Alec Baldwin fired prop gun, killing 1 on movie set, Oct 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what to say.

According to HGR's attorney, she has never had an accident and is trustworthy about gun safety on a set.
Yet there are reports about her being careless, "waving a gun around", being negligent with handing a gun to the 11 year old girl on a previous set, and leaving the cart with the 3 guns unsupervised, and not checking the loaded gun before handing it to the AD.

None of it was her fault...the producers are to blame. Producers who weren't even on the set.
And what about the plinking? Is that put aside now?
Live rounds stored in the same area as the dummies and blanks? Presumably in that prop truck? Is it just the one live bullet now that was in the loaded gun?

For the most part we agree. It would send me into sheer panic if someone handed me a ‘cold gun’ and told me to aim at the camera. It goes against the grain of everything I’ve been taught. The responsibility lies with me. But I’ve never been an actor.

Coming in "off the street", being given a "cold weapon" and told to point it at another person would churn my stomach too.

Likewise, I don't think I could aim and fire a weapon at another person- no matter the assurances that it contained blanks, unless I had also checked it. And even, after I checked it, I would not really want to point and fire it at somebody.

I would ask the armorer to show me how a true to the original old west recreation is checked. Yet, I can understand that other actors would be hesitant to handle the weapon more than needed for the scene.

In the end, given that alot of accidental discharges involve people not familiar with a gun trying to check it, I think it is permissible for an actor not willing to learn how to check say, old west or WWII rifles to solely trust the armorer.

Last edited:
The gun wasn't empty. It was loaded with dummies. So for Baldwin to check it, the gun would have to be completely unloaded and each round checked for having a small hole on the side. And I really don't think actors are supposed to be doing that.

From your link I see that LE took a rubber revolver. They should have used that while rehearsing and practicing the cross draw. When they where ready to film they could have then used the real gun. JMO.

The gun wasn't empty. It was loaded with dummies. So for Baldwin to check it, the gun would have to be completely unloaded and each round checked for having a small hole on the side. And I really don't think actors are supposed to be doing that.
I disagree. He could have easily checked for live primers without taking the rounds out of the gun. JMO.

Dummies look like live ammo, the difference is the small hole on the side. How is he supposed to check for live primers without taking the rounds out of the gun?
The primers are at the bottom of the cartridge. It's very easy to check without taking them out of the gun.

Put the hammer at half *advertiser censored*, open the loading gate, and spin the cylinder to check each chamber. I have a link to this being demonstrated in post #783. JMO

This is interesting. AB asks about the plinking and the sheriff says it may have been a rehearsal--that he has received a statement from someone about it.

Also says they checked HGR's pockets and he won't confirm or deny they found live rounds in her pockets and that DH is no longer speaking with them since he lawyered up. I like the way AB went about getting this info from him

Sante Fe sheriff discusses ‘Rust’ film set shooting investigation
A rehearsal????
While reading this thread Im constantly shaking my head and rolling my eyes - my family is starting to worry about me!!!
Ok
If not plinking then what?
Planned murder???

The primers are at the bottom of the cartridge. It's very easy to check without taking them out of the gun.

Put the hammer at half *advertiser censored*, open the loading gate, and spin the cylinder to check each chamber. I have a link to this being demonstrated in post #783. JMO
The guy in the post was showing how to check if the gun is empty. The gun that Baldwin was given was not empty. It was loaded with dummy rounds, and a live round.

The guy in the post was showing how to check if the gun is empty. The gun that Baldwin was given was not empty. It was loaded with dummy rounds, and a live round.

Can you see how if it was loaded with something you would be able to see the primers?

Here's an image that clearly shows the primer while the cartridge is still in the cylinder.

6-shot-cylinder.png

1873 Single-Action Cattleman Revolver

Question ..
Is the armorer, and the AD, and ( preferably ) the actor expected to perform the same procedures while rehearsing vs filming?
Is there a different protocol for weapon handling between the two?
This all just gets muddier and muddier in my head!

Ultimately since the guns are always supposed to be in her line of sight won’t she be responsible for how the live ammo ended up in the gun?
One would think so. She was the one loading and unloading guns-I don't think anybody else was supposed to do it.
She claimed there was no live ammo on the set when first interviewed. Sheriff recently said there was live ammo on the set. So either she didn't know there was live ammo, or she wasn't telling the truth. Then her lawyers put out a statement saying she has no idea how live ammo got onto the set. How would she not know there was live ammo if she was loading and unloading guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader