Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding landfill near Warrior to maps.

Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney: Timeline of a Birmingham tragedy
...a Santek dumpster that had been parked near the Center Point apartment complex where Stallworth was initially arrested. The dumpster had been transported to a landfill near Warrior, where Birmingham police and FBI agents recovered Kamille’s body.

MAPS - Updated October 22

1) Tom Brown Village, 4165 5th Ct N, Birmingham, AL 35222, a public housing community off of Messer-Airport Highway (Avondale)
2) Shell Station, 4012 Airport Hwy, Birmingham, AL 35222 Google Maps

3) Woodside Condominiums, 30 Shadowood Cir, Birmingham, AL 35215 (Center Point) Google Maps

4) Parkway Villa, 132 14th Ave NE, Birmingham, AL 35215 (Center Point) Google Maps

5) Marland Apartments, 2727 E Jefferson Ave SW, Birmingham, AL 35211
Google Maps

6) All of the above Google Maps

7) Grid Search Huffman Rd/Springville Rd/Huffman HS, Google Maps

8) Blount County Landfill near Warrior AL خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏‬‏‏

Not sure about "Blount County Landfill:"

The remains were recovered inside of a landfill in Jefferson County, where law enforcement had been going through 12 tons of garbage in the surrounding area over the last few days.

“We found the remains of a child that we believe to be Kamille,” Smith said.

Birmingham PD: Body of Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney believed to have been found dumpster, recovered in landfill

Turkey Hill Landfill - Jefferson County -- about 11 miles from Warrior .

https://www.google.com/maps/vt/data...fVyzLcOGSYdGbMnZ3tzsbNKZg?scale=1&h=200&w=630

Santek landfill results for zip code search

Find a Facility Near You | Santek

I’m not sure I want to ask this but I’m going to.

Is it normal for them to say her “remains” have been found, vs her “body”? The only other case I’ve followed similarly was ML and there was a reason they said remains.
I wouldn’t read too much into it. Odds are she was put into the dumpster intact, and was subject to a degree of decomposition.

She was small, and there wouldn’t have been a need to take additional measures.

I’m reminded of chief mentioning earlier that PS had reason to be in the area at the first arrest? I’m paraphrasing but isn’t that right? We wondered if he worked nearby? I wonder if that is the case and how he may have noticed unattended kids?

I think it's very much possible. They probably targeted this Village Complex after they'd previously seen children playing outside with limited supervision.

Also, their were reports that followed the abduction about suspicious couple offering candy to children. Not sure if this was also from TBV or another location.

Or even trafficking for hire, then panicked with all of the coverage?

Something doesn't add up, and I'm guessing we will know much more in the coming days.
Yeah, I am sitting on my hands for the time being.

I feel there's more to this story than even what LE knows. Before, they were busy investigating leads, searching through apartments (how we all wish she was found safe that day!), searching through trash, etc.

More will come out in the days ahead. Still lots of unanswered questions swirling through my mind.

I blame the "adult material industry" machine myself for these perverts. Escalating behavior.

Of course anything is possible; but if so, where are those youngsters' Amber Alerts?

I think "reports of people trying to lure more than one child with candy" is bad enough behavior to warrant calling in the FBI.

I also disagree with the theory that limiting fun and natural social interactions between groups of children learning to navigate group social dynamics on their own by leaving some adult constantly hovering in the background, is the best answer (some of my best and also worst times as a shy child, centered around "playing with the neighborhood children"); but I suppose it's less complicated to control children, than it is trying to inhibit the adult perverts one iota.

How are we suppose to inhibit child predators?

We don't even know who they are, until After they have committed a crime.

I too played outside, all day when I was a small child, with very little supervision. Albeit, I was a few years older than three.

However, 'we are Not in Kansas anymore, Toto'.

Thousands upon thousands of child predators are out there.

It is imperative that we teach our children, even as young as 3, to be wary of certain people and situations.

It is also as imperative that we watch our children closely.

No one is saying that we need to sit on top of our children, but we must as a society protect our children at all costs.

There is no reason that we cannot take a small child to the playground And watch them closely from the 'Mom' benches.

What we need to work on is both teaching and watching the children.

We do not know the situation of the person supervising KM at the time of her abduction.

It is possible that a third child was in the mix and that child was taken in, to quickly change a diaper, leaving KM and her friend outside alone for 60 seconds.

Unfortunately, in this case, someone took advantage of a momentary lapse in supervision.

I am in no way blaming the adults in this situation.

For Years, this family will be second guessing themselves and asking, What If.

They do Not need to hear that from me or anyone else.

This just opens the dialogue as to what everyone of us can do better, to protect the children.

Is there room for improvement? Absolutely.

What we can all take from this case is that it can happen to Anybody and we Must take steps to protect our children at all costs.

If that means Never letting my 3 year old grandchild out of my sight And teaching her about 'bad people', then that is Exactly what I will do.

IMO.

Last edited:
I’m not sure I want to ask this but I’m going to.

Is it normal for them to say her “remains” have been found, vs her “body”? The only other case I’ve followed similarly was ML and there was a reason they said remains.

When a search and rescue mission is changed to recovery (deceased), not unusual to see "remains recovered."

IMO, "body recovered" often reserved for more immediate death (not advanced decomposition). MOO

Rest peacefully, Cupcake.

g35021.gif
Beautiful! This brought tears to my eyes again.

I’m reminded of chief mentioning earlier that PS had reason to be in the area at the first arrest? I’m paraphrasing but isn’t that right? We wondered if he worked nearby? I wonder if that is the case and how he may have noticed unattended kids?

I believe PS/D "first arrests" were near their apartment or Woodside Condo's, Center Point. This was about 9 miles from TBV or abduction site.

It's still possible that PS worked near TBV.

I think the police knew very quickly that these two drove right back to the area of their apartment and stayed there for at least a few hours. Even if they had to pour through hours and hours of CCTV to establish that. Then the police were on top of it and got that area's dumpsters isolated and got a team working on them.

Poor little KM was likely concealed in a bag or something, not entirely visible. And likely not in their apartment building's dumpster ... but one very close by. imo

I think the police knew very quickly that these two drove right back to the area of their apartment and stayed there for at least a few hours. Even if they had to pour through hours and hours of CCTV to establish that. Then the police were on top of it and got that area's dumpsters isolated and got a team working on them.

Poor little KM was likely concealed in a bag or something, not entirely visible. And likely not in their apartment building's dumpster ... but one very close by. imo
Agreed. I also think that these two aren’t very bright, and their cell phones were on during all of this.

Law enforcement should have a solid idea of their movements that night.

I will never understand how anyone can choose to harm a child.
I believe this was for sexual gratification. How can that possibly be worth the life of a child?
I just don't get it! :mad::mad::mad:
Moral relativism;
when people are taught that right and wrong are subjective to the will of the individual, society breaks down, and lawlessness rages like a flooded river.

Remains of child, believed to be “Cupcake” McKinney located in dumpster
During a Tuesday night news conference, Birmingham police and FBI agents reveled they found the remains in a dumpster on Monday night.
Honestly, that isn't a bad thing, if true. It gives Cupcake's family a chance to absorb this painful news without media or the public coming at them- well intended or not. This is a devastating blow for all who loved her. It would be a kindness if LE did wait a day to give them time alone with their loved ones and friends. This is a child who was kidnapped and murdered. The world has been watching, hoping and praying for a positive outcome. At the end of the day, we get to turn off our computers and phones and go to bed, a luxury that has not doubt not been theirs since Cupcake went missing. So, if this is true, then I praise them for doing this, for the family. If it was a misprint, well, what can we say, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx