Alec Baldwin

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes: "you're going to chew your way through a concrete wall to access your child. You want to be with a child. "

why was that concrete wall in place? i'm honestly believing, rather than Basinger, Baldwin is at fault. thinking he has to treat his 11 year-old as a concrete wall.

So my mother is unusual for 47 years? what can i say? i'm a grown up, i suppose.

I don't think he sees his daughter as the wall. I think he sees all the lawyers and the court orders and his ex as the wall preventing him from seeing her.

Sorry you don't have a relationship with your mom. One of my best friends has a mother like that, and I really don't understand how her mom can turn off the connection so easily. Very sad, but I do think it is abnormal.

Alec Baldwin is 'sorry for calling his daughter a pig'

'The Departed' star, who left 11-year-old daughter Ireland an angry voicemail when she failed to take his call last week, has said sorry in a taped message to air on US chat show 'The View' on Friday.

http://www.24dash.com/showbiz_slapdash/19845.htm

and Baldwin to quit acting?

He said: "If I never acted again I couldn't care less. I would like to devote myself to the cause of parental alienation."

:doh:

He said: "If I never acted again I couldn't care less. I would like to devote myself to the cause of parental alienation."
:rolleyes: lol! Alec Baldwin, poster boy for Parental Alienation Syndrome.

Now if he'd devote himself to intensive therapy instead of blameshifting, there might be some hope for him.

IMO - who cares if Kim was behind the leaking of that tape? Maybe it came down to such extreme measures to get him to STOP. Ireland is just a little girl, she hasn't even reached puberty. She is developing physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. She is not able to process AB's behavior in the way we can. She is internalizing all of it. I was terrorized as a young girl growing up. Verbally and physcially abused, always terrified of everyone and everything because of ONE single bully. To defend this man, to me, is dead wrong. He is her Dad. He is supposed to keep her SAFE in life. She is supposed to be able to trust him unconditionally. He is supposed to be her HERO.

It took me decades to heal from a bully just like AB. But what really took all the work was forgiving the people that didn't HELP me. All the people that looked the other way, or blew it off as a bad day.

There's no excuse people. She's a child. Period. Who cares how he got found out, it is a BLESSING for everyone, including him, that he did. Now, if only he would be SINCERE in his apology.....and take some responsibility. Not holding my breath...:razz:

IMO - who cares if Kim was behind the leaking of that tape? Maybe it came down to such extreme measures to get him to STOP. Ireland is just a little girl, she hasn't even reached puberty. She is developing physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. She is not able to process AB's behavior in the way we can. She is internalizing all of it. I was terrorized as a young girl growing up. Verbally and physcially abused, always terrified of everyone and everything because of ONE single bully. To defend this man, to me, is dead wrong. He is her Dad. He is supposed to keep her SAFE in life. She is supposed to be able to trust him unconditionally. He is supposed to be her HERO.

It took me decades to heal from a bully just like AB. But what really took all the work was forgiving the people that didn't HELP me. All the people that looked the other way, or blew it off as a bad day.

There's no excuse people. She's a child. Period. Who cares how he got found out, it is a BLESSING for everyone, including him, that he did. Now, if only he would be SINCERE in his apology.....and take some responsibility. Not holding my breath...:razz:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I've been reading all the latest on AB elsewhere while surfing, things like how he says AGAIN he's leaving the county, yada-yada, and how he's already taped tomorrow's supposedly emotional interview to be aired tomorrow on 'The View".

ANYWAY, I just had to post something someone posted on an open Message Board as it stuck me so funny :D

• "I hope you left bread crumbs on your polyps as you shoved your head up your *advertiser censored*, cuz you're probably going to need some help findin' your way out."

No. Excuse. For. Talking. That. Way. To. A. Child.

Me and a Superior Court Judge, for sure.

And I suspect there may be others.

Southcity, I can appreciate your point of view and perspective. There are two sides to every story, but IMO, not this one. He is an abuser, plain and simple. I've often wondered if someone had exposed MY "bully" how different my life might have been. I don't have to wonder what I'd do if my ex treated our daughter like AB does his. There's not a Judge on earth Superior enough to stop me from doing absolutely everything in my power, legal or otherwise, to keep him from harming her, even publicly exposing him if that's what it takes. If KB released that tape, she is just the messenger, but she denies it, so we really don't know.

There are 2 sides to all stories but saying Alec is the only at fault is not "2 sides." One news channel indicated Kim's mother sided with him soo.. go figure!?!? None of us know what was going on in their ongoing feud but I have to believe if she were totally sane yourself, she would have been able to work out an agreement at some point on this long journey. Just the same with your "bully" if it was your father or whoever someone could have intervened I would imagaine. ( And I am not saying that is always possible, before any attacks start!)

That section really stuck out to me too. It's organic, I believe - even the worst parents in the world usually desire some sort of relationship with their child. ....

I disagree with this part of your statement. Some parents are monsters and should have no contact with their children. Think about it, do you think a parent who violates their child sexually should have contact with them? What if they emotionally attack their children? Some people have no business being parents in the first place and should be denied any involvement in their child's lives.

not condoning what Baldwin 'said' to his daughter, but i think Kim Bassinger is a bitter aging drunk....but that's jmo...

not condoning what Baldwin 'said' to his daughter, but i think Kim Bassinger is a bitter aging drunk....but that's jmo...

Hey there close_ enough,

I agree, he is not the only party at fault here! People can certainly be driven to the "edge" , not just him, all of us can depending on the circumstances.. Have a good one and don't forgot to holler at me if you head to McMinnville! Lol!

There's a difference between not intervening at all (i.e., if Kim had just said, "Oh, your dad doesn't mean it. Have fun at his house sweetie!") versus going to the judge with the tape and discreetly handling it as has been ordered.

Dealing with AB's anger issues and his hostility that was misdirected at his daughter in no way requires a press release. The American public, regardless of their inane beliefs, is not the judge and jury in Hollywoodland.

Me too, not condoning his behaviour but she is a and has used the kid as a way to repay him (for whatever reason) with hate- woeful-

I disagree with this part of your statement. Some parents are monsters and should have no contact with their children. Think about it, do you think a parent who violates their child sexually should have contact with them? What if they emotionally attack their children? Some people have no business being parents in the first place and should be denied any involvement in their child's lives.

I didn't say that all parents should have contact with their children; I said that the vast majority of parents desire a relationship with their child(ren).

:rolleyes: lol! Alec Baldwin, poster boy for Parental Alienation Syndrome.

Now if he'd devote himself to intensive therapy instead of blameshifting, there might be some hope for him.

He has a short fuse- hey who doesn't- again, not condoning his behaviour but a koala can bear only so much- if people can't see it takes two to tango here, people are only hearing one side of this story- she's as just as much to blame as he is- they are both old enough to know better- heck even rich enough- they should hire the Supernanny LOL- she'll show 'em the right way to bring up kids :p

Southcity, I can appreciate your point of view and perspective. There are two sides to every story, but IMO, not this one. He is an abuser, plain and simple. I've often wondered if someone had exposed MY "bully" how different my life might have been. I don't have to wonder what I'd do if my ex treated our daughter like AB does his. There's not a Judge on earth Superior enough to stop me from doing absolutely everything in my power, legal or otherwise, to keep him from harming her, even publicly exposing him if that's what it takes. If KB released that tape, she is just the messenger, but she denies it, so we really don't know.

Hey Topgunner! :blowkiss:

You're cracking me up. On one hand you say there ARE two sides to every story. On the other hand you say - NOT to this one. I'm very confused:confused: - of course, that's a natural state of being for me!! :crazy:

There are way more than two sides to THIS story - there are many many viewpoints.

It's like the ten blind men touching the elephant - one touches his trunk and thinks THAT's what an elephant is, one touches his leg and thinks THAT's what the elephant is, one touches his side and thinks THAT's what the elephant is; at the end of the day, all those blind men think they know what an elephant looks like, but not one of them can describe it.

We're like those blind men. We may think we know what this elephant really looks like, but our data is limited to the places we are exposed to. Believe me when I say we haven't been exposed to the whole beast!

I agree that Basinger is a messenger......just like Lucifer was!

I agree that Basinger is a messenger......just like Lucifer was!

SCM, I appreciate the fact that your views are based on your personal experience. However, when you say things like this, it just blows me away. I'm not sure why you would liken Kim Basinger to Lucifer. Alec Baldwin's abusive behavior has been documented for years. Isn't it possible she's trying to protect her daughter from being his next victim?

SCM, I appreciate the fact that your views are based on your personal experience. However, when you say things like this, it just blows me away. I'm not sure why you would liken Kim Basinger to Lucifer. Alec Baldwin's abusive behavior has been documented for years. Isn't it possible she's trying to protect her daughter from being his next victim?

Hey Integrity!

I threw in the "Lucifer" play on words (he was a messenger and that was the post I was responding to) because, IMHO, Kim's behavior represents that of a fallen angel more than anything else. I do not consider her evil (just ignorant) and I do not think she is Satan.

Sorry if my joking came across as serious and very sorry if I offended.

Anything is possible. It is possible that Kim is trying to protect her daughter from Baldwin because anything is possible; however, I find the idea of "protection" as Basinger's true motive to be highly highly improbable based on the history of her behavior (as well as Baldwin's behavior) as I know it and percieve it.

Had Kim handled things differently the past 6 years, I'd be shouting from the rooftops that she only has her daughter's best interests at heart. But to me - it is painfully obvious that she does not.

I actually have genuine sympathy for both Kim and Alec. My main focus in this thread has been to simply put forth the idea that the two are at least equally culpable in the mess they have made of this thing. I don't mind people railing against Alec for an inappropriate voice mail. I get that. I don't get railing against his parenting without taking a wide open look at what is going on with the other parent.

Sometimes I think people have a real need to find the good guy and the bad guy in any given situation and paint them completely black or white. That way of looking at things just doesn't resonate with me.

IMHO:

Alec is: angry, rageful, funny, a good actor, a man who loves his daughter, imperfect, a fighter, etc....I could probably list many more good and bad qualities if I knew him.

Kim is: wounded, vengeful, a good actress, a woman who loves her daughter,imperfect, a fighter, etc.... could probably list many more good and bad qualities if I knew her.

So, while I respect the opinion that Kim is only doing this to protect her daughter and maybe that opinion is true because anything is possible, that opinion does not have the ring of truth to me.

I will even go so far as to say that I think Kim has probably convinced herself to some degree that she is only doing this to protect her daughter, but like the rest of us, I am sure Kim is able to delude herself to justify her behaviors.

Sometimes I think people have a real need to find the good guy and the bad guy in any given situation and paint them completely black or white. That way of looking at things just doesn't resonate with me.

Truly, I'm trying to keep an open mind on this one. I don't think Alec is *ALL* bad, but there are quite a few documented instances of really, really bad behavior on his part. I hope the public humiliation of this latest incident has made him ready to deal with his anger problem. If so, this has been a good thing for him and his daughter. One thing I thought was pretty telling was when Alec said (on the now infamous voicemail message), "You'd never dream of treating your mother that way." I dunno, I thought maybe that's because mom treats her with respect. :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jkn1989
Back