Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can one of you lovely sleuthers explain something to me. Why are they pressing extra charges on CW? He has 75 years doesn’t he? He’s never being released so why add more charges? Just wondering the rationale behind it?
Maybe because he inserted himself into the Connie Ridgeway case? I read he had originally been looked into as a suspect in her killing but it was not pursued (MOO).

Then he pleads guilty to it & is transferred to Lauderdale County jail in 2020. This year he changed his plea to not guilty due to mental disease & once again was sent from prison to the jail for the purpose of meeting with his lawyers/appearing in local court.(MOO)

Now the prosecution believes he knows info only the perp would know so adjudication continues.

This is just my speculation. IANAL. Maybe one of the attorneys can weigh in.

JMO

Last edited:
I have to respectfully disagree as the entire length of the call I believe is about seven minutes (I could be wrong maybe less though.) Regardless of the length of the audio it is understood that it was Vicky who called 9-11. She sadly originally called to tell them that the airbags were going to go off and that they both may be killed. Then horribly as every second went by the chase became more and more dangerous. So she tried all she could to tell the 9-11 dispatch to call off the chase. In those few minutes the situation was getting worst and Vicky realized that. Vicky didn't put the gun to herself for no reason she did it because she knew it was going to end badly no matter what. Before it could end she ended it herself to control her oucome. Casey had to tell dispatch that Vicky had her finger on the trigger. I'm sure in his mind he was also thinking if the chase would stop we will be safe. But as I said in an earlier it was too late.
The audio/video is about that long, but with respect, have you listened to it or watched the numerous videos of the chase?

It is NOT a seven minute call with 911. Vicky talks for a handful of seconds about the airbags going off, about running, about the hotel. After that, we don't hear from Vicky again. The rest of the tape is some dead air for a few minutes in which we can just hear sirens, then it's focused on LE and their efforts to remove Vicky, secure her gun, while Casey is being tackled by LE and handcuffed and led to the police vehicle.

The 911 part is just a few seconds long, in which 911 is identifying itself, but to which Vicky never responds. When she says "let's get out and run " for instance, she is certainly not asking 911 to go out and run with her.

I respect that we all have opinions, but facts are not our own. It is, again NOT a 7 minute 911 call in which Vicky pleads with 911, describes her situation, asks for help. Not that. I wish it had been and she hadn't killed herself.

Yes, 911 was contacted. If Vicky called or Onstar called, however the call was initiated, there was not a two- way conversation between 911 and VW or CW.

IMO but also facts of the call.

Yes..exactly. I think that's one reason I can't stop following this case, even though the manhunt is over.
There doesnt seem to be any closure. Waiting for one thing to be released to make this make sense. What was VW side of the story? We may never know. If it feels this way to us, imagine how those that knew a different VW must feel? Would be nice if LE stumbles upon one person, one letter, one anything to shed light on why VW did this. Wonder if she had a safety deposit box somewhere? Maybe a letter to her parents or something? Even if we never know, I hope there is one thing out there that will help her parents understand why VW did this. jmo.

The audio/video is about that long, but with respect, have you listened to it or watched the numerous videos of the chase?

It is NOT a seven minute call with 911. Vicky talks for a handful of seconds about the airbags going off, about running, about the hotel. After that, we don't hear from Vicky again. The rest of the tape is some dead air for a few minutes in which we can just hear sirens, then it's focused on LE and their efforts to remove Vicky, secure her gun, while Casey is being tackled by LE and handcuffed and led to the police vehicle.

The 911 part is just a few seconds long, in which 911 is identifying itself, but to which Vicky never responds. When she says "let's get out and run " for instance, she is certainly not asking 911 to go out and run with her.

I respect that we all have opinions, but facts are not our own. It is, again NOT a 7 minute 911 call in which Vicky pleads with 911, describes her situation, asks for help. Not that. I wish it had been and she hadn't killed herself.

Yes, 911 was contacted. If Vicky called or Onstar called, however the call was initiated, there was not a two- way conversation between 911 and VW or CW.

IMO but also facts of the call.
I agree with you...exactly the way I hear it. The part where someone keeps saying she has a gun In her hand is where LE are talking to each other. It matches word-for-word the video provided by LE when they were attempting to get VW out of the Cadillac.

When 911 operator answers, it pretty obvious neither CW or VW is responding to him.

@Lilibet I cannot thank you enough for the gift from you Lilibet ❤️❤️❤️

I could read it! Things have not been going well for me lately.

I have been sobbing for the last half hour with my Angel dog and then I come on for one last look at the thread before going to sleep and then I see what you posted to me.

Not a big baby but just going through some heartache things in my life right now.

It is so true that an act of kindness, no matter what it is, can truly raise the spirit of a person.

You touched my heart with your kindness Lilibet.

All of my thankfulness and Respect to you.
Personal…..so sorry you are enduring heart aches. My sincere thoughts

Yes..exactly. I think that's one reason I can't stop following this case, even though the manhunt is over.
Yes, I feel the same. The case is basically over, but I keep searching for some explanation of why she took it this far.

I can only think that for whatever reason, she was madly in love, because outside of that, there just isn’t any rational, sufficient motive for her to throw everything away — home, profession, reputation, $$$, pension, security, amenities, vehicle, family, dog, mother — and then shoot herself in the head.

People have said she needed “excitement” or a “thrill”, but in the 911 audio we can clearly hear that she is distressed, panicked and terrified— she is definitely not enjoying the situation.

So that leads me back to thinking she had to be madly in love, and that due to this, any and all rationality had left her.

Tennessee, resident Jackie Adams finds Vicky's SUV – with tinted windows and no tags – abandoned by her home. She reports the vehicle to the Williamson County Sheriff's Office, which has it towed.

At the end of this article is a very informative time line. I also didn’t know drones were used in the search

More info on CW's previous crimes:

Court records show he had dozens of arrests in the mid-2000s, when he was in his early 20s, though most were for nonviolent crimes and traffic citations – such as reckless driving and public intoxication.

In 2006, he was arrested on a domestic violence/harassment charge involving his mother.

[snip]

It wasn’t until early December 2015 that Casey White’s brushes with the law took a drastic turn.

In the early-morning hours of Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2015, he broke into a Limestone County home and stole two handguns.

Later that night, authorities said, he went to his ex-girlfriend’s house armed with those two stolen guns.

Casey White’s ex fled to a neighbor’s house, with Casey White firing multiple shots at her as she ran down the hall to escape. He then aimed his guns at two men who were inside the woman’s house.

The men, sheriff’s officials said at the time, jumped through a window and ran next door but a 911 caller told police two children were still in the house.

Casey White fired multiple gunshots in the house, killing a dog. The two children weren’t injured and were rescued by deputies after Casey White fled the home.

Just over an hour later, law enforcement received a second 911 call from a man saying Casey White had entered his house demanding money.

When the man said he didn’t have any, Casey White took his keys, a Ford Explorer and a 9mm pistol.

Casey White resurfaced about 30 minutes later at the Tennessee welcome center along Interstate 65, where he approached a woman sitting in her vehicle.

When she refused to open her car door, Casey White opened fire into the vehicle, shooting the woman in the arm. He then drove north to another interstate exit where he carjacked a Lincoln sedan at gunpoint.

Deputies spotted White in the stolen Lincoln as he drove back into Limestone County. When they tried to stop him, he fled south on U.S. 31 reaching speeds of over 100 miles per hour.

A standoff ensued after Casey White got the car stuck in a field.

[snip]

Four years later – in February 2019 - he was convicted of a total of nine charges, including trying to kill his ex-girlfriend and kidnapping her two roommates.

Other charges included first degree robbery, first degree burglary, third degree burglary, breaking and entering a vehicle, animal cruelty for shooting a dog and attempting to elude.

He also is still facing charges in Giles County, Tenn., from that 2015 incident.

Casey White was sentenced to 75 years in prison and was serving that sentence at William E. Donaldson Correctional Facility in Jefferson County.

[more at the link]

I wonder if those two kids that were in the house where the men jumped out the window are his kids.

From everything I have read VW was actually a loner but very likable. Lots of friends but no real social life. No card clubs, girl shopping, gardening etc. did she ever have parties? Everyone thought they knew her but didn’t. When your in love you want the whole world to know, she couldn’t tell a soul about CW. Just for example I have a dear friend that would do anything for me, BUT in the 40 years I have known her I have never been in her home! From the outside it is beautiful. She keeps her life a secret. How? Why? I’ll never know. So if I was interviewed about her I would have allot of nice things to say about her, BUT she could have deep hostile feelings that I never knew about. It’s always bothered me. We have vacationed on 2 week cruises etc. JMOO

It doesn't help that some of the many (and conflicting) media reports on this case have referred to him as a convicted murderer, even though that is a false statement as of now.

I don't recall which article I saw made this mistake, so MOO...
Yeah, that was driving me crazy. I just wanted to say: Facts, people, facts! He hasn’t been convicted!

I don't know whether the Daily Mail should be banned as news source. They do have incredible supporting images in their articles, probably because they are more of a tabloid than a newspaper, trading in scandal and salacious stories. I think they have a lot of money to dole out to eager individuals who want their 15 minutes of fame and the papparazzi who get paid big bucks for selling pictures of high profile individuals.

Even after four days of various LE officials verifying that CW was the driver, in this article the DM is stilll saying that Vicky was driving the Cadillac. Do people not notice that their information never gets updated or corrected? No wonder some people continue to claim information that has already been debunked.

From the videos, VW was disarmed, extracted from the crashed vehicle, and administered to in less than 7 minutes! It also appeared to me that LE was preparing to transport VW in a police cruiser.

I also think it's implied by that LE rendered aid when safe to do so (as evidenced by LE holding back the EMT from approaching the crash).

No complaints about the first responders here. :)

Totally agree, also surprised at how quickly LE was all around that vehicle. They put their lives in great danger protecting the public. LE did not know what the situation was inside the vehicle and they still went to the vehicle not knowing if they were going to be met with gun fire. They wouldn't have known how many guns were in the vehicle, who all had the guns, if there were guns pointed directly at them. If I remember correctly, the windows were tinted.

IMO, these officers deserve a medal. The finest.

Yes, I feel the same. The case is basically over, but I keep searching for some explanation of why she took it this far.

I can only think that for whatever reason, she was madly in love, because outside of that, there just isn’t any rational, sufficient motive for her to throw everything away — home, profession, reputation, $$$, pension, security, amenities, vehicle, family, dog, mother — and then shoot herself in the head.

People have said she needed “excitement” or a “thrill”, but in the 911 audio we can clearly hear that she is distressed, panicked and terrified— she is definitely not enjoying the situation.

So that leads me back to thinking she had to be madly in love, and that due to this, any and all rationality had left her.
This is what I think as well. In fact she may have thought so much of this guy that her final gift to him was arranging a few days of blissful freedom together even though she knew in advance she’d never allow it to result in her arrest. Something in her life was out of sync and possibly she was suffering from depression as well…how often does someone die by suicide and people close to them claim they seemed happy, no outward indications whatsoever, people are very good at compartmentalizing. I doubt very much there could ever be a logical rational for what was going in her head, and I hope the family will benefit from grief counselling. I‘m sure it makes it much more difficult for them when a departed loved one becomes the topic of indepth speculation.

Last edited:
I have to respectfully disagree as the entire length of the call I believe is about seven minutes (I could be wrong maybe less though.) Regardless of the length of the audio it is understood that it was Vicky who called 9-11. She sadly originally called to tell them that the airbags were going to go off and that they both may be killed. Then horribly as every second went by the chase became more and more dangerous. So she tried all she could to tell the 9-11 dispatch to call off the chase. In those few minutes the situation was getting worst and Vicky realized that. Vicky didn't put the gun to herself for no reason she did it because she knew it was going to end badly no matter what. Before it could end she ended it herself to control her oucome. Casey had to tell dispatch that Vicky had her finger on the trigger. I'm sure in his mind he was also thinking if the chase would stop we will be safe. But as I said in an earlier it was too late.

Have you ever seen those commercials on tv where people are driving and they get into an accident, a roll over or a blown tire, and a Voice comes over their speakers saying they've just gotten a report that airbags have deployed? In the commercial the Voice asks if the occupants are alright and tells them that help is on the way. That scenario is exactly what happened in this vehicle they were in. They were driving erratically and getting hit by US marshal vehicles and the very first time an airbag deployed that Voice came over their speakers. VW wasn't talking to the Voice, she was talking to Casey. I don't even know if the Voice registered with them, with all the chaos that was happening in the moment. She wasn't telling the Voice to stop the chase, she was telling Casey to stop the vehicle.

Bear with me on this:

Is it possible, while telling CW to stop (so they could run), VW was holding her weapon aiming it outward, and the force of the crash, as she pulled the trigger, re-oriented the weapon? Is it possible that the sound LE heard as CW put his hands out the window in surrender, was actually a  second shot, reflexive with VW's finger on the trigger?

IMO she was silenced during the crash.

She wanted CW to stop. Was she preparing for a shoot out, finger on the trigger? For me, the question remains, who did she intend to shoot?

Moot because ultimately IMO she was going to shoot herself before yielding to custody.

If there's anything even marginally atypical about the point of entry, I hope the coroner caught it and documented it.

Me, I'm just trying to reconcile the 31 seconds.

JMO

I got bored last night and started googling Joyce Mitchel, the seamstress and prison official convicted in the Clinton Correctional escape in 2015. Joyce lived to talk about the manipulation herself, and former inmates have also talked about what they saw going on with Joyce before the escape. Interactions with inmates etc. Too friendly, flirtatious, brought in donuts etc. I think Vicki was more professional, but she cared too much, many similarities between Vicki and Joyce. JMO

Attachments

• 513D0DD5-E221-47C2-BD6A-09FACE300110.jpeg
    513D0DD5-E221-47C2-BD6A-09FACE300110.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 25
This is what I think as well. In fact she may have thought so much of this guy that her final gift to him was arranging a few days of blissful freedom together even though she knew in advance she’d never allow it to result in her arrest. Something in her life was out of sync and possibly she was suffering from depression as well…how often does someone die by suicide and people close to them claim they seemed happy, no outward indications whatsoever, people are very good at compartmentalizing. I doubt very much there could ever be a logical rational for what was going in her head, and I hope the family will benefit from grief counselling. I‘m sure it makes it much more difficult for them when a departed loved one becomes the topic of indepth speculation.
Yes, perhaps even she herself had compartmentalized to a degree that she couldn’t grasp the depths of her own depression (I’ve heard people say that this was their own experience).

And then having “fallen in love” with Casey brought relief: Renewed interest, feeling alive again, etc., and it was such a healing balm that she would follow it at any cost and pursue it by any means necessary.

Yes, I hope especially for her mother, that there’s some victims advocate service where someone can perhaps visit her in the home and give grief counseling— because she is a major victim in this crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153