AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone besides me thinking of the cell phone in this case, and drawing a comparison to the Ashley Barr case?

As in, do we really know how possession of the cell phone changed over time?

Wondering if the cell phone story we know at this point (options for possession/location over time to include DW location/s, Dublin parking lot, inside Dublin bar, Shell station, Police custody) will match the “cell tower ping” evidence collected by law enforcement.
I have questioned the cell phone missing for a while. And why did DW not take it to DNV's work as instructed by JDT? And DW seemed to know who was calling the phone? Was it not locked?

Otto - it's too odd, just bizarre - truth stranger than fiction
I can only assume/hope that LE has fully vetted DW, doesn't seem he is a POI, in fact the property searched had nothing to do with him, if not mistaken...?
I keep trying to come up with scenarios wherein DW would attest to what he did...
latest: lets say he & DNV were hanging out in his car...so, when he is leaving, she is following him because she thinks her phone is in his car - he sees her following thinking 'what the heck'...eventually pulls over - they look in his car, and for some reason he does indeed feel obliged to help her find it....he, maybe not feeling all that happy about circumstances, heads back to Dublins to help find it...he doesn't pay attention if she's following....
Eventually he's got it - he goes to Ollies, wondering where DNV is...however, I wonder why he didn't give the phone to DNV's friend (R...'something') to give to her....I'm assuming he may be not all that keen in explaining how he ended up with her phone and all that...he's a married guy with an infant afterall.....did he tell them he had her phone?
And after all this - he decides to go return a rental car. He was headed home at 11, it's now midnight after all these shenanigans and phone searching & driving hither & yon...it's midnight at Ollie's and he was there 'a few minutes' then left....so....what was up between then and his bee in the bonnet need to return that rental car....hmmmm?
Point of all this is I'm thinking he was fuzzy with truth because he was a bit naughty that night...could be only flirtation...but he regretted it. And then the girl ends up missing!
I can only assume LE has good reason for DW (presumably) to not be a POI....
It is still just too crazy....he pulls out of Shell to look for her phone from the goodness at the bottom of his heart..and one, two minutes later some car is there.....
why didn't DNV leave immediately?
Is it rational to assume that, she waits a minute or two, and in that time frame some abductor comes along...would have to be more than one person....and takes her away??
meanwhile DW says her headlights turned off - we KNOW he could not have seen her headlights....hmmmm
wonder what traffic is like @ there at 11:20 on a Tuesday....?
OKAY...
Time for a late dinner :)

Hi ellieuma!

These are all great questions! I’ll try to answer them to the best of my ability.

There is a Facebook group but I am unsure if I can post the name/link. Her last known location was at the Shell gas station in the 3500 block of Governmenr Blvd. She had taken a path in life that she was not satisfied with and was in the process of making positive life changes for both her and her young daughter. One of her goals was to purchase a car (which she did). To celebrate her purchase, she went out bar hopping that evening with friends RC, MK & RC’s friend DW. They had just left the first bar/restaurant, The Dublin, at 10:45pm. DNV was driving her new car, following DW when she realized she didn’t have her phone. She flashed her lights at him to get his attention and they pulled into the Shell station to look for it. According to surveillance footage, they arrived at the gas station at 11:05pm and at 11:07pm, one car left (Car 1), another pilled in at 11:08pm (Car 3), and at 11:24pm both Car 2 (DNV) and Car 3 leave. It is during the time spent at the gas station that the LoJack on her car is disabled, thus the last ping. They were supposed to be heading back to The Dublin to get her phone and then to Ollie’s Mediterranean Grill but Danniella did not make it to either location. DW says that she followed him out of the gas station and, somewhere along the way, took a different route.

No, the car had not been found. She is not originally from Mobile (She’s from Roswell, NM); I will confirm where she went to high school. She & JDT’s son, TT, has been in a relationship off & on for 6 years and had a daughter together. My understanding is that, due to DNV’s financial goals, she worked a lot of double shifts at PF Changs and spent time with her daughter when she wasn’t working. JDT has legal custody of DNV & TT’s daughter, at DNV’s request, as DNV has a strained relationship with her own family.

Hopefully this helps!

Are you an ANGEL?

I have questioned the cell phone missing for a while. And why did DW not take it to DNV's work as instructed by JDT? And DW seemed to know who was calling the phone? Was it not locked?

JDT says DNV had a passcode on the phone. The question is did he watch her unlock it at some point during the night & memorize her code? This would have given him access to it in the days that followed (since he didn’t turn it in to DNV’s employer as asked).

If the timeline is true:

DNV, DW, RC, and MK are at Dublin's. RC and MK go to Ollie's. Perhaps DW says he has to return his rental car at Pearl Motors. DNV is excited because it's her first night with her car and offers to go with him so he can drop off the car and she will bring him back to Ollies with his friends. They drive to Pearl Motors and before the Shell Station DNV realizes she doesn't have her phone. They turn off. What happens?

Possibility 1: DW drives off and DNV is carjacked at the Shell Station. DW is just not a very thoughtful person and when DNV doesn't meet him at Pearl Motors to drop off the rental car, he drives back to Ollies to see his friends. But why doesn't he call his friends and say DNV never showed up to the rental place? Why would he drive all the way back to Ollies alone from either the Shell Station or Pearl Motors just to say he was going home? Did DW not have his phone?

Possibility 2: RC and MK go to Ollies. DW says he wants to continue the party and arranges to pick up drugs. DNV goes with him and they meet the dealer at the Shell Station. DW set her up or something went wrong. Could DW be car 1, DNV car 2, unknown dealer car 3?

Possibility 3: DNV and DW were having an affair. DW is much older and well off - golf, professional sporting events, a management type job. Maybe DW was helping DNV by giving her money while she worked to save for her car. They pretend they don't know each other to friends and family, though they are Facebook friends. In one of JDT's posts in her group she said that LE told her DW told them more than he told JDT.

In all of these scenarios except carjacking, where is her car?

Alethea- lots to think about, could see these scenarios too
One thing: I understood that DW went from Shell station to Dublins, found her phone, when she didn't appear, went to Ollies, from there (though a bit of a time gap) dropped off rental car at 1 am
Assuming LE verified his timeline - so he didn't go from Shell station directly to Ollies
I'm assuming it is a fact he got her phone from Dublins
In which case if it is a fact, any scenario would have to have this trip back to Dublins to get her phone
All of said possibilities mean he was lying about why she was following him....which it seems he was
As of now I'd like to know what is verified fact
Did he get phone from Dublin's?
Assuming he went to Ollies, what did he tell his friends there @ DNV, did he say he had her phone? Why didn't he leave it there, with DNVs friend, especially as she might/presumably show up?
I want to know why he had to return a rental car at one am, & how he got home from there
Like to know if phone had passcode (which apparently it did) how this person, who I understand did not know DNV well if at all prior to this night, knew what it was...

One thing: I understood that DW went from Shell station to Dublins, found her phone, when she didn't appear, went to Ollies, from there (though a bit of a time gap) dropped off rental car at 1 am
Assuming LE verified his timeline - so he didn't go from Shell station directly to Ollies
In which case if it is a fact, any scenario would have to have this trip back to Dublins to get her phone
All of said possibilities mean he was lying about why she was following him....which it seems he was
Assuming he went to Ollies, what did he tell his friends there @ DNV, did he say he had her phone? Why didn't he leave it there, with DNVs friend, especially as she might/presumably show up?
I want to know why he had to return a rental car at one am, & how he got home from there
Like to know if phone had passcode (which apparently it did) how this person, who I understand did not know DNV well if at all prior to this night, knew what it was...

DW did get DNV’s phone from Dublin.

If he was sitting near her and saw her unlock it (for example, if it was a simple pattern on a Android or a 4 digit code on an iPhone, that would be easy to remember), that could be how he was able to gain access to the phone.

...and because the cell phone is still on my mind, and I haven’t seen an answer to the question, “how did DW know the phone number for DV’s MIL (to call her)?”

One possibility IMO = if DW got into the phone via the passcode, that would give access to prior calls, likely MIL’s number came up frequently in call history (DV calling DV’s daughter at MIL house).

Tried to read through all posts prior to this thread, admit I gave up about 30 pages into 1st thread ;)

Where did the information about rental car being returned to Pearl Motors come from? Pearl Motors sells used cars and so far as we have known to date the only reason they are part of the story was that DNV purchased car from Pearl. Some used car dealers also rent cars but that isn't listed as something Pearl does according to its website. Can anyone local answer any information about the rental car?

I just searched Hertz assuming it was a business rental and so a major car rental company vs smaller local firm. Hertz doesn't seem to offer 24/7 open locations for in person drop off but perhaps key drop off for approved customers was a possibility at 1 am? Not all locations off key drop off so additional research on this point would be needed. Given the known car theft issue in Mobile I would think that car companies would not want their vehicles left in an unlocked compound during the off hours JMO. Does anyone know which rental company was used?

How the rental car enters the DW timeline is also unclear. He is local so could have picked up a rental car for business entertaining or business trip in the area as a possibility. But where was his personal vehicle located? Why was he dropping off the rental car at 1 am? Originally I had thought he left his personal vehicle at Mobile Airport and so dropped off the rental car and returned the car at airport in order to pick up his car. But I am not sure this is correct as why then would he be driving around a rental car around Mobile that evening on the party train vs using his personal car and then returning the car at the airport at 1 am? Maybe the drop off location was not the airport?

If someone were to put something in her drink at Dublin’s how soon would she feel the effects of it? Do we know if she was for sure the one driving? Did she have a passenger in the car? If something was slipped in her drink and they wanted to get her out of Dublin’s quickly she could have dropped her phone and they didn’t realize it until after they left. If they gave her too much of something could it have made her sick in the car and that is why they pulled over or could it cause her to OD? I don’t know enough about that stuff tbh. This could make the people she’s with panic and disable the LoJack. I wouldn’t know where to even look for that let alone disable it... I keep going back to the fact she was happy and celebrating her new car. She was able to cross off a goal she achieved. She was getting her life on track. I personally don’t see her leaving voluntarily but possible.

My gut is telling me that she knew DW more then JDT and family is leading on.
If she met him that night, how was she already friends with him on fb? And not a recent/new friend.
I think there was more to that secret “friendship” then family wants to tell.

the more I read this thread, the more I get the feeling that DNV and DW might’ve been having an affair..maybe trying to hide from a jealous ex? TT? Didn’t JDT say they had recently come to the conclusion that they worked “better apart then together”...?
Browsing DW page, he doesn’t seem like the “ultimate family man” - I get more of a party guy vibe from him. Just my opinion

Also @cedgison forgive me but has it been clarified on what Danniella was turning her life around from?

I don’t want to say too much but it is known that TT has had a drug problem for years. Could DNV have been in on that also and wanted to clean herself up (I.e. the goals list) - did somebody not like that?

We don’t even know if DW was car #3.

Another theory is somebody DNV knew/was closed with had a debt(maybe a drug debt?), and DNV got stuck in the middle of it.. Totally plausible in my opinion.

Could JDC have seen her post about her new car on social media and decide to steal it from her? Maybe he pulled up at the shell station after following her, and because she knew him she was willing to get out of her car or roll the window down to say hi.

Thanks for this guidance.

But I hope you aren't suggesting that if someone happened to know a password or guess a password that this would then entitle them to access a personal SM account in the event that the person is missing? What would happen if someone sent a SM message to DVM now and they weren't aware that DVM is missing or that DVM is not in control of her SM accounts? To me this entire process of finding or guessing a password and then using that information to access an account that is not your own would be trespass and certainly invasion of personal privacy. I am not an attorney and I realize that litigation surrounding social media is evolving. But at its most basic level privacy is privacy and trespass is trespass even in social media.

It would seem that the correct course of action to anyone figuring out a password of a missing person would be to contact LE and then step away from the account. That doesn't appear to have happened here and that is deeply disturbing to me.

Unless the FB account were configured with details as to what would happen in the event of death and any of the involved individuals with presently accessing the SM accounts were so named in the legacy section of FB it doesn't seem correct that they would change the page, block individuals or alter the pages or content in any way. We don't know if we have a death in this case so how things get handled if someone goes missing is a bit unclear as the death related controls wouldn't apply. In the absence of clear guidance on this point I would think we would defer to how any SM account would be handled if the person were alive and with us today. If DNV were here today do we know if she shared her passwords with anyone or allows anyone to change her content or block her friends? I don't know. Does LE know? Or does it even matter?

But I would hope that LE shuts this current situation down with the DVM SM accounts as there is nobody here to speak for the victim, her legal rights and the privacy of her social media IMO and this is deeply disturbing not just for this case but for any of the missing cases that any of us might follow.

First it would be unusual for a 20 something to have the foresight to make any plans re her death.

Second not everyone would have criminal motives when accessing her SM accounts. And I haven read the SM TOS covering it. But her friends in fact might think they are being helpful.

Last, if that car is traceable st all with any black box or gps etc LE will eventually do it if they haven’t already.

And there is a VERY tiny possibility she had a plan to leave on her own. Her daughter was in the care and custody of her paternal family and she has her car. Do I think s this is the case NO, but LE will considering her history.

All and all very sad. I hope she’s found and found quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l