Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if there has been any follow up with anyone who was working at the bar that night and may have witnessed any interaction between her and the men?

From Tin Roof's official statement on Dec. 24th. I read this to say that TR supplied a list of all the employees that were working that night to LE. I imagine that could be a dozen or more employees and might take time to contact them all. And add in the fact that it's the Christmas holidays.

"We have been in contact with them and have shared any info needed to assist since the report, including all of our staff that worked that evening.

I can't find the post I was going to reply to, but my thought can be applicable to several posts I've seen. Many of us (me initially too), find it strange she texts that she feels she might be in trouble, but doesn't actually to leave the situation, and many people have equated the text to her feeling unsafe. To me (all my own opinion), she felt safe, hence the lack of urgency. There are plenty of times I "feel in trouble" but I'm not worried for my safety. I've made a mistake, and my boss or a friend, or someone is going to get mad at me. I forgot to let the dog out, and I'm going to come home to an accident on the carpet. All trouble, not unsafe. Given we know this sweet girl is a recovering addict, I'm inclined to think she put herself in a position where she felt she may relapse. However, the pull of addiction is so strong, she wasn't ready to actually ask for someone to get her out of the trouble. I think her trouble was relapse, or something else that didn't feel unsafe for her, just felt more like a mistake of some sort. It's the only thing I can fathom that explains the lack of urgency in her text.
MOO

I would have to say that sex trafficking did come to mind initially. I wonder if there has been any further use of her cellphone that has been detected.

I was raised as a southern girl (& have the username to prove it) & this is 100% accurate. This was a very confusing way to grow up & especially confusing when I got to college & didn’t have someone beside me, telling me to “just smile & look pretty” in all kinds of situations.

Just yesterday, my mom was talking about how rude it was to decline an invitation to an event I didn’t want to attend with the person who invited me. I didn’t think much of it, or consider how often I still hear this type of thing from my mother, until reading this.

In one of the articles posted here, PH’s dad says that she has the ability to befriend anyone. I used to be this way & I’m still too nice to people sometimes. This has rarely resulted in a positive outcome, regardless of the other party or situation involved. I’m still here at 36 years old though & I've learned a lot of valuable lessons. WS helps drive those lessons home too!
From one Southern Girl to another -- Bless your heart! I mean it. I was raised the same way here in NC. Be polite, etc., etc. My mother did want me to be wary, however -- not everyone is a good person, but I do understand your post. Growing up a bit and attending a fairly large university did help me to be more discriminating when meeting and being around men and women, and I have survived "in one piece" so far. Thankfully, that Southern Belle train of thought has IMO dwindled down quite a bit, and my granddaughters are not being taught manners in the same way we were, thank goodness.

I can't find the post I was going to reply to, but my thought can be applicable to several posts I've seen. Many of us (me initially too), find it strange she texts that she feels she might be in trouble, but doesn't actually to leave the situation, and many people have equated the text to her feeling unsafe. To me (all my own opinion), she felt safe, hence the lack of urgency. There are plenty of times I "feel in trouble" but I'm not worried for my safety. I've made a mistake, and my boss or a friend, or someone is going to get mad at me. I forgot to let the dog out, and I'm going to come home to an accident on the carpet. All trouble, not unsafe. Given we know this sweet girl is a recovering addict, I'm inclined to think she put herself in a position where she felt she may relapse. However, the pull of addiction is so strong, she wasn't ready to actually ask for someone to get her out of the trouble. I think her trouble was relapse, or something else that didn't feel unsafe for her, just felt more like a mistake of some sort. It's the only thing I can fathom that explains the lack of urgency in her text.
MOO

I think she had just become aware of her situation and she did what she could which is probably why she is missing. The potential captors may have thought she would be unconscious longer, the phone data will show exactly where she was when she sent that text. The police know. All my opinion.

I think she had just become aware of her situation and she did what she could which is probably why she is missing. The potential captors may have thought she would be unconscious longer, the phone data will show exactly where she was when she sent that text. The police know. All my opinion.
I think there would have been a lot more urgency in her message if she'd woken up from being unconscious with strangers.

I haven't read every posts but have been trying to keep up with this in between family and holiday stuff! How do we know that she may have had a substance abuse problem?

I agree. Also, she may not have been given the chance to send the next more "urgent" text before her phone was taken away.

MOO
I think the text message also asked the textee to answer the phone if she called because she sensed trouble.
Lifeline?

MOO
I thought the “in trouble” could be referencing a relapse as well. Although if she had just relapsed and went on a bender of sorts I believe she would have resurfaced by now, especially on Christmas. Something bad has happened with this much time passed IMO.

I think LE has talked to these heavy set black men or at least identified them. I don’t think they are bar security. I think they left with her and she went willingly at least at first. After this, something went awry. Drugs, sexual assault, something that ended up in her unable to come home. I sadly feel this is a Savannah spurlock type of incident and that took a long time for LE to make an arrest. Savannah’s body was found on the property of the parents of one of the men she left a bar with. His cell phone was traced there the next day after Savannah went missing yet she was not discovered until 6 months later.

Here I go again searching for things that put me on a "list". I found oral ketamine lasts about 90 minutes. If these guys used that in her it would have taken 5-20 mins to affect her. If this is correct she would have had it wear off just after midnight if dosed around 10:20-10-30 which works out. If she came to in an odd place with 2 guys she doesn't know, she would probably send a text like that.

Scopolamine takes a lot longer to wear off. Rohypnol takes a long time also but has a paralyzing effect so she wouldn't have walked out.

Bartenders and waitresses would likely know what is going on or notice odd acts. This is all speculation and my opinion.

Here's the source on Ketamine.

Ketamine | Special K | Dorothy | Drugs and Me

I have wondered about someone slipping something into her drink. When reading the effects of Ketamine, I can imagine that someone may appear to be "willingly" doing anything. At the link there is also a section on interactions, and mixing Ketamine with alcohol can be lethal. This does not paint a promising picture.

Here I go again searching for things that put me on a "list". I found oral ketamine lasts about 90 minutes. If these guys used that in her it would have taken 5-20 mins to affect her. If this is correct she would have had it wear off just after midnight if dosed around 10:20-10-30 which works out. If she came to in an odd place with 2 guys she doesn't know, she would probably send a text like that.

Scopolamine takes a lot longer to wear off. Rohypnol takes a long time also but has a paralyzing effect so she wouldn't have walked out.

Bartenders and waitresses would likely know what is going on or notice odd acts. This is all speculation and my opinion.

Here's the source on Ketamine.

Ketamine | Special K | Dorothy | Drugs and Me

I have wondered about someone slipping something into her drink. When reading the effects of Ketamine, I can imagine that someone may appear to be "willingly" doing anything. At the link there is also a section on interactions, and mixing Ketamine with alcohol can be lethal. This does not paint a promising picture.

Alabama governor offers reward in search for woman who vanished from Birmingham bar

This article states she left the bar at 10:45 but the text wasnt sent until 12:14. It seems she left willingly but an hour and a half after being with these men alone she obviously got the feeling things were going in the wrong direction. I can say I do not think she was drugged because usually the signs of that would be obvious. Even if it hadn't kicked in while at the bar, making it possible for her to walk out seemingly normal. Any "drugs" she would have been given certainly would be in effect an hour and a half later, making it less likely she would have been coherent enough to send a text. Her trust was gained by these men and the perpetrators used that to their advantage by getting her to leave with them. After that, is anybody's guess.

Also just read another article that quotes her mother in saying her phone was "going to voicemail." Meaning it was not turned off by Paighton or anyone else for that matter. Usually when cell phones are turned completely off it would say the number you are calling could not be reached. Interesting.

Paighton Houston Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Last edited:
Recovering folks typically don't drink alcohol, no matter what they used as an addict, so she may have been drinking a soda. Idk is typically used by a younger adult in my world ( youngest is 20, and he uses it. My older ones don't) I wonder if "feel" was predictive text, not the word she or someone else meant to use. That whole text is just weird. I am thinking there's no video....its been so long

I thought the “in trouble” could be referencing a relapse as well. Although if she had just relapsed and went on a bender of sorts I believe she would have resurfaced by now, especially on Christmas. Something bad has happened with this much time passed IMO.

I think LE has talked to these heavy set black men or at least identified them. I don’t think they are bar security. I think they left with her and she went willingly at least at first. After this, something went awry. Drugs, sexual assault, something that ended up in her unable to come home. I sadly feel this is a Savannah spurlock type of incident and that took a long time for LE to make an arrest. Savannah’s body was found on the property of the parents of one of the men she left a bar with. His cell phone was traced there the next day after Savannah went missing yet she was not discovered until 6 months later.
Basically everything you said is what I believe is the case, as well. I feel it started as a relapse, but took a turn for the worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie