AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Big/Little store management also manage the old Video Rental place? Didn’t JWB try and rent the camera footage outside the B/L store?

Rumors or truth? Seems odd.
TJ: With respects, since LR1 appearing more knowledgeable about "videos", we respectfully defer you to LR1 for your answer. We have accomplished our [videos] goal fitting into the timeline and subsequent events, thus moving forward to 3:00 a.m. witness, and vehicles. Trust your understanding, thanks.

I've had a line on some suspicious vehicles, and vehicles of interest. Seeing if anyone knows anything about vehicles in particular? If you don't feel comfortable sharing publicly, please PM me
What physical evidence at crime scene provided the most long lasting opportunities for obtaining further/future various types of evidences, especially DNA?

What physical evidence at crime scene provided the most long lasting opportunities for obtaining further/future various types of evidences, especially DNA?

The physical evidence that has been discussed in the media include the following:

semen (on the body of JB- recovered by ABI sometime after murders- not immediately) No match found according to LE

palm print- reported to be where someone shut the trunk lid.

fingerprints- JB's sister says there were many sets of fingerprints which were never matched or identified.

Shell casings- One discovered resting on JB's leg in trunk; One unspent 9mm shell found on 123 where a woman reported shots and screams months after the killings.

Dirt on car- Police were attempting to match it to an area, but results were never released.

To me, the DNA, palm print, and fingerprints are the most valuable evidentiary items. (Especially that palm print.)

One Year
Troy Messenger July 30, 2000 12:00 a.m., Staff
"One year ago, A father remembers"

Eight Years
W.S.F.A. Television, Montgomery; Reporter Bryan Henry
"...… have put in countless hours and invested nearly a million dollars in the case." Ozark Police Chief Spivey

Ten Years
W.T.V.Y. Television, Dothan; Reporter Vanessa Araiza
"After 10 years, Chief Spivey says he continues to get asked the question of how long this case will continue. One of the main questions answered is the motive in all of this."

Twelve Years
Sunday 7-31-2011 10:24 P.M., Reporter Deanna Bettineschi
"We've spoken with forensics lab, and one of the things we're looking into doing is some new forensic testing. Police Chief Tony Spivey said." [NOTEWORTHY OPINION; WHAT ABOUT 9mm SHELL CASING, VARIOUS SOIL SAMPLES, TIRE THREAD, SHELL DIDN'T EXIT MS. HAWLETT'S HEAD WOUND, ETC; WHAT OF THOSE STATS, WHY NOT HAVE UTILILIZED THE EXPERTISE

Fifteen Years
July 24, 2014 4:40 P.M. RSN
"... unsure of motive." Police chief Tony spivey

Seventeen Years
W.S.F.A. Television, Montgomery; Reporter Theo Travers
"I promised Tracie when she was laying in that casket that if it took my last breath, I'm going to do all I can to find who did it and I aim to keep that promise."

Eighteen Years
Dothan Eagle Newspaper, Reporter Michelle Forehand
"Patti Simpson, They had their whole life in front of them and it was taken away. They deserve justice."
"According to Carol Roberts, Tracie 's mother, ".... I know someone knows something and I hope and pray someone will come forward."
"Former Police Chief Tony Spivey, "solving this case is something I hoped would happen before I retired, but it did not work out that way."
"Current Police Chief Marlos Walker, "I think it's time the truth came out."

The physical evidence that has been discussed in the media include the following:

semen (on the body of JB- recovered by ABI sometime after murders- not immediately) No match found according to LE

palm print- reported to be where someone shut the trunk lid.

fingerprints- JB's sister says there were many sets of fingerprints which were never matched or identified.

Shell casings- One discovered resting on JB's leg in trunk; One unspent 9mm shell found on 123 where a woman reported shots and screams months after the killings.

Dirt on car- Police were attempting to match it to an area, but results were never released.

To me, the DNA, palm print, and fingerprints are the most valuable evidentiary items. (Especially that palm print.)

Oh, agreed. Sometimes, if preserved well, palm or finger prints can yield DNA. So could the casings. I want to know the source of the semen. If it was an encounter with a boyfriend/etc, so be it...let's see who that person is, and rule him out.

I have also heard there was mud/dirt on the car. Police have not released much in the way of anything, so who knows what they did or didn't do. One thing is for sure, the case was mishandled at the beginning, so how much of the investigation is good?

Morf 13 and Bulldog 23: Thank you for responses; "further/future various types", Ms. Beasley's black 4dr Mazda 929! When was las time you saw vehicle/talk of it?

TBL,
Jacqui Burgoon said it the Mazda was released to the insurance company not long after the murders. She said the police said they had everything they needed and released the car.
Bulldog23: Thanks, response coming back to you; in the interim; are you aware, is it a matter of public knowledge who the 3:00 a.m. witness to Ms. Beasley's vehicle is?

There are not any reservations that Ms. Bargoon has reason to believe your comment, but factually the answer is NO! Disregard the 3 o'clock, taken care of, but thanks for your interest in Ms. Beasley and Ms. Hawlett's cases.

TBL knows this but on November 6th a a very cunning/smart person will have significantly more power throughout the United States.

This person is already the head of two major subcommittees that effect everyone in the country. They will have zero problems ruffling feathers. Also happen to have a sweet spot for small town Southern kids since they grew up as one.
TJ: See you inside the Beltway on the mall.:)

TBL,
Jacqui Burgoon said it the Mazda was released to the insurance company not long after the murders. She said the police said they had everything they needed and released the car.

Bulldog23: Follow-up regarding disposal of 929. Tragedy 8-1-1999, this vehicle was in someone's possession for 4 years, 9 months, and 22 days before an Alabama Certificate of Salvage Title was issued: Salvage Title; "..a vehicle damaged to the extent that the cost of repairing exceeds approximately 75% of pre-damaged value. ….. the majority use of this title to indicate that a vehicle is not road worthy and cannot be titled again in that state." Obviously not the situation, when only structural damage would have been caused by the exiting bullet hole in vehicle's trunk. BEGS FOR ANSWER; AS TO , WHOSE
IN AND OUT CUSODY CHAIN OF EVIDENCE SIGNATURES, SINCE CASES REQUIRED BY LAW REMAIN OPEN, ALL EVIDENCES/RECORDS MAINTAINED;​
AND UNTO VEHICLE RELEASED,
MS. BARGOON MAY WANT TO MAKE AN INQUIRY. Maybe this will go towards helping you somewhat.

Was the 3am witness Ms Lawson?

Islands: Thank you for your interest too in Ms. Beasley's and Ms. Hawlett's cases; not to be premature at this time as to a definite response, but appears attempts to confirm/not may have been a police officer; there was a mentioning longtime ago about a officer calling into to police
station and reporting, "I don't know why I'm bothering you", the sergeant said, "but something about this feels funny." Being that late at night, on a dark roadway; visibility limited if only viewed by spotlighting from rolling by, dependent on direction traveling; if northbound, less likely to have felt heat of cooling down engine, to far away from seeing personal items in depth interior of vehicle; and drainages of blood thru trunk's floor exit hole had yet to sustain a constant flow, after high speed travel to scene causing extensive blow-by underneath/backwards towards rear bumper/area, enough afterwards allowing to be made an obvious accumulation upon the ground by later A.M. Hope this info helps with your having a better understanding.

Oh, agreed. Sometimes, if preserved well, palm or finger prints can yield DNA. So could the casings. I want to know the source of the semen. If it was an encounter with a boyfriend/etc, so be it...let's see who that person is, and rule him out.

I have also heard there was mud/dirt on the car. Police have not released much in the way of anything, so who knows what they did or didn't do. One thing is for sure, the case was mishandled at the beginning, so how much of the investigation is good?

Recalling from this rustic memory of mine :D... believe the mud was analyzed however their findings were not released all thou I want to say that it was being compared to a specific area. If this is incorrect please correct me ... :oops:

Islands: Thank you for your interest too in Ms. Beasley's and Ms. Hawlett's cases; not to be premature at this time as to a definite response, but appears attempts to confirm/not may have been a police officer; there was a mentioning longtime ago about a officer calling into to police
station and reporting, "I don't know why I'm bothering you", the sergeant said, "but something about this feels funny." Being that late at night, on a dark roadway; visibility limited if only viewed by spotlighting from rolling by, dependent on direction traveling; if northbound, less likely to have felt heat of cooling down engine, to far away from seeing personal items in depth interior of vehicle; and drainages of blood thru trunk's floor exit hole had yet to sustain a constant flow, after high speed travel to scene causing extensive blow-by underneath/backwards towards rear bumper/area, enough afterwards allowing to be made an obvious accumulation upon the ground by later A.M. Hope this info helps with your having a better understanding.

Islands: Follow-up to your inquiry. In seeking out truths and facts, many times require pursuing the more plausible answer. Such being the example here, factually your interest warranted consideration, but in reality, at this time appears not germane when compared to further developing information that strongly suggest it was a police patrolman referenced to involved in the 3:00 A.M. hour sighting. Whereby him not being a sergeant, goes to only further confuse later vehicle reporting. Please, continue participating in offering relevant and serious inquiries, thanks.

ThinBlueLine, if you know something then why not say something? You're directing inquiries and LEADING other members but we don't know that you have ANY pertinent information other than the same questions we've all had since the discovery of the two girls bodies. Most of us here are not new to this case at all. If you have different or further information that could/would help solve this hideous crime why are you attempting to school others instead of sharing? It's clear that you have insider knowledge. Are you the killer?

Recalling from this rustic memory of mine :D... believe the mud was analyzed however their findings were not released all thou I want to say that it was being compared to a specific area. If this is incorrect please correct me ... :oops:

folieadeuxnola, if I recall correctly the comparison was between the soil on the car and an area south of Ozark on county road 123 near the area a citizen reported hearing gunshots on the night of July 31st., months after the crime.

somequestions: Respectfully, even though Big/Little Stores Mgt. has advised that working exterior security video cameras are utilized on their properties; LR1 has posted to the contrary, in such convincing way; that his post would nullify any potential for your question being addressed; therefore referring you, please to LR1. Thank you.

Here is what I think. We know there is video surveillance of the white truck who the police eventually found and determined to have no involvement. If he had known J.B. Beasley or Tracie Hawlett he would have gotten out of his truck to talk to them or at least pulled his truck up next to their car. If J.B. Beasley or Tracie Hawlett had known the driver of the truck, one or both of them would have walked up to the driver's window of the truck to talk to the man inside. What other reason could there be for the driver of the white truck and J.B. Beasley/Tracie Hawlett to ignore each other?

So therefore, at least according to my theory, the driver of the white truck is probably a stranger and not known to either J.B. Beasley or Tracie Hawlett.

folieadeuxnola, if I recall correctly the comparison was between the soil on the car and an area south of Ozark on county road 123 near the area a citizen reported hearing gunshots on the night of July 31st., months after the crime.

aegis100: negative, that comparisons done, if ever done; supported by local A.B.I. Agent during visit to Montgomery when challenged by Birmingham News reporter, specifically isolated to soil sampling, lab testing progresses being made since tragedies; then during 2004 the A.B.I. Agent replied, paraphrasing, no need to, all soils there are the same. This response was witnessed by reporter's accompanying soundman/photographer. But strange the why the differences in concerns for soil samples, and the media coverage involving the Spellman case later on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95