Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for clarity after this morning's false report, here's what's been happening in Cupcake's case:

The two POIs have been charged with crimes not related to Cupcake. Patrick Stallworth and Derick Irisha Brown:
The first subject has been identified as Patrick Devone Stallworth, 39, of Birmingham. Four warrants for Possession of Child *advertiser censored* were obtained against the Stallworth. Bonds for the possession of Child *advertiser censored* total $200,000. Investigators also obtained three warrants for Possession of Child *advertiser censored* with Intent to Distribute with a $300,000 bond total.
The second subject has been identified as Derrick Irisha Brown, 29, of Birmingham. A probation revocation with no bond was executed against Brown. The original charge was kidnapping.
Two Persons of Interest in Kidnapping of Kamille McKinney Face Unrelated Charges - Alabama News

In Stallworth's case child *advertiser censored* photos were found on his cell phone. None were of Cupcake. Brown's kidnapping charge stems from her kidnapping her own three children at gunpoint in 2018. She was out on bond which has now been revoked.

ETA: Inmate Detail - STALLWORTH, PATRICK DEVONE
Inmate Detail - BROWN, DERICK IRISHA

Last edited:
I was so excited this morning when there were (although conflicting) reports that Cupcake was located. I am so sorry to now see that she is still missing. Praying for this little girl and her family.
It was a kick in the gut. Even though I was listening to the outstanding reporters who emphasized several times that it was not official that Cupcake had been found, I was reading other reports on here from other news sources saying she was. I got excited, thought that the reporters I was listening to were just being extremely cautious, and it just was a kick in the gut to all of us who had to see the posts of reporters retracting their statements and Twitters when they found out she wasn't found after all.

I can't imagine her loved ones pain right now- especially her brother, who thought she was found and thought he saw her looking sad.

OCT 16, 2019
Search for Kamille McKinney: How to help, how not to help
[...]

Barefield said there has been a generous outpouring of support. “A lot of agencies don’t pay a reward until the conviction of an offender,’’ Barefield said. “With Crime Stoppers, your tip only has to assist law enforcement in solving that crime.”

“We approve our rewards weekly so you could literally call with a tip today and pick up your money cash next with and you’re totally anonymous,’’ Barefield said. “There’s no better deal in town.”

[...]

What you can do:

[...]

- Those who want to conduct ground searches are asked to coordinate with the Birmingham Police Department’s command post set up on Messer-Airport Highway. “If they need help in the search, they’ll gladly let you.”

- Come forward with any store surveillance video or cell phone video that was taken near the area of the abduction Saturday night. There are multiple business around Tom Brown Village, and authorities believe several gatherings were happening at Tom Brown Village at the time Kamille was abducted.

• Police have one piece of advice of what not to do:
Refrain from disseminating undocumented information on social media.
“We have to chase down bad leads when we’re forwarded information that people have seen on social media,’’ Williams said. “That slows down our resources that we can have in other places. That would be a tremendous help.”

The chief agreed. “We are here conducting a real investigation, and this is a very sensitive investigation,’’ Smith said. “It’s one that’s pulled on the heartstrings of the community and the nation and everyone wants to see this young child alive…back with her family…safe. It’s not something to play with. Leave it alone on Facebook.”

[...]

Today really has me in the feels. I’m trying hard to look at this case from an educated standpoint and not an emotional one but it’s hard. I will break some points down like this though, first let me state that I’m only in my second year as a criminal justice major so I’m far from knowing all I need to know ( if you can ever know enough), the amount of LE, agencies, manpower that was out there today almost has me baffled.
You have local LE, medics, US Marshall, SWAT, on top of other EMS responders... over a tip?
Yes there are some circumstances that trump a warrant ( if you feel like a life is in danger, evidence is in risk of being destroyed, flight risk) but you know that certain procedures had to be in place before this all occurred. Even a justified tip would give just cause, but would it be enough to enlist the manpower of all depts?
This alone leads me to believe something larger lead to the events that happened today. I could very much be wrong, but watching everything go down... I could just imagine behind the scenes.

Today really has me in the feels. I’m trying hard to look at this case from an educated standpoint and not an emotional one but it’s hard. I will break some points down like this though, first let me state that I’m only in my second year as a criminal justice major so I’m far from knowing all I need to know ( if you can ever know enough), the amount of LE, agencies, manpower that was out there today almost has me baffled.
You have local LE, medics, US Marshall, SWAT, on top of other EMS responders... over a tip?
Yes there are some circumstances that trump a warrant ( if you feel like a life is in danger, evidence is in risk of being destroyed, flight risk) but you know that certain procedures had to be in place before this all occurred. Even a justified tip would give just cause, but would it be enough to enlist the manpower of all depts?
This alone leads me to believe something larger lead to the events that happened today. I could very much be wrong, but watching everything go down... I could just imagine behind the scenes.

My thoughts exactly.

OCT 16, 2019
Search for Kamille McKinney: How to help, how not to help
[...]

Barefield said there has been a generous outpouring of support. “A lot of agencies don’t pay a reward until the conviction of an offender,’’ Barefield said. “With Crime Stoppers, your tip only has to assist law enforcement in solving that crime.”

“We approve our rewards weekly so you could literally call with a tip today and pick up your money cash next with and you’re totally anonymous,’’ Barefield said. “There’s no better deal in town.”

[...]

What you can do:

[...]

- Those who want to conduct ground searches are asked to coordinate with the Birmingham Police Department’s command post set up on Messer-Airport Highway. “If they need help in the search, they’ll gladly let you.”

- Come forward with any store surveillance video or cell phone video that was taken near the area of the abduction Saturday night. There are multiple business around Tom Brown Village, and authorities believe several gatherings were happening at Tom Brown Village at the time Kamille was abducted.

• Police have one piece of advice of what not to do:
Refrain from disseminating undocumented information on social media.
“We have to chase down bad leads when we’re forwarded information that people have seen on social media,’’ Williams said. “That slows down our resources that we can have in other places. That would be a tremendous help.”

The chief agreed. “We are here conducting a real investigation, and this is a very sensitive investigation,’’ Smith said. “It’s one that’s pulled on the heartstrings of the community and the nation and everyone wants to see this young child alive…back with her family…safe. It’s not something to play with. Leave it alone on Facebook.”

[...]
Hmm I really think they have something leading them in this direction but I’ve thought that before - I’m hopeful they know more and someone has her alive IMO (channeling @PommyMommy and optimism)

I don't think so. This community seems more determined to find her than any other missing children's case I've seen.
Imo
I agree. We Websleuthers are glued to Twitter and msm but most other people aren't following quite as closely so many may not even know about the false report. And yes, the community is invested in finding Cupcake and IMO will continue to stay alert. MOO.

I know some feel that the Chief seems flat or like a poor public speaker. My opinion is that he seems very calm and methodical and his eyes are constantly roving the room, looking at his audience perceptively. He seems approachable to me. I’m watching another current case and I find the difference in presentation between the Chief and the
lead in the other case to be astounding.

@tlcya bringing this over from the last thread:

[bbm]

which people? the ones under arrest?
the police chief said he believes 'there is no connection between the family and the abductors.'

Amber Alert Issued For 3-Yr-Old Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney Who Went Missing From Birthday Party

Yes those in custody. And I know what police have said. I just believe there is more to the story and in due time they will share it with us. Again, just MOO I don't feel this was a random abduction. Not sure what the backstory is just remain convinced there is one.

I am at a loss after words today. BPD did an all out showing, but the tip came from the grandmother. She said, someone called her with the tip. I have trouble with this because the person should have called police. BPD made a great show of force (the crowd on the other hand turned it into the key stone cops) Back to square one.

Massive search following tip in Kamille McKinney disappearance ends with no sign of abducted girl

They searched unit by unit at apartment complex. Could be why housing authority said they were cooperating also:

"Officers cleared each apartment to conduct a thorough search, during which time residents had to step outside. One of the residents was holding a small child, which led a crowd of more than 100 onlookers to erupt in cheers believing the girl was Kamille. Some media outlets reacted by announcing that Kamille had been found but she had not."

Explains that too.

Yes those in custody. And I know what police have said. I just believe there is more to the story and in due time they will share it with us. Again, just MOO I don't feel this was a random abduction. Not sure what the backstory is just remain convinced there is one.
My thinking is since those two have connections to kidnapping and child *advertiser censored*, any lead could be a continuation of that downward spiral. Perhaps the heavy presence of so many LE, Swat, Medics, etc., this morning were invested in a rescue mission as well as busting up a more dangerous criminal situation.

Just for clarity after this morning's false report, here's what's been happening in Cupcake's case:

The two POIs have been charged with crimes not related to Cupcake. Patrick Stallworth and Derick Irisha Brown:
The first subject has been identified as Patrick Devone Stallworth, 39, of Birmingham. Four warrants for Possession of Child *advertiser censored* were obtained against the Stallworth. Bonds for the possession of Child *advertiser censored* total $200,000. Investigators also obtained three warrants for Possession of Child *advertiser censored* with Intent to Distribute with a $300,000 bond total.
The second subject has been identified as Derrick Irisha Brown, 29, of Birmingham. A probation revocation with no bond was executed against Brown. The original charge was kidnapping.
Two Persons of Interest in Kidnapping of Kamille McKinney Face Unrelated Charges - Alabama News

In Stallworth's case child *advertiser censored* photos were found on his cell phone. None were of Cupcake. Brown's kidnapping charge stems from her kidnapping her own three children at gunpoint in 2018. She was out on bond which has now been revoked.

ETA: Inmate Detail - STALLWORTH, PATRICK DEVONE
Inmate Detail - BROWN, DERICK IRISHA

I don't think that these folks are connected. I think that the police had some suspicion about these folks and had an opportunity to search, based on "kidnapping suspicion", and they were able to magically find child *advertiser censored*.

I think that they knew that this guy had child *advertiser censored*, but there was never anything that could justify the search. Until this came up.

I am at a loss after words today. BPD did an all out showing, but the tip came from the grandmother. She said, someone called her with the tip. I have trouble with this because the person should have called police. BPD made a great show of force (the crowd on the other hand turned it into the key stone cops) Back to square one.
Well there was a Bounty Hunter involved, so.........

My thinking is since those two have connections to kidnapping and child *advertiser censored*, any lead could be a continuation of that downward spiral. Perhaps the heavy presence of so many LE, Swat, Medics, etc., this morning were invested in a rescue mission as well as busting up a more dangerous criminal situation.
I’d expect law enforcement to send in that amount of resources, regardless of any connections to other crimes.

They apparently believed they had a solid lead, and they wanted to make sure they were able to facilitate a rescue and apprehension.

I’d expect law enforcement to send in that amount of resources, regardless of any connections to other crimes.

They apparently believed they had a solid lead, and they wanted to make sure they were able to facilitate a rescue and apprehension.
I guess. I was mainly thinking they were prepared for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove