All Texas Equusearch-Related Filings #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have rarely been posting in several months due to deaths in my family. However, after reading these last few pages I am more disgusted than ever! A ***PRIVATE*** INVESTIGATOR working for the court??? Using cell phones? And calling people at work??? People who tried to help a "missing" child out of the kindness of their hearts!!! Terrible!!! This defense sinks lower every day. Will this be allowed to continue? JMO

But they are allowed to call all the TES volunteers per the Joint Stipulation: http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...cuments in Possession of Texas Equusearch.pdf

Well, they may be allowed to, but one would think that if they had people, time, and resources to fish through the TES records, they would be better served to use those resources doing something that might ACTUALLY help in defense of KC. I mean, even if they do find one volunteer who will take the stand and say there was no water there, I searched and there was no body there, the SA has mountains of evidence to prove them wrong. Weather reports, topogroghy pics, the people across the street who know when there was water there and when there wasn't. This whole TES records search is a waste of time, energy, and tax payers money. IMO, JB knows this. I can't for the life of me understand why he is still pursuing it. Boggles my mind. MOO.

I have rarely been posting in several months due to deaths in my family. However, after reading these last few pages I am more disgusted than ever! A ***PRIVATE*** INVESTIGATOR working for the court??? Using cell phones? And calling people at work??? People who tried to help a "missing" child out of the kindness of their hearts!!! Terrible!!! This defense sinks lower every day. Will this be allowed to continue? JMO

So sorry to hear that, Cloud9! (((hugs)))

smiley-hug013.gif

Sorry to hear of your losses, cloud9. :hug:

Why would they be calling you again if you have already answered their questions? If you had nothing to contribute I would think this is a form of harassment. jmo

Sure sounds like harassment to me ... and also, a totally disorganized defense team wasting dollars calling people they already called ... :croc:

Thanks for the input from all of you who searched ... it's really sad that this is how you're repaid for volunteering to help find Caylee ...

Hmmmmmm I wasn't aware that the Orange County Courthouse employs "in house" PI's. Ummmmm can you say impersonating a....oh wait......the entire defense team seem to be impersonating legal professionals.

And why....may I ask is the cash poor defense using privately owned cell phones instead of Courthouse phones???? Calls from the courthouse would be free for them.... cell calls would not be covered by JAC. What would be the benefit of them using cells vs. landlines????

BTW......That question is rhetorical.

That is what I found so very interesting aout the call. IMHO they were trying to give the impression that this was an 'official' Orange County Court phone call, but they were clever enough to say they were calling FROM the courthouse, not FOR the Court. I don't remember hearing my caller give me a name, but then again, the call only lasted 20 seconds. Oh I just double checked and my call came at 1:12 this afternoon.

I got my call today. It was a woman who said she was a Private Investigator calling from the Orange County Courthouse - that seems to be an official part of their script, doesn't it. I told her I had absolutely no intention of speaking to her and hung up.

Kinda made my day, if you know what I mean :dance:

bbm ... huh? ... talk about misrepresentation ... this defense team just gets sleazier and sleazier ... no name just misleading people to believe the PI is working for the courts ... WTH?

Okay. Just discovered I had a missed call and VM on my cell phone from the same guy. This time he was asking for me ~ not my son. He said he'd be getting back with me again in the near future. I think he is reading from a script as it was almost word for word the same as the message he left for our son. I will be sure to note if on the next call he stays on the agreed-to script also!!

Anyway, we now have proof that they are trying to call everyone regardless of where they worked. The only form I filled out (since I went on no actual searches) was the application form. We know this is what they must be using to develop their calling lists.

Macushla, have you gotten your call yet? If not ~ gird your loins; I bet you'll be hearing from them tomorrow.

I'm wondering if your name was in a box of admin records that Baez complained he wasn't allowed to go through ... I mean it would seem that searchers and search records would be filed together and not necessarily with applications and other admin records ??? Just thinkin out loud ... hmmmm

The guy who called my son and me definitely did not identify himself as a PI. He only said he was from the Orange County Courthouse. Not calling from the courthouse ~ but from the courthouse. And I got his name wrong on the call for my son. It was much clearer on my cell phone. His initials were GC. A Google search confirmed that he was using his cell phone, listed in the same name. This may be an indication that we FL taxpayers are maybe not footing the long distance bills for these calls . . . ?

So who are these PI's ? KD, GC ? How many PI's do they have working for them? ... no wonder they were asking for so many additional hours for investigations ... I hardly think 2 days of cold calling and harassing people figures out to be the number of hours they were requesting unless they planned to further harass searchers now that they have a list of names and phone numbers ... I don't know if they're even allowed to right anything down but they have the info in their cell phones ... WTH?

Just reading about these calls makes me so mad!! Defense could have done this a long time ago, when they had money and time. There are so many other things they could be doing to finish up thier work before the deadlines! Ridiculous! I sure wish Judge would bust thier butts! The only good thing is, it is obvious this defense team is clueless and arrogant; definately a sinking ship. I guess JB spent too much time babysitting ICA the first year? This whole case makes me crazy!

I got my call today. It was a woman who said she was a Private Investigator calling from the Orange County Courthouse - that seems to be an official part of their script, doesn't it. I told her I had absolutely no intention of speaking to her and hung up.

Kinda made my day, if you know what I mean :dance:

Bold mine.

Very interesting how they are neglecting to mention that they are calling for KC's defense team. How misleading is that!? :furious:

How many searchers could be getting these calls and are not members here, and could inadvertently give more information to the caller than HHJP ordered.

Seems like this sort of thing would definitely be harassment! :furious:

Boy, I am really steamed! :furious:

So who are these PI's ? KD, GC ? How many PI's do they have working for them? ... no wonder they were asking for so many additional hours for investigations ... I hardly think 2 days of cold calling and harassing people figures out to be the number of hours they were requesting unless they planned to further harass searchers now that they have a list of names and phone numbers ... I don't know if they're even allowed to right anything down but they have the info in their cell phones ... WTH?

OMGosh! I never thought of that. With all the volunteers' names and contact numbers recorded on their own cells they can find out anything they want to know about everyone now, can't they? They probably don't even care what our answers are to where we searched ~ Recording the names and contact info (on their cell phones) might have been their real goal in order to do quick searches to see if anyone had anything suspicious in a quick background check.

I don't even have a traffic ticket on my records but the actions of the defense players (and family) and their reputations have made me almost paranoid. I feel really bad for any volunteer who had a good heart but a cloudy past who volunteered!!! This is all just soooo wrong.

Bold mine.

Very interesting how they are neglecting to mention that they are calling for KC's defense team. How misleading is that!? :furious:

How many searchers could be getting these calls and are not members here, and could inadvertently give more information to the caller than HHJP ordered.

Seems like this sort of thing would definitely be harassment! :furious:

Boy, I am really steamed! :furious:

The guy who called us didn't even say he was a PI. He just said, "Yes, this message is for [my name]. I am GC. I am calling from the Orange County Courthouse regarding your participation with Texs Equusearch in the Casey Anthony case. We'll be getting back with you in the near future. Thank you." Verbatim. Absolutely no mention of who he was representing or on whose behalf he was calling. :fish:

And are these people really, really licensed PI's? Can you look their names up online to see if they actually hold a PI license or are they falsely identifing themselves as private investigators and are not licensed by the State of Florida?

Not to be an a@@hat, but the order does allow them to call any searchers and ask them if they were part of an organized search of Suburban Dr., or did they search there on their own.
I understand what a hassle this is for all the volunteers, but JB doesn't give a ****. He is hoping to find someone, anyone, who will say something, anything, that he can use.
So sorry for all of you who, out of the goodness of your hearts, tried to help find this little girl. jmo

Also, I really wish I could be a fly on the wall and hear how Laura Buchanan's deposition is going.

Not to be an a@@hat, but the order does allow them to call any searchers and ask them if they were part of an organized search of Suburban Dr., or did they search there on their own.
I understand what a hassle this is for all the volunteers, but JB doesn't give a ****. He is hoping to find someone, anyone, who will say something, anything, that he can use.
So sorry for all of you who, out of the goodness of your hearts, tried to help find this little girl. jmo

Re your bold: Yep, they'd probably be better off using the Orlando white pages and start at the letter A. :crazy:

The guy who called us didn't even say he was a PI. He just said, "Yes, this message is for [my name]. I am GC. I am calling from the Orange County Courthouse regarding your participation with Texs Equusearch in the Casey Anthony case. We'll be getting back with you in the near future. Thank you." Verbatim. Absolutely no mention of who he was representing or on whose behalf he was calling. :fish:

The 'calling from the Courthouse' was stated up front to make it sound like it's from an official.
Misleading is what I'd call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member