Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a resonant post. It interests me. I am a mother of three gorgeous daughters and I hope for more for them than a thrown away career and a romance with an inmate. That said … that mother watched her daughter nurse a terminally ill ex for years, live a life alone, and by her own account this daughter was all stoic. I think I could find some solace in the idea that my daughter felt and she made her last set of decisions, even if prematurely passed, even if her taste in men was atrocious, and even if it meant I was alone for longer and felt personal confusion. The idea that my daughter felt and made some autonomous choices toward the end I think might be enough to carry me out of despair. I post this inviting real discussion on this topic.
I can see how her mother might be slightly comforted by the thought of her sad daughter (if, in fact she was) snatching a few moments of love and excitement out of life and choosing how her life would end (she HAD to know, right?). Choosing how and when to die must be quite a feeling. I agree with none of her choices but, doing things on HER terms might have held appeal for her.

Last edited:
I think it would make me sad to think about how sad and disturbed she would have had to have been to make these decisions. So I’m not sure how comforting those thoughts would be. Plus as a parent you can’t help but wonder if you had parented batter maybe your child would have grown up happier or had better options.
I’m in total agreement with you there. Options are a sins and stones thing. I’ve had the means to give these girls of mine options. Let’s keep in mind that if we could rewind time one month, and read a bio of this woman prior to all this, we’d be respecting her fortitude in a 25+ year unblemished career around convicts in an area with less than zero economy, serving what is described as a maternal role for younger hires, in an environment where livable houses go for five digits and the media cannot find a friend to interview about her. Think about that - has anyone seen a friend of hers in the news? She didn’t have a circle of relatable women around her. I work in finance on Wall Street. I have women around me who would show up in a severe crisis, publicly and privately. Not seeing that for VW.

I think it would make me sad to think about how sad and disturbed she would have had to have been to make these decisions. So I’m not sure how comforting those thoughts would be. Plus as a parent you can’t help but wonder if you had parented batter maybe your child would have grown up happier or had better options.
Agree with all.
I think her mom is also going to suffer thinking of those 5 weeks they lived together, if only she’d picked up on something and she could have talked her out of it.

Such a resonant post. It interests me. I am a mother of three gorgeous daughters and I hope for more for them than a thrown away career and a romance with an inmate. That said … that mother watched her daughter nurse a terminally ill ex for years, live a life alone, and by her own account this daughter was all stoic. I think I could find some solace in the idea that my daughter felt and she made her last set of decisions, even if prematurely passed, even if her taste in men was atrocious, and even if it meant I was alone for longer and felt personal confusion. The idea that my daughter felt and made some autonomous choices toward the end I think might be enough to carry me out of despair. I post this inviting real discussion on this topic.
Yes. Vicky exercised her personal agency even if it wasn't completely rational or can ever be understood by other's. We can be thankful no innocent people were injured or died. I posted earlier that I thought she had a long-term plan in mind until today when I realized her only plan was to RUN. Why? What was she running from or to? Did she even consciously know why?

You have expressed a form of empathy that doesn't demand all the answers as to why. To honor someone's memory and their personal agency even when it causes us much grief is important.

MOO

We all have been captivated by this one, and probably some of us, secretly, wanted to keep seeing them evade LE.

Not me.

@caradana I like your writing style, but have some fundamental difference of opinion on Vicky and her “great romance.”

I’ve had great love, and marriage, and children and grandchildren. I’ve also suffered terrible heartbreak and loss.

There is nothing, I can state unequivocally, that would induce me to do what Vicky did. Categorically, nothing. Although I’ve had the beauty of life I’ve also endured some of the most heart-wrenching experiences that others can’t even imagine.

Yet I would NEVER do what she did.

I’m sorry but I know myself and it’s true.

Though we all here kept saying we hoped for an early capture....
We all have been captivated by this one, and probably some of us, secretly, wanted to keep seeing them evade LE. It is our voyeurism that has us in a state of grief. Sometimes the greater story is with the consumer of horrible crimes.
We will get over it, but for the moment, I think so many of us all feel sad.
I certainly feel sad. I know her Mom feels sad. Her former coworkers feel sad. And yes, I know she committed crimes. MOO

Right?! Oh, well, then, I guess she shot herself because Casey said she did. ???
Why would he shoot her, and not himself either (or too?). Personally, I don't doubt that she killed herself. Law enforcement in prison have it especially hard. Often in protective custody (solitary confinement 23 hours/day). She made no efforts to conceal that she was the one who liberated him from prison. She knew they had her dead to rights, and she'd never be free again. Lots of motivation for suicide, as far as I can see...

The marriage isn't legal until is it signed by the officiant and filed by the county clerk where they were married.

Even then, it has to fulfill the state requirements for legal marriage. I assume having a government-issued form of legal identification would also be needed to be accepted by the county clerk.
Maybe he considered her his "commonlaw wife"? They did have the same last name...

I know she made a huge mistake. We could never know her inner thoughts.
My condolences to her family, especially her mother.
Every LE source had said Casey wanted to die by being shot by police.
He didn't go for that today.
I'm glad he's going to face the murder charges in June as scheduled.
I mean no offense whatsoever.
I'm sorry she died instead.
Chi

Last edited:
Totally respect your statements and opinion here, but disagree. I'm a mother of three also. All three are grown and on their own with well paying career choices. I can't for one second imagine living through what VW's mother has lived through the last several days. Her whole life as she knew it is now turned on it's head and poof, GONE. The intimate details splashed on every news media website and newspaper. And we know more information will be coming. VW's mom has been living a nightmare the last few days and just recieved the most devastating news ever. Her daughter is no longer alive after throwing her life, savings, and career away on a man with a very bad history. A man she knew was bad. As a mom I imagine knowing these things would be heartbreaking. Almost unforgivable. If one of my children were to make these kinds of choices it would kill me. There would no way I could possibly wrap my brain around it and the questions I would have about why would haunt me until my death. I feel that what has happened the last several days and especially now with her death, VW's mom is going to really need a lot of support from the people who love her. Even without helping a violent felon escape and go on the run, just the way VW has died is enough to break any person. Especially a mother. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat