Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a bit confused at the way he said it but I think they know who the second man to walk across the screen is, but they want to find the first man, in case he has more information...
For whatever the reason, the police chief doesn't seem to think so - he said that all of maybe 20 minutes went into planning this and it was just an impromptu decision. It sounds like LE has reason to believe that someone did not plan this out to go take her as revenge against the family.
Yes, I heard him say that, as well. But does that necessarily mean it has nothing to do with the parents? you think?

I am going to be in Birmingham on business for 2 weeks starting Monday. I'll post if I see or hear anything interesting. My hope is that this baby will be found before then.

I feel the circle is closing in on the perp(s).

KFYR-TV on Twitter

“We have spoken to several family members, including Kamille’s father and grandmother, who are begging for a safe return.”

“I’m just trying to stay strong for Cupcake mainly. This isn’t about nobody else, this is about Cupcake. Bringing Cupcake home and bringing these people to justice,” said her grandmother, Lekisha Simpson.

She also made the following plea:

“I just want to say to that person, let her go, Do the right thing. It could have been you. It could have been your child. Anybody just let her go.”

Yes, I heard him say that, as well. But does that necessarily mean it has nothing to do with the parents? you think?

I don't think it means that with 100% certainty, no. But I think it makes it pretty unlikely at least.

They weren't even at their own home. I find it unlikely they would have known she was there in the first place or that they know they'd have literally the perfect opportunity to abduct her. I really do feel like the police chief said that for a reason too - many of his other answers to questions are that they are not going to release that information or that they don't know, so I think he clearly has reason to believe it was truly impromptu and sudden decision. JMO of course but I really think it was random.

I have a feeling that he was communicating with the suspect on his phone to set up the kidnapping. JMO

This is exactly my fear if everyone really believes that PS is Man #2 and the police have chosen not to charge him. Just because they have a cop sitting outside his house or a GPS tracker on his car wouldn't necessarily stop him from communicating with others if there really are multiple people involved.

Call me crazy, but I really think that if they knew a man involved with child *advertiser censored* who they are confident they have on video physically leading Cupcake away and also has a vehicle that matches witness statements, he would have been charged already. Even if they waited to charge him until he was about to get out on bail to prevent him re-entering the community. What's to stop him from fleeing the country tomorrow?

I don't think it means that with 100% certainty, no. But I think it makes it pretty unlikely at least.

They weren't even at their own home. I find it unlikely they would have known she was there in the first place or that they know they'd have literally the perfect opportunity to abduct her. I really do feel like the police chief said that for a reason too - many of his other answers to questions are that they are not going to release that information or that they don't know, so I think he clearly has reason to believe it was truly impromptu and sudden decision. JMO of course but I really think it was random.
good points.
the random thing bothers me. I guess im trying to talk myself out of that theory. But agree with what you wrote and your opinion (sadly) :(

I've been wondering the same thing about trash pickup and maybe searching landfill.

Good point.

I think we are long overdue to have improved protocols regarding landfills when someone goes missing and the possibility of them being dumped in trash bins exists.

The landfill itself normally does a good job of recording specific areas and layers of trash by date, and they make trash trucks dump in specific areas so they are doing their part to generally know where each week's trash should be located.

But the amount of work involved in searching any section of landfill is very labor intensive and there is no guarantee they can even find a body even if we knew it was in a certain section.

Ever since LE searched a landfill and could not find Kelsey Berreth's body in her case, I have been trying to think of a way to identify if a body is in the trash at its source during the initial pickup at homes and businesses.

If there was a special sensor tool or something attached to the trash trucks and could scan the trash during pickup to identify if any human blood or human tissue exists in the trash, then it could at least be red flagged and at least be separated. Maybe new rules could be established that all the Trash pickup people need to do is to deposit that truck's load at a certain spot in the landfill which is different than all the other trash that does not set off the warning bell.

The problem is I dont think we have any scanning type device like that which could identify it. The device would have to work similar to Cadaver dogs and only set off an alarm when there is real human blood or human tissue detected. And of course with homeowners putting most trash in plastic trash bags then that could impede any type of sensor device.

So I cannot think of anything we have today that could even do something like that, short of something like a cadaver dog and that would not be feasible.

Maybe some day in the future technology could do something like this. It would have to be a simple type new process that doesnt adversely affect the trash collectors job much because they have hard enough time just getting to all the places they have to collect trash from. It would have to be some sort of automatic scanning that does not cause the trash collectors any more work other than dumping that trucks load in a different spot.

Its so frustrating to think that someone could have deposited a murder victim simply by throwing the body in the trash never to be found again. We have got to figure out a better way to prevent that from happening.

Poster for a missing puppy? Typical lure.
Seems like we are going after all the boogeyman theories of child abduction, candy, puppies... Maybe they just observed a little girl with no obvious supervision and took her, cause apparently they could. A three year old child in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018