Alec Baldwin fired prop gun, killing 1 on movie set, Oct 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While working on the film The Old way, she sent weapons provider Seth Kenney messages asking if she could “shoot hot rounds out of the trap door”, according to the report.

“Wtf is a hot round?” Mr Kenney responds, to which Ms Gutierrez-Reed said: “Like a pretty big load of actual ammunition.”

The report says that Mr Kenney advised her to “never shoot live ammo out of TV or movie guns, and to only use blanks”.

“It’s a serious mistake, always ends in tears,” he said.

“Good to know, I’m still gonna shoot mine tho,” Ms Gutierrez-Reed replied.

It does sound like she brought live bullets onto the set of the old way. Ignoring the advice of the armourer mentor.

Excerpt from the Daily Mail link provided by @Dotta :
This is a transcript from when Alec is isolated in a room and appears to be between police interviews:

Call #2 with an unknown woman, thought to be a nanny or assistant

Hi Alec

Hey. Where are the kids?

They're sleeping.

The boys are sleeping?

Carmen is awake.

Did she [Hilaria] tell you what's going on?

Yeah

I'm trying to convince her to come. Right? We should come. And just spend the time here. They're going to do what they gotta do, deal with what they gotta deal with, and I'll go work and we'll go enjoy ourselves. It's all paid for. And they're not going to give us the money back.

BBM

SAY WHAT NOW??????
He's pleading with his wife's nanny or assistant to get Hilaria to come to New Mexico, and they will "go enjoy themselves?" IMO who on earth would even think of that at this moment? He's being interviewed by police, Halyna is dead, everyone on set is leaping on hot coals trying to offload the blame on everyone else, and Alec needs his wife so badly that he's talking about them enjoying themselves? Because it's all paid for, anyway?

As always, his needs come first. It's my opinion that Halyna was nobody to him until her death impacted his narcissistic life.

It's also my opinion and has been all along, that Hannah and anyone else involved in the weapons is most at fault. And this new revelation, that Hannah was going to go rogue on a previous set and use real ammunition.....that attitude should have been relayed around the industry, and banned her for life.

Cross draw. Depending on how fast AB was practicing, who knows where the gun is going to point at...and the pictures above seem to definitely show AB with his finger on the trigger.

No statute of limitations on charges of murder? Or even involuntary manslaughter. I don't really see any criminal charges happening here...but I wouldn't want that hanging over my head.

Investigation continues...

‘Rust’ shooting: Sheriff doesn’t think ‘anyone is off the hook’ for criminal charges

Looks like the statute of limitations in New Mexico is 2 years for misdemeanors, and 3 or more for felonies. LE has a lot of time to think things over.

New Mexico Statutes of Limitations - FindLaw

New Mexico Criminal Statute of Limitations Laws - FindLaw

Oh wow, that was added after I posted. So sad.

I knew you would have alerted us to the graphic nature of it if you had seen it. It made me cry and my stomach was in knots but I think these videos are very impactful-for the perps, the industry and the public at large. AB won’t admit if he has or hasn’t seen it but he should be made to see it…and more than just a few times.

Did anyone here catch the conversation the Script Supervisor was having with the LE? I cannot remember her name, she did state it in one of the released videos. But, she was visibly shaken by the incident, and because she was present in the 'church' she was asked to stay corralled with the rest of those that would be interviewed by LE. This woman was very upset that the Production Management insisted that their lawyer be present for any interview....and she felt they were wanting to be there to " Protect their interests....the bottom line" She did not want them present at all during her interview/questioning. It was bizzarre to say the least, while Halyna's life was fading, and Souza was taken away in an ambulance.

Lots of innuendos in her statement
Production was worried about the cost.....not the victims.

MOO

Agreed. And IMHO the people who hired her should have recognized that.

I’m convinced that her age and relative inexperience is exactly why she was hired.

No professional armourer would do multiple jobs for discount rates and would never have accepted a rehearsal without their presence nor would they have accepted a refusal to attend firearm safety lessons.

Looks like the statute of limitations in New Mexico is 2 years for misdemeanors, and 3 or more for felonies. LE has a lot of time to think things over.

New Mexico Statutes of Limitations - FindLaw

New Mexico Criminal Statute of Limitations Laws - FindLaw

Interesting, from your link..

"The statute of limitations does not run when:
1. The defendant has fled the state;

2. The defendant is not usually a resident of the state".

Interesting. So, if the defendant is NOT a resident of the State of Arizona, the "Statute of Limitations" does NOT run...

Yes, LEO can take as much time as they want here.

Is that the correct interpretation of that law?

Interesting, from your link..
"The statute of limitations does not run when:
1. The defendant has fled the state;
2. The defendant is not usually a resident of the state".
Interesting. So, if the defendant is NOT a resident of the State of Arizona, the "Statute of Limitations" does NOT run...
Yes, LEO can take as much time as they want here.
Is that the correct interpretation of that law?
@mickey2942 bbm rbm
Was ^ sentence supposed to say State of New Mexico?

If your keyboard is like the one on my tablet, it sometimes goes rogue:eek: and makes unauthorized substitutions like that. ;):D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member