Alec Baldwin fired prop gun, killing 1 on movie set, Oct 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@RANCH sbm bbm Thx for your post. Yup, especially if the person speaking is not the armorer.
I agree. However in this case we have an armorer who admits loading a round into a gun that didn't have a hole in it like the other dummy rounds so I wouldn't trust her calling a gun "cold" as being accurate.

The people making this film had to know HGR was a very inexperienced film armorer. Did they take advantage of that and use it to cut corners to save money? JMO.

....Proximate cause - Wikipedia (Perhaps one of our resident attorneys could jump in to help elaborate on this legal concept?)
@Lux et Veritas sbm Hope this helps.
From a legal dictionary website:
"Proximate Cause
An act from which an injury results as a natural, direct, uninterrupted consequence and without which the injury would not have occurred.
Proximate cause is the primary cause of an injury. It is not necessarily the closest cause in time or space nor the first event that sets in motion a sequence of events leading to an injury. Proximate cause produces particular, foreseeable consequences without the intervention of any independent or unforeseeable cause. It is also known as legal cause."

"proximate cause
n. a happening which results in an event, particularly injury due to negligence or an intentional wrongful act. In order to prevail (win) in a lawsuit for damages due to negligence or some other wrong, it is essential to claim (plead) proximate cause in the complaint and to prove in trial that the negligent act of the defendant was the proximate cause (and not some other reason) of the damages to the plaintiff (person filing the lawsuit). Sometimes there is an intervening cause which comes between the original negligence of the defendant and the injured plaintiff, which will either reduce the amount of responsibility or, if this intervening cause is the substantial reason for the injury, then the defendant will not be liable at all.In criminal law, the defendant's act must have been the proximate cause of the death of a victim to prove murder or manslaughter. (See: negligence, intervening cause) " bbm
^ Proximate Cause

@Lux et Veritas And more for your reading enjoyment.

From findlaw.com website,* but not specific to NM torts.
"Elements of a Negligence Case...
"When deciding on a verdict in a negligence case, juries are instructed to compare the facts, testimony, and evidence in determining whether the following elements were satisfied:
  1. Duty
  2. Breach of Duty
  3. Cause in Fact
  4. Proximate Cause
  5. Damages"
More at link, discussing "Cause of Fact" & "Proximate Cause."

* Elements of a Negligence Case - FindLaw

@Lux et Veritas sbm Hope this helps.
From a legal dictionary website:
"Proximate Cause
An act from which an injury results as a natural, direct, uninterrupted consequence and without which the injury would not have occurred.
Proximate cause is the primary cause of an injury. It is not necessarily the closest cause in time or space nor the first event that sets in motion a sequence of events leading to an injury. Proximate cause produces particular, foreseeable consequences without the intervention of any independent or unforeseeable cause. It is also known as legal cause."

"proximate cause
n. a happening which results in an event, particularly injury due to negligence or an intentional wrongful act. In order to prevail (win) in a lawsuit for damages due to negligence or some other wrong, it is essential to claim (plead) proximate cause in the complaint and to prove in trial that the negligent act of the defendant was the proximate cause (and not some other reason) of the damages to the plaintiff (person filing the lawsuit). Sometimes there is an intervening cause which comes between the original negligence of the defendant and the injured plaintiff, which will either reduce the amount of responsibility or, if this intervening cause is the substantial reason for the injury, then the defendant will not be liable at all.In criminal law, the defendant's act must have been the proximate cause of the death of a victim to prove murder or manslaughter. (See: negligence, intervening cause) " bbm
^ Proximate Cause

Thank you, Al66pine! :) Great info to help understand this complex chain of events.

@Lux et Veritas And more for your reading enjoyment.

From findlaw.com website,* but not specific to NM torts.
"Elements of a Negligence Case...
"When deciding on a verdict in a negligence case, juries are instructed to compare the facts, testimony, and evidence in determining whether the following elements were satisfied:

More at link, discussing "Cause of Fact" & "Proximate Cause."

* Elements of a Negligence Case - FindLaw

Excellent. Thanks for your research, Al66pine, very helpful! Bookmarking all your links for future reference as this case proceeds.

Excellent. Thanks for your research, Al66pine, very helpful! Bookmarking all your links for future reference as this case proceeds.
@Lux et Veritas. Thanks for your kind words {{Aw, gee, shucks;)}}.

Keeping track of who is which party in these multiple lawsuits originating from Rust shooting, it may be tricky.

Kinda like the Abbot & Costello routine: Who's on First?

I don’t think Steven Spielberg would have hired HGR. Not only because he can afford anyone with his hefty budget, I just don’t see him ever hiring someone like her. She doesn’t make a good impression and she obviously doesn’t take her business seriously. The very nature of her job is serious, it has the potential to injure or cause death.

Cooperative?
I suppose it depends, to some extent, on who is defining the term.
Speaking gen'ly, not re these specific movie peeps, LE, or attys.

Movie people defining cooperative.
If LE talked briefly w some movie people, say the day of/after shooting, they have the right to refuse. If they did answer, they may say --- to MSM, on soc. media, etc, --- they cooperated fully. They were not obligated to answer questions or to speak w LE, so claiming co-op does not seem inappropriate.

If LEOs asked them to the station for more questioning, again they can refuse. But then publicly announcing they cooperated seems to be one shade of grey, imo. Why announce anything?

If LE then asked them for, say, cell phone, personal possessions, etc, they may have told LE, Nope, Officer, not without a search warrant. It's within their constitutional rights to refuse, and they're not obligated to voluntarily provide their phone, possessions, etc., not w'out a warrant. But publicly claiming they cooperated? Another shade of grey? Subjective? Misleading? Lying?

Again speaking gen'ly about constitutional rights. Not saying what I would do, or what the Rust-related shooting participants/witnesses/ bystanders should have said or done. There are degrees of cooperation. my2ct

LEO defining cooperative?
An LEO might say a person/witness did not cooperate, unless the wit. submitted to multiple hours-long interviews over a period of days/weeks/months.
;) and wit. confessed to the crime, then voluntarily provided LE w the weapon and full color recordings of the homicide, from three angles.
And in hi-res w Dolby sound.;) :D:rolleyes: J/k
Well, an LEO could dream, eh?
*Sometimes vid clips of a death or suspected crime scene may show LEOs there immediately, trying to question bystanders/potential witnesses, who in turn shout obscenities at police, and physically attack police. Sometimes fists, sometimes other weapons, but claim they cooperated w LE.*
Again, just speaking gen'ly, sometimes these people or their attys appear in MSM, soc media, etc., to insist that they cooperated extensively w LE {{;)sarc/and should receive the Citizen of the Year award, if not the Nobel Peace Prize./sarc;)}}.

Last edited:
I don’t think Steven Spielberg would have hired HGR. Not only because he can afford anyone with his hefty budget, I just don’t see him ever hiring someone like her. She doesn’t make a good impression and she obviously doesn’t take her business seriously. The very nature of her job is serious, it has the potential to injure or cause death.
As far as I am concerned, she clearly got the two jobs as an armorer because of her father being an experienced armorer. It would appear to me she couldn't actually tell a difference between a live bullet and a dummy, and loaded a live bullet into a gun because it came out of the box labeled "dummies." Even though she apparently couldn't even figure out where that box came from. An experienced armorer should have been able to figure out it was a live bullet and not a dummy.

I don't know what they expect to find on his cell phone. Clearly he had no idea there was a real bullet in the gun.
What if he texted Hillary that he accidentally pulled the trigger? That would be an interesting tidbit since he went on TV claiming he didn't touch the trigger. I think it is smart the authorities got his phone. Hopefully he didn't bleach bit it. Even if he did, I'd bet LEO already has plenty of information about his texts from his carrier.

Award for AB?
Apparently AB thinks he deserves an award for turning in his phone. Go to the 12 minute mark in this video to hear what he has to say. This guy is insufferable. Login • Instagram
@Gardenista bbm Thanks for your post, w. link, & min. mark.

/ s
Yup, mos' def'. Which award should we nominate him for ---
Citizen of the Year? Nobel Peace Prize?:rolleyes:
Well, at least he did not physically attack police, w fists, a knife, gun, or other deadly weapon, then claim he cooperated w LE. So there's that.
/s. my2ct

What if he texted Hillary that he accidentally pulled the trigger? That would be an interesting tidbit since he went on TV claiming he didn't touch the trigger. I think it is smart the authorities got his phone. Hopefully he didn't bleach bit it. Even if he did, I'd bet LEO already has plenty of information about his texts from his carrier.

The problem is that the police can't view anything between spouses...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper