All things Prince William & Kate Middleton

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh...yes, I did call her the future Princess William, because legally speaking, she's marrying into the title that belongs to William. From my understanding, a direct legal independent princess title is something you have to be born into. Of course, as pop-culture did with Diana, when they dubbed her Princess Diana (she was actually Princess Charles), Kate will be tagged and forever referred to as Princess Kate.

LOL I am in England and find out this news on Websleuths, thanks guys:woohoo:
All the best to them, I hope Wills has a happier marriage than his father and that Kate surives the snobbery of Buckingham Palace

~Oh, I am so glad I double-checked to see if there was already a thread started on this (I see there are two), as I was just about to start one!

I admit, I am a sentimental fool. I ditched school to watch his 'Mum's' wedding when I was a teenager, and remember the excitement of when Diana was expecting this Royal Baby Prince William. I remember when he was born. I probably read every issue of my mom's People Magazine, as the media followed every step- and misstep- of Diana's life.

All those years later, I remember crying at the shock of her death, and spending the night at my best friend's house, where we set our alarm clocks to awaken in the middle of the night to watch Diana's funeral live on television. My friend and I were both married with kids, making a big to-do over the death a woman we had never met, but felt that we knew so well.

Now it's come full circle, and this Royal Baby is a grown man, and ready to have a Royal wedding of his own. Suddenly, I feel so much older.

Kate Middleton is a beautiful young woman. I'll bet she has a better idea of what she is getting into than Diana Spencer did.

I can't help but feel this is bittersweet, though.
I feel sad that his mother won't be there to witness his wedding.
I bet she would be so proud of her son.
Maybe she will be there in spirit.

I am a Wikipedia junkie.....

~ Catherine Elizabeth 'Kate' Middleton's Wiki page:
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Middleton[/ame]

~ Prince William Arthur Philip Louis of Wales' Wiki page:
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_William_of_Wales[/ame]

Rule Britannia! Britannia rule the waves!
Britons never, never, never shall be slaves.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvOtbSqeejg[/ame]

lyrics

CNN is reporting that he gave her his mother's famous engagement ring! :)

Congrats to the happy couple! May Wills and Kate live in wedded bliss during their journey to become King and Queen! All my best wishes to them both!

I think Princess Di (yep, she is and always will be a princess in my book, The People's Princess) is smiling down from above with pride in William's choice of a bride and lifetime marital partner. She is a beautiful young woman.

(My 27 yr old daughter will be disheartened to learn of these impending nuptials. She has crushed on Wills since she was a little girl, LOL!)

wm

finally

I wonder if their wedding will be televised? It's sure to be as big a deal as his parents.

193834602.jpg

CONGATULATIONS - I hope she will be as lovely as Dianna was :)
It's about time William !!!! :)

Well if he had...i guess Wills and Harry wouldnt have been born..and i do think due to his mothers ways...that he will make a good King..if he gets to be one before hes 70 anyhow - but yea i know what you mean. Diana IMO was far too good for Charles :(

I just love this couple. I watched them on the front page of CNN and how William proposed - very original (in Kenya, carrying his mom's ring around for 3 weeks) :) Since hubby is from the UK, it's special for us. I love our visits to the UK, and hope to get some memorabilia. I still have some from Di's wedding :)

The best to both of them.

Mel

CONGATULATIONS - I hope she will be as lovely as Dianna was :)
It's about time William !!!! :)

If you watch the interview on cnn.com, Katherine (as she will now be called per the castle) has the same type of innocence as Princess Diana did in the early days. I'm sure many will continue to call her Kate, but Katherine sure has a royal ring to it ;)

So exciting!

Mel

They are a stunning couple & I hope they will be very happy! Can't wait for the wedding festivities, my friend & I are already planning a watch party.

LOL I am in England and find out this news on Websleuths, thanks guys:woohoo:
All the best to them, I hope Wills has a happier marriage than his father and that Kate surives the snobbery of Buckingham Palace

From what I understand from my UK family is the castle has been more laid-back in recent years. The queen even has her own blackberry. Prince Harry even sent out a text message from her phone that said "hey, it's Liz".

Oh, and her staff now has her on FB - LOL.

I think both young men have brought quite a bit of joy to the stuffy castle. May there be lots of little grandbabies!

MOO

Mel

From what I understand from my UK family is the castle has been more laid-back in recent years. The queen even has her own blackberry. Prince Harry even sent out a text message from her phone that said "hey, it's Liz".

Oh, and her staff now has her on FB - LOL.

I think both young men have brought quite a bit of joy to the stuffy castle. May there be lots of little grandbabies!

MOO

Mel

Eek a mini Harry would be interesting :angel:

I just saw a special on Kate Middleton last week and she is in no way naive like Diana, she is a grown woman, for one thing, nearly 30. She is very sophisticated and intelligent, in fact nothing like any royal before her that I know of...

I hope Prince W. still has a bit of hair left by the wedding :)

Funny they announced it now, this week's Dateline is a show about Prince Charles and his wait for the throne...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back