Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the reason for abandoning the truck?
I think they may have abandoned the truck because it was purchased under an alias that had already been made public by LE and they wanted to ditch it before LE figured it out or the person they bought it from figured it out and called LE. If not for that reason, in case the person who they bought it from at some point could identify them from the news and report it ot LE.

How did Casey get grazed by a bullet if she shot herself in the head?
At the risk of being too graphic, the shot did exit through the top of her head, according to the audio released. She is about 5'4. He is 6'9. It could have exited her and grazed his head, depending on their positioning, and the gun's position, when she shot herself. Depending on caliber, and type of bullet, hollow point vs full metal jacket, it could have exited with enough velocity to cause far more serious damage than a flesh wound to someone positioned next to her. JMO

Last edited:
The cars were moving too fast and there was enough tinting of the window to see who, for sure, was driving the Cadillac and who was the passenger. I've heard that Vicky was driving...and I've heard that Casey was driving.
In the video of them removing her from the vehicle it looks to me to be the passenger side.

Was he already sick when she started her plan? I don't think she planned it 2 years ago. I think their relationship progressed over those 2 years and while she witnessed him suffering and slowly dying, she started taking more risks and eventually threw everything away for what she thought would make her happy.

I agree. I don't think the escape plan was developed two years ago, although her more personal relationship with CW may have started then. I also think it developed over time, and with the passing of her ex-husband, things moved more quickly, or the time was ripe for CW to make his move on VW regarding discussing an escape plan when she was more vulnerable.

Last edited:
At the risk of being too graphic, the shot did exit through the top of her head, according to the audio released. She is about 5'4. He is 6'9. It could have exited her and grazed him, depending on their positioning when she shot herself. JMO
True. I read that early on. I assumed the gun was under her chin and the bullet went straight up and out. But I've also read she shot herself in the forehead. So just more conflicting reports.

In the video of VW being removed from the car you can hear CW say “is my wife ok” and then “please help my wife”. Whilst his history may show he’s incapable of truly loving someone I do think there was affection there. JMO
I feel so sorry for VW’s mum, her friends and colleagues. They must still care about her and be shocked and hurting trying to figure out the how and why of what’s she did.

Maybe. But I don’t think so. Dudes like this are very adept at using people for their own needs and using situations to bolster a narrative they want to create. They know how to game the system.

This guy has been able to manipulate prison staff previously in his earlier attempts to escape. And reportedly he did not show remorse about the fact that she had died. So, I’m not buying it. I think everything he does is an act.

My opinion is notwithstanding that there isn’t much that’s black and white in this world when it comes to humans. Even psychopaths can apparently have feelings at times. Thus, certain serial killers will demonstrate something close to shame about certain victims, whose faces they covered and/or refuse to talk about or admit to.

This will probably not be a popular opinion, and I am not saying that I necessarily subscribe to this opinion. Only speculating, based on observations, but I have seen nothing to suggest that CW and VW had any disagreements or regrets during their run from the law. Even at the end, when she put the gun to her head and pulled the trigger, it was preceeded by fear perhaps and the realization that it was over, but no audible regrets expressed, no blaming one another. Nothing. For all any of us knows, she may have romanticized the thought of being a 'bad girl' on the run with her fugitive bad guy, who she had sprung from jail in a show of love. Clearly, during the time they were on the run, he had multiple opportunities to kill her, or even to run away while she slept, but, for whatever reason, he didn't. Likewise, neither did she leave when she surely had opportunities. I cannot begin to understand what led her to do the things she did, and why she would just throw everything away for something she had to know could not have a happy ending, but she ultimately went out by her own hand, on her own terms, and it may have been, in her mind, the final act in what, for her, was 10 of the most exciting days of her otherwise mundane existence. JMO

I agree with almost everything you wrote above, except for the thought that this might have been the most exciting days of her existence. I doubt that is the case, IMO, but I do think that these days were very important to her, and perhaps to both of them. For better or worse, it is now apart of her life story, but not necessarily the defining one in everyone's eyes. It will be up to each of her loved ones and friends and colleagues to assess that and make their own decisions. Of course, the general public never will, but ultimately they don't matter with regard to this issue, now that the public safety issue is resolved.

I think they may have abandoned the truck because it was purchased under an alias that had already been made public by LE and they wanted to ditch it before LE figured it out or the person they bought it from figured it out and called LE. If not for that reason, in case the person who they bought it from at some point could identify them from the news and report it ot LE.
Thanks. So there were in fact reasons for their actions, but they acted in a panic.

So the day of the police chase, do you think they woke up that morning thinking they would complete the rest of their stay (they had 8 more nights paid up after staying 6) and moved on up toward the Canadian border with their tent and camping gear?

This will probably not be a popular opinion, and I am not saying that I necessarily subscribe to this opinion. Only speculating, based on observations, but I have seen nothing to suggest that CW and VW had any disagreements or regrets during their run from the law. Even at the end, when she put the gun to her head and pulled the trigger, it was preceeded by fear perhaps and the realization that it was over, but no audible regrets expressed, no blaming one another. Nothing. For all any of us knows, she may have romanticized the thought of being a 'bad girl' on the run with her fugitive bad guy, who she had sprung from jail in a show of love. Clearly, during the time they were on the run, he had multiple opportunities to kill her, or even to run away while she slept, but, for whatever reason, he didn't. Likewise, neither did she leave when she surely had opportunities. I cannot begin to understand what led her to do the things she did, and why she would just throw everything away for something she had to know could not have a happy ending, but she ultimately went out by her own hand, on her own terms, and it may have been, in her mind, the final act in what, for her, was 10 of the most exciting days of her otherwise mundane existence. JMO
I understand and can relate to much of what you say here, certainly.

I think for whatever reasons, she was a woman in love, and that basically explains why she threw it all away. For better or for worse.

Finally the first dispatch call , as I posted above , except this one has what they are saying.

Thanks for sharing, that broke down exactly when and how everything went down. The timing of this and the conversation of the 911 call was confusing to me. I’m not sure why I was so concerned with how and when she made the decision to do what she did. But from his interview it sounded like that had been her plan all along, even if her last words that we could hear didn’t sound that way.

Thanks. So there were in fact reasons for their actions, but they acted in a panic.

So the day of the police chase, do you think they woke up that morning thinking they would complete the rest of their stay (they had 8 more nights paid up after staying 6) and moved on up toward the Canadian border with their tent and camping gear?

According to Ashley Banfield's interview with Sheriff Wedding of Indiana (posted above from News Nation), the Sheriff said there was nothing of interest left at the motel, that everything was in their car, and that when they left the motel the day they were apprehended, they were not planning on returning to the motel.

Banfield followed up with the question as to why they would pay for 14 days and leave before then, and the Sheriff said something to the effect of "they were blowing money left and right, and why would they care if they paid for 14 days and left before then, for whatever reason they had decided to leave that day and time."

Last edited:
Imagine if they had stayed in the hotel, how long would LE wait to 'storm the room' as was stated by Brian Entin in that JB Live link posted above? Entin makes it sound like his team was also at the motel (not staying there but 'reporting.')
Could've resulted in their alleged desired shootout. But they decided to run for it.
It's so interesting to hear her voice in her last minutes.

Imagine if they had stayed in the hotel, how long would LE wait to 'storm the room' as was stated by Brian Entin in that JB Live link posted above? Entin makes it sound like his team was also at the motel (not staying there but 'reporting.')
Could've resulted in their alleged desired shootout. But they decided to run for it.
It's so interesting to hear her voice in her last minutes.

LE reported that they had them under surveillance at the motel until they left their room and got in the car, because they didn't want a shootout where others could be hurt. The Sheriff (Weddington) also said that they left their motel room for the next leg of their trip and weren't aware that they were under surveillance and that the chase to apprehend them was about to begin.

(my paraphrase of the Sheriff''s statements in response to questions posed to him by Ashley Banfield News Nation interview, posted above)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper