Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

watched it too. He looked so unbothered. Disgusting animal
Animals are far better imo, it bothers me a little when waste like this are called animals, not a dig at you abstract, I've called them animals myself. But animals kill to survive, he killed for pleasure and there isn't a word in the world bad enough for what "he" is MOO

Was it confirmed that the other little girl from the video that night was Kamille's cousin? If so, the relationship between the mothers is possibly awkward, strained, or ruined now too.

That's also sad.
Such a shame but understandable I suppose, how do you ever get past the fact they took your child and left the other?

Was this in Cupcake’s neighborhood or at TBV?

The video of the kids was in TBV. But my understanding is that Cupcake lived in Avondale and TBV is in the same neighborhood/considered part of the Avondale neighborhood. So it's technically her neighborhood even though she didn't live in TBV. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

I'll never understand people who abduct and kill children. Even if the ultimate goal was sexually motivated (sex trafficking, child *advertiser censored*, etc) these people KNEW the amount of law enforcement that would get involved because they both had priors that were similar to this. They knew the amount of heat that would be on them if they abducted a child, and they still did it. I know that they had to realize that there was a slim to zero chance they were going to get away with their ultimate goal. Instead of leaving the child at a hospital or somewhere safe they decided to kill her?! It's just so sad and so unnecessary. These two people were fools.
Does anyone know if capital murder is different than just homicide or murder in the first degree?

<modsnip>

Capital murder is premeditated with another crime linked to it (kidnapping, rape, burglary).

Last edited by a moderator:
The video of the kids was in TBV. But my understanding is that Cupcake lived in Avondale and TBV is in the same neighborhood/considered part of the Avondale neighborhood. So it's technically her neighborhood even though she didn't live in TBV. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Based on what the father said she lived in “south” Avondale. It’s quite different from “north” Avondale. Kind of like “the other side of the tracks” type comparison. Geographically close but demographically slightly different.

Click on the link at the bottom of article, takes you to funraiser. I quoted part of it. They've raised 12k already. Its NOT even for funeral cost!!!
No wonder these folks don't trust the City!!! Crooks all of them, IMOO.

Arrangements announced for Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney’s funeral

“The funeral will take place Sunday, Oct. 27, 2019, at New Beginnings Christian Ministry. The church is located at 501 Mountain Drive in Birmingham, 35206. The funeral will start at 1 p.m.

After the funeral, Kamille will be buried at Elmwood Cemetary (600 Martin Luther King Drive in Birmingham, 35211).”

ETA: I see @PommyMommy already posted this

Last edited:
Whew...I thought you were talking about the Crimestoppers fund. This site you linked is a different site. It says it will go to “support for memorial service”. Kind of loosely worded but it’s thankfully not the crimestoppers memorial fund. Hopefully it pays for ALL of the memorial and funeral costs.

From that site
———————————————————————————————————————————————————
“Join a coalition of Birmingham residents, in partnership with the City of Birmingham, in providing support for Memorial Service Activities for Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney. Funds raised above the goal will be distributed to Birmingham area nonprofits serving high risk and vulnerable populations impacted by human trafficking, mental and physical abuse, and violence against children.”

I think the word activities is not a service. Why is the City of Birmingham involving? To reap the benefit.

I was going to give until I read how the money was used. If anyone sees a legitimate fundraiser for the family please let me know I would love to give money to the mother.

When my niece died, her mom had to work. Six months later mom had a breakdown. I'be had several friends try to work after losing a child, its torture and some were fired for not being able to keep focused or poor attendance.

MOO...

MOD - asphyxiation TOD 10/12/19
It was a recovery mission from the start unfortunately

This has been confirmed?

“According to court documents, little Kamille died on Oct. 12 of asphyxiation.”

•I suspected that as a possibility and mentioned this previously specifically because sometimes asphyxiation can occur during the sexual assault itself. Due to the victim’s small size and the heavy weight of the perpetrator, this is not an uncommon COD in situations like this. There are other specific ways this can occur as well during a SA which I won’t go into. I wonder if this was the case or if it was a specific separate act afterwards.

Last edited:
Based on what the father said she lived in “south” Avondale. It’s quite different from “north” Avondale. Kind of like “the other side of the tracks” type comparison. Geographically close but demographically slightly different.

Thank you. Local knowledge is always helpful. I figured she lived in a slightly nicer part of the same neighborhood. Perhaps Cupcake was often left with the cousin/aunt at TBV so the mom could go to work? MOO.

I think the word activities is not a service. Why is the City of Birmingham involving? To reap the benefit.

I was going to give until I read how the money was used. If anyone sees a legitimate fundraiser for the family please let me know I would love to give money to the mother.

When my niece died, her mom had to work. Six months later mom had a breakdown. I'be had several friends try to work after losing a child, its torture and some were fired for not being able to keep focused or poor attendance.

MOO...

Funerals have changed a lot in recent years, in my area, for children. It isn't unusual for the reception afterwards to include (this from a recent one) activities the deceased enjoyed. Dress up stations, slime station, ice cream sundaes, etc. It's a celebration of life.

Apparently PS will be providing his own counsel - not court appointed.
He claimed at the the arraignment to "not understand why he was being charged with the girls murder."

Hopefully this same judge stays on through all proceedings. He’s hard core. He lets jurors ask witnesses questions and has previously sentenced a convicted killer to death when the jury recommended life W/O parole.

“According to court documents, little Kamille died on Oct. 12 of asphyxiation.”

•I suspected that as a possibility, moo. because sometime this can occur even during the sexual assault itself.

It seems wrong to like this post, but...

I'm relieved they did not torture her for days. My heart breaks for this mom and her little brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member