Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked on etiquette and info but need anybody to tell me quick how to post a link. I appreciate y'all!

Something tells me one of the co-workers is giving up information, or that LE now has enough evidence to obtain search warrants on these people.
?

I hope one of these is true. I followed the discussion on getting search warrants/wondering what LE was doing and had some thoughts.

As I said earlier, *if* the reports of the witness changing stories is true, there may be enough to work with here for a good DA to get a judge to agree to some investigation into this case.
BBM.
There is so much discretion in prosecution, even as to when to apply for a search warrant. I would think that the fact that she received a "distressed" text from this same person whose story is apparently changing (that would certainly support a warrant for her phone if they haven't been able to confirm that such a text came from PH's phone) and PH's car was still at or near the "friend's home" would be sufficient for a search warrant, or at least to apply for one. In many states, the search warrants are public unless sealed, though, so we might know if there was a warrant application.

Also, I see LE saying:
"investigators have reviewed surveillance video from a bar where Paighton Houston was last seen and have not found anyone matching the description of the two men she is believed to have left with."

Have they ever said "and we do see PH in the bar"? Or any other co-workers? Or the "friend" with or without PH. With more than one coworker, one would think someone would or could be confronted with conflicting info. Or as mentioned previously, an obstruction charge (or threat of) which might help certain friends see the gravity of the situation and facilitate some truth telling.

Everything is so close to the vest here - we don't who or how many other coworkers were at the bar or drove with PH and "friend" or if they have been interviewed by LE or who and what is visible in Tin Roof video. So LE could be chasing 100 avenues or saying "we don't have evidence of a crime." I'm truly hoping it is the former.

Watching the live feed, no new info yet. WBRC6 reporting 9-10 unmarked police cars have arrived. Beyond that, nothing new.

ETA: Per WBRC6 the audio feed has been disabled again as this is an active scene. They had it live while their reporter spoke, then went silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech