All About George

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this on another thread, and I really feel it belongs here, too.

Another poster, BellaPhia, posted on the "Discussion of Audio...", here, http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3022353&posted=1#post3022353, that:

"I love how every time George makes an honest attempt to ask Casey a meaningful question, CA tries to take the phone or interupts him. Its so obvious she doesnt want him involved in anything remotely close to trying to get answers from her. I get the impression after the visit on the 25th CA must have told GA, "Let me ask the questions" you just try to keep her spirits up. George is low man on the totem pole in that family, and Lee confirms that as KC laughs when he is telling who is Priorities are...."Caylee is first .....last is Dad"....as KC chuckles. I feel they think of him as a joke or something.

My response to Bellaphia's post is as follows:

Bolded is mine. This is exactly why Casey would have involved her father in trying to cover up what she did, thus potentially incriminating him, instead of her brother. I think Casey really believed her dad would, for the sake of maybe for the first time in a long time being really IMPORTANT to Casey, cover for her all the way to his grave.

This is why I think George had a lot more to tell the Grand Jury (whose proceedings are secret to the present, and will remain so ad infinitum) than we've ever heard re: what he knows, starting at least as early as what happened on June 24 through to the present, which I believe is a lot more than we know, and which is why the state has not taken the DP off the table (nor should they.)

How many times have folks done things for those around them in order to please them and be held in their higher graces? Perhaps at the time George was happy to finally be thought of not so much as a goof by his child but as someone who could actually help her, and so he did, and never told Cindy about it, but finally told the GJ.

He's probably hoping just as much as Casey that she'll somehow get some good plea deal, and that she'll take it, so he never has to fess up to Cindy re: what he told that Grand Jury about their precious Casey. This is why I think he has, after that GJ indictment day, when he seemed to have "done the right thing," done an about face and gone back to the "Caylee is alive" charade - it's to appease Cindy and the rest of them, and if a plea happens, and he never has to testify, maybe his family will never know he finally told the truth...

Why would GA even bother to call and report stolen gas cans when he and CA were used to KC taking gas all the time? I would think he would just ASSUME that KC had been there and taken the gas cans - just as she had so many times before.

I find it incredible that he reports two stolen gas cans, but smells the odor of decomposition in the car, immediately recognizes what it is, does nothing, drives the car home and CA says "Jesus Christ, what died?" Still nothing in his brain triggers the remotest thought that he should call 911. Actually, I'm surprised that neither CA nor GA called 911. Remember, at this point, he allegedly has no idea of the location of KC or Caylee. All beginning to smell like fish.

He goes to work (he says), Still, when he comes home and CA is on the phone with LE reporting a kidnapped child, he STILL doesn't make a connection? Because if he had made the connection, he would have grabbed the phone from CA and spilled his guts to LE about the odor in the car. He would also have grabbed KC and shaken the daylights out of her and demanded to know "WHERE IS CAYLEE!!!!!!!! Someone was dead in your trunk! WHERE IS CAYLEE"????

This does not look good for GA. Remember that he threw up after his interview with LE where he was describing the odor in the trunk. If I were that frightened and sickened and worried, you bet I would call LE.

George's track record speaks for itself .. :rolleyes:
It's painfully obvious that he is NOT a thinking person ..

I can't believe the number of FU's he's made during this investigation ..
frustratedf.gif

It's ridiculous ..

Taking this train of thought into whether or not George knew/knows that Caylee was/had been in that car's trunk, either (1) George smelled the decomp smell coming from the car on June 24, but couldn't manage to get control of the vehicle to see for himself what was causing the smell, but he knew Casey was alive cause they were fighting about the gas cans, or (2) George did get control of the vehicle on June 24, and learned that Caylee was inside, thus he knew she was no longer inside on July 15 when he opened the trunk in front of the tow yard guy.

Bumping, and also linking this discussion here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3018138&highlight=george#post3018138
Also, from last night's Nancy G show:
I don't think George knew what the heck was happening June 15/16 when it was happening, and I don't think he saw them the morning of June 16.

I do think that George smelled the decomposition coming from the vehicle on June 24, when he and Casey argued next to the vehicle about the gas cans.

George also knew how bad the car smelled when he picked it up on July 15.

When he finally spoke to the FBI and told them all the business about seeing the girls the morning of June 16, I believe that it was because he was trying to begin providing support for his daughter's story from the moment that her story cracked at the seams in his own mind: in hindsight, he likely believes that Caylee was deceased as of the morning of June 16, which is why he starts "covering" for Casey at that point in time.
See here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3618501#post3618501

This about sums up what I think about George - and I hope that he told the GJ the truth when he testified...

One of the many thangs that pops out at me is why did GA puke during the LE/FBI interview. Can anybody remember what was being ask about when he did this? I have always had that up on my shelf of wonders. I wonder if he saw or even touched Caylee's "remains". He sure jumped at Morgan when he ask GA about Caylee's "remains".

One of the many thangs that pops out at me is why did GA puke during the LE/FBI interview. Can anybody remember what was being ask about when he did this? I have always had that up on my shelf of wonders. I wonder if he saw or even touched Caylee's "remains". He sure jumped at Morgan when he ask GA about Caylee's "remains".

so much information and so little memory here so I can't with any confidence answer your question but I will say, YEAH, GA seems to be the ONLY one who has any obvious emotional reaction , (other than anger or stone-faced) when subjects that point toward the "mind -picture" of a dead Caylee are broached.
Curious.

Mamabear...................it's been a while since I saw the video of George's interview, but I'm pretty sure that just before George got up and left the room to get sick, they were talking about the dead body odor in the car.

It's the same interview in which George was concerned that Lee would know he had come there voluntarily, and George wanted them to call Lee and ask him to come down there and mention that they had asked his dad to come too, so it would appear that they both were asked to come for an interview.

Mamabear...................it's been a while since I saw the video of George's interview, but I'm pretty sure that just before George got up and left the room to get sick, they were talking about the dead body odor in the car.

It's the same interview in which George was concerned that Lee would know he had come there voluntarily, and George wanted them to call Lee and ask him to come down there and mention that they had asked his dad to come too, so it would appear that they both were asked to come for an interview.

Wow-even after all this time the family dynamics of the A family still blow me away. :banghead: And here is GA trying to drag LE into the little games they play with each other. Wonder if G&C were like this before the children came along? And I wonder what kind of PO or Det. GA really was like?:waitasec:

After last weeks show at the deposition, I wasn't sure George was even gonna pull through this week ..

Maybe they ran out of meds, pizza and beer or maybe they just took his keys away ..

<shrug>

http://www.wftv.com/video/17934383/index.html

From this interview, (now knowing what I know of GA) I think his nerves got the best of him when he knew that LE was calling LA to come and hear the 911 tapes. He was probably worried that CA would find out what he had been saying about her when he "sets the record straight" between LE and him. During this interview, he discusses having "bad vibes" the very first day he got that car and he hopes that the conversation between he, JA and YM can stay within the "confines" of the three of them. He goes on to say that CA has "been tough on you guys, we talk about going on emotion." He says "I'm not trying to say I can't shut her up, I try. I try putting my hand over her mouth. I try pulling her away. All that does is infuriate her even more."

Was he really concered about Caylee? NNNNaaah... I just don't think so. He drove the car home with the smell all over that car. That has really bothered me. I would have immediately called the police from the start because he knew that CA had been talking to KC (but not talking to Caylee). From what I now know about him.... I think he was worried that CA would find out just what he had been saying about HER and KC to LE. He wasn't that worried about Caylee because he already knew in his mind what had happened to Caylee. GA needs to "man-up" for once in his life for his granddaughters sake. JMO

Oh...is that maybe why he got so angry and said he wouldn't talk about the last time he saw his grandaughter? How horrid.

He says the last time he heard his grand daughters voice was June 16th-but has he ever said what she said? That's what I don't understand-he never said that he got a hug or a kiss or if she was running around that afternoon or if she was playing with the dogs-just what she was wearing! What were those last words George?:furious:

Understanding GA has been a complex task for me:
1) At first he was so cooperative and helpful with LE.
2) He began showing a seriously uncontrolled anger. (chasing protesters w/hammer or hose.)
3) It became evident to me that Cindy had total control of him except the times he
would sneak away, lie, & god knows what (visions of KC).
4) His behavior at the jail visit of using "flattery" with KC to show alliance and this obviously pi$$ed CA off!
5) The suicide attempt - I admit I felt a tiny bit sad for him but came to realize IMO it was a ploy to get attention and play victim (and perhaps get a break from CA).
6) The Caylee Memorial service asking for people to write & send cards ($$$) to KC just did it for me.
7) The KidFinders bass boat with Caylee's name just made me ill.
8) The depo was disgusting - GA's arrogance was way over the top. Me thinks he doth protest way too much.
9) I have had nagging thoughts for months that he had a hand in helping KC - exactly what way I haven't been able to grasp. But after reading through this thread I feel much more certain that GA is involved much more than many would believe. Cindy is the mouthpiece and GA is the sneaky scoundrel IMO.
10) Based on what I read here along with my gut feelings, LE would do well do check closely into this man's story. (Perhaps they already have his number?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn_W View Post
Hello all. This has been bothering me for a while. I watched Greta interview the Anthony's way back in the beginning of the case. I remember specifically Cindy took Greta out to the shed and then into the house to talk to George, already sitting on the sofa. Greta asked about the gas cans and Cindy said to ask George.

George told the story about Casey coming by and him getting back the gas cans. I coulda sworn he said he went to the back of the trunk, could see the whole opened trunk and then said: "No Caylee." I can still picture him with his hands up with a "Where's Waldo? expression.

His "story" struck me as so odd- that it actually bothered me and it still does because now he says he didn't get to see in the trunk. Does anyone have a link to that video interview that originally aired on Greta? A while back, I found the transcript and this part was actually missing from it. I know I saw and heard this statement.

JoAnn_W

I do recall very well when George made that statement that he looked in the trunk.If you watch the video you will hear where Cindy and George tell Greta that he looked in the trunk of the car on June 24 and saw the gas cans and did not smell any odor. But that is not what he told LE in his statement on Aug 4.

Caylee Marie Anthony case - cops cases and clues 3, Cindy and George STATE's THAT HE LOOKED IN THE TRUNK OF THE CAR ON JUNE 24TH AND THAT IS WHEN HE SAW THE GAS CANS AND THERE WAS NO ODOR! (In George's statement he said, he DID NOT LOOK IN THE TRUNK OF THE CAR!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mIY...eature=related

More on, The Interview with Greta, tour of home, cops cases and clues 2 in Aug . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYy30_Jxx1c

Caylee Marie Anthony case - cops cases and clues 4-(JOHN ADMITTS THAT CASEY WAS AT FUSION ON JUNE 20-Strange letter that Casey was writting, turned out to be the letter she wrote and gave to a guard, it was for George and he states he didn't know anything about the letter) Lee also admitts that he knows how the jail system works..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03CSv...eature=related
Caylee Marie Anthony case - cops cases and clues 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoSf-...eature=related

George then went on to say that he never looked into the trunk when questioned by LE.

When investigators spoke to George Anthony on Aug. 4, he told them about an encounter he had with his daughter on June 24 -- the day he reported two gas cans stolen from his shed. When he headed toward the car, Casey raced past him to get to the trunk before he did.
She quickly opened the lid, cursed at him and handed over the cans. He never saw inside the trunk. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...2.story?page=2
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

A number of scenarios cross my mind:

1. GA has had cause in the past to be afraid of KC.

2. GA has been worried about things like:
a) stealing money from E V E R Y B O D Y
b) stealing gas
c) wild nights out partying when she should be home being a mother
d) no job
e) changing boyfriends like he changes his socks
f) perhaps getting into drugs

3. When GA smelled decomp, because of the above reasons, he immediately suspected KC. That's why he didn't call 911.

Why would a parent do that? Because they have had cause to suspect this possibility in the past. GA has probably been worried at some time in the past that KC could do something to destroy the grandparent relationship. He was not probably thinking as drastic as murder but more like moving away and taking Caylee and not telling them where they were. If KC could just disappear for 31 days at a time WITH Caylee and they didn't notify LE, then they have experienced these lapses before.

Any "normal" parent would have immediately called 911. Not because they suspected their own child necessarily, but because their child (or in this case, grandchild) may be the source of the decomp smell. I think he already knew from the moment he smelled decomp that KC was the perp.

JMO

I agree. A normal parent would call 911 NOT because they suspected their own child. They would call because they DID NOT suspect their child. This is very telling to me.
I'm with you. Their actions on this day have always been questionable to me.

Maybe George told the FBI about the laundry or clothes bag ..

I know he said it and I know that I heard him! :D

I always thought that G and C thought there was a dead body that WAS in the trunk but never dreamed it was Caylee. I think they thought that KC was involved in disposing of a body; using her car but it was some one who got killed as a result of a bar fight or what ever, just not Caylee. Once they realized it was Caylee they shifted big time to defense mod to protect KC. I don't think that means they didn't love Caylee, I think it means they couldn't bring her back and didn't want to lose their daughter. They knew in their heats that KC was not right, she had a temper and Caylee was at risk.

I listened to Part One of GA depo with JM and GA said, our daughter when referring to Caylee he quickly said, granddaughter trying to cover up a slip of the tongue. Maybe GA is the father of Caylee, and he helped KC with the cover up. Has his DNA been tested?

All the A's were DNAed but don't know if he was tested to see if he was the daddy.

Yes, the comment was in the FBI interview but he only said "clothes"; nothing about "laundry" or a bag. Still, he might have seen the laundry bag and thought "clothes" in his mind if he only saw it for a second before she slammed the trunk shut.

He did tell them this.
From FBI interview 7/31/08
http://www.wftv.com/video/18033186/index.html

FBI 7/31/08 Part 3

I could see clothes back there. she has a plastic blue bin, collapsible. We all have them.. Gas cans were inside the bin.
(I think this was paraphrased by me)
cue to 11:10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members