All things Prince William & Kate Middleton

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so excited for this. I remember watching his beautiful mothers wedding... then the birth of her beautiful baby boys... then tragic death.

I think that it is lovely that he gave her his mothers engagement ring so that a part of her would be there. Good luck to the beautiful couple... hope we all get to see the wedding!

There was much criticism of him giving her his mother's ring, but I think it's sweet and very sentimental of him and his way of keeping his mother alive in their hearts. He is afterall, the result of that union, even if it didn't work out I'm sure he loves both his parents and is honoring them both by giving Kate the ring.

I just watched the interview with them on CNN: you can tell that they are extremely comfortable with each other... which is refreshing, given that interviews Charles & Diana did before their wedding were chocked full of massive awkwardness with each other.

I think Kate will do great... but goodness, you know the pressure has to be extremely tense, right now. BUT... as if marrying into the royal family isn't hard enough, PR wise: as soon as their wedding day has ended, the media and public are going to start laying claim to her reproductive system by putting her on "heir & a spare" watch. That kind of pressure has to feel totally insane...

The news is usually so negative that it's really, really nice to get an sweet story like this.

From what I understand from my UK family is the castle has been more laid-back in recent years. The queen even has her own blackberry. Prince Harry even sent out a text message from her phone that said "hey, it's Liz".

Oh, and her staff now has her on FB - LOL.

I think both young men have brought quite a bit of joy to the stuffy castle. May there be lots of little grandbabies!

MOO

Mel

Yes there is a facebook page for the Royals BUT i doubt the Queen goes on it. Likewise..she MAY have a mobile but i doubt she uses it. I personally think there just trying to make the Royals seem more " normal and with it" but im not sure it works. I agree that both Wills and Harry..and probably Zara Eugenie and Beatrice have brought joy to the Palace but..im still not sure how modern the Royal family is ie..there is talk that William is gonna work this Christmas at the base where he works which actually could be to solve the predicadement he would be in...BUT...if he was to go to Sandringham with the rest of the Royals ( awesome Estate by the way an d is near where Diana grew up) even though he is engaged to Kate she most probably would not be allowed to stay in the house with him and the rest of the family. She would be banished on her own to a house in the grounds..just because there not married which sucks.

@ Cluciano personally i would like it if Charles was NEVER King and that it goes straight to William and actually I think a lot of Brits would agree with me.

One thing i thought about this morning - the wedding will have the Queen Charles William Harry in one area..and many many many other Royals and famous people in a small area. I sure hope the security is massive cause certain people Al Quaida could have a field day that day :(

Charlie should have married her in the first place, not the sacrificial lamb that was the lovely Diana

Lifelong happiness to William and Kate. She has such a nice smile.

Re: Charles

I think Charles loved Camilla from the beginning, and their marriage appears to be a happy one.

I am so happy for Will and Kate! I also think that his giving his mother's ring to Kate is very sweet. She is one very lucky woman.

I watched the royal wedding of Prince Williams parents way back when. I was totally devastated when Princess Diana died in the accident, and was just heartbroken for Will and Harry when they had to remain stoic and walk in the funeral procession. Prince William and Harry deserve all the happiness they can get from this life.

This is a beautiful couple and I wish them everlasting happiness!

Lifelong happiness to William and Kate. She has such a nice smile.

Re: Charles

I think Charles loved Camilla from the beginning, and their marriage appears to be a happy one.

My feelings exactly regarding Charles and Camilla.

I just watched the interview with them on CNN: you can tell that they are extremely comfortable with each other... which is refreshing, given that interviews Charles & Diana did before their wedding were chocked full of massive awkwardness with each other.

I think Kate will do great... but goodness, you know the pressure has to be extremely tense, right now. BUT... as if marrying into the royal family isn't hard enough, PR wise: as soon as their wedding day has ended, the media and public are going to start laying claim to her reproductive system by putting her on "heir & a spare" watch. That kind of pressure has to feel totally insane...

Well it clearly is a very different situation from Charles and Diana.

There was much criticism of him giving her his mother's ring, but I think it's sweet and very sentimental of him and his way of keeping his mother alive in their hearts. He is afterall, the result of that union, even if it didn't work out I'm sure he loves both his parents and is honoring them both by giving Kate the ring.

I can't believe that anyone could criticize him for giving her his mothers ring. Parents get divorced all the time. I really can not stand when people try to make the children choose between the two. Both Princess Diana and Prince Charles love both of those boys. It is clearly evident. And the boys love both their mother and father. I find it quite honorable to give up such a precious piece of himself (his mothers ring), if you ask me. I think it shows just how much he loves and respects Kate.

Well it clearly is a very different situation from Charles and Diana.

Oh yes, I am very much in agreement. And what was that horrid statement he made "what is love really"?

Sorry I don't have a link, but just remember it from a video ages ago. Anyone else remember this?

Best,

Mel

Oh yes, I am very much in agreement. And what was that horrid statement he made "what is love really"?

Sorry I don't have a link, but just remember it from a video ages ago. Anyone else remember this?

Best,

Mel

He said words to that effect yes.

I wish them all the best. They come across as very sensible, nice and normal. Hopefully these traits will help their very public marriage survive.

I can't believe there would be any criticism with him giving Kate his mother's ring. Why wouldn't he? Unless it's supposed to be locked up or in a museum or something? If Charles doesn't have a problem with it, and he doesn't seem to, then no one should have a problem with it.

I have high hopes that this will be a happy marriage, in that it will fare better than Charles & Diana's. It was so sweet when William said that he wanted to wait to propose so Kate would have an idea of what her life would be like & give her the opportunity to break it off if she needed to. He said it in a joking way but I thought it was sweet b/c he is thinking of her well-being & her feelings & doesn't want to repeat mistakes of the past. Very mature thinking on his part!

Well, I have a different opinion on this. While I understand Prince William's sentimentality regarding his mother's engagement ring, I must admit that I cringed inside when I saw the photo of Kate's hand and the ring. I was saying to myself "Oh, no! That isn't....... Oh, yes it is." And then I went and watched the youtube of the engagement interview.

While the sentiment was fine and actually quite touching, I wish he had given his bride-to-be this particular ring for some other occasion and had given her a brand new ring for their engagement.

I'm sure the young lady is quite happy with whatever she got, however. And there will be plenty of other jewels in her future.

And yes, I was a huge Diana fan. Got up at 4:00 am to watch the Charles/Diana wedding. Was glued to the TV during her funeral. Went to see the traveling "Diana exhibit" with her wedding dress and other gowns.

And I surely wish this young couple well. To see them standing there with THOUSANDS of flashes going off in their faces for such a lengthy time was kind of painful to watch.

Well, I have a different opinion on this. While I understand Prince William's sentimentality regarding his mother's engagement ring, I must admit that I cringed inside when I saw the photo of Kate's hand and the ring. I was saying to myself "Oh, no! That isn't....... Oh, yes it is." And then I went and watched the youtube of the engagement interview.

While the sentiment was fine and actually quite touching, I wish he had given his bride-to-be this particular ring for some other occasion and had given her a brand new ring for their engagement.

I'm sure the young lady is quite happy with whatever she got, however. And there will be plenty of other jewels in her future.

And yes, I was a huge Diana fan. Got up at 4:00 am to watch the Charles/Diana wedding. Was glued to the TV during her funeral. Went to see the traveling "Diana exhibit" with her wedding dress and other gowns.

And I surely wish this young couple well. To see them standing there with THOUSANDS of flashes going off in their faces for such a lengthy time was kind of painful to watch.

I saw her gowns in London - so exquisite! Ya know what my first thought was - OMG what if she loses it? This ring is priceless, you can't replace a ring that once belonged to Diana. That's a lot of pressure to put on Kate.

I am glad she has it, but boy....she better guard it like no tomorrow! No "woops, it fell down the loo".

MOO

Mel

Was just watching ET... surprise, surprise: the 2 topics hit on were 1. Kate's weight and... 2..... HEIR AND A SPARE.

Poor girl... she must have the patience and tolerance of a saint, to allow herself to deal with that kind of invasive crap.

I can't wait to see all the coverage of their wedding and the print too. I'm sure I'll buy all the mags that have what she wears in them as they come out.

I enjoyed her Husband to be's Mother's marriage too.

Congrats to them both! Lovely pair!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back