AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I’m glad that you do.

DNA genealogy only provides ‘leads’ for traditional DNA testing, so I can’t understand why you don’t accept it.

By the way—I’m not sure if this is a problem for you—but the DNA isn’t entered into gedmatch, Parabon, etc—the data derived from a DNA test is entered into the various systems. So, the DNA isn’t worn down/degraded, etc. from being entered into multiple systems.

Thanks for the post. Not being funny but how are you so certain that DNA genealogy only provides leads for traditional DNA testing. This is the way it has been presented by some but I do not believe this to be the case and that is part of the problem. I do not for one minute in a case like this one think LE would know there was a misidentification when they made an arrest but it is that something has gone wrong. I personally think there is something flawed with some of the processes you mention above. You are entitled to your opinion but in this case I am certain I am right and it is important for potentially innocent men and their families I stick with it.

Thanks for the reply. I do accept traditional DNA testing but DNA genealogy is what this case is about. We are talking about DNA being entered in to Parabon's systems for a start.
This is where you are confused.
No, this case is not about DNA genealogy. They only used genealogy to narrow down who they would test. Then, they can disregard the genealogy results. They then used traditional DNA testing to match the suspect to the crime scene.
Traditional DNA testing is what matched the suspect to the crime scene.
By the way, thank you for always being respectful in your responses.

Again thanks for the post. I am pretty certain I am right and if you study the Golden State Killer case you will in my opinion why I believe my suspect is the actual offender and why this impacts on this case which directly used the case as its inspiration. You have a right to your opinion but I do believe I understand DNA genealogy and more than most because I realise terrible mistakes can be made which can have terrible implications on innocent peoples lives.

OK, since you understand genealogy, what are the odds of them doing familial genealogy DNA and erroneously finding out that it matched the perp’s DNA in police storage? As well as subsequent swabs matching. And Italian markers are mistaken for Germanic? DeAngelo sounds Italian to me. Ah, and this mismatch you speak of happened to happen to a guy living in the relatively small specific area of the crimes on this big planet, with an ex named Bonnie, fired from police for shoplifting hammer and dog-repellant, and had his computer screen at home oddly covered with a towel like GSK covered TVs during his offences. That and the number of other perps admitting or offing themselves after being identified through the same DNA methods you claim are at fault.

Crime solvers embraced genetic genealogy

From this article:
But DNA relatives of a suspect aren’t being investigated; they are akin to eyewitnesses who might give police clues about who to look for, says Margaret Press, cofounder of the DNA Doe Project, which aims to identify human remains. The relatives offer a lead, similar to a shoe print or a fingerprint.

And follow-up investigations would include collecting new DNA samples to match against crime scene DNA. Even with a direct DNA match, police still need to build a case to show the person could have committed the crime, Greytak says. “We’re just helping them get there.”

Am I the only one in here literally pounding my forehead onto the tabletop!? LOL.

After numerous posts (in a few other threads) stating they arrested the wrong man and there is no way JJD is the GSK (DESPITE OVERWHELMING DNA EVIDENCE, SMH), and that Ralph Jackson is responsible for every murder in Virginia and, oh by the way, Ralph is also the Connecticut River Killer, I finally had to use the 'Ignore' feature on the certain member that is giving you fits in here. Otherwise, my laptop would have been rendered useless from being thrown against the wall and my forehead would have been black and blue from beating it against the table. Ignore is a wonderful feature. :)

After numerous posts (in a few other threads) stating they arrested the wrong man and there is no way JJD is the GSK (DESPITE OVERWHELMING DNA EVIDENCE, SMH), and that Ralph Jackson is responsible for every murder in Virginia and, oh by the way, Ralph is also the Connecticut River Killer, I finally had to use the 'Ignore' feature on the certain member that is giving you fits in here. Otherwise, my laptop would have been rendered useless from being thrown against the wall and my forehead would have been black and blue from beating it against the table. Ignore is a wonderful feature. :)

Agree I will have to do that also. What I don’t like is this thread turning into a discussion on a million other cases. Maybe the admins can do something about this person eventually.

No problem thanks for your post. What I am saying is in my mind I know Ralph Leon Jackson is actually the Golden State Killer so I know that something went wrong with the processes you mention above in that case and this case has in my opinion used the same flawed process.

There can be multiple creeps out in the world. DNA can be flawed or can be presented as an absolute. I believe McCraney is guilty. The BS about his semen and how it got in or on one of the women, makes me not trust him. I don't think people had much hope for this case. I wonder what else could he have done. That's just how I see it.

Thanks for the post. You may be right I do not know who committed this crime but wanted to raise my concerns about DNA genealogy because I think it is relevant in this case and if this man is guilty it will be proved in a court of law. If DNA genealogy is as scientifically sound as the way it has been presented it should be able to withstand questions asked by one poster from a long way away. Thanks as always for your interest.

There can be multiple creeps out in the world. DNA can be flawed or can be presented as an absolute. I believe McCraney is guilty. The BS about his semen and how it got in or on one of the women, makes me not trust him. I don't think people had much hope for this case. I wonder what else could he have done. That's just how I see it.

He is most certainly guilty. People will just grasp at whatever straws they can to cope with having had a morally and emotionally bankrupt rapist double-murderer for life-coach, husband, friend, rolemodel and spiritual guide.

He is most certainly guilty. People will just grasp at whatever straws they can to cope with having had a morally and emotionally bankrupt rapist double-murderer for life-coach, husband, friend, rolemodel and spiritual guide.

He was a truck driver for how many years? He almost got away with these murders and he was in his mid to late 20s. I wonder if he got away with other crimes or if people remember him.

He was a truck driver for how many years? He almost got away with these murders and he was in his mid to late 20s. I wonder if he got away with other crimes or if people remember him.

That is where I was going with the questions in my last post. Nobody willing to post apparently remembers or knows in reference to his local employment in the years after his Air Force enlistment as well as those soon after the occurrence of the crime. I am looking for specific employers. That could very well lead to other assailants or provocateurs.

Thanks for considering all possibilities

That is where I was going with the questions in my last post. Nobody willing to post apparently remembers or knows in reference to his local employment in the years after his Air Force enlistment as well as those soon after the occurrence of the crime. I am looking for specific employers. That could very well lead to other assailants or provocateurs.

Thanks for considering all possibilities

It's possible somethings are being held back. I was also thinking of how someone will survive a serial killer and they might not have reported the crime if they were young or doing something illegal. He was able to travel, did he ever do anything that set off alarms. I would think if you killed two omen it would make you act differently but maybe not if you are a sociopath. If he did it he stayed local. Idk what that means.

I’m glad to see this thread become “lively” again.

Now, back to business:

It is easily to assume that OPD has more to bring to the table than a singular DNA match. I believe that for sure. The DA would not pin his one bite of the prosecution Apple and suffer a case of failed attempt at conviction. This is obvious and will be revealed post indictment.

While we patiently wait for the discovery package that will come, I have a couple of questions if anyone has a definitive answer.

1. Does anyone know mr. McRaney’s occupational specialty was in the Air Force??
It could be insignificant or otherwise.

2. There has been a number of statements and disclosure that Mr. McCraney is employed as a truck driver. Does anyone have credible information regarding his employment 1997-2000? This also may or may not be significant.

Thank you everyone in advance for their objective views. It’s good to see activity here again. Don’t stay gone so long you rascals.

They haven't released what he did in the AF nor have they released the trucking companies that he worked for but both have been confirmed

It's possible somethings are being held back. I was also thinking of how someone will survive a serial killer and they might not have reported the crime if they were young or doing something illegal. He was able to travel, did he ever do anything that set off alarms. I would think if you killed two omen it would make you act differently but maybe not if you are a sociopath. If he did it he stayed local. Idk what that means.

But would you consider him staying locally since he was a truck driver. I mean yes technically his home address would be local, but I know many truck drivers and they are gone way more than they are home. So his address would be just that and address for mail but his home would be the truck

They haven't released what he did in the AF nor have they released the trucking companies that he worked for but both have been confirmed
Ok. Yes. I was looking for other employment locally besides truck driving. Fast food, golf courses, country clubs, etc. anything additional

But would you consider him staying locally since he was a truck driver. I mean yes technically his home address would be local, but I know many truck drivers and they are gone way more than they are home. So his address would be just that and address for mail but his home would be the truck

If his family was there I would consider it his home. Truck driving definitely gives him freedom and some familiarity with other areas. He is expected to be gone. If he is guilty and committed other crimes not doing them close to his home would keep him under the radar.
If you felt guilty about murder would it bother you to see where you committed the crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow