All Kyron Horman Searches

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost think it would have been more difficult, on a busy day in school, to take Kyron and get him to a place to hide inside the school, than to take him out of the school. But there are so many scenarios here, none is taking priority with me.

My other thought was - I see from the photos that there are dumpsters behind the school. I'd like to know when they were emptied - and if they were checked. Also - when the other science projects were picked up. If they were picked up before it was noticed that Kyron was missing, no one would have noticed a bulky box or bag being removed along with the other items.

I can't help but think that either:

1. Kyron left the school in the morning willingly and under his own power - whether accompanied or not.

2. He never left the school.

3. He was inside of something (box, suitcase, trash container) when he left - which could have been at any time during the day.

It doesn't seem reasonable that he was abducted and dragged out kicking and screaming without anyone noticing.

Is this a bloodhound out on Kyron's search? What a cute doggie!

36346_135564299790692_118396974840758_387671_5751569_n.jpg

I can't help but think that either:

1. Kyron left the school in the morning willingly and under his own power - whether accompanied or not.

2. He never left the school.

3. He was inside of something (box, suitcase, trash container) when he left - which could have been at any time during the day.

It doesn't seem reasonable that he was abducted and dragged out kicking and screaming without anyone noticing.

I totally agree. I wish I could shake the feeling of #2.
Heck, I wish I could shake the feeling of all of them and he was back home safe!!

OK , what is a bloodhound used for? Is that a cadaver dog? Sorry, know nothing about dogs...

This is the first time that I've looked at this thread, and I had an OMG! moment when I saw photo #5 posted by RubyRed on 6/25 at 8:32PM.

On the Dreams/Visions thread, I posted about having seen a field of tall grass with purple wildflowers. In the photo that I'm referencing, the area to the left of the search dog is exactly what I saw in my dream! Are there lots of fields around Portland that resemble the area in the photo? I didn't see the symmetrical plantings to the right of the yellow Lab; just the tall grassy expanse.

LOL @ ME.. ok I see that is breed of a dog.

I want to know what kind of dogs were used in Kyrons case.. ie. regular K-9 , Trained SAR dogs, cadaver dogs?? ect.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5341384&postcount=36"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Threadiquette & Forum Rules Updates ~ Ask Your Questions Here[/ame]

Please everyone read.

To my knowledge the USCG does not use Cadaver Dogs. And bloodhounds are not necessarily cadaver dogs. Can anyone verify whether a cadaver dog has been through the school and around the area?

So then USCG uses dogs to find only live people?

If Kyron is still in that school, it would not take a dog to find him at this point, sad to say.

This is the first time that I've looked at this thread, and I had an OMG! moment when I saw photo #5 posted by RubyRed on 6/25 at 8:32PM.

On the Dreams/Visions thread, I posted about having seen a field of tall grass with purple wildflowers. In the photo that I'm referencing, the area to the left of the search dog is exactly what I saw in my dream! Are there lots of fields around Portland that resemble the area in the photo? I didn't see the symmetrical plantings to the right of the yellow Lab; just the tall grassy expanse.

Yes, lots of fields, tall grasses, wild flowers, trees, wooded areas, slopes, curvy roads. You name it, we got it.

So then USCG uses dogs to find only live people?

LOL. Okay. Let me retract my statement and reiterate that yes, it would be good to know that at least one or more of the dogs that were used were cadaver dogs. Thanks for that catch, @Zaha

To my knowledge the USCG does not use Cadaver Dogs. And bloodhounds are not necessarily cadaver dogs. Can anyone verify whether a cadaver dog has been through the school and around the area?

Oh I know. I'm by no means an expert on search dogs, but I'm vaguely familiar with the different types of dogs and what they do.

You can do a search on this thread to see if cadaver dogs have been used. For example, I just found this post:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5301328&postcount=6"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - All Kyron Horman Searches[/ame]

One of our verified professional posters is a SAR professional. I believe her name is SarX. I think there might be another verified professional poster in this field, but the member's name escapes me. In any case, if we have questions, we can ask them to come and answer them. Not noting this specifically for you, Heph, but for everyone, while I think of it, as a resource we have.

LOL @ ME.. ok I see that is breed of a dog.

I want to know what kind of dogs were used in Kyrons case.. ie. regular K-9 , Trained SAR dogs, cadaver dogs?? ect.

6a0105364e2a0e970b0133f160b260970b-pi

I told of a five member team given an assignment to search an extremely steep,slippery muddy large area. 1 member remained with the vehicles and reserve k9. We searched uphill with 2 k9's for hours. No one needed to eat anything until we found a small patch of shade..the dogs took a much needed nap and we all sat down..grateful for the rest

Four members of our K9 Unit have been up in Portland assisting in the search for Kyron since last Thursday. It's nice to have such depth to our unit with several certified K9's, in a variety of disciplines, to answer the call when it comes in

http://jocosarblog.typepad.com/.a/6a0105364e2a0e970b0133f160b260970b-pi

This dog above was also in the search. I'll look around on SAR sites to see if I can identify exactlly what type of search dogs they are. eg: HRD or scent etc.

Thanks! I would but the board is saying I do not have permissions to search threads...

I admit that I think the final resolution of this case is going to hit close to home. However.... I can't help but think of other cases where someone was missing, and they were found close to the point they were reported missing. For instance, Jon Lacina - missing Iowa State college student from 1/22/2010. Found three months latter on April 14th, 2010 "in an "isolated room" of an old Dairy Pavilion about a mile south of central campus, just outside of the initial search area." People from everywhere were looking for him. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/16/jon-lacina-body-found_n_540407.html

Then there is the 2007 case of Robert Hornbeck that will always haunt me. He was a U.S. Army soldier who went missing after a night of partying in Savannah, GA. His family was there to celebrate his soon-to-be release from the Army. About two weeks later, his body was found inside an air-conditioning unit inside the Hilton he was staying at. He was a soldier that had survived Iraq and yet, he climbed up a remote staircase into a tiny opening that was so small it required special teams to remove the body. He bled to death after being injured by the blades of the airconditioning equipment. http://parisparfait.typepad.com/paris_parfait/2006/05/the_mystery_a_r.html

Point being - people can do strange things and sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. My gut tells me LE is pretty sure what happened to Kyron, and they are getting their act together before taking action. At the same time - I keep an open mind to everything, and I would suggest looking in places that you would initially think to be ridiculous places for a small child to be.

quote snipped by nosysw:
Then there is the 2007 case of Robert Hornbeck that will always haunt me. He was a U.S. Army soldier who went missing after a night of partying in Savannah, GA. His family was there to celebrate his soon-to-be release from the Army. About two weeks later, his body was found inside an air-conditioning unit inside the Hilton he was staying at. He was a soldier that had survived Iraq and yet, he climbed up a remote staircase into a tiny opening that was so small it required special teams to remove the body. He bled to death after being injured by the blades of the airconditioning equipment. http://parisparfait.typepad.com/paris_parfait/2006/05/the_mystery_a_r.html

Point being - people can do strange things and sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. My gut tells me LE is pretty sure what happened to Kyron, and they are getting their act together before taking action. At the same time - I keep an open mind to everything, and I would suggest looking in places that you would initially think to be ridiculous places for a small child to be.

that is such a sad story you linked to...

i agree with what you're saying about it being possible that he could be somewhere no one has thought to look that could be quite small...but what, or who, would he be hiding from on what seemed to be such a happy, special day for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave