AL AL - Lisa Altimari-Wallace, 35, Eufaula, 27 Oct 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am in SE AL a couple of hours from Eufala. I can tell you I have heard nothing about this case until I came across it here, just now.

It sounds to me like a cover up by LE and my hinky meter was alarming from the start. I think the area where the husband got stuck needs to be searched. If he harmed her and was trying to dispose of her, then that could be why he was stuck.

Forgive me if I am rehashing things already brought out but I just had to skip over here from page 5!

Other news sources might be WTVY (CBS) out of Dothan and WDHN (ABC out of Dothan, ANd WDFX(Fox) Also out of Dothan. Also The Dothan Eagle(such as it is) newspaper.

I would also contact Rickey Stokes News. Now RS is not "official" media but he has a newsblog online and he's as accurate and up to date(IMHO more so)than the other media outlets I listed.

Rickey has butted heads with Barber COunty(Eufala) LE and wrote all about how he feels they are a bunch of good ol boys covering for each others corruption. I would definitely contact him and tell him of the mother's problems with LE refusing to help. It can't hurt to try.

Hi Trigger! As always, you all amaze me.. I will send out emails too.

Hi Trigger! As always, you all amaze me.. I will send out emails too.

I feel so helpless on this one...I am also sending out emails and reposting the missing flyer again to the news stations...Unfortunately, they get put in the long list of post so easy to miss. I have reposted them several times..Will do it again tonight. I keep googling her name to see if someone has picked it up.

This is completely OT....but my 18 almost 19 year old son is home in Georgia this weekend from college (FSU)..He went to the HS track last night (less than a 1/2 mile) to run the track at 10:30. At 12:30 his brother texted him to see what he was doing....still running...at 2 am he still had not returned my husband woke me up and I went into full panic when he would not answer his phone...my husband drove up to the school he was of course perfectly fine sitting and taking to one of his girl friends from HS that "just happened" tp show up at 12:30 ....I say ALL of that to say...if one of my children or grandchidren is ever missing no matter what age....LORD HELP LE if they ignore me. I had my poor son dead and buried in that span of 15 minutes. I cannot imagine how parents deal with having to wait the obligatory amount of time with an adut child. The fact that Lisa's mother is getting NO help is unimaginable....I am sure I would be in jail or mental institution. Sorry to go off on a tangent...

Email advice I just received from a Huntsville, Alabama reporter:

"Most stations won’t air a missing persons story until the police/sheriff’s department sends out a press release. Make sure the investigator does this!"

RTMom - Has anyone contacted the sheriff's department?

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I learned tonight from Lisa's Mom that it has been turned over to the State Police. Maybe that is a step in the right direction :please:

Could it be that someone has to go to the police station in person to register a missing person's report ... and that no one (other than the husband and his family) has been able to do that yet?

Lisa's Mom has filed a missing person's report

Im glad the State is handling the case now.

Hopefully her family gets some answers now.

I just can't wrap my head around the apparent lack of interest and dedication from LE. As far as I understand it, so many things haven't added up from the beginning. Someone needs to find that poor woman.

As some have said, the absolute only way I could see her leaving "voluntarily" is that she had a bad after-effect from her recent surgery. Then again, adding up the leaving without her baby, the separation, "packing" strange things, not using credit cards or phone, not informing her boss, not being there in the morning when her boss tried to pick her up when her husband said she didn't leave until after 1pm... it just doesn't look so good for her I'm afraid.

Her husband's whereabouts and cell phone records need to be confirmed. If his car was indeed stuck in a ditch, there should be witnesses who can confirm it.

Also, if he left a little after 8am to go get the car back, why didn't he get back until 1pm?

It can't be that the whole world, or at least everyone who has read about this case, can see how hinky this all is, and LE somehow can't just because they are told whatever they are told.

All JMO.

As frustrated as we are trying to get an official investigation off the ground, my heart breaks for Lisa's mother. Imagine how she feels not getting cooperation from law enforcement & dread of learning what happened to her daughter .And finding blood at her home is certainly even more discouraging.

Thanks for being our liason, RollTide. You are caught in the middle here, but everyone wants to know the latest & some of us are hoping to be able to participate in searches.

Lisa, help IS coming to find you.

I just can't wrap my head around the apparent lack of interest and dedication from LE. As far as I understand it, so many things haven't added up from the beginning. Someone needs to find that poor woman.

As some have said, the absolute only way I could see her leaving "voluntarily" is that she had a bad after-effect from her recent surgery. Then again, adding up the leaving without her baby, the separation, "packing" strange things, not using credit cards or phone, not informing her boss, not being there in the morning when her boss tried to pick her up when her husband said she didn't leave until after 1pm... it just doesn't look so good for her I'm afraid.

Her husband's whereabouts and cell phone records need to be confirmed. If his car was indeed stuck in a ditch, there should be witnesses who can confirm it.

Also, if he left a little after 8am to go get the car back, why didn't he get back until 1pm?

It can't be that the whole world, or at least everyone who has read about this case, can see how hinky this all is, and LE somehow can't just because they are told whatever they are told.

All JMO.

Everything the husband has said is suspect, IMO. I think the 5 hours he was supposedly away from the house is when whatever happened to Lisa occurred, and he knew he needed to come up with an alibi. So, he gave the story of his truck being stuck. The time frame may been even longer, but her boss came to pick her up around 8am and nobody answered the door, so the husband claims that's around the time he left to get his truck. I wonder what his story would have been had her boss not come to the house.

All JMO.

There is just SO MUCH there for LE to check out that should prove whether or not she disappeared on her own, or he harmed her. That is what makes me think cover up. Because if LE has a valid reason why they believe there should be no investigation they need to share it with her mother to ease her worries. Even if they have a reason, their lack of communication with the family also reeks of them playing the "good 'ol boy" game.

The only reason I can think of that they refuse to work with the mom would be if she has really misbehaved with them, yet that doesn't even float because even if she did(Which I don't believe at this point),they should STILL be investigating the dissappearance!

Thank you rolltidemom for the update.

I had a feeling that the truck being stuck was a lie to account for why he wasn't there when Lisa's coworker came to pick her up. Do you know when he supposedly dropped the baby off at his mom's or if he ever did?

I hope the state police will move quickly now. Way too much time has passed since Lisa disappeared and if blood was found, one would think the police now have more than enough reason to investigate her disappearance.

He supposedly took the baby to his Mom at 1:00 pm when he came back home from getting the truck out of the ditch. He showed Lisas Mom the place he claims to have been stuck and she said there were no tracks, not even a blade of grass that looked touched.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

He supposedly took the baby to his Mom at 1:00 pm when he came back home from getting the truck out of the ditch. He showed Lisas Mom the place he claims to be stuck and she said there were no tracks, not even a blade of grass that looked touched.

Do you know if his mom has confirmed that he dropped the baby off at 1?

As frustrated as we are trying to get an official investigation off the ground, my heart breaks for Lisa's mother. Imagine how she feels not getting cooperation from law enforcement & dread of learning what happened to her daughter .And finding blood at her home is certainly even more discouraging.

Thanks for being our liason, RollTide. You are caught in the middle here, but everyone wants to know the latest & some of us are hoping to be able to participate in searches.

Lisa, help IS coming to find you.

One Of Lisas friends said she and a group were going to start a search today (on their own because LE is not involved) They are searching the area between yes bar and their house. She said she was searching all dirt roads and woods. Pray it is a successful search. If I hear of any other searches I will post them.

One Of Lisas friends said she and a group were going to start a search today (on their own because LE is not involved) They are searching the area between yes bar and their house. She said she was searching all dirt roads and woods. Pray it is a successful search. If I hear of any other searches I will post them.

This makes me so angry. It is flat-out WRONG that family and friends have to conduct their own searches for a missing loved one!!! What if they come upon her body?? How traumatic!! Let alone that the average person doesn't know how to secure a possible crime scene/site of disposal to preserve evidence. Lay people traipsing through what may be a crime scene can do so much harm to a trial down the road, even if they have the best of intentions. :banghead:

This LE agency has me fuming.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/wtvmnewsleader9

FINALLY! I think WS can take credit for this!Not much but something! They basically took the missing poster that we have been sending them and made it their on link so it will at least stay on their page and not get lost in the long list of posts....hopefully, some comments will start coming in.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/wtvmnewsleader9

FINALLY! I think WS can take credit for this!Not much but something! They basically took the missing poster that we have been sending them and made it their on link so it will at least stay on their page and not get lost in the long list of posts....hopefully, some comments will start coming in.

:great::great::great:

Thanks to all those that sent posters and emails!!!

Rolltidemom,

Thank you so much for all your updates. I know your heart is hurting but for you to take time to come on here and update us is really appreciated. We want an official, thorough investigation done and we want her family to be told the truth. But most of all we want Lisa reunited with her family.

Once again, thank you!!

score

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member