GUILTY AL - Jack Girdner, 73, & DeJerinett twins, 9, found murdered, Hope Hull, 3 June 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I sincerely apologize for initially thinking the worst of Mr. Girdner when I read this thread. I really feel bad for immediately assuming he had sinister motives when he was, by all accounts, a truly caring person who was just trying to be helpful to a family in need. :( He makes me think of my own grandpa, who is in his 70s and probably too helpful for his own good. He would never hurt a fly.

As I said in one of Mickey Shunick's threads, it's awful that a few well-publicized bad incidents make us assume the worst of people we don't even know.

Rest in peace, Mr. Girdner (Jordan and Taylor too - what a senseless crime).

"We shall find peace, we shall hear the angels, we shall see the sky sparkling with diamonds." - Anton Chekhov

What do you think happened to the car? Did DL ditch a bicycle, was he on foot, or do you think he could have had an accomplice? Seems too remote of an area to have been on foot or a bicycle. Or there's a different abandoned vehicle in the area we're not being told about? Odd.

Dallas County DA Michael Jackson comments about DM Lee's 2011 Murder Trial

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...omicide?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Frontpage|p

Jackson said Wednesday night that Lee, who lived in Selma but whose most recent address is listed as 3971 Thomas Ave. in Montgomery, was previously charged with two counts of capital murder in connection with a Dec. 29, 2008, incident in which two people were shot to death.

But on March 24, 2011, a jury acquitted him of the charges, which, had he been found guilty would have carried a penalty of either life in prison without parole or death.

“The jury deliberated for two or three days and indicated they could not reach a verdict at first before finally acquitting him,” Jackson said of Lee. “There were questions about who actually had done the shooting.”

Someone said that motive isn't as important as knowing why he was out of jail. Well, I think he had an accomplice. And that's why motive is still very important at this point. Motive also might help us find the guy, who poses a very serious threat to the safety of others. As for why he's not already in prison, the failures of our legal system have been noted many times. I've seen prosecutors botch case after case, and juries that let killers walk free due to ignorance, incompetence, etc. Also important is understanding why people turn out this way and what we can do to stop that. The cycle has to end somewhere. Last night, I read on Twitter a post by an angry first cousin of the deceased. I dropped him a note to let him know that the best thing he can do is to make good use of his life in honor of his cousins, who do not get the chance to fulfill their own dreams. He tells me he's going to do that. I sure hope so. Mr. Girdner was lifting up people. Some evil person took his life, but they cannot steal his spirit nor the spirit of those happy kids, who seemed to have a real shot at a wonderful life.

Even after following many cases, that red "Found Deceased" heading never fails to shock and sadden me to my inner core. I had SO hoped for a different outcome in this case. May the angels lead in them in. May justice be swift and mighty for the monster who extinguished the bright lights of these three innocent souls, long before their time. What a heavy heart I have this morning.

What do you think happened to the car? Did DL ditch a bicycle, was he on foot, or do you think he could have had an accomplice? Seems too remote of an area to have been on foot or a bicycle. Or there's a different abandoned vehicle in the area we're not being told about? Odd.

And what is the motive?
Angry at MOM?

Just seems personal to me! To murder two little children! Sounds like he was angry!

Good Morning All,
New member and a Montgomery resident here. I was told by two people here yesterday that the suspect tried to sell the Mercedes in Selma Monday. Also I was the one that said I had been told that mom had just a few days ago broken up a relationship with the .

If he tried to sell the car, it tells me that he didn't really get much else. I mean, if you manage to get $50,000 out of some guy's savings account, you would probably just leave the car somewhere and flee the area.

If he did steal the car, how did he get from Montgomery to Hope Hull? Did he leave a vehicle there and take the Mercedes or did he get a ride to Hope Hull??

If he did steal the car, how did he get from Montgomery to Hope Hull? Did he leave a vehicle there and take the Mercedes or did he get a ride to Hope Hull??

Now you know why I said he had an accomplice. The only other possibility is that he jacked the car when it left the kids' house. But I don't even know whether he picked up the kids or if they were dropped off by their mother.

I think he left his car somewhere and after assasinating these three innocent people stole the Mercedes and tried to sell it. Selma and the surrounding towns in west Alabama are known drug dens. There are places you have to drive through, say on the way to Mississippi, where you hold your breath and pray you don't get a flat or break down (Uniontown being one). It does not surprise me in the LEAST that this creep went over to that area to try to dispose of the car.

New member here, and let me say I am so excited to have found this website to discuss with like minded individuals the craziness in this world!

I wanted to comment lastnight, but it takes a few hours to get approved to write on the forums. But, I was looking at the case from 2008, and after he was found not guilty in 2011 (I believe) his dad made a statement that it was injustice.. and so forth.. what I found odd, but may not mean much is the dad's last name was Moore. The twins' mom's last name is Moore. I recently moved to Alabama from Indiana so I'm not sure about how small the city is or if, like in Indiana, every person with the same last name in a small town are related.

*Wondering how the mom's alleged relationship with the suspect will play into all of this. So sad.

This is just craziness!
Many prayers and much needed strength and peace to the family of all victims.

I think he left his car somewhere and after assasinating these three innocent people stole the Mercedes and tried to sell it. Selma and the surrounding towns in west Alabama are known drug dens. There are places you have to drive through, say on the way to Mississippi, where you hold your breath and pray you don't get a flat or break down (Uniontown being one). It does not surprise me in the LEAST that this creep went over to that area to try to dispose of the car.

I can't see someone leaving a vehicle by a murder scene when he knows that someone is going to be looking for them in the same area. Somebody had to have driven him there. It was either Girdner at gun point or Deandra's friend. It occurred to me that he might have visited Girdner in the past if he had a relationship with the twins' mother. So he may have been able to locate the home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarolAnnWalker112947
Back