GUILTY AL - Natalie, 5, & Jonathan DeBlase, 3, beaten, poisoned, Mobile, 1 March 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
bumping this thread....

i had earlier found a link stating that the stepmother's trial was to begin this upcoming week but it is no longer a valid link and i cannot find anything now :(

any help would be appreciated..........

thank goodness the father was sentenced to death last fall/winter for the deaths of natalie (4) and chase (3).......she deserves no less imo :furious: the story is just horrific :mad:

thank you sleuthers :seeya:

eta....the step-mother's name is Heather Leavell-Keaton

bumping this thread....

i had earlier found a link stating that the stepmother's trial was to begin this upcoming week but it is no longer a valid link and i cannot find anything now :(

any help would be appreciated..........

thank goodness the father was sentenced to death last fall/winter for the deaths of natalie (4) and chase (3).......she deserves no less imo :furious: the story is just horrific :mad:

thank you sleuthers :seeya:

eta....the step-mother's name is Heather Leavell-Keaton

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/01/woman_charged_in_2010_killings.html

'The trial of Leavell-Keaton's common-law husband, John DeBlase, 31, was held last year in Mobile County. DeBlase's attorneys, citing pretrial publicity, unsuccessfully attempted to get DeBlase's trial moved out of Mobile County.'

'On Jan. 8, 2015, Mobile County Distrct Attorney Ashley Rich talked about the upcoming trial of John DeBlase co-defendant Heather Leavell-Keaton, which is set to begin on April 28.'

Oh my goodness. I remember this one. Absolutely horrendous... those poor babies. Thanks for the update!!

thank you so much nosey!! :seeya: i so appreciate it!

i'm wondering if the trial is still a go for the stepmother as i can't find a newer article and that is dated january....i do hope so, it's time to see justice for these babies!

i'll keep digging....:lookingitup: between all us sleuthers, we should be able to come up with something if it's out there :D

thanks again and hopefully she is held accountable soon :mad:

thank you so much nosey!! :seeya: i so appreciate it!

i'm wondering if the trial is still a go for the stepmother as i can't find a newer article and that is dated january....i do hope so, it's time to see justice for these babies!

i'll keep digging....:lookingitup: between all us sleuthers, we should be able to come up with something if it's out there :D

thanks again and hopefully she is held accountable soon :mad:

You're welcome Queen Bee. I couldn't find anything that indicated whether trial was actually a go today. Revolting pair these two! DP case if ever there was one.

Capital murder trial to begin today for woman accused of torturing, killing DeBlase children

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/05/capital_murder_trial_to_begin_2.html

Opening arguments are set to begin at about 1:15 p.m. Friday in Mobile County Circuit Court in the capital murder trial of a 26-year-old woman accused of torturing and killing the DeBlase siblings.

Heather Leavell-Keaton, of Louisville, Alabama, is set to stand trial for the death of siblings Natalie DeBlase, 4, and Chase DeBlase, 3. Natalie was dumped in woods near Citronelle on March 4, 2010, and Chase was disposed of June 20, 2010, north of Vancleave, Miss.
-----------------
their "father" was convicted this past winter and received the death penalty......now it's her turn :mad:

:rose: justice for natalie....gone too soon
:rose: justice for chase....gone too soon
:rose: strength to those that love them

Capital murder trial begins for woman who allegedly poisoned DeBlase children with anti-freeze

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/05/this_is_a_case_about_babies.html

The capital murder trial for the 26-year-old woman who allegedly poisoned her common law husband's two children with anti-freeze five years ago and ignored their dying screams for help began on Friday in Mobile County Circuit Court.
(snip)
"The evidence you will hear in this case is real, it's not some made-for-TV movie," Mobile County District Attorney Ashley Rich said in the opening statements portion of the trial. "It's a true series of criminal acts where two children ... were starved, tortured, poisoned, and murdered."
------------
MUCH more at link

:tantrum:

wth is wrong with people??????????

:rose: :rose:

:bump:

step-mother's trial is on-going

praying for justice for these sweet children :heartbeat:

:rose: natalie
:rose: chase
:rose: strength to those that love them

Keaton capital murder trial continues

http://www.wsfa.com/story/29032649/keaton-capital-murder-trial-continues

MOBILE, AL (WALA) -

Testimony continued Monday, May 11, 2015 in the capital murder trial of Heather Keaton. She's facing capital murder charges in connection with the deaths of her stepchildren: four-year-old Natalie DeBlase and three-year-old Jonathan Chase DeBlase in 2010.

Jurors listened to an hour and 20 minute interview conducted by a homicide detective with Louisville Police. That's where Keaton and her common-law husband, John DeBlase moved with their family to live near Keaton's mother. The defense had filed a motion at the start of the day to redact the officer's testimony. Circuit Judge, Roderick Stout denied the motion.

'You're a manipulator, sweetie': Detective challenges Heather Keaton in death of DeBlase children

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/05/youre_a_manipulator_sweetie_de.html

"You're a manipulator, sweetie," lead detective Angela Prine said in a Nov. 30, 2010 videotaped interrogation. "Whether you had anything to do with it or not, you knew two children were missing and they've been dumped somewhere and you didn't care..."

The explosive interrogation, which resulted in Leavell-Keaton slamming the table with her fists, was shown to the jury during the third day of Keaton's capital murder trial on Tuesday in Mobile County Circuit Court.

At the end of the video, Prine left the room and Leavell-Keaton buried her face in her hands and sobbed, "Oh my God, I've screwed myself over, I talked."
---------------
more at link

Gruesome discoveries, John DeBlase confrontation detailed in day 4 of Heather Keaton capital murder trial

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/05/gruesome_discoveries_confronta.html

A professional wrestler who unknowingly housed John DeBlase in his Florida apartment amidst a manhunt testified on Wednesday that the man threatened to kill him if he called police.

Randall Melville opened the fourth day of Heather Leavell-Keaton's capital murder trial in Mobile County Circuit Court describing the intense moments leading up to DeBlase's arrest on Dec. 3, 2010.
(snip)
Prosecutors spent most of Wednesday showing jurors pictures and video of the gruesome discoveries that search teams made the following week in the woods near Citronelle and north of Vancleave, Mississippi.

Authorities found a human skull, a lower jaw, pieces of a ribs, a pajama top and bottom, and a piece of scalp -- Natalie's remains -- near Cintronelle, Mobile police officer and crime scene investigator Charles Miller testified.

In Mississippi, the search results were no less tragic. Authorities found a skull, a jaw bone, vertebrae and rib bone -- Chase's remains --as well as a garbage bag, duct tape with blond hair and parts of a sock attached to it, and training pants.
==============
more at link sadly

:cry: :rose: :rose:

'She didn't have any remorse': Haunting jailhouse testimony key evidence in Heather Keaton murder trial

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/05/she_didnt_have_any_remorse_hau.html

They had a routine.

John DeBlase measured out portions of anti-freeze, and his common law wife Heather Leavell-Keaton cooked it into food for his two young children, Leavell-Keaton's former jail-mate Roseanna Taylor testified on Thursday.

"She didn't have any remorse," said Taylor, who took Leavell-Keaton under her wing at Mobile County Metro Jail. "She didn't get sad. It's like she didn't care, she was not a human. She talked to me like it was a normal conversation."

Jailhouse gossip between inmates took center stage in the fifth day of Leavell-Keaton's capital murder trial in Mobile County Circuit Court.
--------
more at link

it's hard to read this story.....prepare yourself :tears:

Child abuse reports dominate day 6 of Heather Keaton capital murder trial

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/05/child_abuse_reports_dominate_d.html

Acquaintances, family and friends of John DeBlase and Heather Leavell-Keaton testified on Friday that Leavell-Keaton inflicted emotional and physical abuse on DeBlase's two young children.

Mobile County prosecutors attempted to portray Leavell-Keaton as the guiding force behind the toxic relationship as the capital murder trial entered its 6th day. It is set to wrap up next week.
----------
more at link

i can't believe this case isn't front page news, it's just tragic what happened to this brother and sister!!!! no one seems to care.....i'm just heartbroken that there has been no attention to poor natalie and chase :tears:....i'm so glad that so called father got the death penalty and i hope this monster gets it as well :furious:.....just reading these articles makes me sick :tantrum:

:rose: natatie....we care and justice is on the way
:rose: chase....justice is on the way for you too sweetheart

:heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Prosecution rests in Keaton capital murder trial

MOBILE, AL (WALA) - After seven days of testimony from nearly 50 witnesses, the prosecution rested Tuesday, May 19, 2015 in the capital murder trial of Heather Keaton. Keaton is on trial for the deaths of her two stepchildren, Natalie and Chase DeBlase in 2010. Her former boyfriend, John DeBlase has already been sentenced to death after a jury found him guilty of killing the children.

Read more: http://www.fox10tv.com/story/29106987/prosecution-rests-in-keaton-capital-murder-trial#ixzz3aiVZgSwT
--------
much more at link

FINALLY found an update...........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads