AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe the results for the rape kit haven’t came back yet because they are so backlogged on rape kits (seen something on the news about it last night) I’m not sure if some kits take priority over others or if they suspect that there was no rape then others would take more of a priority over hers? I don’t know exactly how all that works since the system has been backlogged for a long time and I’ve seen some cases where results came back fast and others have taken years.

I recall the same -- including stories where the kits sat on shelves for years before tested! You'd think in a death investigation where charges could be pending that forensics would give this priority.

For those addicted to meth or heroin there is those pills that help you come off and will show a positive in a drug test, it’s called Subytex (don’t know how to spell it, sorry) my sister is on it for heroin and it shows up in drug tests and her husband is addicted to meth and he’s on it too. They both have to wear those sweat patches to monitor drug use. Her husband was busted awhile back for selling those pills because addicts will abuse them. I’m not sure how they work, I think it’s supposed to help with withdrawals and relapsing?

What treatments are effective for people who misuse methamphetamine?
What treatments are effective for people who misuse methamphetamine?
The most effective treatments for methamphetamine addiction at this point are behavioral therapies, such as cognitive-behavioral and contingency management interventions. For example, the Matrix Model—a 16-week comprehensive behavioral treatment approach that combines behavioral therapy, family education, individual counseling, 12-step support, drug testing, and encouragement for non-drug-related activities—has been shown to be effective in reducing methamphetamine misuse.33,34 Contingency management interventions, which provide tangible incentives in exchange for engaging in treatment and maintaining abstinence, have also been shown to be effective. Motivational Incentives for Enhancing Drug Abuse Recovery (MIEDAR), an incentive-based method for promoting cocaine and methamphetamine abstinence, has demonstrated efficacy among methamphetamine misusers through NIDA’s National Drug Abuse Clinical Trials Network.35

Although medications have proven effective in treating some substance use disorders, there are currently no medications that counteract the specific effects of methamphetamine or that prolong abstinence from and reduce the misuse of methamphetamine by an individual addicted to the drug.

Ok I am over this thread. It is really astounding how we have posters who are cautioning other posters about believing PH’s mom, other family members, and best friend, the people closest to her and who know her best and have been by her side thru the worst of times, and then we have posters that think they know her personally and can comment on the the woman they think she was. This thread has become something out of reddit and pretty darn close to FB.
I’ll be following PH’s case on my own from here on out and will continue to pray all questions are answered and justice is served. Moo

I don’t recall any witness or LE providing an account where she didn’t leave willingly. She was also cogent enough to send some lucid texts a while later so it seems unlikely she was drugged at the bar. I guess I am just not seeing the complexity or the conspiracy here. Seems pretty straightforward. Meth and heroin are a helluva combo.

DA mentioned the only proof of this is by the coworkers words alone, and no one elses, that she went to the bar and left willingly.

I don’t recall any witness or LE providing an account where she didn’t leave willingly. She was also cogent enough to send some lucid texts a while later so it seems unlikely she was drugged at the bar. I guess I am just not seeing the complexity or the conspiracy here. Seems pretty straightforward. Meth and heroin are a helluva combo.

If two people give witness testimony their kid got on a school bus, although no others could confirm their child was on it, before sometime later disappearing, what else or who others account could they use as the narrative? It does not make the account given the absolute truth, imo.

Man accused of abusing corpse of Paighton Houston captured by U.S. Marshals in Ohio

What is Fredrick Hampton’s connection to Paighton Houston?

District Attorney Washington explains that based on the information given to the office, Hampton and Houston were at the Tin Roof together.

Washington said, “We have different stories as to what took place at the point of her becoming missing, but in terms of other connections prior to that we don’t have the information.”

How did they come to the conclusion that Houston left the Tin Roof willingly?

Washington states that information came from witnesses.

“Whenever a crime occurs, or there is a missing person, you do just like you do in any other case, you start talking to witnesses. For those people that were there at Tin Roof, more specifically in this case the people that [Paighton] went therewith, you just speak with those people that are present and that can give you insight as to what was going on.”

In that Lakeview area, there was no video to support the theory that Houston left willingly with the suspects.

“Right now we have witnesses that saw her leave with someone and we know that she went with someone,” Washington says.

That’s all they will ever have unless someone comes forward and admits to a crime here. There are witnesses like other patrons and the bartender with no motive to lie. They have nothing to hide and we can assume they told the truth as they know it.

Not according to the DA were there other witnesses and said so, there are not other bar witnesses or accounts as in other cases, in this specific case, the DA mentioned, only those who Paighton went with could give witness accounts.

Not according to the DA were there other witnesses and said so, there are not other bar witnesses or accounts as in other cases, in this specific case, the DA mentioned, only those who Paighton went with could give witness accounts.
There’s no way they didn’t talk to the others who were at the bar. Come on.

No narcan will not cause adverse effects if used when other drugs are in the system other than opiates.

She may have been in an altered state of mind when the text was sent (MOO).
Correct, but nothing has been mentioned by LE, of who supplied PH with Meth or a morphine compound.

How does it affect the body?

• Highly addictive
  • Agitation, increased heart rate and blood pressure
  • Increased respiration and body temperature
  • Anxiety, paranoia
  • High doses can cause convulsions, cardiovascular collapse, stroke or death
Imo, no one, if not by chance/luck, can be saved by a CV collaspe/arrest due to sudden Meth or Amphetamine cardiac collapse, which is much greater in mortality & instant death, than other forms of heart attacks coronary events, in which a defib in collapse, would have to be on hand to be used correctly immediately and used with experienced CPR experts, and even than arrests are often irreversible. A pulseless sudden collapse imo stays pulseless, in other words, dead, very dead. Also, Narcan would worsen if admin if an OD is more Meth related than opioid. Would Narcan be a neutral non harmful substance given, and a rather benign, useless aid in a Meth OD or would it have compounding neg effects in Meth revivals?

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Until, all facts come out, in this specific case, and odd one, imo, in which, no other persons could account for PH being at the Red Tin other then some co workers, any possibility is open to the events that occurred that night. We may never know if certain individuals care more for covering their own arses, which could be as little as their using drugs, evidence that their true characters, being 180 different, than they wish others or family to believe takes precedence over the safety of PH that night at 2am when texts were marked as seen and hindering an active investigation, which they may be innocent of wrong doing in the death and burial, but guilty of being so selfish to hide truths, hinder an investigation from being correctly processed, to cover their own arses, with little care of the results in the end, even innocents, getting jail time.
Oh, and forgot, for directly causing more stress to a loving and caring mother who lost her daughter, CH, imo!

Last edited by a moderator:
I work in substance abuse and Subutex or also known as Suboxone or buprenorphine, will show up in a utox as buprenorphine, not as opiates. The same for methadone, it shows up as methadone and not opiates. You have to test specifically for those drugs. Heroin, oxycodone, codeine, will test positive for opiates.
For those addicted to meth or heroin there is those pills that help you come off and will show a positive in a drug test, it’s called Subytex (don’t know how to spell it, sorry) my sister is on it for heroin and it shows up in drug tests and her husband is addicted to meth and he’s on it too. They both have to wear those sweat patches to monitor drug use. Her husband was busted awhile back for selling those pills because addicts will abuse them. I’m not sure how they work, I think it’s supposed to help with withdrawals and relapsing?

I have no idea why so many people refuse to accept the LE narrative on this story that she left the bar willingly, went to a terrible neighborhood, did a bunch of drugs, and died, all of her own volition. I don’t get it. Pointing out these facts isn’t victim blaming. Sometimes pretty young women full of life and so forth make terrible decisions and it ends up costing them.
I always left the bar willingly...I'm sort of cute, come from a nice home. It happens with addicts and alcoholics. I have two Masters, I hung out in the ghetto so to speak. Made horrific decisions. Its sad she died, but sometimes it happens. You play with fire you get burned.

I always left the bar willingly...I'm sort of cute, come from a nice home. It happens with addicts and alcoholics. I have two Masters, I hung out in the ghetto so to speak. Made horrific decisions. Its sad she died, but sometimes it happens. You play with fire you get burned.
A person can meet fire and burn doing illicit activities or not while doing illicit activities in a 30 million dollar Manhattan condo or on a billionare's personal tropical island.
A prostitute plays with a potential Serial Killer's fire on every call they chance, and may be burned, raped, mutilated, dismembered, or strangled by an evil sexual sadist, but getting burned is not acceptable, even though they chose to play with fire and got burned.
PH did not bury herself and PH may have trusted all the wrong people that night.

This updated article indicates that the coroner has confirmed that there was no evidence of trauma to PH (not just no trauma that led to her death). Is also says a rape kit was performed and sent to the lab. It sounds like they don't have results from that yet.

Jefferson Co. Coroner rules Paighton Houston’s death accidental overdose; No evidence of physical trauma
"... will be sent ..." It hasn't been sent to the state forensics lab yet!
"On February 4, Yates released there was no signs of physical trauma to Paighton Houston. A full sexual assault kit was done. It has been sent to law enforcement and will be sent to the state forensics lab." BBM
I wonder when the the sexual assault kit was done and why it was delayed.

Apparently they did according to the DA, but oddly in this specific case, there were no others to back up what PH's bar buddies gave for witness accounts, which occurs in other similar cases, thus, it is all they have to work with and he, the DA, also referenced about no facts to go on with other supposed connections prior to the case or currently. This was an extremely insightful interview with the DA, imo. The interviews main agenda was to get the DA's evidence of how Paighton came across the likes of FH.

"... will be sent ..." It hasn't been sent to the state forensics lab yet!
"On February 4, Yates released there was no signs of physical trauma to Paighton Houston. A full sexual assault kit was done. It has been sent to law enforcement and will be sent to the state forensics lab." BBM
I wonder when the the sexual assault kit was done and why it was delayed.
He's just saying that he sent the rape kit to law enforcement for them to send on to the forensics lab. He doesn't know if they have or not but it's a much safer bet to phrase it in a way that doesn't presume they have. Rape kits often sit around for years. In this particular case, if Fred claims they had consensual sex it's pretty useless. It seems likely that any additional charges that materialize will be based on witness/perpetrator statements.

I am really unfamiliar with drug use & relapse. Not arguing with your statement at all but it sounds like there is no conscious way to prevent relapse?
Yes, there is. They have to work a 12 step program and do the work suggested. They have to want to get clean for themselves first and foremost. They have to go to meetings, get a sponsor and make their sobriety their first priority. If when it comes behind a man, a job, a house, family, that one relapses, then loses the man, the job, the house, the family. IME.

Where did the word “obese” come from in describing the two HSBM at TRB? That was never used. It was heavy set man. And heavy set is relative to the witness. Big boned is an archaic word for heavy set. IMO

Does LE know who the other man was from that night or did he exist or do they already have him in their crosshairs?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSMEITH1
Back