Alec Baldwin fired prop gun, killing 1 on movie set, Oct 2021 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So not only are the investigators requesting AB's phone, they also want AB's attorney's phone. ???
Curious-er and Curious-er....
BBM:

Detectives still seek Alec Baldwin's cellphone in 'Rust' shooting investigation

"In the affidavit for the search warrant, Hancock wrote that she had “requested Alec’s phone from him, as well as his attorney, and was instructed to acquire a warrant.”

No, what it means is that the request for the phone went to Alec. They requested it from him, but they also requested it from his attorney as well. The request was first made informally, with no compliance from either.

So now there's a warrant for Alec's phone and its associated cloud files from Apple and Verizon (as well as any app they determine is on the phone). I'm sure they're proceeding with the digital records - but if Alec did delete stuff, that's of evidentiary value as well.

Did LE Request Atty's Phone?
So not only are the investigators requesting AB's phone, they also want AB's attorney's phone. ??? Curious-er and Curious-er....BBM: Detectives still seek Alec Baldwin's cellphone in 'Rust' shooting investigation
"In the affidavit for the search warrant, Hancock wrote that she had “requested Alec’s phone from him, as well as his attorney, and was instructed to acquire a warrant.”
@shotgun09 Thanks for your post w link. I read that quote in a different way, as saying in earlier interview(s?),
- LE asked Alec to give Alec's phone to LE, and
- LE asked Alec's attorney to ask Alec to give Alec's phone to LE.

Later Det. Hancock wrote the above as facts in affidavit to support search warrant that LE then presented to a judge to sign.
IOW, LE did not ask for atty's phone, not in early interviews, not in affidavit, imo.

Imo LE's reason for including that in affidavit is simply to document for judge that both Alec & Alec's atty refused to voluntarily provide Alec's phone to LE.

Lawfully refused, w'out search warrant.
But that's a different can o' worms.

{{ETA: @10ofRods Great minds thinking alike? My fingers are just a bit slower:D}}.

Imo, if LE had requested atty's phone, sentence in affidavit would have included the red below or would have had more specific language re atty's phone.
"In the affidavit for the search warrant, Hancock wrote that she had “requested Alec’s phone from him, as well as his attorney's phone, and was instructed to acquire a warrant.”

Last edited:
I'm guessing the problem lies in getting Suffolk County (NY) to recognize as valid the New Mexico search warrant? So further guessing it looks like AB and his lawyers aren't interested in turning the phones over until the NY court orders them to. Is that usual?

Well, if Suffolk County isn't cooperative (there will be no local warrant issued, IMO - as the case is out of state), then the Judge in NM can issue a bench warrant and then approve extradition.

According to the Constitution and federal law, all states must obey the extradition orders of other states. This would be silly, IMO (for Alec to remain evasive to that degree), but NM warrants are valid in NY.

That being said, if NY is very very slow in assisting NM, NM has alternatives. There will of course be bad press for Baldwin, if he chooses to defy a bench warrant.

I do believe that if there's a bench warrant for him in NM, that NM can prevent him from renewing his DL in NY (pretty sure states can do that) and he would of course be uninsurable for future film projects, as he would be in defiance of a criminal court.

I wonder if his own umbrella policy would consider to pay out for him, if he defies the court.

Did LE Request Atty's Phone?
@shotgun09 Thanks for your post w link. I read that quote in a different way, as saying in earlier interview(s?),
- LE asked Alec to give Alec's phone to LE, and
- LE asked Alec's attorney to ask Alec to give Alec's phone to LE.

Later Det. Hancock wrote the above as facts in affidavit to support search warrant that LE then presented to a judge to sign.
IOW, LE did not ask for atty's phone, not in early interviews, not in affidavit, imo.

Imo LE's reason for including that in affidavit is simply to document for judge that both Alec & Alec's atty refused to voluntarily provide Alec's phone to LE.

Lawfully refused, w'out search warrant.
But that's a different can o' worms.

{{ETA: @10ofRods Great minds thinking alike? My fingers just a bit slower:D}} ___________________________________
Hancock = Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office Det. Alexandria Hancock, who wrote "the eight-page Dec. 16 affidavit in support of the search warrant..."

Imo, if LE had requested atty's phone, sentence in affidavit would have included the red below or would have had more specific language re atty's phone.
"In the affidavit for the search warrant, Hancock wrote that she had “requested Alec’s phone from him, as well as his attorney's phone, and was instructed to acquire a warrant.”

Ha - we were typing at the same time. Yes, I agree with you.

Take a look at my last post and see if anything comes to mind - I do think there will be legal consequences of increasing severity if AB continues to defy the judge's search warrant.

Thanks to both of you, @10ofRods and @al66pine!
I realized that I just read that part differently, and of course the LE would not be asking for an attorneys phone. Sometimes I just run with thoughts!

It appears as though AB has again posted another short video of himself....:rolleyes:......with another explanation or two of himself .... :rolleyes:. He Does a little political blame game , He waives the phone around, you know...the one the LE is waiting for......as well as waives a small Splenda packet. Not lying... Coming soon to MSM, with a link hopefully.

Finally! A link within a link!
From the NYT:
Alec Baldwin Says He Is Complying With Cellphone Search Warrant

'Following reports that the actor Alec Baldwin’s cellphone had not yet been turned over to officials investigating the fatal shooting on the “Rust” film set — weeks after a search warrant was granted — Mr. Baldwin said on Saturday that any suggestion that he was not complying with law enforcement was a “lie.”

The sheriff’s office and district attorney of Santa Fe County investigating how a live round got into the gun told media outlets this week that the authorities did not yet have Mr. Baldwin’s phone, prompting the actor to respond in a video posted to his Instagram page.

Login • Instagram

"Filming himself from the driver’s seat of a parked car, Mr. Baldwin said the process for recovering information from his phone “takes time” and involved the authorities in New Mexico coordinating with the authorities where he lives."

I do believe that if there's a bench warrant for him in NM, that NM can prevent him from renewing his DL in NY (pretty sure states can do that) and he would of course be uninsurable for future film projects, as he would be in defiance of a criminal court.

True, but who knows if Alec will even care. He can hire a chauffeur and car to take him and all his family anywhere, at any time. Or just a permanent driver. In his NYC home he doesn't need a car, unlike his Hamptons home.

As to future film projects, who knows. I can see that being insurmountable to the Alec Baldwin of 30 years ago. At this point he could just give up his career. Not that he's exactly a truth-teller, but he did claim that Rust excited him, and that otherwise he was really over making movies.

I don't have the link available for my last sentence above, but he was quoted as saying that in innumerable links already on this forum.

IMO the only thing that will trouble him is if he does face a criminal or civil lawsuit.

@shotgun09 sbm Thx for your post.
After watching that IG clip, I'm lost re significance of Splenda packet w handwriting (my paraphrasing): 2022 will be a good year.
AB interps this to mean this will be a good year for him. And yes, it's a miracle. All because he knows guy whose neighbor found this packet in a store?

NGL, I gotta be missing something. Anyone? TiA.

Alec Baldwin: It's ‘a Lie' That He's Not Helping ‘Rust' Set Shooting Probe

Alec Baldwin said Saturday that any suggestion he’s not complying with the investigation into last fall’s deadly shooting on a New Mexico film set is a lie.

Authorities still don’t have the actor’s phone.

Baldwin said in an Instagram message posted Saturday that New Mexico has to go through New York law enforcement and the process of specifying exactly what is needed takes time.

“They can’t just go through your phone and take your photos, or your love letters to your wife, or what have you,” he said.

“Any suggestion that I am not complying with requests or orders or demands or search warrants about my phone, that’s bull——, that’s a lie,” he said.

Alec Baldwin: It's ‘a Lie' That He's Not Helping ‘Rust' Set Shooting Probe

Alec Baldwin said Saturday that any suggestion he’s not complying with the investigation into last fall’s deadly shooting on a New Mexico film set is a lie.

Authorities still don’t have the actor’s phone.

Baldwin said in an Instagram message posted Saturday that New Mexico has to go through New York law enforcement and the process of specifying exactly what is needed takes time.

“They can’t just go through your phone and take your photos, or your love letters to your wife, or what have you,” he said.

“Any suggestion that I am not complying with requests or orders or demands or search warrants about my phone, that’s bull——, that’s a lie,” he said.

Excuses. If it were reversed he would be irate if someone didn’t hand over the phone for his loved one. We would all know about it. In comparison Halynas husband has been a class act. Worlds apart.

So the LE agency that is investigating this case hasn't taken custody of Alec Baldwins phone yet. Why? This article doesn't explain that.

Can Alec Baldwins lawyers prevent a lawful search warrant from being executed? I don't get this at all. JMO.

ETA. I wonder if an arrest warrant for obstruction of justice for Alec Baldwin would get things rolling. JMO.
Good question. Wouldn’t he have deleted everything by now? Or would it still be retrievable?

Good question. Wouldn’t he have deleted everything by now? Or would it still be retrievable?
I think it's possible that the reason Alec Baldwin hasn't turned over his phone yet is because he did delete incriminating text's from it and doesn't want LE to know that.

Forensic examination of his phone could reveal deletions connected to the death of Halyna Hutchins and that wouldn't be good for him. JMO.

Login • Instagram
“The only way we can honor the death of Halyna Hutchins is to find out the truth. That’s what I’m working towards, insisting on, demanding, that the organizations involved in this investigation do everything in their power to find out what really happened.

Regardless of what they say in these right wing rag sheets and people who are all about hate.”

Any suggestion that we’re not complying, myself and any lawyers I’m working with is a lie.

We are going to. As soon as we get through this process then by all means we will comply.

But I have no worries about that. That’s all going to work itself out.”

So first he says that it is a lie that he isn't complying---then he immediately admits he hasn't complied, and says 'no worries'--it will work itself out. :rolleyes:

Then he takes a page out of OJ's book, and tells us that he is looking for the truth about what really happened---in fact, he is demanding that the investigators do so.....but he is not allowing them to read his texts or emails?

Baldwin released this video on Instagram and it has been copied to to the Youtube format.

Ahhhh, I’m hearing classic blame shifting & circular talk.
Putting all the “love letters” and HB bathroom selfies aside…those two have absolutely zero filter so no telling what the heck was deleted.
That’s what I’m thinking…MOO.

Ahhhh, I’m hearing classic blame shifting & circular talk.
Putting all the “love letters” and HB bathroom selfies aside…those two have absolutely zero filter so no telling what the heck was deleted.
That’s what I’m thinking…MOO.

But, imho LE has viewed similar materials and has the knowledge, skills, and abilities to sort communication relevant to the investigation from the irrelevant.

Santa Fe County is very serious about this investigation, not likely to stand for any leaks as these would put the investigation at risk.

Visited family at Christmas, waiting in the checkout line at WalMart people discussed recipes, number of relatives they're required to visit through the next few days, and "that slick New Yorker Alec Baldwin who thinks he's smarter than us."

I'm not sure of the English meaning of some Spanish terms used to describe him -- but am pretty sure they weren't praise.

jmho ymmv lrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member