AL AL - Heaven Ross, 11, Northport, 19 Aug 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JOHNNY:

After trying to foist the biggest most horrendous tax increase on the good citizens of this state, that goodwill gesture is the LEAST he can do! Why so late in coming? And I am a Republican.......

Yeah the Proposed Tax Increase is getting National Attention ...so much so that other southern states are upset!

JOHNNY:

He lost the tax referendum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By two-thirds vote!

Questions remain unanswered in search for Heaven LaShae Ross
By Heather Henderson
Metro/State Editor
September 12, 2003

Many people search for a place called heaven.

Beth Lowery continues to search for a girl called Heaven. Lowery, mother of Heaven LaShae Ross, an 11-year-old Northport girl missing since Aug. 19, spoke out to "Shae" at a news conference last Friday.

http://www.cw.ua.edu/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/09/12/3f615ac218b7b

Great article with some really scary statistics, funny how they can vary so much from the National Missing children's?

Most abducted children are abducted within three blocks of there homes, within there safety zone.

It really bothers me that these links have NO PICTURE of the child or the mother? How are people supposed to get emotionally and intimately involved without face to face contact? 1) to recognize the child and 2) to promote empathy with the mother.

Why isn't this news national? This Mother's plea is very real and heartfelt. My heart and prayers go out for her daughter and her family. How tragic.

Bailey, that is a major pet peeve of mine with the media. 9 times out of 10 I follow a link posted to an article about one of these missing kids and there's no picture!! Its senseless, that's the most important thing!

BAILEY:

There have been MANY pictures of little Heaven in the Tuscaloosa News which is the local newspaper which serves Tuscaloosa and Northport (which is located right across the Black Warrior River from Tuscaloosa. The Black Warrior River divides the two cities).

I think that the student newspaper (the CRIMSON WHITE) of the University of Alabama has also carried her picture. There has been a lot of interest, locally there. People care.

More than likely, the Birmingham News, (the newspaper of Birmingham which is only around 60 miles away from Tuscaloosa/Northport), has also carried her photograph at some point in time.

Many have done their best to locate this child.

Police command center used in search for Shae Ross closes

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/...0030912&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=309120342&Ref=AR

Gov. Bob Riley authorized a $5,000 reward on Wednesday for information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone responsible for the disappearance of Shae.

“I am very pleased that Gov. Riley has issued the reward. Hopefully, this will prompt those with information about Shae’s disappearance and whereabouts to come forward so that she can be found and returned home safely to her family," Tuscaloosa County District Attorney Tommy Smith said in a press release announcing the reward.

Wonder why no thanks were given to Stan Pate who gave $50,000.00 and a local grocer who gave $5000.00 and another who gave $10,000.00. Not to mention the businesses who made donations....sounds like the Chief is doing a little political butt kissing!!

JOHNNY:

Don't know the answer to that one Johnny.....am not familiar with the politics of the chief. It's possible Riley was the latest person to donate and the others have already been recognized in the Tuscaloosa News.

Actually while we were in Alabama helping with the search the police were upset when Stan Pate donated the money for the reward. As far as any other thanks ...thanks hopefully aren't the reason Stan and the others made the donations.

JOHNNY:

Yep....fishy business going on....don't like it. Abnormal relationship with Thompson.

I don't remember who Mr. Pate is (we used to live there)....what business is he in and why would the police chief object to his donation?

Apparently he is very wealthy and owns several businesses and property, not sure what his main line of work is though.

Also he has contributed in at least one other missing persons case and while we were in Northport the police seemed upset that we had came down to volunteer as well. Probably more of the normal turf war thing.

JOHNNY:

There are so many millionaires who reside in the area you would be amazed!

The whole area is beautiful, as is the campus in Tuscaloosa. Love the river.

tthoman, I don't live in the local area so what good do those pictures do to those outside the area? What I am referring to is National coverage? Danielle Van Dam lived in San diego but I saw pictures of her everywhere all through the time she disappeared to the trial and conviction of her killer. Samantha Runnion was on our local news in NEW JERSEY time and time again even though she was abuducted in CA.

I guess if I was aware of the local sites I'd go there but was wondering why there isn't more coverage of her picture elsewhere. It's not just this case its alot of cased.

I agree with Mindy's it is so frustrating to see a write up of missing child and be on the lookout but no picture? Whos' to say these children are even in the area any more.

And one more thing...I AGREE THIS STEP DAD IS SUSPICIOUS! Taking her out of school to go joy riding? Preferring the urban areas...spending a couple days a week with him and him alone? He had an UNUSUAL connection with her too? That is Pedaphile material all over it. Had to have her by her side all the time.

Please let this mother do her homework on this guy. The fact she has been with him so long tells me if he is the one responsible..how tragic this mother knew nothing?

BAILEY:

You're right........it reeks of big time child abuse, sexual as well as other. The police probably suspected him from the beginning.

I'm not saying it's plausible or not but ... Shae left the house shortly after seven, the boyfriend came to the bus stop to give them a ride. I don't know what time that was, but it would presumedly be before 8:00. Our school starts at 7:50.

What would he, or could he have done during that time, where was she? Maybe in the trunk? What scenarios could be in play here? I know we all like to brainstorm.

Why would he call attention to the fact that she was missing that early in the day. He could have had all day to do whatever and cover it up and then report her missing after school and then find out she never made it to class, etc.

At this point, I just don't see him doing it. The window of opportunity was so small.

If she grew up thinking of him as a father and he raised her like a daughter, they would spend a lot of time together and it wouldn't be odd. The only thing that I think even could make it look funny is that she is missing. I'd like to know about his relationship with her older sister. The family spoke about him spending time with Shae, riding with her, etc. trying to shed a good light on him. You just never know how something will sound until it's said. Also, it said that they spent the days during the week with his family. That would be ok wouldn't it. Well I guess it depends on the family ... his mama, neices and nephews, etc. sure ... just his brothers, nephews, etc. well, maybe not so sure. See what I mean, it just really could go either way.

Ok, enough rambling, I don't even know where I was going with this. Just random thoughts I guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back