Found Deceased AL- Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m curious about the tshirt he’s wearing. Trying to decipher and this is what I get:

Line 1. We set forth to
Line 2. conquer
Line 3. what...
Line 4. So give (in? to?)
Line 5. only the strong
Line 6. survive

of course I could be completely off base. Not able to find any quotes or song lyrics. FWIW.

I hate that my mind has jumped to awful scenarios. It’s jumped to the worst.

Trying to come up with some positive scenarios in my head.
<waving> Hi Margarita!

I'm still reading the thread but it seems like kids 7+ years are more "typical" targets for predators. I'm still looking for info/profiles/statistics which explains whether the age is preference or opportunity.

Here's one great resource page from NCMEC. I can't directly link to the PDFs - they automatically download to my pc. The first two articles - Analysis of Attempted Abduction Trends and A 10-Year Analysis of Attempted Abductions and Related Incidents are worth reading. From the second PDF:

Overall, hands-on force was the most common specific method that offenders used against children. However, offenders primarily used forceful methods against the youngest and oldest children while verbal ploys were the primary approach used against elementary and middle school-age children.
Of the 9,872 children:
• 67 percent were female and 21 percent were male (for 12 percent of children, gender was unknown).
• Overall, children had an average age of 11 yrs old, although male children had a significantly younger average age (10yrs) compared to female children (12yrs).
• The vast majority of children were of school-age (70 percent) - either elementary (6-10yrs) middle (11-13yrs) or high school-age (14-18yrs).
Only six percent of children were before school age (0-5yrs) (For 24 percent of children, age was unknown).

I couldn't cut/paste the section on offenders but highlights included:
- 96% were male, 3% were female, 1% unknown.
- Average age was ~35, 36.
- Children were most victimized by males working alone (87%).
- 7% by pairs of males.
- In both cases older children were targeted more than before school age children.
- Females were more likely to go after younger kids.
- Females targeting infants and toddlers more likely acted alone.
- Females targeting school age kids were equally likely to act alone or with a male partner
For the youngest children that were before school age, in addition to force, other common offender methods included directing or demanding the child to come with them (13 percent); engaging in conversation with the child or their parent (eight percent); impersonating someone, such as a trusted family friend/acquaintance, medical professional/patient, social worker or police officer and; (seven percent) breaking and entering into their residence, most commonly at night between 6pm-6am (six percent).
NCMEC Data

Interestingly, the candy ploy was more frequently used on elementary school children than younger and older ones. Much more info at the link.
Some recent cases in the news:
Minnesota - possibly a teenager attempting to lure with candy. No ages given for the kids.
Brooklyn New York - 4 men have been attempting to lure kids into their SUV with candy. The kids they've approached so far were 10, 11 and 12 years old.
Indiana woman is in custody after trying to lure some kids, including a 3 year old. However, her main target appeared to be a couple of older kids - 7 and 9.
Lehigh Acres Florida - single man, no ages given for the kids.

Interesting article on the different ways potential abductors use to lure children:
Child Lures

Thank you. Great reference.

From above:

“Only six percent of children were before school age (0-5yrs) (For 24 percent of children, age was unknown).”

Hopefully the Amber Alert was sent to targeted and specific areas - I still can never determine how/where they are sent. I recently moved from the Tennessee Valley so am not sure if the Huntsville Metro got the alert or not.

Chattanooga as you know is not a "straight shot" from Birmingham, so I'm hoping that LE sent it to you all for a reason.

A day or so after she went missing, I did get the Amber Alert for the missing teen/teacher a while back from below Nashville. We later found out that it was sent to our area due to cellphone tracking and they had definitely driven down I-65 and probably within 10 miles of me. Hopefully everyone in Chattanooga is on the lookout tonight.

Actually, Chattanooga is a "straight shot" from Birmingham. It is straight up I-59, a little over two hours away.

I also wanted to mention that I live in a suburb of Birmingham, and they have been scrolling the amber alert on all the local tv stations today, through all the NFL games, etc. You would have to be living under a rock to live in this area and not be aware of Cupcake's abduction. I am hopeful that they will solve this quickly, given the widespread dissemination of information and how clear the photos of the male suspect and the car are.

I have to believe these store images were taken yesterday prior to the kidnapping.

It's almost impossible to conceive of them being from today.

Would this guy really be so stupid as to pull into a gas station driving the same vehicle he had used in the abduction, walk into the store (where everyone knows there are always surveillance cameras inside), and then wave his arms around as if to announce to the world, "Here I am!"

If so, this creep would give Patrick Frazee a run for his money in the Olympic Moronathon, the fact that there's not an Olympic Moronathon, notwithstanding.

JMO.
I agree. I doubt they were from today. MOO

Oh my stars! :p

Ashley Gooden on Twitter
If you just got another #AmberAlert on your phone and still haven’t been able to put a face to it, here’s 3 year-old Kamille McKinney. Her dad provided these pictures and is begging and pleading that someone come forward to Birmingham Police with any information. @abc3340

EGzRa2fX4AUednw.jpg
EGzRa2hWsAAcYAq.jpg

9:12 PM - 13 Oct 2019

Actually, Chattanooga is a "straight shot" from Birmingham. It is straight up I-59, a little over two hours away.

I also wanted to mention that I live in a suburb of Birmingham, and they have been scrolling the amber alert on all the local tv stations today, through all the NFL games, etc. You would have to be living under a rock to live in this area and not be aware of Cupcake's abduction. I am hopeful that they will solve this quickly, given the widespread dissemination of information and how clear the photos of the male suspect and the car are.
That is amazing how they are keeping the Amber Alert going all day.

Mind is going to all kinds of CRAZY scenarios.

Here’s one for example, definitely out of the box:

They have killed their own child so now they need a replacement to act as that child so people don’t ask questions.

Crazy I know.

Last edited:

Ashley Gooden on Twitter
If you just got another #AmberAlert on your phone and still haven’t been able to put a face to it, here’s 3 year-old Kamille McKinney. Her dad provided these pictures and is begging and pleading that someone come forward to Birmingham Police with any information. @abc3340

EGzRa2fX4AUednw.jpg
EGzRa2hWsAAcYAq.jpg

She is precious! Please please please if you see something say something! She must come home safe!

She is precious! Please please please if you see something say something! She must come home safe!

I’m hoping this man is not a perv or a killer and just wanted to make his partner happy bc she wanted a child and that nobody will hurt her. That they are gentle loving beings. That their crimes stop at kidnapping.

I’m hoping this man is not a perv or a killer and just wanted to make his partner happy bc she wanted a child and that nobody will hurt her. That they are gentle loving beings. That their crimes stop at kidnapping.
Gentle loving beings presumably don't go around kidnapping children. But I guess with a couple it's possible they wanted a child to raise, so one can hope the child will be found alive.

Ashley Gooden on Twitter

EGzRa2fX4AUednw.jpg
EGzRa2hWsAAcYAq.jpg

Personality Plus!!!

She's absolutely adorable.

Praying she's found safe and sound and soon.

JMO.

If you put dads name in fb search there are some very interesting comments on a post by JS look at the photos..moo
I only saw one post by a JS- that could be interpreted two ways- it looks like they might be encouraging the friend to share the link, too. I'd rather it be the first thought that went through my mind!

I always forget about 59. I would always do Hwy 72 across from Huntsville.

What's your opinion of the tag? I have an Alabama tag and my thinking was Tennessee plates.

CBS 42 on Twitter
Birmingham City Council President Pro-Tem William Parker releases statement on the kidnapping of Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney
EGzKPnGWkAEg5Aw.png

8:41 PM - 13 Oct 2019

‘If anybody sees ‘Cupcake,’ just call her by her name’: 3-year-old girl kidnapped from Tom Brown Village
UPDATE – Oct. 13, 2019 – 6:45 P.M. – Birmingham Police department released new photos of the possible suspect involved in the kidnapping. See photos below.
Suspect-1.png
Suspect-2.png
Suspect-3.png

President Pro-Tem of the Birmingham City Council, Williams Parker, released a statement on the search for “Cupcake” McKinney.

“My thoughts and prayers are with the family of Kamille “ Cupcake” McKinney. The North Avondale Community is coming together to help get the 3 year old home safely. On behalf of the Birmingham City Council we are encouraging anyone with information about the kidnapping to contact police immediately.”

WILLIAM PARKER, PRESIDENT PRO-TEM/BIRMINGHAM CITY COUNCIL

Does he have a space between his teeth? Are they possibly “buckish”? I’m not great in the visual analysis dept. so apologies if my blind arse is seeing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018