GUILTY AL - Natalie, 5, & Jonathan DeBlase, 3, beaten, poisoned, Mobile, 1 March 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
These children look so adorable! I feel badly for the families.
I don't like picking on the birth mom. She probably did the best she could. This fellow sounds as though he liked being in control, and keeping the children away from her was his way of calling the shots. He seems to target very vulnurable women, and that he did this to his own children is beyond belief.
They are very sweet looking children, and obviously from the pictures, there were some good times. Why did he or SM do this? Why would you abuse children as has been stated here? Why not just hand them back to the other parent and let them know it's their turn to take over for awhile. But of course someone with an abusive nature wouldn't do that.

These children look so adorable! I feel badly for the families.
I don't like picking on the birth mom. She probably did the best she could. This fellow sounds as though he liked being in control, and keeping the children away from her was his way of calling the shots. He seems to target very vulnerable women, and that he did this to his own children is beyond belief.
They are very sweet looking children, and obviously from the pictures, there were some good times. Why did he or SM do this? Why would you abuse children as has been stated here? Why not just hand them back to the other parent and let them know it's their turn to take over for awhile. But of course someone with an abusive nature wouldn't do that.

The Sheriff who found Jonathan said on HLN he has not heard one word from the bio mother and doesn't know anything about her.

IMO

I have met Heather (the SM) before. My husband interacted with her on pretty much a daily basis when she was at Dar. She is blind. She had special software on her computer that would read her text to her. This is an expensive and very good school and the work is not easy at all. Most if not all of the graduates typically receive a fair amount of money in scholarships. It speaks to her intelligence that she was accepted to the school at all with her disability. I am thinking that her grandmother may have financed her education at Dar & she does live in the Rome area, or did at that time. Myself, as well as my husband and those who knew her much better than I do, are having a hard time seeing how she could have done this. She was a little different, but then her struggles were completely different than all of her peers that she went to school with, so that's to be expected.

I wouldn't say that she didn't do it, I have no way of knowing that. But I just can't see it.

He claims they were killed by their stepmother, Heather Leavell-Keaton. She is jailed in Louisville, Ky. on child abuse charges awaiting return to Mobile. Leavell-Keaton says DeBlase poisoned them.

Their families echo each one's allegations. Leavell-Keaton's mother said her daughter had tried before to leave a lying, controlling man, and they suspect he poisoned the children. DeBlase's parents, however, said they believe it was a violent and unpredictable stepmother who manipulated their son into helping cover up slayings she committed.

Still, they're not excusing DeBlase.

"I can't believe John is responsible for this, but I know he could have prevented it," Deblase's mother, Dorothy, told The Associated Press. "But if Heather told him to go jump off a bridge, he would go jump in a river."

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Po...-be-that-of-3-year-old-Ala-boy-111532369.html

This article states that a different time frame than previously reported.

"Investigators say he told them he buried 3-year-old Jonathan in March in rural Mississippi and 5-year-old Natalie in June near Citronelle."

Maybe they were killed at two different times.

IMO

Did the horror start with the decline of the economy? A lost job perhaps, no income/lower income or lower benefits? And at a time expecting a new child. Now you add the stress of that with the new SM ....

Now, I am not in anyway making excuses... some are wondering what happened to change the home so drastically. Every photo seems so haunting. The sad eyes. The paper-thin transloucent skin. The bruised look to the eyes and around the forehead. Forced smiles.

A very sad household.

Poor babies.

Thinking of You with Love
We thought of you with love today,
but that is nothing new.
We thought about you yesterday,
and days before that too.
We think of you in silence,
we often speak your name.
All we have are memories,
and your picture in a frame.
Your memory is our keepsake,
with which we will never part.
God has you in His keeping,
we have you in our hearts.
A million times we`ve wanted you.
A million times we cried.
If love could only have saved you,
you never would have died.
It broke our hearts to lose you.
But you didn`t go alone.
For a part of us went with you...
the day God called you Home.
~Author Unknown

This is just so sad. I'll never understand, never.

:rose: RIP Jonathan

There has got to be some way to stop this crazy trend from happening! I bet there is a special place in h3!! for people that can do this.

http://www.myspace.com/jw1983

Thanks, georgiajean!!

Ugh, this is such a sad case. Honestly, these kids look loved and adored by their father in THESE photos. I've got to wonder what happened. Someone upthread said he was a veteran. I wonder if he was wounded or had psychological problems. The photos (in link) are disturbing. On one hand, it looks like John loved his kids and the grandparents as well. But the home is really really dirty and uncared for. Im a VERY unkempt person...so if I notice it's a problem!! The children's highchair is filthy.
I'm sure you'll notice that there are no recent photos.....none showing what WOULD be a 5 year old little girl and her 3 year old little brother. These look AT LEAST a year old. What happened in the past year that would make him do this?
Ive been thinking back to Susan Smith, and how she killed her kids because her love interest didn't want children.

These children do not look healthy to me in a few of these picuters. and If you look at this picture (if I do this right) http://www.myspace.com/jw1983/photos/22070343#%7B%22ImageId%22%3A22070361%7D If I did not do this right its the 2nd picture of the birthday cake. Do you see the yellow box in back?? I believe it says insulin on it. To me this little girl looks high as a kite in most of her pictures. In a later photo im' assuming it's gpa its the same box of insuling. But on the wall to the right is a shelf just full of drugs... http://www.myspace.com/jw1983/photos/22070343#%7B%22ImageId%22%3A22070436%7D... I don't know these photos disturb me a bit!
I guess just go to the myspace page above and click on photos then frinds and family and it's those pictures i'm talking about

"We'll have to send everything over for forensics, but it's the area the father brought us to Saturday," Byrd said. "We know it's little Chase."
The sheriff became emotional and said, "I knew we were going to find him today. The investigator who found little Chase said she dreamed last night that she found him. When we knew it was him, she came to me and said it was divine intervention."

Chase was wearing only a diaper when his father placed him in a black trash bag, tied the red draw strings and dumped his tiny body in a wooded area off Miss. 57 about 12 miles north of Interstate 10, Byrd said.

"He told us he parked on the side of the road, stepped in the woods, but could still see the headlights of his car," Byrd said. "He put some straw and stuff over the bag and left. We think little Chase was already dead when he left him."

more here

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-news/2010/12/skeleton_remains_of_jonathan_c.html

As tragic as it is for a child to be thrown away in a trash bag, I pray the little guy wasn't put into it alive. :(

No sign of the birth mother of these kids? That is really strange...his parents must know who she is?

I have avoided pictures, I get too emotional.... But I just looked and that little girl is a twin to a girl I once knew...... And her parents were strung out on meth, and she was a drug baby. Sorry o/t, it is def not the same child (different ages) but wow, it just brought back so many memories of my little Maddie, who is currently living a life of h3ll. Too many kids are hurt by drugs and just plain stupidity!

just saw the MS pics. Makes no sense. At one point, anyway, he appeared to have been a loving father. What happened?

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississipp...ather_of_missing_kids_charged.html#incart_mrt

:After the hearing, Creighton Hobbs, who said he's a close friend of the children's mother, said for her and the rest of the family, "It's like living a nightmare."

Hobbs also read a statement to news reporters on behalf of the mother, Corrine Heathcock.

"I am terrified that my babies will be found dead, and they have been buried separately," Hobbs said. "I love my children with all of my heart"........

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-news/2010/12/deblase_documents_horrific_abuse.html

Editor's note: The following report contains graphic details of allegations of child abuse and torture. Parents are cautioned against allowing children to view the documents or read this article.

Links to documents available in the article.

* Sometime between March 1, 2010, and Nov. 10, 2010, John DeBlase allowed Leavell-Keaton to duct tape Natalie's hands and feet, place a sock in her mouth, place her inside a black suitcase, then leave the suitcase inside a closet from about 8 in the morning until 10 at night.
View document in PDF format
* DeBlase abused Natalie's corpse by, on or about March 4, "treating the corpse in a way that outraged ordinary family sensibilities, to-wit: taking the child's body somewhere in the woods around Citronelle and dumping it there." View document in PDF format
* DeBlase abused Chase's body by "knowingly treating the corpse in a way that outrages ordinary family sensibilities, to-wit: taking the child's body to Jackson County, Mississippi, and dumping it somewhere in the woods." View document in PDF format

<snip>

Johnathan DeBlase, 3-years-old, torture, willfully abuse, cruelly beat, or otherwise willfully maltreat the child by allowing Heather Leavell-Keaton (his girlfriend) to duck-tape the child's hands to the side of his legs, tape a broom handle to his back, placing a sock in his mouth and duck-taping his mouth, then making the child stand in a corner all night when they went to bed.

more here

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/court-document-released-in-deblase-case

I never, ever, ever get what mindset it takes to torture a child.

ETA:

In court today... Deblase was appointed an attorney and a preliminary hearing was set for January 4th.

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_12567.shtml

This just makes me physically ill. Those poor, sweet little babies. I take comfort in the fact that, whenever their precious lives ended, they were no longer subjected to the horrors these monsters put them through.

<snip>

Johnathan DeBlase, 3-years-old, torture, willfully abuse, cruelly beat, or otherwise willfully maltreat the child by allowing Heather Leavell-Keaton (his girlfriend) to duck-tape the child's hands to the side of his legs, tape a broom handle to his back, placing a sock in his mouth and duck-taping his mouth, then making the child stand in a corner all night when they went to bed.

more here

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/court-document-released-in-deblase-case

I never, ever, ever get what mindset it takes to torture a child.

ETA:

In court today... Deblase was appointed an attorney and a preliminary hearing was set for January 4th.

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_12567.shtml

I'm soo sick.... WHAT on earth could posess a person to treat a child like that.. A LITTLE BAY! Because a 5 and 3 yr old are pretty much babies!! :( :( They are in a MUCh better place. Dear God i hope their baby is adopted out to a loving couple!!!!!

How can this happen.This is America not some third world country with a dictator leader.F--ckin America.Please remove these 2 pieces of s--t from our world

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeCoffeeMa
Back