Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting...

OCT 18, 2019
FBI: ’Every second counts’ for missing Alabama child Kamille 'Cupcake’ McKinney
It’s been six days since 3-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney disappeared from a Birmingham birthday party and experts say time is no friend to child abduction investigations.

[...]

Since day one, investigators have treated Kamille’s disappearance as a stranger abduction, though they say they have not ruled out any scenario. Such incidents grab headlines, but are rare in any city in the U.S.

[...]

“From what our Behavior Analysts folks say, it’s not very common to have a 3-year-old abducted by a complete stranger,’’ said Birmingham’s FBI Special Agent in Charge Johnnie Sharp Jr. “When you’re looking at child predators who are looking to abduct a child for sexual purposes, those children tend to be older.”

[...]

The FBI mobilized its Child Abduction Rapid Deployment teams to Birmingham. “Any time you have a missing or abducted child, history has demonstrated that time is of the essence’’ Sharpe said. “Every minute, literally every second, counts -- especially when the child is abducted by a stranger.”

[...]

"When it's truly an abduction by a stranger, 99 percent of the time it's for nefarious purposes so we know generally it's not going to have a happy ending."

[...]

Though the FBI is acting in a supporting role to Birmingham police, the agency has opened its own kidnapping investigation as well. “The presumption is made whenever there is an abducted child that there’s the potential that they cross state lines,’’ Sharpe said. “That goes back decades when the FBI first got involved in kidnapping investigations going all the way back to the Lindbergh baby.”

[...]

In addition to the CARD team, the FBI has brought in the Behavioral Analysts team from Quantico. They have a psychology background and start analyzing facts of a case to build a profile of who investigators are likely looking for in terms of a suspect.

[...]

Thirdly, the FBI’s Evidence Response Team has assisted Birmingham in a number of searches already, most notably when an SUV sought in the case was recovered by police 24 hours after Kamille’s disappearance.

[...]

Sharpe said he doesn’t yet know how long the CARD team will stay in Birmingham.

“As long as we have enough leads to justify these resources, then we’ll keep going as long as we need to go,’’ he said. “As leads dry up, we will scale back our resources.”

[...]
Well this answers our question as to the nature of the FBI’s involvement. They’re clearly very involved.

In regards to the fact that it would be unusual for a child that young to be kidnapped by a stranger (for sexual purposes), that’s what gives me pause.

If this was sexually motivated, the only thing that makes sense is that she was not his preferred target, and was merely available.

Playing some distance away from any adult supervision, she certainly was an easy target.

It IS from a personal system located on that green house. The photo in your post is from google maps, not the video.
I wish there was a way for one of you locals to take a few photos of that area as well as a video of where the two people and children were. Someone did that in Dulce's thread, and it was so much easier to see things from their photos.

Though the FBI is acting in a supporting role to Birmingham police, the agency has opened its own kidnapping investigation as well. “The presumption is made whenever there is an abducted child that there’s the potential that they cross state lines,’’ Sharpe said. “That goes back decades when the FBI first got involved in kidnapping investigations

Thank you!! I'm glad they got there own show rolling.

That statement says a lot !!! Glad the FBI is speaking for themselves.

Jmo

Their 100% wrong! There is no way that is within the complex.

I know this area and that video is taken from an adjacent street who’s back yard faces the back of one building in the complex. There is absolutely no area within the complex that correlates to that video angle never mind there are no garages or covered parking within Tom Brown.

I've never even been to Birmingham and could tell this was the case!

Where is this in relation to the birthday party and cousin’s apartment?

What the heck were these two little ones out there by theirselves? Doesn’t match what we have been told. Might be closer to matching stuff on SM? I don’t have access to FB so I have no clue what the scuttlebutt is on there.

This is the mess of the decade. There is no group of people nearby. There is no playground. The party is not close by, and nobody is watching these children. I am inclined not to believe much of what the media says and believe a lot of what social media says. IMO she is not going to be found.

I theorize they are picking up pieces of paper. I think that's what you're seeing as a bag. JMO.

If it's paper maybe a piñata had been broken open in that area. It was a birthday celebration after all. Pieces of paper and candy would have been scattered on the ground. The little ones might have been still looking for candy. These guys see that, and either throw coins or candy down to lure them in and then the second guy says, I've got candy for you, come with me. And off they go. Heartbreaking to watch that video.

Lol I have no idea why I just asked that question because I have no idea of the differences and def did not expect someone to shoot back 4 different types. We have MS-13 around. Will have to inquirer about those others.
Haha, I'm familiar with Bloods and Crips because they are in or near just about every city on the East Coast. They are in conflict with each other and usually involved with drug dealing or theft but I've never known them to kidnap a child.

The other two I've never heard of.

Imo

I wish there was a way for one of you locals to take a few photos of that area as well as a video of where the two people and children were. Someone did that in Dulce's thread, and it was so much easier to see things from their photos.

The idea of a child being alone is just beyond me. When I have had to drive past this area at night to get to the airport I was in my "don't stop for anything" mode. Sadly downtown Birmingham is not safe. Our murder rate is so high.

I wonder how many occupied apartments did this person have to walk past with KM to get to a vehicle? Nobody saw them? They must have had to pass by stoops and windows to reach a parking lot, IMO.
Also, when the 2nd person came into view, did anyone else think that she seemed momentarily startled, kind of backed up a bit to watch him approach? Then something as he stood there, made her feel comfortable again?

Okay, I’ve been away for a bit, what is going on that I missed? Quick run down on recent updates since last night? Ty!

Okay, I’ve been away for a bit, what is going on that I missed? Quick run down on recent updates since last night? Ty!

Copying over my summary from the last thread. No arrests, police released a video of a suspect/POI asking for help identifying --

Summary of the press conference:
  • Time stamp is 7:24 pm... Police chief says time stamp is 37 minutes off.
  • VIDEO: Kamille and another young girl can be seen playing in the background. Man #1 walks by past the children. Man #2 walks towards children, engages them, the two children follow him off-screen. Man #2 has been identified and is a suspect. They need the public's help identifying man #1 as they believe he may have information.
  • They do affirmatively believe the child in the video is Kamille and this is the last known location she is seen.
  • The other child has been identified. They have talked with several members of the community and the other child's mother.
  • Chief Smith said he only thought about 20 minutes of planning went into deciding to commit this crime and it was something "done impromptu."
  • Grid search is being conducted with citizens' help on Sunday. The area being searched is an area in Birmingham frequented by one of the POIs. The grid search is not being done until Sunday because K9s are currently searching, rain is expected tomorrow, they want to give time for the community to plan out their schedules to attend.

This is the mess of the decade. There is no group of people nearby. There is no playground. The party is not close by, and nobody is watching these children. I am inclined not to believe much of what the media says and believe a lot of what social media says. IMO she is not going to be found.
The photos that another member found of the are does show a piece of playground equipment that may belong to the daycare at that complex. We don't see it in the video, though- it was a photo someone found on Google I believe.

I wonder how many occupied apartments did this person have to walk past with KM to get to a vehicle? Nobody saw them? They must have had to pass by stoops and windows to reach a parking lot, IMO.
Also, when the 2nd person came into view, did anyone else think that she seemed momentarily startled, kind of backed up a bit to watch him approach? Then something as he stood there, made her feel comfortable again?
Maybe some 11 year old at an apartment near the parking lot saw the kidnapping? I think many of us assumed the 11 year old was Cupcake's brother, but it could have been another 11 year old.

Are there any apartments near the parking lot? I know we heard from a local there is a green house and a daycare in the area they walked by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018