Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, again with the wrong vehicle information. Photo clearly of a sedan (we know to be a Cadillac) on its side, but the text says they were in the Ford F150. Sheriff Misinformation strikes again...
What a mess. And in the audio does it say he still has finger on the trigger?? I'm going to listen again.

I'm wondering if Vicky showing him any kind of compassion after being in prison was enough to make him feel some emotion towards her, maybe even love. I would imagine prison/jail is short on caring and compassionate workers and inmates. I don't know if it's really love, maybe more like desperation.
If he cared for her, then it would make sense for him to call her his “wife” after watching her pull the trigger. If he wanted money, he could have claimed marriage later. “Wife” was one of the first things he said. My gut says he actually cared for her. After all, he could have killed her the second day and took off with her guns and the money, but he didn’t. Maybe that’s why Vicky trusted him. Maybe she could tell he really cared.

A psychosis simulation (which sounded bizarre based on the article) doesn't make a person mentally ill or cause disordered thoughts. None of us will know what she was thinking, but I think it's very unlikely she had a diagnosable mental health condition that made her do this. We know a lot about why people do things like this and usually it isn't an acute mental illness. I can say with about 99.99% confidence (as an expert in the field) that it has nothing to do with the psychosis simulation.
I didn't mean the simulation itself did it, I was thinking more along the lines of the haphazard administration and participation of a person who did not have sufficient background and education in the field resulted in a disordered/erroneous application of knowledge. Moo.

If he cared for her, then it would make sense for him to call her his “wife” after watching her pull the trigger. If he wanted money, he could have claimed marriage later. “Wife” was one of the first things he said. My gut says he actually cared for her. After all, he could have killed her the second day and took off with her guns and the money, but he didn’t. Maybe that’s why Vicky trusted him. Maybe she could tell he really cared.
Thank you for saying this. I feel as if he did care for her. I hope so.

Wow. That's wild. Dispatch alludes they have VW and CW on 911. "He shot himself. We could hear her on the line saying she had her finger on the trigger."
That IS wild! And he ends up with just a graze to the head and first thing he tells LE is “ she shot herself, I didn’t do it “.
Wonder if they had made a pact and each had guns to their own heads…. And he chickened out. ???
JMO

Sorry but I'm not buying that she is a victim.So what if she didn't have a great love of her life?I haven't and many women don't and survive without a man in their life.I'm sorry she is dead as I am for anyone who is dead but her behavior of letting a dangerous man on the street could have led to the death of many innocents.
Agreed, there is too much romanticism surrounding this criminals story.
Clinically, she has been dead for awhile, however, there are protocols in place re: notification of next of kin.

Strangely I'm not feeling much 'sadness' except for the effects on their families of course, but isn't that the case for all criminals? Tbh it's mostly relief no innocent people were hurt and they very well could've been. His ex that feared for her life because of him will probably sleep a whole lot easier tonight.

Trying to be objective, I don't for a second believe there would be the same almost sympathetic reactions to a middle-aged male prison guard aiding and abetting the escape of an inmate who was up for murder charges.
Indeed…

That IS wild! And he ends up with just a graze to the head and first thing he tells LE is “ she shot herself, I didn’t do it “.
Wonder if they had made a pact and each had guns to their own heads…. And he chickened out. ???
JMO
I wonder if his graze was caused by her bullet, or by him faking out his own suicide?

This situation is tragic and so weird, and could have been so easily avoided.

I thank God that Casey didn't kill his ex-girlfriend, or anyone else. I'm grateful there were no other casualties. I was worried for the general public. How glad am I that no one else was killed, or hurt, in the process (physically - the car theft is still abhorrent!)

There are about a thousand pieces that went into this situation to allow it to unfold the way it did, that I won't get into because it points out some questionable actions, or inactions, by LE and I don't want to catch a TO. But Vicky should not have been put in a position where she was allowed to have "alone time" with Casey or sneak him out. And Casey...what to say there? What a devil that man is...I feel like I'll just wonder what could've happened if in this strange case...and now, there's the loss of a life, of someone who shouldn't have died so young but who also did awful things, that we will never know the truth behind, because it's under lock and key at the mouth of a convicted murderer (IMOO). It's a complicated moral dilemma. I never wanted her to die, and it's tragic, but she released a murderer into society, and thank God no one else was hurt or dead. IDK. I hope her family finds peace. Especially her poor mother and pup.

VW actions were wrong, and had she survived, she absolutely should have been prosecuted to the full extent of the law and sent to prison for a very long time. But beyond that, I can't bring myself to to pass moral judgment on her as a human being. The fact that she made a terrible choice with life-altering consequences does not negate the fact that she had friends and family who cared about her and who will in all likelihood never get good answers to why she did what she did. I also doubt that there will be much of any estate left for her next-of-kin.

Regardless of what he called her shortly before she shot herself, it seems that he has a good argument claiming that she took him out of prison and more or less kidnapped him without his consent. There's nothing to suggest that didn't happen. He couldn't run from her because he was an escaped convict, described as armed and dangerous, who could very likely be shot by the first person to see him. It was safest for him to remain with her.

As for pension, I understand that she would not be eligible for her work pension due to criminal choices, but is there a State or federal pension that she automatically qualifies for? That is, if they were married, does he qualify for her state or federal pension?

Most definitely I’ve known people who refer to one another as husband and wife, though they’re not legally married .

However, IMO, if he ACTUALLY loved her he would never have allowed her to be put in a position where she ended up in a flipped car to begin with.

His affection for her, demonstrated by him calling her his “wife,” does not equate to the fact that Vicky is in a wrecked car with a self-inflicted gunshot wound that resulted in her suicide.

IMO if he LOVED her he would have prevented her from committing this jailbreak. He could’ve sacrificed his own freedom and just kept up the jailhouse conversation. Or talked her out of it, or refused to bolt from jail.

He’s been around the block. He knew it couldn’t end well.

I think he chose freedom for as long as he could get it, which amounted to 10 days on the run, and a destroyed “wife.” To me that’s selfishness, not love.

IMO
Arkay, I always enjoy reading your posts around the different forums.

CW was an extremely broken, flawed man with multiple psych labels.

When you say :"if he LOVED her, he would have". . . you're using your logic as a functional, educated woman. Your tools of navigating life would be like a foreign language to him especially when it demands you put yourself second so the one you love will have the best outcome. I don't think he was capable of processing a concept like that.

His tools for navigating his life would make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. His tools were his impulsiveness, manipulative lies to get what he wants, his disregard for laws, human life/suffering, kill or be killed mentality. Very, very damaged man.

"We did a simulation of what it's like to hear voices, like some mentally ill people have," Butler said. "We had to put on headphones and we had voices in and out and different kinds of voices."

One earpiece might sound one way while the other might sound another way.

"One meek, one rude," he said. "You had to function. You had to put a puzzle together or solve questions or you had to go through a routine. Just all sorts of things while you're listening to this.

"This one may be telling you you're worthless, this one may be making laughing noises or animal sounds. Or one may be telling you you're great, you're stupendous and this one is over here crying."

Said his assistant at the jail, Vicky White, "It's hard to concentrate on what you're supposed to be doing."

ETA: Originally posted by @citizen_sleuth in thread 1

I think VW was already empathetic to the incarcerated. Maybe, in her case, these lessons made her even more empathetic to the point that she eventually carried out these drastic actions?

Just musing...

I'm tossed on this entire situation. She has everything, power in position, a comfortable life, approaching retirement and her next chapter. She's wise because of her career with inmates and promotions, well respected with LE and the community. He had nothing, she obviously connected with him and offered him an escape from his nothingness. He's actually more of victim in this than her, she planned the escape and enabled it to happen. I don't think he's totally innocent by any means but had she not lost her compass this would have never happened. This one is one her.

I know she made a huge mistake. We could never know her inner thoughts.
My condolences to her family, especially her mother.
Every LE source had said Casey wanted to die by being shot by police.
He didn't go for that today.
I'm glad he's going to face the murder charges in June as scheduled.
I mean no offense whatsoever.
I'm sorry she died instead.
Chi
Thank You. I feel the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics