Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...I'm trying really hard to focus on what we know has been confirmed by LE. To my knowledge, they have CONFIRMED very little. Friend and PH dad said they were going to TR to listen to music. But no one has confirmed that that's what they did. Friend said PH left at 10:45 pm with the 2 suspects. But no one has confirmed that PH and friend were actually there, much less saw her leave with suspects. LE has said no suspects matching description on video. But LE NEVER confirmed whether they saw PH or friend on video at TR at all. There was talk of an argument and her debit card found on dance floor. All rumor as far as I know. Confirmed by no one. LE says friend "says" PH sent the text. Family says friend "shared" that PH sent text. But to my knowledge, other than reporting that friend reported the text, LE has never confirmed that the text existed. Maybe they did see it on friend's phone or tracked PH phone and saw it, but I am not sure we can say that. LE has never confirmed that PH left car at friend's house. Am I wrong that all we KNOW is that family was told by PH, and friend told family and LE, that PH left her car at friend's house to go to TR. We really have no one confirming the last time they saw her. I am not trying to make this harder, but honestly, no one has even said, "I saw PH and friend at work and they talked about going out." Other than what family was told from PH and what friend told family and LE, all we know is that PH ended up dead and buried. What am I missing that confirmed that we know more? I so want to believe the friend.

If I'm going to speculate based on what little data we have, I would say it's just as likely she was seen chatting to two large guys as she walked out of the bar - not because she knew them or was with them, but because they were exiting at the same time. Perhaps she was going outside for a breath of air, a smoke, to cool off. Presumably if she was leaving and not planning on coming back quickly (or at all), she would have told her friend (or texted her) so her friend wouldn't hang around looking for her and worrying.

If this is the case, LE might have video showing her exiting at the same time as two guys but also showing them going their separate ways once outside. LE may have even identified the alleged two guys and cleared them.

In fact, this part is really bothering me. PH disappeared without a word to her co-worker/friend and her co-worker/friend went home without trying to find her? At the very least, I would have expected her co-worker/friend to be texting her when she was ready to leave the bar and go home.
Agree! “I would have expected her co-worker/friend to be texting her when she was ready to leave the bar”

Some things, in this case, seems like it doesn't add up. For instance, she went to the bar with her friends from work, and she left the bar at 10:45 pm. she texted her friend to pick up if she called cause she felt like she was in trouble. the location of the bar that she was at is around other businesses, so even if the bar did not have cameras, there would be other vantage points to identify her, and the people she left with. Yet there were some news articles that state that she left the bar with two black men. The police sergeant said that she seemed to leave willingly and in good spirits. which sounds contradictive since she left after she sent the text. Another thing that I confused about is the police never released any footage from that night, no camera footage no footage of her in the bar anything. In a lot of cases regarding a missing person who is presumed to be in danger with the people, they are with, as soon as the police get any identification of the people or person they are with they usually release it to the public. So my question is do the police know the people she left with and do not want to disclose this information with the public? Do they not consider her in danger with people that she left with?

From a different standpoint, I feel as though kidnapping or harming someone now would be on high alert with the police, because of cases like cupcake and Aniah. Even the location is odd to me because taking or leaving with someone at a well known and populated bar increases the risk of someone seeing you and being able to identify you. Now granted people do commit crimes all the time without taking this into consideration, but this just feels a lot sinister than just a random selection.

The text message- Another thing that I felt was odd, was the time in which she sent the text and the time in which she left the bar is relatively close. so if she was in her right mind at the time why didn't she include more information in the text. "If I call pick up I feel in trouble". those were the last words texted by Paighton Houston.
There are a couple of red flags that stand out to me. First, why was the text so vague why did she not include any more information. Another thing she said she did not know who she was with. I am sure the police have already questioned the co-workers she was with. they have not released any information about the people she came with. I am left wondering why she did not tell the bartender or anyone at the bar how she felt. everyone says she seemed like she left willingly. Another thing that I am wondering did her friend whom she sent the text to ask for her location. Even if she did not the police are able to pin the last cell towers her phone pinged off.

The Men- she was said to have left the bar with two black men. There have not been any pictures or footage of the people she left with, not has there been any pictures. The police have not asked the public to identify these men, and they have stated however that she did not seem to be in any danger as she left the bar. So are these men not important in the case or are they identity's still unknown?

The body- The police found the remains of Paighton Thursday on Chapel Drive in Hueytown. She was buried in a shallow grave wrapped in an unknown material. The police have not released the cause of death or time of death. I believe that once all the information about her death is released we will have a better insight on what happened December 20th at Tin Roof Bar.

Rest in Paradise Paighton Houston I hope that the people who are responsible for her death are captured and brought to justice. I pray that her family will get the answers that they deserve and can heal from this tragic and horrific event. I pray that no more women or men will be victimized or killed.

Based on her text I don’t understand why there’s such strong speculation that she died of an overdose. Just having a drug history isn’t enough for me.

I’ve found that people looking to get high with hard drugs are pretty single minded. They’re focused. Not nervous. This text makes it seem like she left with a couple of predators.

Also, how did they find the body? Did someone talk?

The only witness said she saw the men from across the room, did not know them, and PH left willingly with them. Police viewed surveillance and found nothing useful for the investigation. The men described by co-worker/witness were not depicted in any surveillance footage.

PH's family questioned the details of her disappearance from the beginning. They said it would be totally out of character for PH exit alone with two men that she would soon feel in danger of. Brother said PH could take care of herself and the SOS text was a red flag to them. Very out of character for her to be in the situation described.

Family's public message that somebody knows what happened to PH and to come forward with information was constant -- this was directed at somebody.

I believe police converged at the burial location after somebody talked. MOO

If I'm going to speculate based on what little data we have, I would say it's just as likely she was seen chatting to two large guys as she walked out of the bar - not because she knew them or was with them, but because they were exiting at the same time. Perhaps she was going outside for a breath of air, a smoke, to cool off. Presumably if she was leaving and not planning on coming back quickly (or at all), she would have told her friend (or texted her) so her friend wouldn't hang around looking for her and worrying.

If this is the case, LE might have video showing her exiting at the same time as two guys but also showing them going their separate ways once outside. LE may have even identified the alleged two guys and cleared them.

In fact, this part is really bothering me. PH disappeared without a word to her co-worker/friend and her co-worker/friend went home without trying to find her? At the very least, I would have expected her co-worker/friend to be texting her when she was ready to leave the bar and go home.
In that scenario, it's very plausible she didn't tell the co-w0rker she was leaving because she was not planning on leaving

This has got me wondering, I probably should know the answer. It you did call 911 and remained silent, would they hang up and try too call you back? Start tracking you? What exactly?
Might depend on what 911 operator you get. I have seen where some of them realize something is wrong and others regard it as a prank.

In that scenario, it's very plausible she didn't tell the co-w0rker she was leaving because she was not planning on leaving

If so, then I'm curious as to what attempts the co-worker/friend made to find PH before giving up and going home without her. Did she text PH, not get a reply, and just head for home?

The only witness said she saw the men from across the room, did not know them, and PH left willingly with them. Police viewed surveillance and found nothing useful for the investigation. The men described by co-worker/witness were not depicted in any surveillance footage.

PH's family questioned the details of her disappearance from the beginning. They said it would be totally out of character for PH exit alone with two men that she would soon feel in danger of. Brother said PH could take care of herself and the SOS text was a red flag to them. Very out of character for her to be in the situation descri

Family's public message that somebody knows what happened to PH and to come forward with information was constant -- this was directed at someone

And the co-worker left the bar and went home without her.

I find it uncomfortable that the co-worker would leave without knowing who PH had left with, knowing her history. I know they are both adult women, but I would still not like to be left alone not knowing what was going on.

BBM-- I can go along with this EXCEPT LE stated that they did NOT see 2 Large guys leaving the bar.Paighton Houston: Police say no men seen on security footage with missing woman who texted ‘I feel in trouble’ after vanishing [Report]

Some things, in this case, seems like it doesn't add up. For instance, she went to the bar with her friends from work, and she left the bar at 10:45 pm. she texted her friend to pick up if she called cause she felt like she was in trouble. the location of the bar that she was at is around other businesses, so even if the bar did not have cameras, there would be other vantage points to identify her, and the people she left with. Yet there were some news articles that state that she left the bar with two black men. The police sergeant said that she seemed to leave willingly and in good spirits. which sounds contradictive since she left after she sent the text. Another thing that I confused about is the police never released any footage from that night, no camera footage no footage of her in the bar anything. In a lot of cases regarding a missing person who is presumed to be in danger with the people, they are with, as soon as the police get any identification of the people or person they are with they usually release it to the public. So my question is do the police know the people she left with and do not want to disclose this information with the public? Do they not consider her in danger with people that she left with?

From a different standpoint, I feel as though kidnapping or harming someone now would be on high alert with the police, because of cases like cupcake and Aniah. Even the location is odd to me because taking or leaving with someone at a well known and populated bar increases the risk of someone seeing you and being able to identify you. Now granted people do commit crimes all the time without taking this into consideration, but this just feels a lot sinister than just a random selection.

The text message- Another thing that I felt was odd, was the time in which she sent the text and the time in which she left the bar is relatively close. so if she was in her right mind at the time why didn't she include more information in the text. "If I call pick up I feel in trouble". those were the last words texted by Paighton Houston.
There are a couple of red flags that stand out to me. First, why was the text so vague why did she not include any more information. Another thing she said she did not know who she was with. I am sure the police have already questioned the co-workers she was with. they have not released any information about the people she came with. I am left wondering why she did not tell the bartender or anyone at the bar how she felt. everyone says she seemed like she left willingly. Another thing that I am wondering did her friend whom she sent the text to ask for her location. Even if she did not the police are able to pin the last cell towers her phone pinged off.

The Men- she was said to have left the bar with two black men. There have not been any pictures or footage of the people she left with, not has there been any pictures. The police have not asked the public to identify these men, and they have stated however that she did not seem to be in any danger as she left the bar. So are these men not important in the case or are they identity's still unknown?

The body- The police found the remains of Paighton Thursday on Chapel Drive in Hueytown. She was buried in a shallow grave wrapped in an unknown material. The police have not released the cause of death or time of death. I believe that once all the information about her death is released we will have a better insight on what happened December 20th at Tin Roof Bar.

Rest in Paradise Paighton Houston I hope that the people who are responsible for her death are captured and brought to justice. I pray that her family will get the answers that they deserve and can heal from this tragic and horrific event. I pray that no more women or men will be victimized or killed.

LE has only confirmed what friend told them...they have not confirmed if they believe any of it to be true. No confirmation they were at the bar, no video or SM pics from others, no confirmation text even existed, no confirmation she left at 10:45 with suspects. They (LE) stated she did not seem in any danger...seemed to go willingly...all this is what friend told LE. Not even sure any other friends/coworkers/bar patrons confirmed friend's story about leaving.

But then how was the friend able to provide a description of them?

You always arrive right at my nap time. You must work mornings. :D

(You missed an excellent post btw—I said if I HAD to guess then I’d lean towards “homicide”, then @Tee7077 says “I’m guessing 99.3% of people buried in shallow graves are homicides”.)

Anyway, thanks, I’m still hazy on the details re: the friend, etc. as I came in late here. I will plan to go back to thread one.

IF this was not premeditated, cell information of any person(s) of interest now or in the future should reveal a lot (if they had a cell phone). At least up to the point where “something happened”. Even more telling would be if their phones (individually or collectively) stopped pinging at a certain point in time. Crime of opportunity would mean they have to figure out whose phones to look at, most likely out of the group of friends/co-workers.

MOO, and assuming no premeditation.

I remember the Samantha Josephson murder March 31 of 2019 where she left the Bird Dog bar in Columbia SC and got into a fake Uber vehicle.

There was a great deal of video of the outside of the bar and the the street. You could see the abduction from at least 2 very good camera videos.

If PH was outside in an area like this where there are multiple bars in a row, wouldn't you think there would be a fair number of outside cameras that LE could have reviewed and have found documentation of PH being outside?

There's a medical facility with a large parking lot right across the street, as well as several other eateries in the area. I'll bet there are several cameras that have views of the Tin Roof Bar doors

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member