All Kyron Horman Searches

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
K9 Handler commends and thanks food preparers during Kyron search​

6a0105364e2a0e970b0133f160b260970b-pi

I told of a five member team given an assignment to search an extremely steep,slippery muddy large area. 1 member remained with the vehicles and reserve k9. We searched uphill with 2 k9's for hours. No one needed to eat anything until we found a small patch of shade..the dogs took a much needed nap and we all sat down..grateful for the rest​

Are there any searches going on today and where?Where are they at.

Generally how long do searches last in cases like this? I say generally because I know all cases are different, but just as we're running out of new information to discuss, I'll bet LE is too or will be. I want to think that they will continue to actively search until Kyron is found, but I can't imagine that that would be a reality, if he continues to stay gone for a long period of time.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen or heard if LE has opened the search efforts to the general public and/or private SAR teams yet?

Generally how long do searches last in cases like this? I say generally because I know all cases are different, but just as we're running out of new information to discuss, I'll bet LE is too or will be. I want to think that they will continue to actively search until Kyron is found, but I can't imagine that that would be a reality, if he continues to stay gone for a long period of time.

Generally, search efforts change after a period of time. Sometimes ground efforts are eased back, sometimes new search teams are brought in, sometimes different recovery teams are brought in. Often, when there are no new leads in a case like this, they will go to scheduling searches on a semi regular, volunteer basis- such as weekends, or once a month, or on anniversaries. It really depends upon LE, and the family, and the resources available.

Generally, search efforts change after a period of time. Sometimes ground efforts are eased back, sometimes new search teams are brought in, sometimes different recovery teams are brought in. Often, when there are no new leads in a case like this, they will go to scheduling searches on a semi regular, volunteer basis- such as weekends, or once a month, or on anniversaries. It really depends upon LE, and the family, and the resources available.

Thank you for that insight!

Are they going to make this a recovery effort now?Are they searching anywhere today for Kyron?I just pray they find kyron.

I think they need to go back to the school and start the search over, work their way out. Believe the school is key here.

Generous Thank You From Multnomah County Sheriff​

Dear Colleagues,

As the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office moves through its second week of the Kyron Horman search and investigation, I did not want to let any more time go by without taking a moment to express my heartfelt thanks to all of you for your overwhelming support to our agency during this strenuous time. I want to extend my personal thanks to every sworn member, every support staff person, and every volunteer associated with every local, municipal, county and state agency that committed resources to this search and rescue operation, and continued thanks to the searchers and investigative resources still committed to this operation. I am humbled by the immediacy and thescope of your response.

To date, hundreds of search and rescue workers, investigators, site security personnel, logistical support staff, and media and family liaison staff from over 43 individual agencies have been committed to this effort. The initial response to this search operation and investigation was unprecedented, with particular regard to the unqualified and immediate deployment of your personnel and equipment assets to both field operations and the incident command. Also, I must specifically note the incredible level of cooperation and support we received, and continue to receive, from our federal partners at the Federal Bureau of Investigation; certainly a level of cooperation not previously required by this agency.

The magnitude of response to this ongoing search and investigation has been unprecedented for Multnomah County, and our State as well. I cannot express enough how grateful I am, and how grateful this agency is, for your individual and organization support to this effort. We remain resolute in our continuing efforts to bring Kyron home, and the thoroughness and comprehensiveness of our operations to date would not have been possible if not for your measure of sacrifice toward this cause. Be assured, we will remember your overwhelming contributions of the last several days and we will be ready to return some portion of your support when your need arises.

Again, thanks to all of you.

Sincerely,

Daniel Staton
Multnomah County Sheriff​

6a0105364e2a0e970b013484ecdedd970c-200wi

RubyRed: thank you for the pictures and updates...they really make me feel like such an all-out, concerted effort is being made by such caring, diligent people that kyron has a chance of being found...prayers for his well-being, that of the search teams and dogs, and all others who are contributing in so many ways to this effort...thanks, again...

Are they searching any where now and where.They really do need to let people know if they are at least still searching for little Kyron.

*snipped for space*

TY for these pics Ruby! It's good to get a visual of the dogs & where they've searched. I'm very visual, so I appreciate all the pics you posted.

O/T: I love that golden retriever in the photos - reminds me of my daughter's doggie (she's not a SAR dog, but she can track like nobody's business! We play hide & seek games with her all the time, even at night on a new moon, and she can find us with a quickness that never ceases to amaze!).

Here is the dealio guys. I'm not at all happy with the blog that was posted here. In every missing person case there are people who may have good intentions and those who may not, who insert themselves into the case. We need to review what is going on here.

I am presently at work and for the time being we are not going to bring rumor here from any source. When we hear it in the news or we have more verification then we discuss it.

Until them let's stick with that it is possible an independent person is going to search.

Please familiarize yourselves here.... WS is not a place where blogs are posted without permission from the mods!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106878"]Threadiquette & Forum Rules Updates ~ Ask Your Questions Here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

We will review everything as time allows. Until then I ask that you stick to the discussion about a independent search. Without the rumor!

This has been brought up in another thread, but... does anyone know if they have TOTALLY searched the school itself? I can't help but be reminded of the Annie Le case. :(

This has been brought up in another thread, but... does anyone know if they have TOTALLY searched the school itself? I can't help but be reminded of the Annie Le case. :(

The school has been searched, top to bottom, even with bloodhounds, several times, but I feel the same way, deb - I keep wondering if he's still in there. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman