprise or disappoint them. He can adore in a safe way - letters and calls - while they maintain control. I feel deeply for women who only feel safe like that.

Exactly. The world already knew what CW was—that can be taken for granted. But the betrayal of VW, betraying her family, her colleagues, the entire society she was part of, is shocking.

I was in the arena with a horse when a couple people mentioned they'd been found today. Took me a few more hours to pull up the news, and you could've knocked me over with a feather.

I didn't think they had much of a plan, but the fact that they had a hint of a plan and it was the absolute worst possible idea is still a bit of a surprise to me! Vicky shooting herself, Casey calling her his wife...all quite shocking to me, and I didn't think this case could shock me.

I definitely was NOT rooting for these two and gave neither much credit for being quick-witted, but as the days went by I thought they'd managed to hide out where they wouldn't be seen for a while. I could not have been more wrong.

Coming back to your post because this would have been around the time she was promoted and she was known for expressing concern with helping inmates with individual problems or issues by trying to find resources for them.

These kinds of experiences (there are also tests & "evaluations") when conducted by lay persons without clinical or professional supervision can be harmful. Many such "tools" should be not used without a proper understanding of what they measure and how to understand the limitations & properly interpret the results.

Especially when used in a jail or prison, great care should be taken. I have been in academic and professional environments where such testing was misused or an attempt was made to misuse results.

Definitely something I will ponder re: Vicky.
Exactly what I was getting at. Full understanding is so important. As behavioral health majors, we did not take psy 101.. We had a full year introduction in psy 130 and 131. Then developmental psychology, and only after that could we begin to study abnormal psychology. We also had a research methods course as well as statistics. Theses and papers were mentored and evaluated for comprehension and understanding. Research studies were approved and supervised by the department. There was a deep and wide foundation laid before any sort of practical application. Moo.

No, my understanding is that a spouse only has right on property, money brought in to the marriage subsequently. So sale of house doesnt figure.

i think that's the rule for dividing assets in divorce. The law of inheritance varies from state to state, but for the most part, in the absence of children and/or a will, a surviving spouse would inherit 100% of the deceased spouse's estate. If they did manage to marry legally somehow, CW might also have some claim on her pension and any life insurance proceeds, although those most likely already have a designated beneficiary. Of course, she could've designated CW the beneficiary on her life insurance--no need for him to be married to her to collect there if that's the case.

I was in the arena with a horse when a couple people mentioned they'd been found today. Took me a few more hours to pull up the news, and you could've knocked me over with a feather.

I didn't think they had much of a plan, but the fact that they had a hint of a plan and it was the absolute worst possible idea is still a bit of a surprise to me! Vicky shooting herself, Casey calling her his wife...all quite shocking to me, and I didn't think this case could shock me.

I definitely was NOT rooting for these two and gave neither much credit for being quick-witted, but as the days went by I thought they'd managed to hide out where they wouldn't be seen for a while. I could not have been more wrong.
Agree with Azure in that I am shocked they were not in some broken-into cabin way up in the Smokies, with him hunting and fishing and with $90K in $20s ready for the future. Evansville, Indiana with an abandoned car in a car wash bay? After all that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scroobius