AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I know you weren't criticizing them. I just wanted to give you a little more insight on the timeline so it would make a little more sense to you ��
The media has really ran this case in the mid with incorrect information. Something as small as mixing up headland & Haleburg is a big issue because this is an unsolved murder. It's imperative that those investigating and whoever else, knows facts and not hearsay information.

You're right, we've gone through a thousand scenarios trying to explain things that either didn't happen at all or did happen, but are insignificant to the crime.

At this point, I feel like all I know is this:

J.B. and Tracie set off in J.B.'s car.

Tracie calls her mother from Big Little.

OPD finds the car.

OPD finds J.B. and Tracie.

Are we sure this DNA exists? Like, in regard to this case and in reality?

Well it was found much later but it is suppose to be legit. I am not convinced it was related yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If I could ever get my dang photos to load on here I would like to share. Leaving the store going to 231 they could have very easily of taken 123 instead. 123 is about halfway to 231. It is late at night and coming up to this intersection they would have seen a sign that said 231 south and at the very top of that sign it says "business". 123 is business 231. Check it out in Google earth and go to street view. If they would have taken that road within a mile or so they would have been nearing the hospital and Herring Rd. If the party the Michigan was at was near 123 or the hospital that would put the girls and him in the same area at the same time. Same thing can be said of Eutsey too because the public housing is right behind the hospital. Basically they would have driven in an L or U and would have been there. Two girls take the wrong road, run across the guy leaving a party maybe walking down the street. J.B. cracks her window and asks where 231 is and he pulls a gun and takes control. Drives to a location and does whatever he does, then drives back to Herring parks car and walks back to party location. And the cops are horribly inept. Now that scenario i can see. Check it out in street view and you will see the sign.

***except DNA doesn't match. I am confused about one thing. The reports were DNA was found on her bra, panties, and skin....how did this come out 2 months after the murder and funeral? Did they swab her everywhere to see if it was on skin? Did they use one of those lights that picks up semen? If so, why two months before it is revealed? They would have known rather quickly there was a sexual component to the murders.

Well it was found much later but it is suppose to be legit. I am not convinced it was related yet.

Yeah. The "found later" thing has been kicking around in my head. If I recall correctly, found later and they were surprised to find it.

Let me begin by saying, everyone is having a difficult time reconciling this evidence with reality. Well, except Spivey who believes it indicates a sexual motive behind the crime. He has more evidence than me, to be sure, but it kind of looks like a crime without a clear motive.

However, the DNA so far matches no one. So, either we have a unique type of sexual predator who has no DNA on file to match (for whatever reason, never left additional DNA or never reoffended or whatever).

Or we have a consensual sexual encounter that occurred somehow in this very crowded night, and somehow no one has ever figured out who on earth it could be. I really think this gets proposed just to account for the problems with the DNA. It's not impossible, but given most known scenarios have J.B. and Tracie just driving around Alabama ... More farfetched than it seems like it would be.

Think of the other clues that were difficult to reconcile like the driver's license (proves to be a non issue) and the "getting lost in Ozark while trying to get to Headland" (proves to be triple plus wrong); I can't help questioning the veracity and origin of it.

But, say it is there, I am wondering about cross contamination during examination. The shell casing was sent to the wrong place and poofed out of existence. The car was released to the insurance company when that wasn't supposed to happen. So, that's how things were handled.

Then there's the fact something could have happened in between removal from the crime scene and the surprise discovery. Sadly, sadly, things like that do happen. And it would explain why nothing matches it. :(

Yeah. The "found later" thing has been kicking around in my head. If I recall correctly, found later and they were surprised to find it.

Let me begin by saying, everyone is having a difficult time reconciling this evidence with reality. Well, except Spivey who believes it indicates a sexual motive behind the crime. He has more evidence than me, to be sure, but it kind of looks like a crime without a clear motive.

However, the DNA so far matches no one. So, either we have a unique type of sexual predator who has no DNA on file to match (for whatever reason, never left additional DNA or never reoffended or whatever).

Or we have a consensual sexual encounter that occurred somehow in this very crowded night, and somehow no one has ever figured out who on earth it could be. I really think this gets proposed just to account for the problems with the DNA. It's not impossible, but given most known scenarios have J.B. and Tracie just driving around Alabama ... More farfetched than it seems like it would be.

Think of the other clues that were difficult to reconcile like the driver's license (proves to be a non issue) and the "getting lost in Ozark while trying to get to Headland" (proves to be triple plus wrong); I can't help questioning the veracity and origin of it.

But, say it is there, I am wondering about cross contamination during examination. The shell casing was sent to the wrong place and poofed out of existence. The car was released to the insurance company when that wasn't supposed to happen. So, that's how things were handled.

Then there's the fact something could have happened in between removal from the crime scene and the surprise discovery. Sadly, sadly, things like that do happen. And it would explain why nothing matches it. :(

Very good analysis December. I going from memory, but wasn't the semen found at the State Lab or by the Medical Examiner? I don't believe LE was aware of it until they were told by the Examiner.

The lack of an apparent motive has kept us all guessing and "chasing our tails." I have always felt that the murders were not sexually motivated. I agree something was done sexually to at least Beasley, but it was not the primary motive. I think the killer is/was a local and his motive was local drama that most of us are not aware of. Obviously, this is MOO.

Jacqui,if I could ask two more questions, it would be greatly appreciated.
1) The two shirtless white dudes. Was it Bookie who mentioned them or someone else? Was this lead followed up on to your knowledge?

2) To your knowledge, and please only answer this if you feel comfortable, could there have been a consensual partner with regards to the DNA? Any boyfriends, old boyfriends etc...

JB mentioned them to bookie when she ran into him at the Citgo. She said they scared her. As far as I know it was looked into. Her ex boyfriends were supposed to be DNA tested. Have they though? I do not know. Because the results came back such a long time after the autopsy, it leads me to believe the semen on her clothes is not true.

JB mentioned them to bookie when she ran into him at the Citgo. She said they scared her. As far as I know it was looked into. Her ex boyfriends were supposed to be DNA tested. Have they though? I do not know. Because the results came back such a long time after the autopsy, it leads me to believe the semen on her clothes is not true.

I have a hard time believing it as well. The location throws me off as well as the timing of the discovery. It doesn't seem plausible to me. Semen on panties and bra but no forceable rape. Seems more like her under garments were stored together and there was some kind of incidental contact or other form of contamination, or possibly a mix up of undergarments all together.

Very good analysis December. I going from memory, but wasn't the semen found at the State Lab or by the Medical Examiner? I don't believe LE was aware of it until they were told by the Examiner.

The lack of an apparent motive has kept us all guessing and "chasing our tails." I have always felt that the murders were not sexually motivated. I agree something was done sexually to at least Beasley, but it was not the primary motive. I think the killer is/was a local and his motive was local drama that most of us are not aware of. Obviously, this is MOO.

Thank you. I was kind of worried I was going off in left field.

I am worried about the DNA having eliminated a certain individual. I am extremely suspicious of individuals who brag they killed someone and then flounce to another state. It's going to take more than something on a bra to convince me not to be suspicious.

I don't know who found the DNA. I also thought it was more on her clothes than her. There's always the possibility something happened to the clothes, not to J.B.

I agree about the local drama. Or well, I see that as one of the scenarios that makes sense.

There is a piece of the puzzle we don't quite have (we meaning anyone looking for the truth).

Do we know if the car was completely out of gas or just "on empty" as far as the gauge was concerned?

This is the first I have heard of the shirtless guys or anything about J.B. telling someone she was afraid.

A long time ago, there was speculation that maybe someone followed her. But, at that time, we thought she was driving a meandering path (false narrative of being lost). Now, that we know she was going a specific place and mentioned this at the Citgo AND talked to someone about the best way to get there...

Okay this is just a random thought that I have mulled over in the past. I've dated enough women in been married long enough before to know that bras aren't necessarily washed is often as other items. Therefore the DNA on the bra could have been from a week prior? Any of the females agree with this possibility? Or at the very latest it could have been from the previous day. This might help explain while there was no evidence of sexual activity to correspond with the DNA.

I agree, but wasn't the DNA found in more places than just her bra? If just the bra, you could be on to something.

I'm not certain and I'm not where I can go back and start researching.

"More than two months after the crime, a stunning revelation came from state forensics examiners: They found semen on J.B. Beasley’s bra, panties, and skin. Authorities consider this discovery the key to the unsolved murders.". From first thread, post #9. Source links are in the thread but several are broken.

Panties is pretty vague. There are several locations on the panties themselves that could mean the difference in sex previously or no sex at all and something done by the perpetrator. I don't feel the need to go into detail on that but you get the jest

The two shirtless dudes...In his video, Bookey mentioned that he did not remember anything about that. Now I know it was a long time ago, but he seems like an intelligent person who remembered a lot of other details (the map, JB's phone conversation, the directions he gave the girls to Midland City...) It seems like a detail (the girls feeling threatened the night they were murdered) that one would not forget.

Jacqui, do you remember who told you that Bookey said that? If it was the police, then it seems that they and Bookey are in disagreement about that detail (Could be he just forgot- but that seems really odd to me given the circumstances.) It just seems too coincidental that the girls were followed, pinned in, and felt threatened on the same night they were murdered.

The two shirtless dudes...In his video, Bookey mentioned that he did not remember anything about that. Now I know it was a long time ago, but he seems like an intelligent person who remembered a lot of other details (the map, JB's phone conversation, the directions he gave the girls to Midland City...) It seems like a detail (the girls feeling threatened the night they were murdered) that one would not forget.

Jacqui, do you remember who told you that Bookey said that? If it was the police, then it seems that they and Bookey are in disagreement about that detail (Could be he just forgot- but that seems really odd to me given the circumstances.) It just seems too coincidental that the girls were followed, pinned in, and felt threatened on the same night they were murdered.

In what video did Bookie mention he doesn't remember that detail? The youtube video I posted he doesn't say anything about it. Is there another video?

This is a pretty significant piece of information. Maybe the MOST significant of anything we have heard. Its important those investigating get this right. JMO

In what video did Bookie mention he doesn't remember that detail? The youtube video I posted he doesn't say anything about it. Is there another video?

This is a pretty significant piece of information. Maybe the MOST significant of anything we have heard. Its important those investigating get this right. JMO

I didn't take the time to go back and watch it, but I believe it was in the video of Jacqui when she was interviewed by the HCR. I think she said that Bookie told That story. Perhaps that is where the confusion is?

He does mention it in the video, you just have to listen closely. In her video she speaks of the shirtless guy's and then of the guy's following them as if they are two different sets. She might not have meant to but that's the way I took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018