Found Deceased AL - Jennifer Marshell White, 55, Moulton, 08 Apr 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Radio silence tonight - I hadn’t been on for a bit and was checking in one more time before bed! Surely I’m not the only insomniac on here, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the side effects listed about “worsening of bipolar disorder.” This to me says that you wouldn’t prescribe it FOR bipolar disorder at all. Being that she is prescribed this medicine would tell me she is NOT suspected to be suffering from bipolar disorder at all. If so, perhaps that’s an avenue of lawsuit for the family when all is said and done (if she IS suspected of having bipolar or even diagnosed, they can sue the prescribing physician if deemed it caused her to remove herself from our world). It’s like giving a sugar pill to a diabetic. Wouldn’t be prescribed to a diabetic specifically because of its side effect (hyperglycemia). Think about it logically, would you treat someone with bipolar disorder with a drug that is known to have a side effect of worsening the condition, or choose from HUNDREDS of safer medications?
Just my opinion.

For some classes of medications, particularly those the interfere with the production or reception of brain chemicals, there aren't hundreds of safer medications available. Different medications target production or reception of brain chemicals differently so various medications, and/or dosages and/or combinations of medications and their dosages, may be tried to achieve whatever result was wanted.

It has not been stated which medications Jennifer was prescribed but it is common to see anti-anxiety and/or anti-depression associated with managing MS patients. We can't know for certain but it is extremely likely based on what was posted on the Moulton PD FB page that Jennifer was on one or more medications related to anti-depression.

One of the most dangerous situations is if you simply stop taking the medication(s). All of these, or almost all of these types of medications should never simply be stopped but rather slowly discontinued through reduction of dosage over time. We don't know if Jennifer stopped taking a medication, had recently had a change in medication, or a change in dosage in one or more medications prior to her disappearance and those changes in medication or dosage could have been even weeks or a month or three prior.

What I will say is that on her FB, a few weeks prior to her disappearance, she had shared a post that had a photo of Robin Williams and one of his quotes about hiding his depression. It could be entirely coincidental but I doubt it.

Families are very often reluctant to mention these kinds of medications or any diagnosis with regard to a missing person. I understand why that is but it does impact how to go about finding them especially as time keeps going forward.

Daughter of missing Moulton woman holds out hope that her mother is alive

MOULTON, Ala- Jennifer Marshell White was last seen April 8. Her daughter, Allison Cross, said she hasn't heard from her mother in four weeks.

"We have the cell phone tower ping. We have combed that area for 26 days now. And we have not found her or her car," Cross said.

Cross said her mother was having problems at home and was trying to move out.

"You have a 12-hour gap that we don't have a timeline for," Cross said.

Cross and her sister were even more confused when they both received a text from their mother's phone the week of April 7th.

"At this point, I have to believe maybe something else happened," Cross said.

[...]

Cross told WHNT News 19 she doesn't believe the Moulton's Police Department is capable of conducting an impartial investigation into her mother's disappearance because of her marriage with Brent White.

Police Chief Lyndon McWhorter said he took the Facebook post down because he felt some of the information regarding White's medical history was inappropriate. He said there is no conflict of interest that would impact his ability to investigate White's case and that so far, there's no evidence of foul play.

Cross said she won't give up hope of finding Jennifer. If she is alive Cross said she wants her mom to know she loves her.

"I will not let people bash you, and I will stand up for you because I'd expect you'd do the same for me."

Video at link: http://whnt.com/2018/05/05/daughter...oman-holds-out-hope-that-her-mother-is-alive/

What I will say is that on her FB, a few weeks prior to her disappearance, she had shared a post that had a photo of Robin Williams and one of his quotes about hiding his depression. It could be entirely coincidental but I doubt it.

RSBM

I definitely took note of that also:

https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.m.white.31/posts/10209901272282641

And the fact that she shared the post only a little over two weeks she disappeared.

There are several other posts Jennifer shared in the last three months that have me concerned, including:

https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.m.white.31/posts/10209476638867071

https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.m.white.31/posts/10209796517863846

https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.m.white.31/posts/10209836517503812

I get the impression that these were cries for help (but I also feel that she didn’t want to be a burden on her family), and that she was also trying to cheer herself up, IMO.

Things I really hope LE are doing or have done:

1. Going over browser history on any and all electronic device Jennifer uses, especially those only she has access to. She might have been researching different methods of suicide, including possible locations of interest;

2. Analysis of GPS information on her phone on the day of her disappearance, if still available, perhaps through her service provider or the phone manufacturer;

3. Making sure that searchers are looking up, not just looking down at the ground;

4. At least one more aerial search;

5. Additnal searches of the lake;

Even if there was foul play involved, I really don’t believe there would be much progress in the investigation as to who, how, etc., until she is found. I really would like to see more reporting on what is being done in terms of search activities, unless LE are keeping the information close to the vest for a reason.

All MOO

The Tips/Info in the search for JMW FB page has come down. Was that run by family?

A lot of this may be true but I feel like Mr. White was able to post that from the police fb because we really are a small town and everyone knows everyone. Everyone knows who Brent White is. In Moulton anyway. And that is partly because his personality. He really is a good dude IMO

I understand that. Everyone knows him, everyone likes him, everyone trusts him. And again, I want to reiterate that I am not accusing him of wrongdoing in his wife's disappearance. But, what's happened is that this is a serious situation, and it's highly suspect and inappropriate to behave the way he's behaved this entire time.

If I were a citizen of the town of Moulton, I would no longer have any faith or trust in the local police, or in the local government at all.

There is no question that a lot of people are throwing accusations at Brent White and it is 100% understandable that he feels highly defensive. What should Mr. White have done instead of using the power of the local police to try to make it all go away? As I wrote in another post, lawyer up. That's how it's done like, everywhere else. You hire an attorney who knows what they're doing to speak for you, to get the heat off you. I have no idea why Mr. White thought doing anything else was a good idea. He should have done it from the moment that people started accusing him. Just MOO, as always.

I understand that. Everyone knows him, everyone likes him, everyone trusts him. And again, I want to reiterate that I am not accusing him of wrongdoing in his wife's disappearance. But, what's happened is that this is a serious situation, and it's highly suspect and inappropriate to behave the way he's behaved this entire time.

If I were a citizen of the town of Moulton, I would no longer have any faith or trust in the local police, or in the local government at all.

There is no question that a lot of people are throwing accusations at Brent White and it is 100% understandable that he feels highly defensive. What should Mr. White have done instead of using the power of the local police to try to make it all go away? As I wrote in another post, lawyer up. That's how it's done like, everywhere else. You hire an attorney who knows what they're doing to speak for you, to get the heat off you. I have no idea why Mr. White thought doing anything else was a good idea. He should have done it from the moment that people started accusing him. Just MOO, as always.

Yep, Bingo. This crossed a huge line. Even if he is a good guy, and everyone knows him, the PD should have known better. This made everyone's suspicions even worse now and the faith in the PD has been lost.

What should Mr. White have done instead of using the power of the local police to try to make it all go away? As I wrote in another post, lawyer up. That's how it's done like, everywhere else. You hire an attorney who knows what they're doing to speak for you, to get the heat off you. I have no idea why Mr. White thought doing anything else was a good idea. He should have done it from the moment that people started accusing him.

This was kind of a no-win situation for him, to be fair. Lawyering up would've been smarter from a legal standpoint, but it also could have been seen as practically an admission of guilt -- especially in a small town. I really think BW's been focused on damage control and had no real idea how to handle it. Not everyone reads Websleuths. :)

Regarding the side effects listed about “worsening of bipolar disorder.” This to me says that you wouldn’t prescribe it FOR bipolar disorder at all. Being that she is prescribed this medicine would tell me she is NOT suspected to be suffering from bipolar disorder at all. If so, perhaps that’s an avenue of lawsuit for the family when all is said and done (if she IS suspected of having bipolar or even diagnosed, they can sue the prescribing physician if deemed it caused her to remove herself from our world). It’s like giving a sugar pill to a diabetic. Wouldn’t be prescribed to a diabetic specifically because of its side effect (hyperglycemia). Think about it logically, would you treat someone with bipolar disorder with a drug that is known to have a side effect of worsening the condition, or choose from HUNDREDS of safer medications?
Just my opinion.

RBBM. This is the most reasonable thing I've read so far on the subject, AHTH! But people started latching on to the word "bipolar" without considering the context, which in no way even suggested that JMW was bipolar.

Yep, Bingo. This crossed a huge line. Even if he is a good guy, and everyone knows him, the PD should have known better. This made everyone's suspicions even worse now and the faith in the PD has been lost.

Yes, it crossed a huge line and I didn't have much faith in Moulton PD to begin with and since learning that the lead investigator was who supposedly authored the post I have none. I'm speculating, but I believe because BW has been a councilman for over 30 years he thought the statement coming from Moulton PD would quell suspicions, but of course that backfired because the vast majority of people in Moulton and Lawrence County don't live in the little district that has supported him as a friend and council member all these years.

This was kind of a no-win situation for him, to be fair. Lawyering up would've been smarter from a legal standpoint, but it also could have been seen as practically an admission of guilt -- especially in a small town. I really think BW's been focused on damage control and had no real idea how to handle it. Not everyone reads Websleuths. :)

Oh it's pretty obvious that he was focused on damage control. Focused like a laser beam on damage control, to the point where it clouded his good judgment. And I agree with you that he was (is) in a no-win situation, however, one doesn't have to be a follower of Websleuths to have a clue that using the local PD to spread the "facts" of his own side is a reckless thing to do.

For some classes of medications, particularly those the interfere with the production or reception of brain chemicals, there aren't hundreds of safer medications available. Different medications target production or reception of brain chemicals differently so various medications, and/or dosages and/or combinations of medications and their dosages, may be tried to achieve whatever result was wanted.

It has not been stated which medications Jennifer was prescribed but it is common to see anti-anxiety and/or anti-depression associated with managing MS patients. We can't know for certain but it is extremely likely based on what was posted on the Moulton PD FB page that Jennifer was on one or more medications related to anti-depression.

One of the most dangerous situations is if you simply stop taking the medication(s). All of these, or almost all of these types of medications should never simply be stopped but rather slowly discontinued through reduction of dosage over time. We don't know if Jennifer stopped taking a medication, had recently had a change in medication, or a change in dosage in one or more medications prior to her disappearance and those changes in medication or dosage could have been even weeks or a month or three prior.

Families are very often reluctant to mention these kinds of medications or any diagnosis with regard to a missing person. I understand why that is but it does impact how to go about finding them especially as time keeps going forward.

I agree with this. Especially the mention of the Robin Williams post. I only mention that as I suffered severe depression at one point and when he passed away I almost gave up hope on myself. In my opinion, the Robin Williams post could or could not be telling but I can relate to that feeling. Also, I agree that when a person on anti anxiety or anti depressants is missing many families are reluctant to mention the medication/ diagnosis of the missing person.
I sure pray for her and her family.

I agree but what I was focusing more on is antidepressants and anti anxiety medications doesn’t scream bipolar. If she were bipolar she would be on medication that doesn’t exacerbate the condition. I am also more concerned about the quit withdrawals from the medications because anti-anxiety medications (typically benzodiazepines) cause pretty dangerous withdrawal. Stopping an antidepressant would also do the same. Both are common to be on when dealing with such a life altering diagnosis as MS.
If she is still alive I bet she is STILL feeling the affects of the benzo withdrawal as it’s a BAD one to come off of [emoji20]

I agree but what I was focusing more on is antidepressants and anti anxiety medications doesn’t scream bipolar. If she were bipolar she would be on medication that doesn’t exacerbate the condition. I am also more concerned about the quit withdrawals from the medications because anti-anxiety medications (typically benzodiazepines) cause pretty dangerous withdrawal. Stopping an antidepressant would also do the same. Both are common to be on when dealing with such a life altering diagnosis as MS.
If she is still alive I bet she is STILL feeling the affects of the benzo withdrawal as it’s a BAD one to come off of [emoji20]

Hi, I think you may have meant to reply to someone else as I was speaking of Brent White. I completely agree with you on what you're saying here about possible side effects and withdrawal symptoms of anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications.

Hi, I think you may have meant to reply to someone else as I was speaking of Brent White. I completely agree with you on what you're saying here about possible side effects and withdrawal symptoms of anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications.

Whoops! Sorry! You are right! Is there a way to change the quote out on tapatalk??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members