AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The search date parameters seem to be working fine. Someone else mentioned he was there as well, so I did actually try to use the WM and it doesn't work.

I remember seeing Fred Hampton’s name and photo on the Jefferson County inmate search (the link has been posted several times here) right after his arrest, and again shortly after. It’s gone and there’s no record of it ever being there now, and this just makes me feel crazy! I recognize several of the faces that were also posted around his arrest time that still appear on the site...
Does anyone else seem to recall this?

The search date parameters seem to be working fine. Someone else mentioned he was there as well, so I did actually try to use the WM and it doesn't work.

I remember seeing Fred Hampton’s name and photo on the Jefferson County inmate search (the link has been posted several times here) right after his arrest, and again shortly after. It’s gone and there’s no record of it ever being there now, and this just makes me feel crazy! I recognize several of the faces that were also posted around his arrest time that still appear on the site...

Nope. I first searched there as soon as I had the name of the homeowner on Chapel, and the name Fredrick was never there.

You are the third person to remember seeing his name on the inmate list. I even wrote his name down because he fit the description & the charge was kidnapping.

When someone posted the inmate search I looked & posted that I saw a couple of candidates. A couple of posters asked for hints. I did not reply. However, all those posts have been removed. Even the original inmate search post.

He wouldn't be there. He was released before you had the name on Chapel.
Correct, he would have not been listed as in custody, but just like all the others there, that are not in custody, had he been in county, his name would have been there too and it would have stated his release date of 12/30.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I keep saying he was never in county jail and folks keep insisting he was. o_O
Someone please find me a MSM article that states clearly FH was held for 48 hours in Jefferson County Jail.

You are the third person to remember seeing his name on the inmate list. I even wrote his name down because he fit the description & the charge was kidnapping.
But technically he really doesn't fit the description of a heavy-set person. I suppose it's subjective but, we've all seen his pics I'm sure, and his height/weight on his RSO listing, and the guy is not even close to being heavy-set.

moo - of course

But technically he really doesn't fit the description of a heavy-set person. I suppose it's subjective but, we've all seen his pics I'm sure, and his height/weight on his RSO listing, and the guy is not even close to being heavy-set.

moo - of course

Okay, enough of this debate. What I'm still wondering is why would he be held in the Birmingham city jail. If PH left TR willingly with FH, the kidnapping didn't happen there. Even if it did occur then, I don't believe kidnapping is a municipal crime. Even though LE had some reason to hold FH for kidnapping, they didn't have enough to charge him. They got a 12 hr extension for the hold which suggest they thought with the additional time they would find enough to charge him with something. So, what was LE theory on when & where did the kidnapping occur?

Would search warrants be public record unless sealed? Would be interesting to see if any were issued between the 27th & 30th that tie into any of his addresses on record.

Correct, he would have not been listed as in custody, but just like all the others there, that are not in custody, had he been in county, his name would have been there too and it would have stated his release date of 12/30.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I keep saying he was never in county jail and folks keep insisting he was. o_O
Someone please find me a MSM article that states clearly FH was held for 48 hours in Jefferson County Jail.
He was held in Birmingham City Jail.

"Hampton was initially held in the Birmingham City Jail on a 48-hour extension on suspicion of kidnapping beginning Saturday, Dec. 28, but was released two days later because investigators did not have enough to charge him with any crime."

Paighton Houston update: Man charged with abuse of corpse, no physical trauma led to death

Okay, enough of this debate. What I'm still wondering is why would he be held in the Birmingham city jail. If PH left TR willingly with FH, the kidnapping didn't happen there. Even if it did occur then, I don't believe kidnapping is a municipal crime. Even though LE had some reason to hold FH for kidnapping, they didn't have enough to charge him. They got a 12 hr extension for the hold which suggest they thought with the additional time they would find enough to charge him with something. So, what was LE theory on when & where did the kidnapping occur?

MOO - They’ve stated that several good tips were provided through Crime Stoppers. I’m thinking there were probably a few tips that came in that had his name tied to them prior to the tips providing the locations.

With his record, they probably interviewed him and weren’t satisfied with whatever alibi he may have provided. Nothing concrete, but enough for suspicion. They held him for 48 hours with the hope that they could either rattle him enough to confess (not likely), get a statement they could disprove, or find enough evidence for a formal arrest on some grounds.
This, of course, is assuming that the hold was in fact for suspicion of kidnapping PH and not someone else.

All MOO

Feel free to bonk me on the head if you guys have already argued this point....but
several of the inmates currently on JEFCO search were eventually "transferred to Birmingham" yet they still remain on the JEFCO database. So he might have been arrested in JEFCO and sent to B'Ham once they decided the event occurred in that jurisdiction?

MOO - They’ve stated that several good tips were provided through Crime Stoppers. I’m thinking there were probably a few tips that came in that had his name tied to them prior to the tips providing the locations.

With his record, they probably interviewed him and weren’t satisfied with whatever alibi he may have provided. Nothing concrete, but enough for suspicion. They held him for 48 hours with the hope that they could either rattle him enough to confess (not likely), get a statement they could disprove, or find enough evidence for a formal arrest on some grounds.
This, of course, is assuming that the hold was in fact for suspicion of kidnapping PH and not someone else.

All MOO

Still wonder why they would hold him in a facility in a jurisdiction where kidnapping is not a crime. In my county & all counties I'm familiar with all serious crimes are prosecuted by the county prosecutor & held in the county jail not a city jail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back