Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The charge is abuse of corpse, nothing else. With that, all else is speculation at this point. It's very possible he's done little, or nothing else regarding PH's death.
That’s where I am, too.

Paighton’s body was found two weeks ago tomorrow. With his criminal history and current status as a registered sex offender, I’m wondering if LE already had Hampton’s DNA in a database. And if so, perhaps when they ran samples from evidence found at the scene and the victim, his profile came back as a match, finally allowing the authorities to issue a warrant for his arrest. MOO

I agree 100% Boscoe. We do not know much more than yesterday that helps us know what happened.

Actually, I think we know A LOT more than we did yesterday. I sure wasn’t expecting this PC pre COD and tox. The fact that a black male does in fact exist is HUGE information, moo and totally puts a whole new angle(s) on this case, as far as the co-workers who have been a major topic of discussion and scrutiny/skepticism, as well as what the motive may have been here. His criminal history is also possibly important information, as well as the fact there is now confirmation he’s tied to that property via relatives, and that LE was on to him before PH was located.

Also interesting is the “not enough evidence for kidnapping”.

There’s a LOT here, moo. I’m not even past page three here yet.

Last edited:
Heavy has been quoted on pretty much every case I have followed on WS so think it is an approved MSM. But we can wait on MODS to confirm.

I agree -- Heavy is often linked on WS threads.

From when/what I recall of the fb group posts attributed to PH mom (that were posted and deleted on the thread), I think the quote attributed to mom in the Heavy news dated 1/16/20 was from weeks ago or early in the investigation before many facts were established by investigators. MOO

ETA: A reminder that any other fb group post attributed to mom and not quoted in Heavy news dated 1/16/20 may NOT be posted or discussed on the thread in violation of TOS.

Last edited:
That’s where I am, too.

Paighton’s body was found two weeks ago tomorrow. With his criminal history and current status as a registered sex offender, I’m wondering if LE already had Hampton’s DNA in a database. And if so, perhaps when they ran samples from evidence found at the scene and the victim, his profile came back as a match, finally allowing the authorities to issue a warrant for his arrest. MOO
I think they knew more than they let on a while back because if he is related to the owner of the home someone knew they had been there and told them where the body was. They got that information from some where.

Each and every day, we have these guys just coming back in Jefferson county

But how do we know it was definitely her sending the messages?

From the Sheriff's office linked upthread:

She [PH] had sent multiple messages to her co-worker, the last one reading, “Idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.” That text was sent at 12:15 a.m. Dec. 21 but not seen by her coworker until nearly two hours later.

This is a good point, about erring on the side of caution as a good move. I’m thiiiiinking maybe they just have nothing to indicate that he has a gun and simply they are just being very clear and concise to state facts only and zero speculations. It seems the answer to all the questions were pure factual answers. Hope this makes sense. I hear what you’re saying, obviously this guy isn’t what one could consider a safe person, and perhaps they should have said something at least along the lines of “use caution, so not approach, call LE” or something along those lines.

What I heard in the presser was when a reporter asked if FH should be considered armed & dangerous the assistant chief did not say yes or no.

What I heard in the presser was when a reporter asked if FH should be considered armed & dangerous the assistant chief did not say yes or no.

(This reminds me, o/t, in this day and age of technology, I wish there was a better way to hear the reporters when they ask their questions (microphone). I had to rewind several times to hear things. This seems to happen often in all the PCs I’ve seen, hard to hear the reporters. Sure, we can interpret the nature of the questions based on the answers given, but I like to hear the questions word for word, exactly how they are phrased and presented.

Thankfully the reporters here, imo, seemed to ask decently intelligent questions, more so than others I’ve seen.

I posted upthread a couple of times a statement by a reporter that said LE had a pretty good handle on what happened & have for some time. Just waiting for test results. This reporter seemed to know what she was talking about.

(This reminds me, o/t, in this day and age of technology, I wish there was a better way to hear the reporters when they ask their questions (microphone). I had to rewind several times to hear things. This seems to happen often in all the PCs I’ve seen, hard to hear the reporters. Sure, we can interpret the nature of the questions based on the answers given, but I like to hear the questions word for word, exactly how they are phrased and presented.

Thankfully the reporters here, imo, seemed to ask decently intelligent questions, more so than others I’ve seen.

The quality of PCs would increase exponentially if the speaker would simply repeat the question asked before answering. Why this isn't drilled into spokespeople is a mystery to me. When it does happen, I'm so grateful I feel like sending them flowers. MOO

Strictly my opinion, but our law enforcement really sucks in Jefferson County, Alabama. I miss Santa Barbara County...just can't afford to live there. Shelby County, Alabama is awesome. They would have kicked a..

Strictly my opinion, but our law enforcement really sucks in Jefferson County, Alabama. I miss Santa Barbara County...just can't afford to live there. Shelby County, Alabama is awesome. They would have kicked a..
Birmingham had the case first.

The quality of PCs would increase exponentially if the speaker would simply repeat the question asked before answering. Why this isn't drilled into spokespeople is a mystery to me. When it does happen, I'm so grateful I feel like sending them flowers. MOO

Indeed!!!!

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads