Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other countries successfully use chemical castration and have minimal recidivism rates. I don’t know why we don’t use it here.

Maybe it’s the name, people don’t understand it’s not physical castration? It’s taking pills to eliminate a sexual drive, and it’s not permanent.
While this sounds better than simply monitoring their where abouts, how do we know these offenders would be taking their pills? Who would have oversight of such a thing here in the states? MOO

After reading the cousin's statements that they have the wrong person, and after reading the Facebook postings, which are beyond disgusting, I have come to the conclusion that the cousin has a personal grudge with the father and his current baby mamma. I had hoped that she knew something that would help LE, but I now think she was motivated by misguided loyalty to KM's mom, and vengeance toward KM's cheating father.

Brown has confessed that Stallworth was involved in Kamille's murder. Focus on her statement. This is what we know at this time, and we will hopefully hear if she is telling the truth and if other people were involved. But I think we can assume that poor, no record, nice guy Stallworth involved in this.

Maybe I’ve missed it, but this is the first I’ve heard definitively that she was killed the same day she was taken.
I thought I read that before today but I don't have time right now to look through the media thread, so JMO. MOO
I finally had a chance to take a look at the media thread. There may be more, but I stopped with this as it's getting late. MOO

Ivana Hrynkiw Shatara on Twitter
Warrants also say she died October 12- that’s the same day she went missing from Tom Brown Village
11:54 AM · Oct 25, 2019

The arrest warrants are included in this article:

OCT 25, 2019
Court records show 3-year-old Kamille died from asphyxiation

charging doc KM.jpg charging doc 2 KM.jpg

Maybe I’ve missed it, but this is the first I’ve heard definitively that she was killed the same day she was taken.

Same here.

This was revealed when they revealed COD.

“Jefferson County Circuit Judge Clyde Jones read both Stallworth and Brown’s capital murder warrants on Friday morning at their initial court appearance. The warrants state Kamille died by asphyxiation by suffocation on Oct. 12-- the same day she went missing.”

Kamille 'Cupcake’ McKinney’s funeral set for Sunday; warrants reveal how she died
Updated Oct 26, 2019;
Oct 25, 2019

I think the timing of DB’s statement would be very telling. Was it before or after LE found Cupcake? I wish we could know exactly what was said & when. MOO
Listening to PS defense attorney Collins this morning, it sounded like she made the statement just prior to the hearing Monday, or else he just heard it today. MOO

The date of death is actually more of a technical issue in cases of abduction, kidnapping and murder because the date and time of death is determined not by the criminal investigators but by the medical examiner or the coroner.

In other words, I believe KM's date of death as Oct 12, 2019 is a presumed or default date rather than the true, actual date of death.

The CDC ME & Coroner's Handbook on Death Registration gives some guidance that appears to be followed by most if not all jurisdictions that I'm aware of.

When a Coroner is unable to witness and pronounce the date of death, or determine the exact date due to delayed recovery of body, decomposition, etc., then the coroner shall use the last date the decedent was verified alive as the date of death, and hour of death is 2400 hours.

Most recently, I recall the abductions and murders of both of Hania Aguilar and Mollie Tibbetts each had default or presumed dates of death at 2400 hours written on their death certificates-- same as KM.

MOO

“I’m gonna say, yes, he did tell me that he’s innocent.” -Derrick Collins, attorney for Patrick Stallworth when I asked if his client is innocent. #CupCake@WBRCnews⁩ ⁦@WBRCgooddaypic.twitter.com/qh3Dpjw7oS

— Bakari Savage (@BakariSavage) November 4, 2019

Suspects in murder of Kamille McKinney make second court appearance

I wonder how long it will be before Stallworth makes a statement against Brown.

Could be their best defense. Turn on each other and hope that puts reasonable doubt into a jury's minds.

Listening to PS defense attorney Collins this morning, it sounded like she made the statement just prior to the hearing Monday, or else he just heard it today. MOO
Thank you Seattle1. What an absolute piece of garbage...trying to save herself instead of saving KM:mad:MOO

I wonder how long it will be before Stallworth makes a statement against Brown.

Could be their best defense. Turn on each other and hope that puts reasonable doubt into a jury's minds.
ITA I hope it fails....so they both crash & burn. Even if there are others involved, had these two not kidnapped KM, she’d still be here. MOO

NOV 5, 2019 - 2 minute video interview (new) with PS's attorney
Finding an unbiased jury challenge for Kamille McKinney's accused murderers

Summary:

PS's attorney says he thinks the case will remain in Jefferson County because "it's a statewide issue." He thinks that every juror is going to be about the same as far as knowledge of the case.

He says if the child *advertiser censored* charges are introduced at trial it influences the jury's verdict and it could be very detrimental to PS's case if he and DB are tried together.

When asked about a bench trial, he says that would be one of the worst things that could happen, that you want independent and detached people who are not involved in the system like judges are.

PS and DB will be back in court next month for a preliminary hearing and DB's attorney requested those hearings be separated.

Elijah Baker on Twitter (Video)
An online petition is calling for 24/7 camera surveillance in apartment complexes to be federal law. The petition would be named in respect of 3-year-old Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney, who was abducted from a public housing complex in Birmingham. @whnt
9:46 AM - 5 Nov 2019

(Video about the benefits of surveillance cameras in assisting with LE investigations)

NOV 5, 2019
Gag order issued in Kamille McKinney trial
A Jefferson County judge has issued a gag order in the capital murder cases against two suspects accused in the murder of 3-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney.

Circuit Judge Clyde Jones issued the order Tuesday morning, citing pretrial publicity of Kamille’s disappearance and subsequent murder and the arrests of 39-year-old Patrick Stallworth and 29-year-old Derick Irisha Brown.

The order, Jones wrote, is to ensure a fair and impartial trial. It prevents the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office and defense attorneys for Stallworth and Brown, from making further statements about the case.

[...]

NOV 5, 2019
UPDATE: Gag Order issued Suspects in murder of Kamille McKinney make second court appearance
Jefferson County Circuit Judge Clyde Jones has issued a Gag Order in the capital murder case involving Kamille “Cupcake" McKinney.

The Gag Order reads:

After consideration of the recent amount of pretrial publicity in the above-matter, the Court hereby finds it necessary to ensure a fair and impartial trial for both parties to enter a Gag Order which hereby prohibits any member of the District Attorney’s Office or Counsels for the Defendants from making further extrajudicial statements concerning any and all matters pertaining to the above-styled case. Any violation of the above will immediately result in sanctions being imposed against the offending party.

[...]

Kamille McKinney: Gag order issued in capital murder cases
[...]

Stallworth and Brown are being tried separately, but the order applies to counsels for both parties and members of the District Attorney's Office.

Read the entire statement below.

gag-order-1572978146.png

Oh, I think there will be some news. Especially after the next court appearance. It just won't be coming from the attorney's li .. ke the interviews we saw yesterday. MOO

We have a permanent gag order in Australia (the UK has it as well) called sub judice. Where no-one can speak of the perp's involvement with the crime or any previous crime from the moment a perp is arrested until they go to trial.

If the media speak of the crime during the sub judice period they have to say 'a 39 year old man who was charged ...' 'a 29 year old woman who was charged ....'

As soon as the committal (pre-trial) hearing commences, the media can start openly reporting about what was said in the committal hearing, and then they can report openly on the trial. Unless specific info is suppressed by the judge during the hearings, of course.

Once the trial is over we hear everything (except suppressed info) ... including their previous crimes.

Frustrating, but it is supposed to make for a fairer trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487