AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you look at the big picture, if DW and Danni were the only two people at the Shell station, and they left together at 11:24 to collect the phone, then DW disabled the GPS and Danni is voluntarily missing.

Furthermore, we know that police confiscated CCTV footage, meaning it's most likely crime scene footage, meaning disabling the GPS is the beginning of an incident that ended with Danni and her car vanishing.

Add to this that Danni had solid goals to gain custody of her daughter, and she was well on her way to achieving those goals in time to walk her daughter to school every day. She would also have a bedroom for her daughter, meaning sleepovers were in the near future. She did not voluntarily disappear.

Finally, DW's timeline will have been confirmed with homicide detectives.

Car 3 is someone who knew to disable the GPS before leaving the Shell station. That took roughly 15 minutes.

Here's a question - how long does it usually take a pro-carjacker to disable an OnStar GPS?

You don’t even have to be a pro. It’s in a fuse panel to the left of the steering wheel so, if I had to guess (I don’t drive a GM/Chevy), a screwdriver is all you’d need.

Been looking at jamming technology to see the latest in what is possible for criminals...here is one that can jam 6 frequencies. Its funny that the description seems to be targeting it to teachers and other places where you need quiet! Wonder how many teachers do this to keep kids off their phones! Have to survey some teachers to see its its a thing! Its unclear though whether these devices are legal to use. Not sure that makes a difference to car jackers! I've read reports of LE tracking blockers and making arrests. I'm not 100% sure but I think this model might be able to block a lojack. JAMMER gsm VODASAFE blocker 6Band 3G 4G Wifi brouilleur signal onde | eBay

Doubt a regular prison inmate could do this...unless thats whats they went to prison for of course. Also about pro carjackers, i do not think they are interested in the person driving the car. Thats just one more thing they need to try to cover up and maybe will get them caught.

If you have time here is a video showing how professionals do it. They are quick but this is what they do. Often they take requests from people on what kind of car they want and they will search until they find it and steal it.
Yes. Just checked and its possible to place an order for 2014 Chevy Cruze for $5000 bitcoin...multiple colors available.

What i mean is a professional car thief would of just followed her home that night and stole the car while she was sleeping. Why have another mess on your hands of having to deal with her as well.

Thank you, and that makes the most sense. If car thieves wanted her car, they would have taken it while she was sleeping.

The fact that she has vanished with her car suggests that she was the target, and someone wanted to make sure that she and her car disappear at the same time - seems like staging the crime.

The only reason I can think of for this is that someone wants everyone to believe that she left voluntarily. The would have been plausible except for DW, who had her phone and wanted to see it through.

The CCTV is unclear as to if anyone got in/out of cars. Per LE’s statement [to JDT] today, the GPS was not a LoJack; it is a fuse in a panel to the left of the steering wheel. This would probably be easy to remove.
Yes, this is easy to do. I tested the you tube video instructions for my car which has 2 integrated GPS systems and being clueless it took 10 min. A pro I'm sure would be a matter of minutes.

y
Thank you, and that makes the most sense. If car thieves wanted her car, they would have taken it while she was sleeping.

The fact that she has vanished with her car suggests that she was the target, and someone wanted to make sure that she and her car disappear at the same time - seems like staging the crime.

The only reason I can think of for this is that someone wants everyone to believe that she left voluntarily. The would have been plausible except for DW, who had her phone and wanted to see it through.

Exactly car and no body = foul play....no car no body can make one think she left on her own

You don’t even have to be a pro. It’s in a fuse panel to the left of the steering wheel so, if I had to guess (I don’t drive a GM/Chevy), a screwdriver is all you’d need.

Thank you! Do I understand correctly that the only system that was disabled at the Shell station was the built-in OnStar GPS?

Makes sense that it wouldn't take much to disable that system. It took Car 3 fifteen minutes to sort it out.

That is very helpful: so it definitely had a screen for GPS if it came with OnStar, and she would not have had a separate GPS like Garmin.

Not necessarily. The built-in GPS for safety is the same one that controls OnStar. It’s a fuse to the left of the steering wheel so a navigation display/screen isn’t necessarily required.

Thank you! Do I understand correctly that the only system that was disabled at the Shell station was the built-in OnStar GPS?

Makes sense that it wouldn't take much to disable that system. It took Car 3 fifteen minutes to sort it out.

Correct

my car has onstar
That is very helpful: so it definitely had a screen for GPS if it came with OnStar, and she would not have had a separate GPS like Garmin.

My car has onstar and doesnt have a navigation system. The onstar is built into the rear view mirror. I dont use it much but paying for it beats having to call pop a lock because i lock my keys in my car often.

So funny how we all think differently! I read the first part of your sentence and thought you were going to end with involuntarily!

Keep going back to could this all be a ruse? What are the chances of another car with ill intent pulling into a closed Shell when DNV happens to be there at that hour of night? I'm not a believer in coincidence. This is just too much of a coincidence IMO.

Car jackers want cars and not people. I think we have consensus around that idea. Taking people is whole different group of criminal. The criminals that take people also most likely don't want the car for the exact same reason the criminals taking cars don't want people! Evidence and something to dispose of which is messy, risky and time consuming.

Thanks. So are you saying that the dealer did not apply a tracking system to the car, or that they activated OnStar GPS?

It's been posted that the GPS was deactivated at the Shell station. The question is whether it was a factory GPS system or a Dealer LoJack. It sounds like it was not a Dealer LoJack. That means the factory installed GPS system was disabled at the Shell station?

According to the Owner’s Manual for the car, the factory GPS is the same one that powers OnStar. Per LE, the disabled system was the factory/OnStar system.

y

Exactly car and no body = foul play....no car no body can make one think she left on her own

If it had not been for her friend, the one who found her phone and turned it in to police on July 20, Danni's disappearance might have gone unnoticed as just another single woman with a new car who chose a new life.

Her apartment was cleared out and her things were tossed on the curb by police, her rent was unpaid on August 1 - only fourteen days after her disappearance , there was lots of cash in her apartment that was not used to pay the rent. No one would be the wiser if she simply vanished.

Although work reported her missing, they had no reason to follow up after notifying next of kin. Without DW, this would look like a woman who voluntarily vanished after voluntarily disabling GPS in her car.

What CCTV? There is only one still image of a video that has been circulated, and the timestamp is 11:07:23. That was before Car 3 arrived.

That’s what I’m talking about - that photo. It was magnified, analyzed & explained in this thread last night.

According to the Owner’s Manual for the car, the factory GPS is the same one that powers OnStar. Per LE, the disabled system was the factory/OnStar system.

Then why cant the dealership track the car. I would find it hard to think that the dealership didn't have some sort of tracker/killswitch. Where i'm from you miss one payment they killswitch it and come take it.

Ok let me clarify: when I say GPS, I mean a GPS navigation system where your car communicates with satellites to track your car on a map on a screen. That's what car dealers mean by in-dash GPS navigation as a perk or benefit for a car buyer. Either it has a screen so you can use the navigation, or you have to get a separate add-on after market navigation system like Garmin if you want GPS navigation. Here's an example from WalMart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Garmin-D...MI9pvF48HN3QIVicDACh1YHAmcEAQYASABEgITzPD_BwE

I don't mean a GPS homing device where someone else can track your car that's no benefit to the car purchaser, like a LoJack. That, I think, is a different issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member