Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s built into iPhone messenger, I don’t know about other phones but here’s how it works on iPhones.
How to share your location with iMessage for iPhone and iPad
  1. Launch the Messages app.
  2. Tap on the conversation in which you'd like to share your location. ...
  3. Tap on the Information button in the upper right-hand corner.
  4. Tap on Share My Location.
  5. Choose the duration for which you'd like to share your location.
There may be other apps for this too, I don’t know.
Life 360 app is also good. Basic location services are free but for a small fee you can actually track everywhere the phone has been and at what time going back a couple of weeks. You can also set it up so it automatically alerts whoever you want when you arrive at a defined location (like home, work, the bar).

Thanks for posting this!
YES...Securus has had multiple data breaches and has been involved in lawsuits allowing LE to attain phone records without a warrant. Their technology most certainly can track a phone within a few feet. However, the phone must still be pinging in order to do this. So the phone must be actively connected to a network. If it has been damaged, turned off, or the battery has fully discharged- this technology is useless. Most LE agencies will not use this for fear of lawsuit...plus it is expensive. But, they technically could have used this to find JH. Hopefully we'll find out soon!

If you go to Google with a properly-worded court order, LE can often get enough data to help resolve a case. Most often it's of the include/exclude type of information, but other information can be acquired.

How Police Departments Try to Force Google to Hand Over Data on Anyone Near a Crime Scene

So she has the ultimate relapse with friends from work, she OD's, the friends conspire, concoct the text message that she's in trouble, along with leaving the bar with the big black dudes, and they take her to a known dope house, bury her in the back yard, to make it appear legit?

Or, she really does leave the bar with some unknown dudes, because she's either intoxicated, or just wants to use, and it all goes down hill from there.

Or, she was doped by someone, tricked in to walking outside, and kidnapped in the street/parking lot?

I had thought the leaving the bar with the big guys story might be true, but I'm tending toward scenario one in this post.....for now :)

Who would have given 'tips' to LE on the location of the body, or that would lead to that location?

Would it be one of the two 'big black dudes' that she left the bar with?

Who would have had enough knowledge, what type person would have even cared enough, to phone in a tip that would lead to her body?

Remains IDed as missing Alabama woman who texted she was ‘in trouble’

My current theory is that she and the coworker went to score drugs and PH OD. The coworker freaked out for fear that she’d lose her job, so she and a male accomplice (whomever provided the drugs) attempted to cover it up with a bogus kidnapping story. Pure speculation of course.

What a good cover up it'd be if someone else sent a text from PH's phone stating she didn't know who she was with, when in reality, it was only to mask that she was with someone she knew very well.
Hi I'm a newbie but I've been reading the boards for a while and have an interest in true life crime. On reading your post that was my thinking, perhaps something happened at the club, perhaps the text was sent to throw off the investigation ?
The fact that she was found in a shallow grave is pointing it all away from the girl overdosing and someone panicking etc.

I’m not sure whether Cato replied, but I know Louisiana has a state penitentiary named Angola. That’s a possibility.
Oh, yes, @C.Cato did respond and the post was about that one in Louisiana and not any penitentiary in Angola as in the country, I just forgot to reply back because this thread was moving fast. Sorry, and thank you both for clarifying!

I'm not sold on the original story, or at least if partially true, that there were not stops made prior to the Tin Roof, or something that transpired to change the plans. I'm also not ready to buy into a conspiracy to cover up an OD. I think it would be highly unusual, to go to this extreme. I will venture a guess that there was foul play involved. We will know soon enough, he crux of what transpired, but most likely not now the details until a trial.

I just think the timeline seems odd. She goes out drinking with her good friend. After a very short time in the bar, she sees her friend leave with 2 strangers.

Then she herself leaves the bar, goes home to sleep, and never checks on her friend, whose car is still parked outside.

Wouldn't she text or call her friend, knowing she left with 2 unknown males---to check she is ok? I think most friends would have called before leaving the bar. She had driven PH there---and PH never said ' yo, I'm leaving and I dont need a ride home.'
That would be odd back when I was younger. But, some of the things posters have admitted to doing on other threads has me thinking there is no normal.

So she has the ultimate relapse with friends from work, she OD's, the friends conspire, concoct the text message that she's in trouble, along with leaving the bar with the big black dudes, and they take her to a known dope house, bury her in the back yard, to make it appear legit?

Or, she really does leave the bar with some unknown dudes, because she's either intoxicated, or just wants to use, and it all goes down hill from there.

Or, she was doped by someone, tricked in to walking outside, and kidnapped in the street/parking lot?

I had thought the leaving the bar with the big guys story might be true, but I'm tending toward scenario one in this post.....for now :)
Law Enforcement has reviewed the video from the bar and "have not found anyone matching the description of the two men she is believed to have left with." IMO I don't think they existed, at least in relation to Paighton. B’ham Police: Surveillance video in Paighton Houston case does not show 2 men she reportedly left with

I can think of other ways this could have happened that were drug related but not involving overdose. Pure guessing and not to say I think any were what happened to PH. Also PH had some street smarts from her past so hard to fathom being of right mind and leaving the bar with strangers. The text was either a lie or real. I know LE knows which because it's not hard for them to check. If it were an elaborate lie it should make the sender a POI but hasn't or at least not officially. I know people do stupid things but lying about a text of that magnitude would put focus on one that they were trying to avoid. It's possible the text was real as it occurred within hours of PH leaving but then we are back to street smarts. It's going round and round in my head. And it's early so if I sound confusing I need more coffee. jmo

Yes, the timeline is odd. Friend or co-worker, whatever the case, I agree that it is odd not to check on her after leaving with strangers. At least, that was her story that they were strangers if the info we have is correct. I have considered the possibility of not checking on her, and in fairness, the co-worker may have been drunk and went home and passed out. Who really knows. At this point it's really just a a lot of wild speculation and possibly pointing the finger at innocent people without any real indication that they have done anything wrong. I am guilty of doing the same in the past. Maybe spitballing if you want to call it that, but with this case, I'm afraid, thus far we don't have enough to go on, nor has LE indicated that this person or persons has any involvement.

I’m reminded of Hannah Graham and Angelica Hadsell, who were both found behind abandoned houses.

In Anjelica’s case, the location was isolated via GPS from the perp’s work vehicle. In Hannah’s case, volunteer searchers found her, iirc.

I know they used the word “tip”, but considering they “returned” to the area, I wonder if it was really a ping that led them there, as in AJ’s case.

What’s the closest cell tower to that location I wonder.
I can't help but think of AJ as well. Following quietly but my heart goes out to Paighton's loved ones.

I've read most replies, most people think she OD'd and whoever she was with freaked. I've not seen anyone mention they thought she was raped in a bed and wrapped in a sheet

I also think she OD'd.
The rape theory was postulated, but a bed wasn't mentioned.

Who would have given 'tips' to LE on the location of the body, or that would lead to that location?

Would it be one of the two 'big black dudes' that she left the bar with?

Who would have had enough knowledge, what type person would have even cared enough, to phone in a tip that would lead to her body?

Remains IDed as missing Alabama woman who texted she was ‘in trouble’
More than likely, IMO, the co/worker friend called in the tip. JMO and thoughts this morning

The rape theory was postulated, but a bed wasn't mentioned.
I think they will check for rape also while performing autopsy. I honestly did not give any thought to that being involved until this morning.
I know autopsy reports don't take too long but the tox reports will take longer, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum