Alec Baldwin

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess I have a hard time believing that "straighten your *advertiser censored* out" means anything physical b/c if AB ever laid a hand on Ireland we all know KB would have video, audio and still pictures to prove it.

Exactly - and as I commented before, both of my parents threatened to straighten my *advertiser censored* out from time to time, yet I never was physically assaulted and never took it as a threat of physical assault.

Exactly - and as I commented before, both of my parents threatened to straighten my *advertiser censored* out from time to time, yet I never was physically assaulted and never took it as a threat of physical assault.

dont you think it's at least questionable a beefy, foul-mouthed, 50-year-old father yelling at a skinny 11-year-old about her "A$$" and what he's planning to fly out there for a day and do to her "A$$" and that she "better be ready" for it?! :eek:

anyway, apparently, you were one of the lucky ones whose parents didnt spank you .... very few children are that lucky .... i'm guessing even today it's the minority of children whose parents dont spank them.

dont you think it's at least questionable a beefy, foul-mouthed, 50-year-old father yelling at a skinny 11-year-old about her "A$$" and what he's planning to fly out there for a day and do to her "A$$" and that she "better be ready" for it?! :eek:

anyway, apparently, you were one of the lucky ones whose parents didnt spank you .... very few children are that lucky .... i'm guessing even today it's the minority of children whose parents dont spank them.

I think we each interpret that phone call differently based on our own experiences and life outlooks. Some posters heard a lunatic out of control father threatening his daughter. Some posters heard an angry, frustrated father having a terrible parenting moment. Some posters heard something in between.

All of these opinions are viable and reasonable - as varied as the people who hold them. I respect them all, but I only agree with some of them.

And yes - I am a lucky girl!

""It sounds like your father's tantrum last weekend really upset you. Is that something you can talk to him about? You're supposed to spend Saturday with him this weekend - how do you feel about doing that?""

How about if the child consistently begs she s/he doesn't want to see daddy? again and again? every time the subject comes up? are their feelings to be disregarded?

i have no idea if this is the case with Ireland.

that's really the significant issue, Floh, ..... believing a child who's crying out for help ..... even when the parents are married, it's impossible for the nonabusive parent to always be at his/her child's side when the abusive parent is around .... but once the parents are divorced and the abusive parent has the child all to himself, then the nonabusive parent must heed the child's begging to not be forced to go with the abusive one.

did you see the "mommy dearest" interview of anna nicole smith with ET shortly before she died? while i personally believe her motivation was to get her mother to stop trying to intervene between her and her drugs, a lot of people have heaped invective on virgie, claiming it meant that virgie failed to protect her from an abusive family member and that virgie is a rotten human being because of that very thing.

I think we each interpret that phone call differently based on our own experiences and life outlooks. Some posters heard a lunatic out of control father threatening his daughter. Some posters heard an angry, frustrated father having a terrible parenting moment. Some posters heard something in between.

All of these opinions are viable and reasonable - as varied as the people who hold them. I respect them all, but I only agree with some of them.

And yes - I am a lucky girl!

It may have been an angry frustrated father having a bad parenting moment but IMO the problem is its one of many many bad parenting moments, The Court has given sole pysical custody to the mother. Over the years its Alec Baldwin who has been ordered into anger management and limited visitation.
If encouraging ones daughter to be in a relationship with an abusive male is what makes one a good mother count me out. Forcing Ireland Baldwin to accept Alec Baldwins behavoir and contantly forgive because he is her father just sets her up to live a life of being submissve to abusive men because they are her husband/boyfriend etc.

Alec is a bully and probably a narcissist as well . Notice how he
is raging/ abusing and claiming to be the injured party and blaming the real victim ( Ireland) for his horrid abusive behavior . She has made him
look foolish . Really ? Seems to me he did a pretty good job of that all
by himself . Notice as he talks the level of anger is increasing yet this is
a message - no one is agiating him - he is making himself angrier .

A very typical trait of people suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder . He is the one screaming at a minor child for not answering the phone . No concern of why, he just assumes it was malicious intent and
punishes her ( the insult ) and the promise there is more to come . ( I am coming out there ) Calling his daughter a pig - every little girl wants to hear that from her dad who is supposed to love her .

The only way you EVER stop a bully is to publicly expose him. Alec probably didnt know the call was being taped. It certainly shows he isnt fit to be a parent.

As far as Kim being agrophobic also classic symptom of someone who
has suffered abuse at the hands of a bullying narcissist.

Too often these creeps keep getting away with it. Most believe the
public " I am such a nice guy and have been so mistreated ".
When the real truth is the exact opposite . He has no justification
for his remarks or his behavior.

How many court orders would you defiy to protect your child
from a incurably mentally ill bully ?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hear you Floh and I get that others feel that way as well. I didn't feel like Ireland was being threatened in the tape. I heard lots of anger and frustration, but no real threats.

Over the course of my preteen/teen years, both of my parents at one time or another threatened to come somewhere and straighten my arse out, but neither of them ever hurt me physically. I was a difficult teenager - well versed in saying and doing the right things to push my parents over the edge.

Do I think it was right for Baldwin to call his daughter a rude little pig? No, I don't. Do I think she was probably being a rude little pig? Yeah, I do.

I raised five kids and threatened to straighten their *advertiser censored*'s out multible times. Those times were usually associated with drugs, drinking, cutting school, sneaking out at night etc. I dont think not answering ones phone is being a rude little pig or warrents being called one. I think there comes an age in a childs life where talking on the phone to your parent that lives 3000 miles away (by choice) is not something you want to plan your life around.

From Seven's post

"Ireland knows whether it was a threat of physical violence or not, because she's lived through his tantrums before ...... and according to harvey levin, ireland, herself, gave him permission to publish the tape."

If this is true then IMO its obvious this child is tired of being bullied.

It may have been an angry frustrated father having a bad parenting moment but IMO the problem is its one of many many bad parenting moments, The Court has given sole pysical custody to the mother. Over the years its Alec Baldwin who has been ordered into anger management and limited visitation.
If encouraging ones daughter to be in a relationship with an abusive male is what makes one a good mother count me out. Forcing Ireland Baldwin to accept Alec Baldwins behavoir and contantly forgive because he is her father just sets her up to live a life of being submissve to abusive men because they are her husband/boyfriend etc.

I don't advocate forcing a child to be in a relationship with an abusive male or female. Both Ireland's parent's strike me as abusive and these are the cards she has been dealt and must play.

I advocate encouraging and supporting a child to work out an independent relationship with the "other" parent with which the child feels comfortable.

I advocate helping the child understand the reality that parents are not perfect and that most of us do the best we can with the tools we've got - and still, we fall short.

I advocate mirroring the child's negative feelings back to her when she's processing feelings from her relationship with the other parent without ever crossing the line and saying, "Yeah - he's a gigantic jerk and this is what I've been trying to protect you from all these years" etc...etc.. or any similar stream of vitriol (save that for your girlfriends - and I am guessing if Kim had some of those she wouldn't have to share all this with strangers).

I advocate helping the child deal with the wide spectrum of human behavior that exists in the world. Lots can be learned by interacting with someone who is verbally abusive if we allow ourselves to get the lessons. Sometimes the lesson is as simple as "Hey - I'm not going to interact with someone who talks to me like that" but I am often amazed out how long it takes some people for that truism to sink in.

I advocate assisting the child in processing her hurt and anger about a super harsh voice mail in a healthier way than agreeing for it to be published on the web.

I advocate helping the child understand the reality that the only behavior she can ever change in this life is her own, and I advocate encouraging the child to look at any part she may have played in being a victim of verbal assault. She may not have played a part, but honest self-examination on the point will be a powerful tool for her in the future.

As I said in my earlier post, if a child tells you constantly "I don't want to see Dad," you have to respect that. I know I would.

However, if you - as the child's mother - have continually denigrated the child's father to the child over the years (as Basinger has done in), you've influenced your child's decision at great peril to your child.

He had to have known it was taped or recorded. He was leaving it on voicemail or an answering machine. I just think he was so angry he had to say what he had to say right then. Whether it was directly to Ireland or on the machine.

My ex hasn't played much of a role in raising our two children. He always told them he would call them every Friday evening. This usually lasted about two weeks. After that he quit calling. It didn't fit his schedule. When he finally wised up and realized that he didn't know his own children and started to call faithfully most times they weren't around to take the calls. Did he call and leave nasty msgs. to them? No. He would say "Hey, sorry I missed you. I love you, call me." My point is this happens to divorced fathers all the time. I'm sure there are more out there than Alec Baldwin that berate their kids for it but I think the majority don't. It's been known for a long time that he has anger issues.

However, if you - as the child's mother - have continually denigrated the child's father to the child over the years (as Basinger has done in), you've influenced your child's decision at great peril to your child.

Since I dont live in Kim Bassingers house I cant comment on what she has or ha not said to her child or how she has helped or not helped her child handle an aggressive father.

From Seven's post

"Ireland knows whether it was a threat of physical violence or not, because she's lived through his tantrums before ...... and according to harvey levin, ireland, herself, gave him permission to publish the tape."

A wise mother might have said "Ireland, I understand that you want the whole world to hear this tape because it hurt and angered and frightened you. I would feel the same way if I received a message like that from my father at your age. I am so sorry that you are hurting and I will do anything I can to walk with you through this.

But I can't allow TMZ to publish that tape. You're not old enough to understand this yet (and yes, I know you hate hearing me say that), but nothing good can happen for you and nothing good can happen for our relationship and nothing good can happen for your relationship with your father by allowing everyone in the world to hear that message.

Your relationship with your father is your business and I will support your decisions with what you want to do with that relationship right now. I understand that you are furious with him and I respect that. But the Court has told me and your Dad both not to air this type of stuff publically because it only harms you. And the Court is right about that and I am going to do what the Court says because I am not above the law.

I love you. And whether you believe it or not, so does your Dad. We'll get through this and heal from this together. Whether you understand my decision, please know that I only have your best interests at heart."

Or something along those lines.

Since I dont live in Kim Bassingers house I cant comment on what she has or ha not said to her child or how she has helped or not helped her child handle an aggressive father.

Neither do I, but from what has been aired publically, I believe she has done everything in her power to alienate Ireland from her father.

I don't live in Baldwin's house either, but I'm sure that tape we heard isn't the only time he has berated his daughter harshly.

I'm just putting together the clues about both parents based on the information I see.

My point is this happens to divorced fathers all the time. I'm sure there are more out there than Alec Baldwin that berate their kids for it but I think the majority don't. It's been known for a long time that he has anger issues.

I think you're right about this. That message Alec left was about a lot more than his daughter just missing a planned phone call. I suspect he believes Ireland and her mother pay games with him - either separately or complicitly - with issues like this.

Alex is an angry man. It shows. I don't know Kim at all but I can understand why she would keep her distant from Alex. She does't want to subject herself to his behavior either. Unfortunately, Irleand is part of their union and Alex is her dad. This makes it hard for all if you have a man who has MAJOR ANGER ISSUES.. Like I've said before, if Alex was a calmer loving dad, I'm sure there wouldn't be all these court apperances and orders blah blah blah.. Irleand would probably love being around her dad and Kim wouldn't be trying to keep her away from him.. Alex has been on the news many times regarding his ANGER.. It's all about him and his ego and CONTROL!!!!! what a baby.. wah wah wah.. :boohoo:

I was almost going to defend him (as a parent, I have gotten angry and said thing I later regretted, although nothing like he did) but when I read about his comments about stoning Henry Hyde, his wife and kids, that did it in for me.

He has serious issues and hopefully will get his temper under control so he can be a decent father to his daughter.

What bugged me most about his recorded voicemail wasn't the name calling so much, but that he said he makes an *advertiser censored* of himself to find a phone to call her at the scheduled times (I am paraphrasing).

Why does it make him look bad to be a good father who calls his child?? Surely his coworkers understand this. He made it sound like some huge issue to call her.

From Seven's post

i just went over to TMZ to try to find the article i saw that in .... found the article, couldnt find the statement .... as i was looking around the net, i found this bit about alec's lawyers ....

"In a declaration made by Baldwin's attorney Vicki J. Greene, she claims Kim Basinger or her "employees agents or attorneys" are the only possible sources of the leaked tape. As a result of these claims, the filing asks the court to determine whether there are grounds to hold Basinger in contempt of court. ... (snip)
Additionally, Baldwin's filing asks for the court to order Kim Basinger, her attorney Neal Hersh, his associate Judy Bogen and TMZ head Harvey Levin to the hearing to testify regarding the leaked tape.

Levin and TMZ had no comment"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18234822/

i just went over to TMZ to try to find the article i saw that in .... found the article, couldnt find the statement .... as i was looking around the net, i found this bit about alec's lawyers ....

"In a declaration made by Baldwin's attorney Vicki J. Greene, she claims Kim Basinger or her "employees agents or attorneys" are the only possible sources of the leaked tape. As a result of these claims, the filing asks the court to determine whether there are grounds to hold Basinger in contempt of court. ... (snip) Additionally, Baldwin's filing asks for the court to order Kim Basinger, her attorney Neal Hersh, his associate Judy Bogen and TMZ head Harvey Levin to the hearing to testify regarding the leaked tape.

Levin and TMZ had no comment"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18234822/

I wonder if TMZ will protect their source at the risk of going to jail - or spill the beans....

I raised five kids and threatened to straighten their *advertiser censored*'s out multible times. Those times were usually associated with drugs, drinking, cutting school, sneaking out at night etc. I dont think not answering ones phone is being a rude little pig or warrents being called one. I think there comes an age in a childs life where talking on the phone to your parent that lives 3000 miles away (by choice) is not something you want to plan your life around.

Yeah, Tybee, I think most parents have made these types of threats - especially to preteens/teens.

I think - as I mentioned in another post - that Alec was hooting and hollering not over one incident of a a phone not being answered, but rather by what he saw as a series of games his daughter plays with him with the phone.

It seems to go much deeper to me than a missed phone call. Not excusing him, but I think the crackpot message was over more than that.

i understand about there being a wide range of reactions from listeners outside the family, but my question was about your, personal reaction to the facts, southcitymom! :)

Dont you think the threat of corporal punishment is at least possible? .... a beefy, foul-mouthed, 50-year-old father yelling angrily at a skinny 11-year-old about her "A$$"? .... and what he's planning to "fly out there for a day" to do to her "A$$"? .... and that she "better be ready" for it?! :eek: .... especially says he's gonna make sure she knows how angry he really is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxwD4UGnJjc

th_ky-Ques.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HatsDom