AL AL - Lisa Altimari-Wallace, 35, Eufaula, 27 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seems like the information that is coming out ... like the husband having help to unstuck his truck ... favors the husband`s story. Still, it doesn`t explain why Lisa didn`t answer the door at 8 AM to go to work.

It sounds like Lisa`s mom and a couple of friends were searching on private property and the owner called police because they were trespassing. Maybe they forgot to ask for permission to be on the property ... it would be a concern for anyone if they saw strangers poking around on their private property.

Scorekeeper, thanks for the different interpretation of Lisa's statement.
She could have decided to leave & knowing she had run away before, supports that theory.

However, I cannot get past thinking about money, or how she could travel or live without money. Maybe she had squirreled away some cash or there was been another man. (I would love to pick the brains of her co-workers.) And wouldn't one of her girl-friends have known something?

Whhy wouldn't she have taken more clothing?

And, there is the suspicious behavior of hubby: she left ~ so what? ~ no problem ~ not looking ~ life goes on.

Nothing adds up. Maybe she is happily sailing the Carribean with her sugar daddy. Nope, I do not think that's what happened.

Lisa`s name is Lisa Altmeri- Emerich Wallace. If she wanted to disappear, she has a number of options in terms of aliases. It`s possible that she had a bank account in one of the other name combinations, like Lisa Altimari, or Lisa Wallace, or Lee Emerich.

<modsnip>

This is just what I`ve learned from posting here for a while, so forgive me if I`ve got some of it wrong ... Normally, posting rumor is not allowed. In this case, all we really have is rumor. We don`t have news articles because there isn`t much of an investigation ... all we have is half-information based on the concerns of a mom and close friends. I think the moderators have been very patient in terms of allowing quite a bit of rumor to be posted as we try to figure this out, but I also think that this is where the problem lies. Another rule is that no innocent, or unrelated, persons can be implilcated, or sleuthed, so if the name of the property owner was posted, that would be a problem.

People can be verified on this website, but it`s usually that they are verified as experts; for example, a lawyer. Locals can be verified as a source for on-the-spot information. It`s a bit of a fine line when a person close to the investigation shares information ... objectivity.

One thing that we`re all dealing with is the lopsided aspect of what we are learning. It took some time before we learned that Lisa has done this before, and then we only learned it through comments posted in response to an article stating that she is missing. We heard about surgery for a brain tumor, and then learned that it was a year ago (so it shouldn`t be a factor). In relation to the brain tumor, we still don`t know if it was removed and done with, or if it is a fatal tumor that cannot be removed (this makes a huge difference in terms of understanding Lisa`s mental capacity).

We want to be helpful, but we need to be objective. Ìt sounds like Lisa`s mom was upset that she was not allowed to search on private property without permission ... it`s easily solved ... if she were to put together an information sheet explaining why she wants to search private property and to guarantee that she will take responsibility for any damage to the property ... maybe that would help. It sounds like there is a police investigation, so Lisa`s mom should contact Tim Miller`s organization. They know how to do searches without running into problems with private property searches. They also know how to get a ground search moving, get the word out, organize people and work with local authorities.

I hope LE is on top of this investigation. They need to take charge. They need to tell the family why or why not they don't want searches. But as we have seen in other cases (Kortne Stouffer, ex.) they really don't have to tell us anything. We get spoiled by some great LE departments that have press conferences and keep the public informed. I can only hope that they are doing what they need to do to figure out what happened to Lisa....did she walk away or was she taken away.
It seems like we are dealing with a very emotionally charged family and I understand - their loved one is missing!!

I've asked FBM and RTM to seek status as 'verified insiders'. Hopefully, they will submit a request. They are connected to the case thru Lisa's mom. If you have insider info you should submit a request to be verified as well.

Thank you Chatty and to everyone else here. I hate to disappoint you and the others but I won't be making that request (for personal reasons).

Praying that more questions are answered publicly in the next few days.

Posting a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board&#8217;s Private Message function, or email staff if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If you would like to add youself as an expert in a certain field or as an insider to a case, please send an email to wsverify@xmission.com.

We only verify people who know the players or have been named in the media, etc. This does not include people who may befriend a player on internet social media and then wish to post about it.

If a member wants to post as a professional (a lawyer, shrink, and so on) or as a local/knows the people involved then they must email us at the following email.

wsverify@xmission.com

Please include
:

The case

Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name
Location (City and State)
In the subject line please put your user name and which case you are asking to be verified on

All info will be kept strictly confidential.

Thank you!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Rules Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Insiders
If you have not known the family or friends prior to the incident, you most likely will not be verified. There are certain instances where this becomes necessary like in the case where a private investigator is hired and wants to post as an insider. Websleuths does not condone our members getting involved in crime cases unless there is something the member can do that will make a difference. Please contact law enforcement with any tips.

Locals:
We no longer verify locals. It became way too time consuming and we didn't feel it was necessary. However, if a moderator deems that a poster seems to be more of an insider than a local, we will ask that you become verified before posting information that is not on the MSM. Otherwise, you are free to post about your area and what you've observed.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Rules Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Let`s look at this from a different angle ... we know that Lisa and her husband had an argument on Thursday evening and that there was some discussion about splitting up. Lisa posted a cryptic comment about her daughter the following morning. We know that Lisa was last seen some time between finishing work on Friday and Saturday at about noon. We also know that the husband intended to see a lawyer the following Monday to seek custody of their daughter. We also know that Lisa has two sons from two previous relationships and that she does not have custody of those children ... that they live so far away that she probably has very little contact with them.

That leaves us with a situation where a marriage is crumbling, the mom`s chance of getting custody is slim (prior history), there is no real matrimonial property (they`re renting ... info available on property search of Barbour County, Alabama), Lisa and her mom were taking a `time out`and not talking at the time that this happened (no reason given for the `time out`), there`s evidence that the husband was at the bar on Friday night until closing, that he did get stuck on the way home, that he did hire a tow truck to get his truck out of the mud the following morning, that this happened in the time frame that he provided. He claims that they got into an argument when he returned home at about 1 PM and that she left.

All of that seems plausible. If, alternatively, he got his truck stuck on the way home, and murdered his wife later that night, then he had to make her vanish after dropping his daughter off at his mom`s place ... but ... maybe he had to work that afternoon.

With the trickling-in of information, it seems that the husband`s story checks out ... sooooooooo ... was Lisa depressed? Did she have a malignant brain tumor and what was the prognosis? What did she learn after having what was most likely endoscopic surgery (going in behind the ear) two weeks prior to her disappearance ... has it spread ... did she need chemo and radiation therapy ... what was the status of that condition?

My mom had a brain tumor and she had a major personality shift while she had the tumor. We thought she was becoming senile because she talked in circles, her hand-writing became really tiny, and she had black-outs and memory loss. She was very pleasant and easy to get along with. After the tumor was removed, she was back to normal within about 4-6 months. If Lisa has a malignant brain tumor, her judgment may be impaired ... if the results from what I`m assuming was endoscopic surgery were negative, she may have decided to disappear on her own. Disappearing in the past suggests that she withdraws and disappears when she can`t cope ... making it possible that this is what she did again.

I understand that mom is worried, but I think it`s just as likely that mom wants people to look for Lisa because she took off and may need help, not necessarily because the husband did something to her.

I'm not sure I feel that the husband's story checks out (jmo/moo) but I have as much information as you do, Otto. And since we have no real MSM reporting, you may be right (only missing person report filed; no information from LE, etc... :blushing:

So, now we wait, and wait, and wait........

:please::please:

Ground search done by volunteers and property manager called police on search party. Vigil held yesterday and no one hardly showed. Lisa mom goes off on fb about search and vigil claiming to know nothing of it. I don't know crazy and now comments deleted off this page things just don't make sense

BBM

I think that`s what we`re all feeling ... things don`t make sense. The more we ask questions, the more we discover answers that support the claim that Lisa voluntarily left the property. At first, we all assumed something bad had happened because we assumed that a mother would not abandon her young daughter. Then we learn that this particular mother would abandon a young child ... so we don`t have that as a reason to assume something bad happened. Next, we hear that the husband came home late after a night in the bar, that his truck was mysteriously missing at 8 AM and that he claimed to have left it stuck in the mud. That sounded suspicious, but now we know that it was stuck in the mud and that he needed help to retrieve the truck. So, nothing suspicious there. In fact, if his truck was stuck in the mud, it makes it very difficult to believe he walked home, murdered his wife in a drunken stupor and then what ... left her somewhere on the 24 acre property? Then we hear that he has an instant, new, live-in girlfriend who is also the best friend of Lisa ... and he has a female roommate. He needs help to look after his daughter, so there`s no reason to assume the worst ... maybe they are helping him with his daughter. In fact, the more we look at this, the more the initial rumors seem to be half-facts, and the facts seem to suggest a complete absence of evidence that anything bad could have happened.

Lisa`s mom has put the spotlight on her missing daughter ... a good thing ... but then she missed the search and the vigil? How does that happen?

If Lisa did walk away, she walked away with nothing that we know of other than 4 pairs of shoes and some dresses (as per the husband related to us by friends not MSM). She may have been aware of her hubby and his girlfriend and planned her get-away by socking away money, getting a prepaid phone, making plans as to where she was going and with whom, etc. She may have played a lot of people as a fool. Guess you never really know anyone, even if you live with them...

It makes no sense that the mother did not show up to search or attend the vigil.

I think there are still a lot of unanswered questions and we may never know the answers if LE continues their silence.

If Lisa did walk away, she walked away with nothing that we know of other than 4 pairs of shoes and some dresses (as per the husband related to us by friends not MSM). She may have been aware of her hubby and his girlfriend and planned her get-away by socking away money, getting a prepaid phone, making plans as to where she was going and with whom, etc. She may have played a lot of people as a fool. Guess you never really know anyone, even if you live with them...

It makes no sense that the mother did not show up to search or attend the vigil.

I think there are still a lot of unanswered questions and we may never know the answers if LE continues their silence.

I don`t think police have much to say, so it`s not that they`re being silent, but that there`s nothing to report. A woman with a history of drug abuse, and abandoning her children, walked away from her husband and young child ... and has not contacted them since that time. It sounds like she did exactly that with two other children in NY (per comments at the bottom of one missing report). It also sounds like one husband was very worried and concerned, but people treated him as though he did something to her. Then she turned up again, only to again take off and leave her sons behind. What else is there to report? I can`t see anything in this situation that suggests anything different than what she has done twice before. What does she get out of making people worry and casting suspicion on the husband? Is that her way of lashing out at the fathers of her three children? I noticed that her mother calls her Lee, here we see her name is Lisa. She has three different last names. Why does she go by so many different names? What other names has she used over the years? Does she sometimes go by a middle name?

Regarding taking some shoes and clothes, what did she take with her last time she abandoned her family ... some shoes and clothes? How did she manage financially last time she took off? Did she have a separate bank account that no one knew of?

To be perfectly honest, I`ve wondered if this was a hoax off and on during the last week ... now I`m wondering if this is something that Lisa pulled off to lash out at her husband ... for whatever selfish reason. Does she have any history of attention getting behavior?

I am new to this site and I registered only because of this case. I know Lisa personally, since she was born and her entire family. A few things I can clear up. Lisa does have 2 sons in NY. They do have different fathers. One son, she lost custody, and One she signed her parental rights away. She had a serious drug problem at the time. And I mean SERIOUS problem. (the reason why she abandoned them, canada, etc) She was never gone for this long and she never went without contacting someone. She has been clean for a very long time now. Many years. When she had Daryn, she felt like she got a second chance on motherhood. She hurt everyday over the lose of her boys but she knew it was in their best interest at the time. Her mother and her dont have the best relationship (mother/daughter type issues) but they love each other and Im sure her mother is very worried. I do not know anything about her husband. IMO-he seems "off " Some of the Lisa wallace, Lisa Altimari, Lisa emerich-wallace and apollo emerich facebooks were set up for farmville kind of stuff. It is possible that she just walked away but hard to believe she left Daryn at this point in her life. Her family and friends are very concerned.

I don`t think police have much to say, so it`s not that they`re being silent, but that there`s nothing to report. A woman with a history of drug abuse, and abandoning her children, walked away from her husband and young child ... and has not contacted them since that time. It sounds like she did exactly that with two other children in NY (per comments at the bottom of one missing report). It also sounds like one husband was very worried and concerned, but people treated him as though he did something to her. Then she turned up again, only to again take off and leave her sons behind. What else is there to report? I can`t see anything in this situation that suggests anything different than what she has done twice before. What does she get out of making people worry and casting suspicion on the husband? Is that her way of lashing out at the fathers of her three children? I noticed that her mother calls her Lee, here we see her name is Lisa. She has three different last names. Why does she go by so many different names? What other names has she used over the years?

Regarding taking some shoes and clothes, what did she take with her last time she vanished ... some shoes and clothes?

To be perfectly honest, I`ve wondered if this was a hoax off and on during the last week ... now I`m wondering if this is something that Lisa pulled off to lash out at her husband for whatever reason.

Thanks, Otto, for the Reality Check.

I am new to this site and I registered only because of this case. I know Lisa personally, since she was born and her entire family. A few things I can clear up. Lisa does have 2 sons in NY. They do have different fathers. One son, she lost custody, and One she signed her parental rights away. She had a serious drug problem at the time. And I mean SERIOUS problem. (the reason why she abandoned them, canada, etc) She was never gone for this long and she never went without contacting someone. She has been clean for a very long time now. Many years. When she had Daryn, she felt like she got a second chance on motherhood. She hurt everyday over the lose of her boys but she knew it was in their best interest at the time. Her mother and her dont have the best relationship (mother/daughter type issues) but they love each other and Im sure her mother is very worried. I do not know anything about her husband. IMO-he seems "off " Some of the Lisa wallace, Lisa Altimari, Lisa emerich-wallace and apollo emerich facebooks were set up for farmville kind of stuff. It is possible that she just walked away but hard to believe she left Daryn at this point in her life. Her family and friends are very concerned.

Welcome to Websleuths! Thank you for sharing information, as it has been hard to come by. Hope you'll stay! Praying for Lisa's safe return.

October 26 near Eufaula, AL
"I am amazed at myself this morning. The decisions I have made, the peace I have come to simply by reminding myself of one thing....DARYN is all that matters."

The above was posted by Rolltidemom at the beginning of this thread.

What if the above statement meant -

Lisa felt comfortable in leaving her baby with her husband and her friend? Perhaps she felt they would provide the baby with everything she could not. I don't know how long the friend had been staying with Lisa and her husband but was she happy with the way her friend treated the baby? Perhaps she saw how well her husband and friend got along together.

I don't know, guess I would feel better if I knew Lisa was alive and felt comfortable walking away.....but statistically, the odds are against her, aren't they?

I am not discounting your interpretation at all, but IMO... I can't quite imagine ANY wife being content by realizing how well her best friend gets along with her husband, or how well that friend treats her child. Most women tend to be jealous of another woman around their husbands, and I don't care how much you love a friend, you don't stand by and watch a "relationship" budding between that friend and your spouse and just walk away. Not even if you don't care much for your husband right then. I might be mad as he77 at my husband sometimes but I'm not going to sit back and tell my best friend she's welcome to him.
And IMO, that friend isn't much of a friend, either, at least in my view. There are boundaries, and this friend crossed the lines, IF all this stuff is true.
But if you are right, then my apologies.

I am not discounting your interpretation at all, but IMO... I can't quite imagine ANY wife being content by realizing how well her best friend gets along with her husband, or how well that friend treats her child. Most women tend to be jealous of another woman around their husbands, and I don't care how much you love a friend, you don't stand by and watch a "relationship" budding between that friend and your spouse and just walk away. Not even if you don't care much for your husband right then. I might be mad as he77 at my husband sometimes but I'm not going to sit back and tell my best friend she's welcome to him.
And IMO, that friend isn't much of a friend, either, at least in my view. There are boundaries, and this friend crossed the lines, IF all this stuff is true.
But if you are right, then my apologies.

TxLady,

no need to apologize; I was just throwing out another view based on Lisa's post and her past behaviors....she previously walked away and perhaps she was thinking about what would be best for her child. She seems to have a possible problem with dealing with life in general. JMO....

Sometimes people revert to past behavior in times of stress, i.e. taking up bad habits, etc. It is possible this happened here. But if she did not have access to a lot of cash at home, without using a bank card, how would she be managing on her own? Sounds like overall she had a settled lifestyle in recent years, which probably included bank accounts, credit cards, etc. rather than pockets full of cash. So that is worrying. I also worry anytime a person disappears who has had arguments with people in her life.

That doesn`t make sense to me. She had one child with one father and lost custody or signed off on custody, had another child with another father and lost custody or sign off on custody, then had another child with a third father. She only got clean for the third child? ... or she got clean for the second child? How old were the children when she wandered off without telling anyone where she was going ... 2 years old? From the sounds of things, when she abandoned her family before, the father did not know that she was leaving or where she was ... just like today. If she was clean, what prevented her from having a healthy relationship with her other two children? If it bothered her to be away from them, if she cared about them, why wasn`t she living close enough so that she could maintain a relationship with them? How can it be in the best interests of a child for a mother to walk out of their lives and not look back?

I can`t see anything in the husband`s explanation that seems off. The whole idea of a drunk husband getting his truck stuck in the mud, walking home in the middle of the night, murdering his wife, going out to get his truck in the morning ... that makes no sense. He would have been taking a huge risk of someone discovering a body ... what if the room mate came home that morning, what if the work colleague came back at 9 to check on her ... so many possibilities. Why would a man get drunk and murder his wife when he had no way to hide the evidence? Why would he murder his wife and put her somewhere on in his rented property ... the owner can go there any time he wants? There`s nothing about this that suggests to me that husband did anything. In fact, the only thing that seems likely is that Lisa did what she`s done twice before and left. What happened to her after that ... who knows ... perhaps she was suicidal, perhaps the brain tumor caused abnormal thinking ... many things are possible, but blaming the husband doesn`t seem like the obvious solution.

The Most Common Drug Relapse Dangers:

1. Being in the presence of drugs or alcohol, drug or alcohol users, or places where you used or bought chemicals.

2. Feelings we perceive as negative; particularly anger, sadness, loneliness, guilt, fear, and anxiety.

3. Positive feelings that make you want to celebrate by using.

4. Boredom.

5. Getting high on any drug.

6. Physical pain.

7. Listening to others past drug use stories and just dwelling on getting high.

8. Suddenly having a lot of cash.

9. Using prescription drugs that can get you high even if you use them properly.

10. Believing that you no longer have to worry (complacent). That is, that you are no longer stimulated to crave drugs/alcohol by any of the above situations or by anything else . and therefore maybe it.s safe for you to use occasionally.

http://www.drug-rehabs.org/drug-relapse.htm

more information at site

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties