AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Paighton Houston's Cause Of Death Revealed

JEFFERSON COUNTY, AL — Two significant turns have occurred over the last 24 hours in the case of 27-year-old Paighton Houston's death. A suspect in the case, accused of burying Houston's body, was arrested in Ohio, and toxicology reports revealed that there will be no homicide charges in the case, as Houston was determined to have died from an accidental drug overdose involving morphine and methamphetamine.

The Jefferson County Coroner's office released its report stating that Houston's death was accidental, which means that 50-year-old Fredrick Hampton, who was captured by U.S. Marshals Wednesday night in Cleveland, may end up with the most severe charges in this case. Hampton is charged with abuse of a corpse.

Law enforcement officials have not commented on where the investigation goes from here, now that homicide has been ruled out. Houston was last seen Dec. 20 when she was reportedly out with co-workers.

which means that 50-year-old Fredrick Hampton, who was captured by U.S. Marshals Wednesday night in Cleveland, may end up with the most severe charges in this case

Interesting, it mentions FH, might be the one who ends up with heaviest charge in a case, which may have others brought up on charges, as well. Most severe compared to whom's charges?

This scenario would mean she knew she would OD that night. So In a perfect drug induced world, at what point then would she have called to be saved? While she was taking her next hit? While her breathing was slowing? Or while her heart was stopping? Or maybe right before she slipped into a Coma.
My post was based on the assumption that LE is correct and not holding anything back about the people identified so far. Apparently if she did think she was under some kind of physical threat, under the circumstances apparently LE doesn't think so, doesn't have anything that indicates it, and/or is disincline to go there.
I agree that it seems like flawed logic for her to assume she would be able to make the later call for help. She may have been in an altered state of mind when the text was sent (MOO).
I'm still hoping people who were at the McLain house will be charged with homicide for selling the drugs and failing to render aid (MOO). All it would have taken to save her was a 911 call. LE gets lots of those for drug overdoses and I doubt the callers are prosecuted (maybe they usually run after calling). FH (and maybe others) probably didn't call because of probation status, they were in one of their own residences, etc. MOO

which means that 50-year-old Fredrick Hampton, who was captured by U.S. Marshals Wednesday night in Cleveland, may end up with the most severe charges in this case

Interesting, it mentions FH, might be the one who ends up with heaviest charge in a case, which may have others brought up on charges, as well. Most severe compared to whom's charges?
I read that to mean the abuse of corpse will be the most severe of the charges we will see, not that other people will be charged. Moo

Alabama Physician Pleads Guilty To Drug Distribution Charges

By Michael Seale, Patch Staff
Jan 31, 2020 4:20 pm CT

BIRMINGHAM, AL — A family medicine physician pleaded guilty today to drug distribution charges, stemming from prescribing opioid drugs from a medical clinic she operated in Alabama.

[..]

The plea came after a trial while the jury was deliberating, but before they reached a verdict. At trial, evidence showed that from 2015 to 2017, Turney wrote multiple prescriptions for controlled substances to purported patients who were actively abusing other drugs, suffering from addiction, and selling the pills.

PH cause of death was morphine and methamphetamine accidental OD.

Both morphine and methamphetamine have been classified by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration as a Schedule II stimulant, which makes it legally available only through a nonrefillable prescription.

Supply and demand: if there's a buyer, there will always be a seller.

MOO

Last edited:
My post was based on the assumption that LE is correct and not holding anything back about the people identified so far. Apparently if she did think she was under some kind of physical threat, under the circumstances apparently LE doesn't think so, doesn't have anything that indicates it, and/or is disincline to go there.
I agree that it seems like flawed logic for her to assume she would be able to make the later call for help. She may have been in an altered state of mind when the text was sent (MOO).
I'm still hoping people who were at the McLain house will be charged with homicide for selling the drugs and failing to render aid (MOO). All it would have taken to save her was a 911 call. LE gets lots of those for drug overdoses and I doubt the callers are prosecuted (maybe they usually run after calling). FH (and maybe others) probably didn't call because of probation status, they were in one of their own residences, etc. MOO
I wonder if everyone at the house was using and woke up to find her deceased. I still agree help should be called and her family notified immediately but I'm conflicted with the homicide/murder charge in circumstances like that. Moo

Yeah, the more I think about all of this, the more I just don't agree with dealers being charged with a crime other than distributing drugs.

Anyone who is banging heroin knows good and well that the next hit can kill them. I say this as someone who has done many, many drugs in my time. There were several nights that I laid in bed and prayed over and over "dear god, if you'll just let me wake up tomorrow, I swear I will never do this again". Of course, I would eventually give in to partying and do it again, knowing that there were real consequences out there. It was no one's fault but my own. I chose those things.

These sketchy dealers are now adding homebrewed Fentanyl to weed and selling it to young kids only experimenting in their youth. They are not only adding it to weed, but with all other illicit drugs, and imo, it is murder, when a person feels no concern or no care about how their adding Fent may cause high mortality rates, equaling intent, and these dealers understanding how likely Fent is fatal alone, and the fact they are not upfront about the drug mix they are selling.

Paighton Houston's Cause Of Death Revealed

JEFFERSON COUNTY, AL — Two significant turns have occurred over the last 24 hours in the case of 27-year-old Paighton Houston's death. A suspect in the case, accused of burying Houston's body, was arrested in Ohio, and toxicology reports revealed that there will be no homicide charges in the case, as Houston was determined to have died from an accidental drug overdose involving morphine and methamphetamine.

The Jefferson County Coroner's office released its report stating that Houston's death was accidental, which means that 50-year-old Fredrick Hampton, who was captured by U.S. Marshals Wednesday night in Cleveland, may end up with the most severe charges in this case. Hampton is charged with abuse of a corpse.

Law enforcement officials have not commented on where the investigation goes from here, now that homicide has been ruled out. Houston was last seen Dec. 20 when she was reportedly out with co-workers.
How much of that is just the writer making assumptions and jumping to conclusions?

I read that to mean the abuse of corpse will be the most severe of the charges we will see, not that other people will be charged. Moo

which means (that 50-year-old Fredrick Hampton), who was captured by U.S. Marshals Wednesday night in Cleveland, may end up with the most severe charges in this case

With all the highlighting and kids gloves handling of words and body language, when LE were directing words, advice, and narratives to FH, to his charges, and to turn self in, the meaning of the quote, directly 'which means' FH may be one out of others eventually charged in case, who ends up with the most serious charge, if other more serious charges cannot be proven, only logical suspicions LE and DA have, but feel it is too circumstantial for a grand jury to accept, without a doubt. There aay be lesser charges of tampering with evidence, misleading an active investigation, lying to LE, the list of potential charges is infinite in this case, specifically, with being one of the most quiet, missing persons case, in my opinion.

It could mean how you perceive it. I simply perceive it differently, jmo, no right or wrongs in my inner world, or retentiveness, lol. I simply enjoy friendly debates on subjects of interest and mysteries.

which means (that 50-year-old Fredrick Hampton), who was captured by U.S. Marshals Wednesday night in Cleveland, may end up with the most severe charges in this case

With all the highlighting and kids gloves handling of words and body language, when LE were directing words, advice, and narratives to FH, to his charges, and to turn self in, the meaning of the quote, directly 'which means' FH may be one out of others eventually charged in case, who ends up with the most serious charge, if other more serious charges cannot be proven, only logical suspicions LE and DA have, but feel it is too circumstantial for a grand jury to accept, without a doubt. There aay be lesser charges of tampering with evidence, misleading an active investigation, lying to LE, the list of potential charges is infinite in this case, specifically, with being one of the most quiet, missing persons case, in my opinion.

It could mean how you perceive it. I simply perceive it differently, jmo, no right or wrongs in my inner world, or retentiveness, lol. I simply enjoy friendly debates on subjects of interest and mysteries.
As sad as the case is, I know people OD every day. I trust that LE ruled out homicide (maybe still investigating who provided the drugs for charges) and any tampering, etc.
I don't see their silence as extraordinary when compared to other similar cases. They just usually don't go viral and get national attention like this one has. MOO

How much of that is just the writer making assumptions and jumping to conclusions?
A convicted sex offender is back in police custody but this time, he is charged in a murder.
Convicted sex offender arrested in Cuyahoga County in connection to woman’s death
This article was published yesterday. Yes some reporters take certain liberties with their writing. IMO
LE has never stated there will be no homicide charges. Last they said was that more charges could be forth coming depending on further evidence and then we heard FBI could also bring charges against him.
I don’t think we’ll see a homicide charge but I do think manslaughter is a possibility. There is still a lot that we do not know including who is thought to have given the fatal accidental dose/combination of drugs. Moo

As sad as the case is, I know people OD every day. I trust that LE ruled out homicide (maybe still investigating who provided the drugs for charges) and any tampering, etc.
I don't see their silence as extraordinary when compared to other similar cases. They just usually don't go viral and get national attention like this one has. MOO

With it's attention, imo, bar patrons and bar staff would come forth for many personal reasons, that is extremely common imo in cases, with national attention. Even, apartment neighbors, etc., speaking would be common, esp. with her car left there.

... Not sure what conclusions you're referring to.
The assumption that the coroner's report completely blocks LE option for homicide charges and the conclusions that there would be no additional charges / no other people charged. I posed it as a question because I don't know.
(My assumption is that this journalist might not know either and I jump to the conclusion that I should ignore everything that is not an LE quote ;).)

Imo, PH was on a crystal-meth aka street methamphetamine, that night.

Once again, Gov resources: Methamphetamine

What is methamphetamine?
crystal_meth.jpg
Photo by DEACrystal methamphetamine
Methamphetamine is a powerful, highly addictive stimulant that affects the central nervous system. Crystal methamphetamine is a form of the drug that looks like glass fragments or shiny, bluish-white rocks. It is chemically similar to amphetamine, a drug used to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy, a sleep disorder.

Other common names for methamphetamine include blue, crystal, ice, meth, and speed.

How do people use methamphetamine?
People can take methamphetamine by:

• smoking
  • swallowing (pill)
  • snorting
  • injecting the powder that has been dissolved in water/alcohol

Methamphetamine
Methamphetamine

What is it?
Stimulant that speeds up body’s system that comes as pill or powder. Available in prescription as Desoxyn® to treat obesity and ADHD. Crystal meth resembles glass fragments and is an illegally altered version of the prescription drug that is cooked with over-the-counter drugs in meth labs.
Street Names
Meth, Speed, Ice, Shards, Bikers Coffee, Stove Top, Tweak, Yaba, Trash, Chalk, Crystal, Crank, Shabu
How is it used?
  • Powder, pill
  • Smoked, snorted, injected
  • To intensify the effects, users may take higher doses of the drug, take it more frequently, or change their method of intake
How does it affect the body?
  • Highly addictive
  • Agitation, increased heart rate and blood pressure
  • Increased respiration and body temperature
  • Anxiety, paranoia
  • High doses can cause convulsions, cardiovascular collapse, stroke or death
(Above is a direct DEA link and source)

How is methamphetamine manufactured?
How is methamphetamine manufactured?

Currently, most methamphetamine in the United States is produced by transnational criminal organizations (TCOs) in Mexico.44 This methamphetamine is highly pure, potent, and low in price. The drug can be easily made in small clandestine laboratories, with relatively inexpensive over-the-counter ingredients such as pseudoephedrine, a common ingredient in cold medications.

Also from research, imo, Meth is more widely used in the trucking industry and the dealers, supply and demand is highest among Caucasians than AA in all statistics reported. it would help to know who supplied Paighton with Meth that day/night. Is FH, a Meth lab owner, manufacturer, and dealer?

Are Paighton's associates illicit drug users?

Did Paighton use Meth and/or morphine with friends earlier that night, or possibly experiencing the neg adverse reactions to Meth, which eventually led to morphine in some form, and her landing in Brighton.

There are still so many unanswered questions as LE noted.

Last edited:
This updated article indicates that the coroner has confirmed that there was no evidence of trauma to PH (not just no trauma that led to her death). Is also says a rape kit was performed and sent to the lab. It sounds like they don't have results from that yet.

Jefferson Co. Coroner rules Paighton Houston’s death accidental overdose; No evidence of physical trauma

Thanks for the updated link.

Ever since FH was identified as a convicted sex offender, speculation about PH being sexually assaulted has been in high gear. I've always believed that it was done but I think reporting that there was in-fact a sexual assault kit done was overdue.

It doesn't follow that the rape kit results would take longer than the toxicology results unless they were never sent to the forensics lab until recently.

She may have been in an altered state of mind when the text was sent (MOO).
Correct, but nothing has been mentioned by LE, of who supplied PH with Meth or a morphine compound.

<modsnip: no link>

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the results for the rape kit haven’t came back yet because they are so backlogged on rape kits (seen something on the news about it last night) I’m not sure if some kits take priority over others or if they suspect that there was no rape then others would take more of a priority over hers? I don’t know exactly how all that works since the system has been backlogged for a long time and I’ve seen some cases where results came back fast and others have taken years.

Thanks for the updated link.

Ever since FH was identified as a convicted sex offender, speculation about PH being sexually assaulted has been in high gear. I've always believed that it was done but I think reporting that there was in-fact a sexual assault kit done was overdue.

It doesn't follow that the rape kit results would take longer than the toxicology results unless they were never sent to the forensics lab until recently.
I posted something awhile back about the back log of rape kits in Alabama. But maybe that is something the Feds were able to accelerate when they Became involved?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSMEITH1
Back