Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another:

Police find body in dumpster believed to be missing Alabama 3-year-old
Police said they recovered what appeared to be the body of 3-year-old Kamille McKinney in a Birmingham dumpster not far from where she disappeared nine days ago, the Birmingham Police Department announced Tuesday.

I believe the bin is tagged as one collected near the area PS/DB was arrested.. (and not the landfill near the area baby kidnapped).

Listening to the presser, the Chief said remains discovered in bin taken to landfill.

That's definitely protocol to isolate bins from suspected areas that LE want to search. It doesn't follow there would be no trash collection for more than a week, and they just left dumpsters in place.

Landfills near Center Point, AL
upload_2019-10-22_21-24-41.png

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, how do things work in terms of the first bail? Was that just wasted money since the point of paying that was to give him "freedom" but now he's been re-arrested, so was that money refunded partially? Held up until trial? Simply wasted completely? Financial ruin for him or whoever was stupid enough to help him out, I hope.
Since he didn't run off, I don't think it will result in financial ruin.

Out of curiosity, how do things work in terms of the first bail? Was that just wasted money since the point of paying that was to give him "freedom" but now he's been re-arrested, so was that money refunded partially? Held up until trial? Simply wasted completely? Financial ruin for him or whoever was stupid enough to help him out, I hope.

That money will be refunded at some point. He didn’t violate the terms and go on the run.

The additional charges don’t mean that whoever put up that money will lose it.

That’s it for him though, no bail on capital murder charges. I hope he enjoyed his freedom, because it’s over forever.

Last edited:
Sounds like they knew early on that she wasn't going to be found alive.

I hate saying this, but do I ever hope that her DNA is all over his vehicle and wherever they took her after. I want these two nailed to the wall with no doubt what so ever in the jury's eyes.
I think DNA was found in the vehicle. I think the reason they did not release that information is because they were hoping PS being out on bail, he would lead them to her body.

I thought I was prepared for this outcome, given the nature of PS's charges, but it still hurts. I can't imagine what the family is going through! Blessings and comfort to all of them and most of all to precious little Cupcake!

I’m worn out but I can’t imagine what poor Cupcakes family is feeling. In the one short week I’ve been here I can see this is an extraordinary community but I’m not sure I can stay long term. These are absolutely heart breaking stories and difficult to deal with. I’m sure the initial SHOCK and pain will take its place but it’s not easy to be involved in these kind of discussions. I salute you all.
And I salute you and thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here. For helping us understand the lay out of the area where Cupcake was kidnapped. For your honest assessment of all things local. I know this has to be devastating for you and many other locals who have given their time and hearts to try and help find Cupcake. You're all amazing.

Everyone watch the PC. It’s not that long. That’ll answer many questions.
Finally got to listen to the presser. The main question answered for me is that the dumpster was NOT near Tom Brown Village, but instead, not too far from the Woodside Condominiums in Center Point.

Secondly, the trash (dumpster) was collected and transported to the landfill.

5:54 Chief says they took Stallworth into custody maybe about an hour ago.

9:30 Regarding KM's mother not pleading for the return of her child - the Chief says that was their call not to put her out there.

10:48 The dumpster was located not too far out from the apartment where they located them (PS & DB).

11:25 They had been going through about 12 tons of trash collected in and around the area for several days.

11:40 The dumpster was taken to the landfill.

I sadly think Dulce has probably met the same fate. Kudos to the Birmingham authorities for getting right on the landfill lockdown (for lack of a better phrase).
Yeah. I’m curious as to the specifics here.

I didn’t want to say this days ago, but I expected a sloppy abduction to be followed by an equally sloppy body disposal.

I figured he buried her behind his apartment building or something. A dumpster makes complete sense (for him) though.

Just glad they were able to find her body. That will be important for the family, and huge for the case.

Yeah. I’m curious as to the specifics here.

I didn’t want to say this days ago, but I expected a sloppy abduction to be followed by an equally sloppy body disposal.

I figured he buried her behind his apartment building or something. A dumpster makes complete sense (for him) though.

Just glad they were able to find her body. That will be important for the family, and huge for the case.
Yea, we all know the saying "no body, no crime.* Hard to prosecute murder without a body.

Remains of child, believed to be “Cupcake” McKinney located in dumpster
During a Tuesday night news conference, Birmingham police and FBI agents reveled they found the remains in a dumpster on Monday night.

Most likely misprint report citing Monday night.

Remains believed to be those of Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney, abducted 10 days ago from a Birmingham birthday party, were recovered Tuesday night.

Birmingham police and FBI agents found the remains in a dumpster. The discovery may have capped a tragic end to a massive search that began Saturday, Oct. 12, and has kept the Birmingham-area community and beyond on edge ever since.

Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney’s body believed found in dumpster

Kamille McKinney's remains found inside dumpster in Birmingham

Alabama police believe they found the remains of 3-year-old Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney - CNN

Finally got to listen to the presser. The main question answered for me is that the dumpster was NOT near Tom Brown Village, but instead, not too far from the Woodside Condominiums in Center Point.

Secondly, the trash (dumpster) was collected and transported to the landfill.

5:54 Chief says they took Stallworth into custody maybe about an hour ago.

9:30 Regarding KM's mother not pleading for the return of her child - the Chief says that was their call not to put her out there.

10:48 The dumpster was located not too far out from the apartment where they located them (PS & DB).

11:25 They had been going through about 12 tons of trash collected in and around the area for several days.

11:40 The dumpster was taken to the landfill.

My takeaway was LE had some idea early on she was no longer alive IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member