All things swine flu (H1N1)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Possible 2 swine flu deaths In Los Angelas Just reported by CNN. Folks, we have just moved into an ENTIRLY different scenerio...... As of 2:52 pm.

MANY 100's now in NEW york infected and have swine flu, as reported by Cnn.

Well, I broke my 'no sanitizers rule'. I refused to buy into the hand sanitizer hype, prefering good old had washing instead. But walking through Walmart today & seeing all of the people (ack! unwashed masses!), with my kids in tow, I decided it might not be a bad idea to keep a small bottle in my purse. And, yes, I used it as soon as I buckled them in the car seats. Its the foaming kind, so they thought it was fun...

I have been using hand sanitizer too. I take the subways which are a germ factory so I have been obsessively sanitizing my hands.

The two men who died were in the age range that is causing deaths in Mexico instead of the child, teens, and older man who were reported to have this first. One did have lymphoma so he was probably weaker. I believe in the other one the state refused to accept pneaumonia as cause of death and are investigating for swine flu. The director of the Federal Center of Disease Control said that he expects to find deaths from swine flu as deaths are investigated.

Thanks TXsVicki....I just hate that the media reports on this when they really shouldn't until it's confirmed IMO. I have no doubt there will be deaths.

Swine Flu is not suspected in 2 deaths in CA...on Fox now. That's good news.

It makes you wonder if the states are trying to keep deaths or more cases hush hush as to not cause panic? Florida did this! The mexican that had visited orlando and theme parks, was confirmed to have been diagnosed with swine flu, but florida thought they would pull a fast one and try and keep it from the public, but a news station has verified that the guy was in fact diagnosed with it.

USDA: Please call it H12N1, not 'swine flu'.

Seems that the government now fears that this will have an detrimental effect on pork exports and would like everyone to stop using 'swine flu'. China has already announced a ban on pork from the known states in the U.S. that have reported outbreaks of the flu.

H1N1 just doesn't have much of a ring to it though, does it?

Well, I broke my 'no sanitizers rule'. I refused to buy into the hand sanitizer hype, prefering good old had washing instead. But walking through Walmart today & seeing all of the people (ack! unwashed masses!), with my kids in tow, I decided it might not be a bad idea to keep a small bottle in my purse. And, yes, I used it as soon as I buckled them in the car seats. Its the foaming kind, so they thought it was fun...

I broke the rule too better safe then sorry.

Just heard on NBC Nightly News that some 200 students in the NYC area are potentially infected.

It makes you wonder if the states are trying to keep deaths or more cases hush hush as to not cause panic? Florida did this! The mexican that had visited orlando and theme parks, was confirmed to have been diagnosed with swine flu, but florida thought they would pull a fast one and try and keep it from the public, but a news station has verified that the guy was in fact diagnosed with it.

Yes they did and it makes me furious. Here is the link to WFTV where they actually have a copy of the doctor's email.

http://www.wftv.com/news/19311020/detail.html

I'm just waiting for one of my kids schools to close...or the district for that matter. It's bound to happen..my oldests high school has 3200 kids....the middle and elementary about 1300 each....so I have germs coming from 3 different places!

I live in Orlando. Although I'm concerned about the possible cases here, there is another situation that I'm alarmed about. My assistant has a part-time job in the evenings at a clothing store to earn extra money. One of her co-workers at the store is going to Mexico on vacation this weekend. My assistant and everyone else in the store are begging her not to go. They fear that she might become infected and pass it on to them when she returns to work next week. My assistant is so concerned that she is considering quitting the part time job. She only has it for extra spending money because she likes to dress well and she also gets free clothes from the job. I'm not encouraging her one way or the other, but at the same time I'm hoping she does quit because if she gets it, then I'll probably catch it from her as we use the same phone and are together in a small office all day.

I sure do wish they would close the borders until this gets under control. I know that people save up for their vacations and look forward to them, but I think anyone going to Mexico right now is an absolute fool and they are putting themselves and everyone else in their lives at risk.

This is probably a stupid question, but my ex went to Cancun a couple of weeks ago. He got back at the end of last week. My son collects coins and he brought him some. He hasn't given them to my son yet. What's the best way to make sure they don't have some type of germ on them? Someone suggested dipping them in alcohol.

I would think bleach.

This is probably a stupid question, but my ex went to Cancun a couple of weeks ago. He got back at the end of last week. My son collects coins and he brought him some. He hasn't given them to my son yet. What's the best way to make sure they don't have some type of germ on them? Someone suggested dipping them in alcohol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kat1970
Back