AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct but my was in response to his point about the frequency of contact with people in general thinking he hasnt transferred any DNA.

Also, DNA is DNA no matter the source. So OPD could have done a oral swab, drawn blood, swab his skin and the DNA would be the same. Only difference is there isnt any sperm to be observed therefore it doesn't matter what source they acquired DNA from him to match the crime scene

Last edited:
Also he may not have penetrated her. He may have residual semen on his hands and transferred it thru digital manipulation or rubbing/touching her clothes, etc

Was her PM result announced? Were there signs of physical damage that could indicate that she had in fact been raped? Has anyone read anything about that? Perhaps LE have that to add to the semen inside her. That could be their hand.
Tbh, at 16 is is extremely unlikely that she was involved with him, adding to that he said that he didn’t know her, then changed his story. He’s screwed up and it’s game over. I’m very interested and hope that this brings the families some closure, finally.

**Penile penetration** Digital manipulation is penetrating with the fingers.

It depends on the quantity of semen found in her cavity.

Untrue, they measure the quality of semen and amount of sperm to see if sperm is present which points to a sexual act. The point I'm making is rape can be committed without any penile penetration yet semen along with sperm can be transferred via a number of ways. But you're missing the point. The very first autopsy report first stated no signs of rape then months later stated there was semen found on the skin, sweater, underwear and swabs for DNA were collected and tested. So said semen could have been transferred by penile penetration or digital

And they also could have left parts out of the forensic report just like they left out the finding DNA inside her body. It's already been proven that the LE agencies have kept quite a few things out of public knowledge.

Well they stated they did vaginal swabs, back in '99 just as they would on any female where assault and sexual assault was a potential and the dothan eagle and other outlets updated their pages with the information. Pertinent information, not every minute detail.

Here is an updated article that mentions the vaginal swabs along with how it resulted 2 sources and matched the stains on the sweater.
Forensic report reveals nature of DNA evidence found on J.B. Beasley's body

I'm going to bow on this particular topic, I believe my points are being completely missed.

But it’s the same case. You can bet Barrentines is going to be brought up during the trial.[/QUOTEYes it's the same case, what I meant by that was when Barentine got arrested this investigator wasn't on the force..They will definitely bring up Barentine again I'm sure ..They need to explain his mental issues and also that his DNA was NOT a match!!! But this case has been flawed from the beginning!!

They originally made a mistake in the GSK case and went after the wrong man at a retirement home in Oregon.

BBM...We all hope and fully expect he will get a fair trial. Any reason to believe he won't get a fair trial?

"The majority of people around here think he is innocent"? Oh really? Based on what? Was a poll taken to substantiate that claim?

"For alot of them, that sentiment is based of the preconceived belief of the high level of corruption that has always been associated with OPD."...12 different law enforcement agencies including the ABI and FBI were involved in the initial investigation. I hardly believe all of them are corrupt."

"Semen was found on the sweater, underwear, and within the vaginal cavity. Which as the lawyer states only implies he potentially knew them, interacted with at least Beasley. " Yes he knew-carnally knew her. Your DNA or semen doesn't get on someone by just knowing them. I know a lot of people, but my DNA and certainly my semen isn't on or in them.

"then there is potential that they have met from the time of the prior weekend to the night of the murders. Figuring out what Beasley did in the afternoon/nights of the week would be insightful, school records of missing class or anything too. I'm inclined that any sexual encounter would be consensual unless it was a forced interaction say in a house at gun point." If CM had a consensual sexual relationship with Beasley, would he have denied ever knowing her as he did to the Police. His story may change along the way, especially after his attorney tells him the DNA on and in Beasley ties him to her. If it does and he says they were in a relationship, that means he lied initially about knowing her. So, there is at least one lie he has told.

"So in reality, even with the family tree created, matching the DNA, its still not 100% (its extremely strong, dont get me wrong) because even with the profile of the sample be it degraded, partial, whatever, I don't like that they base the claims on the probability of the match." You are correct. It is not 100%. But as reported, the odds of a mistake are something like 13 million to one. Would you play those odds?

Well they stated they did vaginal swabs, back in '99 just as they would on any female where assault and sexual assault was a potential and the dothan eagle and other outlets updated their pages with the information. Pertinent information, not every minute detail.

Here is an updated article that mentions the vaginal swabs along with how it resulted 2 sources and matched the stains on the sweater.

I'm going to bow on this particular topic, I believe my points are being completely missed.

One source being CM and the other being JB. It was clarified in another article

I agree with everything you are saying. ☺️

From what I saw understood he got the assault charge while in the military and that was between 94-98 that charge resulted in him not being allowed to posses a firearm..He was later found in possession of a firearm in 04 but it was not stated what led them to find him in possession of it ( as in was he in some sort of trouble, traffic stop or what).
It would be really informative to get the details on the assault charge. Ordinarily I would assume they would be public record, although if the person assaulted was under 16 I suppose they could have been sealed. I know the UCMJ has different rules from civilian law.

It would be really informative to get the details on the assault charge. Ordinarily I would assume they would be public record, although if the person assaulted was under 16 I suppose they could have been sealed. I know the UCMJ has different rules from civilian law.

WDHN clarified that it was actually a error the other media outlet made in stating 04..They contacted the chief (Ozark I am guessing) and he clarified it was actually in 94 while he was in the airforce and the weapon was concealed at the time...So it was all related to the same incident.

From what I could sleuth around both Air Force and Mississippi law, the assault of a person under 16 is a sexual assault of some sort. It appears that is sexual assault of some sort but not rape, and both state that it can be touching a private area without concent... needless to say I'm very interested in finding out more details of this. Yes record would be sealed but there should be a deposition available to the public even being military although that will be extremely hard to find

Yes.....that is correct and what I said. I'm not sure why my statements seem to make no sense to some and hard follow. Maybe I'm misinterpreting responses and context.

You can penetrate a woman without causing trauma and you can leave seminal stains/evidence in and around a vagina without using a penis. If there was traumatic lesions, bruising or evidence it would have been mentioned since the forensic examiner states the vaginal swabs showed the presence of his semen, that wouldn't be withheld.

Also I don't see how its so unfathomable that there was a potential and really shows an obvious sexual encounter did occur or a potential relationship could come about between these two based on the age gap or even a 20-30 mile difference. I say potential relationship because if it was a random, spur of the moment rape more than likely she would have fought against him and subsequently resulting in evidence of struggle and trauma. Of course I feel unless a second individual was there, with a gun, one could deduce she felt so threatened that she would cooperate in the act thus resulting in rape but with traumatic evidence.

But again my whole point since bringing up the DNA results is the potential arguements against it during a trial as well as a reasonable means/explanations of how the suspects DNA ended up in and on Beasley.

Which of the girls had mud on their shoes or was it both? Brainstorming and thought I'd ask before looking through old posts

From what I could sleuth around both Air Force and Mississippi law, the assault of a person under 16 is a sexual assault of some sort. It appears that is sexual assault of some sort but not rape, and both state that it can be touching a private area without concent... needless to say I'm very interested in finding out more details of this. Yes record would be sealed but there should be a deposition available to the public even being military although that will be extremely hard to find

Thanks for the info. If it was of a sexual nature, that would be very damning evidence, presumably it will come out one way or the other eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove