Found Safe Alison Chao, 15-year-old girl Missing in San Gabriel Valley Last seen 7/16/24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we to expect that the Alison’s Path Tracker map may slow down due to all new information going through the Monterey Park Police first through their dedicated tip line and email? Am I understanding the situation correctly?

It was moving so fast in the beginning, but even though there was volunteer searchers out yesterday, I see no change on the tracker map yet.
To my knowledge the tracker has not been updated since the initial 'we're on hold" type of message came out.

My gut tells me:

- there have been more sightings identified but not listed;
- LE have narrowed their focus to a house/area/individual (& don't need addl video)

Hoping for good news soon.

MOO

Do we know if the aunt is the mother's or father's sister ?
Which aunt? The destination she was headed in San Gabriel is dad's sister.

But sisters of mom have been helping her with setting up the insta, website, contacting social media.

In other words there are many aunties involved- in this case I think it's aunts in the western sense who are siblings of Alison's mom or dad, not "aunts" in the amorphous community sense..

Last edited:
Two media-ish questions:

1) Anyone hear more details on today's press conference featuring Alison's father?

2) Anyone know how to confirm topics for tonight's Nancy Grace show?

Thank you!

"Her father is expected to speak to the public at 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday downtown Los Angeles"

Downtown is an interesting choice... a few miles from Monterey Park. Perhaps in front of the Courthouse???

Any chance Alison might have harmed herself?
I think that is what is worrying people at this point ...

It's been 6 days. Almost 7. Her bike and backpack (which looked full) have not been located... which points to less likely to be an accident or kidnapping.

Can she hide out for this long? Where and with whom? Is someone harboring her? (This is my hope.)

Did she have self harm ideation? Where could she have done anything?

It's a very very urban area for miles and miles. You cannot just be a 15 yo child (who looks much younger) wandering around alone and not be noticed by people driving around.

Last edited:
I don’t know where in the El Sereno area the woman in the article lives, but she is one who provided video of Alison riding past her house, it says. But then, it says this:

“The new video trail throws a loop into the investigation, as Chao can be seen riding in the opposite direction of where her family member lives. Some sources say that the trail is heading towards a different home, also owned by her father.”

(Are they talking about another home in the El Sereno area than the one we heard about, so that there are two different homes owned by the father’s family side in El Sereno, or are they referring to the San Gabriel home where they say she was riding in the opposite direction? Now I’m confused, after thinking about it.)

Last edited:
Do you mean, the video of when she's initially setting out from what I believe to be her father's place on N Ynez Ave? While it's certainly possible that she doesn't ride often, if Alison was upset and was running away, possibly to escape a difficult family situation, mightn't that affect how she was riding? (She also might have been carrying more than usual.)

In subsequent sightings, she appears determined to go where she was heading.

JMO
true. good points.

That video of her riding the bike looks staged. I only say that because I am a bike rider and she is a very shaky rider. That says to me that she doesn't ride often. So why does someone who doesn't ride often choose to go a good distance in rush hour traffic?
I had the same feeling- she is riding in the middle of the road most of the time.

I don’t know where in the El Sereno area the woman in the article lives, but she is one who provided video of Alison riding past her house, it says. But then, it says this:

“The new video trail throws a loop into the investigation, as Chao can be seen riding in the opposite direction of where her family member lives. Some sources say that the trail is heading towards a different home, also owned by her father.”

(Are they talking about another home in the El Sereno area than the one we heard about, so that there are two different homes owned by the father’s family side in El Sereno, or are they referring to the San Gabriel home where they say she was riding in the opposite direction? Now I’m confused, after thinking about it.)
I believe there is just one home owned by father's family in El Sereno.

When it says 'opposite direction of where her family member lives,' i believe they mean Alison's aunt (father's sister).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240723-123907_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240723-123907_Chrome.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 24
Thank you! I didn't see a video there but I did see this picture. When i saw it the first time I noticed she appears to be navigating a parked car. What a tricky bike ride this brave girl took. Please let her be safe.
Yeah,I looked on Google street view, and this is the view in the direction Alison was biking. Parking isn’t allowed on the other side of the street, and maybe there’s often a good number of parked cars to navigate around on the side Alison was riding on. JMO

IMG_0423.jpeg

Replying to my own post as I just saw this from Nancy Grace's X account - she will cover Alison's disappearance tonight.

Unfortunately with NG needing some lead time before her stuff goes out (she herself usually isn't knowledgeable of minute details about the case itself since she has research staff), I wonder if it will even be updated with info from the press conference set to start at 130pm Pacific time (=430pm Georgia/CNN studio time.)

I'm glad it'll be covered by her for exposure I guess but with this now seen as more of a runaway case vs an abduction- it worries me that the focus was wrong all this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member